test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• Options
    nightdragon81nightdragon81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    i had this same issue, was going to the bridge on my kdf char and crashed, tried to force verify, and now in client unexpectedly hell.
  • Options
    susanaelia#4902 susanaelia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    (Private correspondence removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    glasswordsglasswords Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    strayngestraynge Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same here. Force verified,now game client crashes immediately.
  • Options
    raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Well, at least your game starts...
  • Options
    gizzardukgizzarduk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Another for the list, got past one mission that kept crashing only to hit another now.. Seems to be when on demand patching happens. :(
  • Options
    bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Could it have been caused by something like this?

ysy817308rxi.gif
  • Options
    stompit#4493 stompit Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2023
    Bugs suck
  • Options
    bughole3bughole3 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Same issue here. This morning a patch got installed, and it wouldn't work after that. I have the stand alone game on my PC. On the laptop, I have the Arc launcher, and it worked this morning. I started it again now and the patch came through and doesn't work on Arc installation also.

• Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    I managed to fill in the DLLs from other sources. There were about 5 I had to copy, but the remaining error suggests that the steam version was mistakenly packaged. Or a configuration flag during compilation was changed.

wptqgvsmsp2m.png
  • Options
    Bugs suck

I resent that.
  • Options
    shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Another victim of the patch bug.

Trouble started when trying to beam down to Star Fleet Academy last night, and that character got stuck in a game crash loop.

I tried with another character, and was able to beam down and complete the LORE endeavor.

In game chat recommended letting the launcher verify STO files, and thus began phase two of whatever bug(s) are in play.

I also received the email referenced from my submitting a ticket last night.

... so ... we wait on a new patch to fix what has broken.

PS... I run STO on Win 11 now, so I tried a Win 10 start up SSD to see if STO was broken there. My mistake was letting that STO proceed thru patching and downloading the patch. So that STO is broken as well. Although, I'm not sure if that month+ old STO version would have logged in without recent updates installed.

aside... the silver lining to this buggy dark cloud... I went outside, and SPRING has sprung in the Mid Atlantic USA.

:)
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    joining the club. patch hell.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    vesty#3846 vesty Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    same boat here can't even connect to the game servers at all..... Hate to say it but the dev's humped the bunk bigtime
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    divqxh18gq6n.png
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    dan#8427 dan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I was actually playing a new toon last night, and got booted during an episode, I was able to log back in and access my other toons but whenever I started replaying the new toon I got booted again. Eventually after started to get the 5qhewwgver0q.png
  • Options
    nightdragon81nightdragon81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    what gets me is the fact they dont have a way to revert the patch to previous version, and kick the new patch to a test sever, so it would allow those of us to contiune playing

also just redo the next event for when they can safely patch it
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    We are going into 24 hours now since the start of the "Great STO disaster of 2023". This is just... sad.
    Post edited by glasswords on
  • Options
    darathorn#5595 darathorn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same error here. Client Quit Unexpectedly. Opened a ticket with Arc support earlier today, they replied:

" (...) To increase visibility for the issue, or to see if other users found a workaround, we'd recommend posting about this issue on the official bug reports forum (...)"

Therefore, here I am.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Not that it helps us get logged in faster, but we can hope that they are working on getting the game back up and running as soon as it is feasible. Cryptic Studios is losing money while the game is down. Champions Online is still up and running but there are reports that this issue is also affecting Neverwinter.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    ehness#2215 ehness Member Posts: 1 New User
    Took a 13 year hiatus...only minor bugs the first few days(things that you would think would be fixed after 13 years, lol, like different dialogue playing over each other), and then last night the game started freezing over and over again. After uninstalling and reinstalling...can't even open the game through the client....guess this was a much shorter re-visit to the game than expected...bye!
  • Options
    sullen#0695 sullen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Had some crashes last night with my main character, now I get crashes every time. :s
  • Options
    scalperescalpere Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"coookiemonster#5062" said:
    > We're sorry! Someting has gone wrong.
    > Crash processing complete
    > you may close this window at any time.
    > incident id for customer service at support.argames.com
    > It keeps Crashing on my Main character

Same problem for me. When trying to load a new map in Underdark in my case. Looks like there is no 'i am stuck' to get it out of there before entering the game with my problematic character. Very nice... i can`t play my main now.
  • Options
    skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    Good Friday to Easter Monday without STO. Great.