test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• Options
    pcubed#3456 pcubed Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    230406 01:53:45 2 CrypticLauncher[1]: : GameclientLaunchFailure(code -1073741515 platform x64/ adminrelaunch false rundir "F:\\Games\\STO\\Star Trek Online_en\\Star Trek Online\\Live" commandline "\qF:/Games/STO/Star Trek Online_en/Star Trek Online/Live/x64/GameClient.exe\q -AuthTicketNew 30398232 2119009770 -Locale English - - -SuperEsc SetShardInfoString StarTrek_shardQcomma_name_QlparensHolodeckQrparensQcomma_category_QlparensLiveQrparensQcomma_version_QlparensSTQperiod280Qperiod20230313aQperiod8_QlparensSVN_288198QlparenshttpQcolonQfslashQfslashcodeQfslashsvnQfslashStarTrekQfslashBaselinesQfslashSTQperiod280Qperiod20230313aQperiod0Qlparensbranch_svn_Qequals_288483QrparensQrparens_Gimme_03122301Qcolon50Qcolon31QrparensQlparensQplusincrsQrparensQrparensQcomma_machine_QlparensBOS103CS01DQrparensQcomma_start_time_Qlparens2023Qdash04Qdash04_06Qcolon33Qcolon27QrparensQcomma_controllertracker_QlparenscriticalsystemsQrparens -server 208.95.186.82 -server 208.95.186.82 -server 208.95.186.236 -server 208.95.186.236 -server 208.95.184.23 -server 208.95.184.23 -server 208.95.184.113 -server 208.95.184.113 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.186.82 7422 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.186.82 7422 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.186.82 7001 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.186.82 7001 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.186.236 7422 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.186.236 7422 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.186.236 7001 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.186.236 7001 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.184.23 7001 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.184.23 7001 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.184.23 7422 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.184.23 7422 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.184.113 7422 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.184.113 7422 -?LoginServerShardIPAndPort Holodeck 208.95.184.113 7001 -?
  • Options
    duke204#4943 duke204 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ditto, Has there been a response yet how to fix it.
  • Options
    pcubed#3456 pcubed Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Open a support ticket too. Include the latest 2 logs from ...\Star Trek Online_en\logs. Let's get this fix so we can get some more campaign progress before the event ends.
  • Options
    stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I actually didn't get the patch the first time, but I got a couple of crashes in a row (I don't have the code because I had to copy the *BLEEPING* ARC defender code because the site forgets my computer/IP as soon as I log out). After a variety of steps including re-verifying, it finally started downloading that 2Gb mystery patch - which I cancelled.

Because it looks like the game is unstable before the patch but simply will not run afterward. I expect this thread to grow substantially overnight (or it's a weirdly targeted bug).

Edit: Nope, even without the patch I get the above message about the game client.

I guess I'm Dead In Space for the moment. Will keep an eye on the forums as I can.

Also Edit: Oddly I posted the crash code to Reddit so I was able to retrieve it: 50ec9c
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    gservo#8879 gservo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Im getting "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly", uninstalled reinstalled the game.
  • Options
    glasswordsglasswords Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    If you try launching the game directly, for me "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\x64", there are a few DLLs missing from the build. My guess is whomever packaged it up forgot a bunch of files.

I have tried both Arc and Steam and it was the same result.
    PhysXCooking_64.dll missing
    steam_api64.dll missing
    vivoxsdk.dll missing

Copied PhysXCooking_64.dll and steam_api64.dll from other games, but I cannot find vivoxsdk.dll.
    Until they fix their build, there will be no pew-pew.
  • Options
    philhodgsonphilhodgson Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    Since misery loves company, I just thought I'd add my name to the list of people having this issue.

Game was running perfectly (graphics-wise) - but was a little slow on loading.

I went to take my character to Nimbus to complete the daily, but the loading screen stopped at 46% then crashed. When I logged back in the character was inaccessible, as it didn't offer me the opportunity to reload in safe mode, and according to the game, the character is in the Nimbus system.

Only Nimbus Space was affected. I managed to complete the daily on Nimbus ground, on a separate toon I had previously left there.

Thinking it was a dodgy file I force-verified my game. It patched, and I now see that was a foolish thing to do, because I am getting the same message as every one else. Unable to start game: Client crashed unexpectedly.

This is definitely not my PC - the game was running fine on this half an hour ago. It is the patch that has messed it up, and now the game is unaccessible.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next patch.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    This. This right here is the sort of thing which will sunset this game. One step forward. Followed as fast as possible by two steps back. If I did my job (OTR truck driver) with the lack of attention to detail which occurs so often in this game, people would starve.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    richardewirichardewi Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    What about the glitches tfo "Bird Cage?" Since the update on 4/4, it hasn't worked properly once. It glitches near the start, when the Inquisitor is supposed to be hacking the prisons min computer. Any word on when this will be fixed? 4/11 is approaching fast.
  • Options
    solardynamosolardynamo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I just tried to play Illusion of Communication mission and it crashes to desktop (100% of the time) trying to load a file. I have that character stuck in that loop now.
  • Options
    valoshatnervaloshatner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    having this issue all day long, opened ticket also, let's hope for resolution soon
  • Options
    valenthalasvalenthalas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here, I've just been getting the same message for hours. Nothing seems to fix it, oh well.. maybe tomorrow
  • Options
    themesaoraclethemesaoracle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I come back to play after taking a 3 month hiatus since the Anniversary event to find this nonsense. I went thru the process of uninstalling and reinstalling twice before thinking this might be a global issue with the game and came to check the forums. Gearbox showing their quality work once more, Cryptic working just as hard right along side them.
  • Options
    britcanuck#5122 britcanuck Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Now got the same problem here too, after the most recent megapatch. Looks like a major problem that has spread over several days. Unfortunate timing, with one event ending tomorrow morning, and the First Contact Day and Academy events just starting. Maybe time to dial back the updates to once a week, perhaps, imo.

Was really looking forward to revisiting Raffi's cameo in 'One Night in Bozeman', too (a Raffi lookalike is one the villagers that Seven and your group need to rescue from the Borg and then use the MIB-ripoff-flashy-thing on her to preserve the timeline).
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    I'm relieved that I'm not the only one experiencing this, but disappointed that I can't log in...
    7y3oam6mo60h.png
  • Options
    damiendarko#5967 damiendarko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Having the same issue. Wondering if this might be due to them trying to do an "on-the-fly" fix for ship names not showing up.
  • Options
    jzsquaredjzsquared Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    It looks like they'll fix it tomorrow. Hopefully they extend the event for one more day.

ee5t2occ377f.png
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    The launcher forced me to download another 2gb+ patch - after the patch was completed I now get the message "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" when I try to press engage

I just got the same error after update.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Same here. Went through the steps until this forum thread started to show up. Guess I'll go blow up mechs and collect c-bills until this is fixed.

8tueeobbcdvd.png
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    same problem, so not just me. misery loves company =p off to genshin
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    Same problem here, I guess it is a good time to catch up on the event in ESO today.
  • Options
    merryjane#6904 merryjane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem here. Crashed a few times loading a mission, did the force re-check and as soon as it finished I was no longer able to even get into the game
  • Options
    ceakerceaker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    glasswords wrote: »
    If you try launching the game directly, for me "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\x64", there are a few DLLs missing from the build. My guess is whomever packaged it up forgot a bunch of files.

I have tried both Arc and Steam and it was the same result.
    PhysXCooking_64.dll missing
    steam_api64.dll missing
    vivoxsdk.dll missing

Copied PhysXCooking_64.dll and steam_api64.dll from other games, but I cannot find vivoxsdk.dll.
    Until they fix their build, there will be no pew-pew.

Interesting. I have Arc installation, why would I need dlls that appear to be from Steam? Did someone get the wrong platform in the wrong place on the patch servers?
  • Options
    startrekaeorrostartrekaeorro Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Add me to the list, same issue. Downloaded patch, now game won't start.
    “Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. ”― E. Rommelvn1d8jtiy2sg.jpg
  • Options
    shakesthecatshakesthecat Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Adding another player to the pile...ridiculously huge update..."Unable to start game client: Client quit unexpectedly". I would have expected this with tomorrow's update...but great job TRIBBLE everyone out of the final day of the event!
  • Options
    papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    +1
    sat through a large slow downloading update only to have it error out
    fwiw, this is the first big issue thats popped up for me in quite a while
  • Options
    enterprisecvn1enterprisecvn1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I got an email from them saying they had put in a fix. Well that fix is garbage as it is still doing the same thing.
  • Options
    autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I have the same issue
    I copied vivoxsdk.dll & the others from an old backup STO but that did nothing to fix it