test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

April 2023 Outage Discussion Thread

Comments

• doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    After that last patch attempt, the really big one, I was able to log in.
    Same here, just got there. Seems you have download around 30gb+ on patches to log in.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Same here, just got there. Seems you have download around 30gb+ on patches to log in.

Thanks for info, looks like my patching adventure continues. I just short cut of switching from live to tribble on launcher instead of relauching it all the time.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

After that last patch attempt, the really big one, I was STILL NOT ABLE to log in.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

Looks to me it's always the same patch ending in .8
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • joeraikagejoeraikage Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I just able to log in just fine today, about 30minutes ago. just a quick patch about 250mb and I was able to log in, play the TFO, collecting the admirality...then I exit the game, wait a few moments..restart the launcher, download the patch about 2 gigs andd then client quit unexpectedly. currently my second patch now, wish me luck...if not...

I'm gonna skip first contact event and just wait for the game to normalize itself.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Can't be the same patch because you download different sizes. I downloaded a total of over 30gb which is an insane amount of data to patch for the issue they are having. Still went somewhat fast for me, but I feel for people who don't have a fast internet connection.

I should also mention I reinstalled the entire game because of this before the patches so that might have something to do with it.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.

Can't be the same patch because you download different sizes. I downloaded a total of over 30gb which is an insane amount of data to patch for the issue they are having. Still went somewhat fast for me, but I feel for people who don't have a fast internet connection.

I was about to have a mini meltdown, but, lo and behold, it finally logged me in. :) And INVALIDENTITYNAME was fixed too (hope I didn't just jinx it).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • husk10#9106 husk10 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Someone in the Support thread reported the game now works. I tried 3x and the game patched anywhere from 1.5GB to 5GB but still failed to launch. I tried a 4th time and it patched another 5GB and now works.
  • joeraikagejoeraikage Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    4th time, still no joy...and my pcl_2023-04-07_08-00-00.log file in logs folder already bloated to 4mb.
    gonna try my 5th time today, after that...is it still not working, guess I'll stop playing STO for a while..
  • husk10#9106 husk10 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    joeraikage wrote: »
    4th time, still no joy...and my pcl_2023-04-07_08-00-00.log file in logs folder already bloated to 4mb.
    gonna try my 5th time today, after that...is it still not working, guess I'll stop playing STO for a while..

Try rebooting your PC before attempting to patch. After I rebooted before my 4th attempt at patching, it took way longer than the previous 3 attempts to patch as if it was actually writing the patch.
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    so if we patch the game 10 times it might work? ill give it a shot
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User

Try rebooting your PC before attempting to patch. After I rebooted before my 4th attempt at patching, it took way longer than the previous 3 attempts to patch as if it was actually writing the patch.

It's all different size patch, if it the same it may not be working.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,234 Arc User
    khazlol wrote: »
    That worked for me, I wasn't really counting might have been 8 might have been 12 but I got in. Each patch seemed to be a different size.
  • rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I'm seeing too many false positives here. I'll wait for an official announcement before I hit double-digit patches & it still not working. This could be a good time to take a break from STO; the down side is losing event progress & getting booted from fleets.
  • arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I had just joined a fleet with my new character. I was just gearing up.

If some people are actually in and playing, maybe it's time to start posting specs, find out why some people can log in and others can't.

• dispatcher988#5476 dispatcher988 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Sure instills a high level of confidence that you did a smart thing and dropped $200 on a lifetime package less than a week ago, let me tell ya lol.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    Not going to spend the weekend D/Ling patch after patch and then still not be able to play. When GearBox and Cryptic get their collective, ahem, "stuff" together I may be back. If not? Lots of other MMO's out there, amiright?

It's been a great ride and I'm going to miss all of (well, most of) you. Laters.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    It is now April7th 10:52 UCT

The Launcher started a patching routine;

Result: Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

So I still cannot enter the game.

Can I please have some update on the progress, cause and estimated time required to have it solved?
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Been patching for the last 3 hours and no joy. Maybe it's time to explore other titles and find something else to invest in.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    khazlol wrote: »
    That worked for me, I wasn't really counting might have been 8 might have been 12 but I got in. Each patch seemed to be a different size.

Must have been the Night of Hell for Cryptic, frantically bringing out one patch after another, hoping the latest one will be the charm. :smile:

I've seen patch-outages that took longer (like 2 days), but this one was probably the messiest.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    I still haven't been able to get the game to launch. Patch after patch and it still tells me, Client quit unexpectedly", when trying to launch the game.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,170 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I still haven't been able to get the game to launch. Patch after patch and it still tells me, Client quit unexpectedly", when trying to launch the game.

As it states on the twitter post It may not work first time. Some players are now in game after only less than 5 patch attempts, some other players it has taken more than 5. Some are on 20 + attempts and still no luck.

I'm currently running my 3rd patch
  • megas#5499 megas Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I'm in an STO patch death loop. Huzzah.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Under the premace that it may actually be fixed (which i seriously doubt) I am running a full verify this morning and allowing it to redownload (took almost 3 hours yesterday) and its slower this morning than yesterday, but its an attempt at maybee undoing some of the damage that the updates are doing, under the idea that the updates may be downloading junk. I am factoring in that the force verify will go after specific files and assuming it still knows what to download for my computer LOL.
    I will put thru an update in a efw hours when I have an update once its complete.
    3 plus hours after starting a force verify 8gb download - no joy - launcher terminates immediately - same message as before.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    If you do get in, stay logged in. After 20+ patches I was finally able to enter the game, only to have my power flash 10 minutes later kicking me out of the game. Back in the patch loop I went trying to get back in.
    Looks like I spoke too soon. :( Even though I got in earlier, still redoing the patching now, and can't get in any more. Lovely.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited April 2023
    If you do get in, stay logged in. After 20+ patches I was finally able to enter the game, only to have my power flash 10 minutes later kicking me out of the game. Back in the patch loop I went trying to get back in.

I just posted a similar experience. 'The login Is a Lie.'

EDIT: I also tried to disable patching. The launcher won't let you. It forces you to patch before you can start. And then it crashes you.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    I've been playing MMOs for darn near 20 years and I have never seen a "fix" so broken lol
  • megas#5499 megas Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Looks like I spoke too soon. :( Even though I got in earlier, still redoing the patching now, and can't get in any more. Lovely.

Doing a force verify to see if that works.

Edit: It worked. Not sure what will happen if I log out, and back in again...but the 11 gig...force verify works. :D
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    I think we all deserve a free T6 coupon for having to put up with this mess. If they can't get it fixed today, then a free Legendary pack would be needed to motivate me to continue being patient.
This discussion has been closed.