test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• Options
    thatsgottahurtthatsgottahurt Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Wow, there are a ton of people here with the same issue.
    I am amazed that, after finding out about this problem, they didn't just claw back the patch. How hard could it be?
    I have, like, zero life and almost all I do is play this game. Now I'm bored to tears.
    Good thing Diablo IV isn't here yet or I would likely get addicted to it for a few months.
    The killer things is, I use Intel and nVidia, and so does my roommate, yet his game is working and mine isn't. I don't get it.
    Now, it's the night of a long weekend, I have some spare cash, and I can't play the game.
    Fun, fun, fun 'till Daddy takes the T-Bird away........
  • Options
    gb1dtfgb1dtf Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Same problem here "unable to start game client"
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Also unable to play on my primary 'gaming' rig...BUT

I have another computer (right next to my gaming rig) that I use for work and I sometimes do Admiralty and DOFF-ing on it, while I'm working. I can still log into the game on that work computer, but that rig can't handle much more than simple STO tasks. From what I've read on various forums, if you were logged into the game when the patch that caused the issue was rolled out then you are not effected by the bug. I think I may have been logged on, and that may explain why a handful of players are still able to play. Waiting patiently :*
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »

2 hours since the post and still nothing.. Can't blame STO... I think the entire Dev team is down to like 15 people in total.
  • Options
    I have been looking forward to this long weekend.
    Not any more.
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Seems it's other Arc launchers too.
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    husk10#9106 husk10 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Recently deployed fix seems to have fixed nothing although it did update the launcher.
  • Options
    stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Patch did not resolve the issue... Still unable to connect to server....
  • Options
    Same here game re-patched and updated launcher but still fails to start.
  • Options
    Same...still not working.
  • Options
    ragnusthorneragnusthorne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    (Flaming/trrolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Now everytime I launch the game it patches for a few minutes comes up with a file not found error then patches again and then fails to start.
  • Options
    beckymidnyte#7112 beckymidnyte Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I've completely blown out my install and done a fresh install and it still is the same issue of Unable to start game client.
  • Options
    glasswordsglasswords Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Latest fun... I will try again tomorrow...

p6qr8zp22zuf.png
  • Options
    shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    OK... just in case the ARC portion of the launcher which doesn't get deleted when uninstalling the game, are corrupted, I'm trying a complete uninstall and delete of all ARC and STO files.

1st thing I notice on a complete reinstall from scratch... is a new launcher now CL_2023_04_06_17_12

Previously, it was CL_2022_01_19_11_11 that kept trying to get patched.

Fingers crossed.

On a side note... since this bug hunt started, I have noticed the launcher stopped asking me for my login info... instead it went right to ready, ENGAGE. This also made me wonder if it might be the ARC files that got bugged, since there were also reports of other ARC game launchers having issues.
  • Options
    coltonasheparkercoltonasheparker Member Posts: 1 New User
    Seems these errors should not occur because of a "Test Server"
  • Options
    zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    That is what I thought. If you have "Test" servers, how did a patch bring all of the production servers down? I was a Network/Server engineer for a major wireless company and before that a major telco (34+ years). If anyone had let a patch go in the production servers that caused this widespread and long duration outage, and had not tested it in the lab first, they would have been fired.
  • Options
    shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    shadowaxx wrote: »
    OK... just in case the ARC portion of the launcher which doesn't get deleted when uninstalling the game, are corrupted, I'm trying a complete uninstall and delete of all ARC and STO files.

1st thing I notice on a complete reinstall from scratch... is a new launcher now CL_2023_04_06_17_12

Previously, it was CL_2022_01_19_11_11 that kept trying to get patched.

Fingers crossed.

On a side note... since this bug hunt started, I have noticed the launcher stopped asking me for my login info... instead it went right to ready, ENGAGE. This also made me wonder if it might be the ARC files that got bugged, since there were also reports of other ARC game launchers having issues.

No Joy :( Launcher keeps patching on start up, but game client fails to launch.
  • Options
    dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    gb1dtf wrote: »
    Now everytime I launch the game it patches for a few minutes comes up with a file not found error then patches again and then fails to start.

Same issue here. Guess I can go use the time I alotted for STO to go play more of something else. Since the crash happened to me the night before last, I am on day 2 of no access to the game server.
  • Options
    starbase35starbase35 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I had an Update in Game clientlauncher (Version Launcher Version: CL_2023_04_06_17_12) ca. 46 MB and then, now everytime I launch the Game on Holodeck it patches the Game with the last Patch I think, and when i try using to Start the Game it Says: Unable to Start Game Client:Client quit unexpectedly. When I Close the Game and reopen the Launcher the Patch is Downloading again and then Patch - Error 2 - File not found. And then Patch Restarting and patching.
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    gtv4lwmj41f1.png

still DOA
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    nightdragon81nightdragon81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    glasswords wrote: »
    Latest fun... I will try again tomorrow...

p6qr8zp22zuf.png

getting this as well
  • Options
    oswin13oswin13 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same issue as everyone else. Last night, I got in fine and the only issues I ran into was a patch/crash at the KDF academy which took like 4-5 different tries to finally get my character out of there and 1 crash at the start of Fujiwara Effect. As soon as I got the most recent patch, I keep getting the Client Quit Unexpectedly message and it keeps patching everytime I reopen the launcher if I close it.
  • Options
    dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    zeus#0893 wrote: »
    That is what I thought. If you have "Test" servers, how did a patch bring all of the production servers down? I was a Network/Server engineer for a major wireless company and before that a major telco (34+ years). If anyone had let a patch go in the production servers that caused this widespread and long duration outage, and had not tested it in the lab first, they would have been fired.

The devs announced on Twitter that they have a fix for some. I guess I'm one of the folks it won't work on. Force verified and it updated, but same issue AGAIN.
  • Options
    zixx#1779 zixx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    > @nightdragon81 said:
    > getting this as well

Yup... same here.... on to a new error... lol!

"Error 2: File not found."
  • Options
    conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    if you "force verify" you will be locked out!!!
    this is where I believe the problem lies since that is when it started for me LAST WEEK before the patch
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Worst april fools joke ever.