test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

tamerlanekathultamerlanekathul Member Posts: 13 Arc User
The launcher forced me to download another 2gb+ patch - after the patch was completed I now get the message "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" when I try to press engage

Comments

• Options
    coookiemonster#5062 coookiemonster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    We're sorry! Someting has gone wrong.
    Crash processing complete
    you may close this window at any time.
    incident id for customer service at support.argames.com
    It keeps Crashing on my Main character
  • Options
    andarragh21andarragh21 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Getting the same thing. It seems to be trying to patch some type of file and crashes while that's going on.
  • Options
    illwynaillwyna Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    > @"coookiemonster#5062" said:
    > We're sorry! Someting has gone wrong.
    > Crash processing complete
    > you may close this window at any time.
    > incident id for customer service at support.argames.com
    > It keeps Crashing on my Main character

Same is happening to me out of the blue. I went into the patch options and turned off the "on demand patching" and turned on the "Force verify". Now Im downloading a new patch.
  • Options
    tamerlanekathultamerlanekathul Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I have tried verifying files, manually launching from the directory, using the proxy, etc.
  • Options
    husk10#9106 husk10 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    The launcher forced me to download another 2gb+ patch - after the patch was completed I now get the message "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" when I try to press engage

Same problem, game crashed when trying to go to ship bridge after it failed to load a patch. I turned on demand patching off and now the client crashes on start after it tried to patch 2+ GB. Just did a force verify and it patched 5.5 GB and crashes on start.
  • Options
    illwyna wrote: »
    > @coookiemonster#5062 said:
    > We're sorry! Someting has gone wrong.
    > Crash processing complete
    > you may close this window at any time.
    > incident id for customer service at support.argames.com
    > It keeps Crashing on my Main character

Same is happening to me out of the blue. I went into the patch options and turned off the "on demand patching" and turned on the "Force verify". Now Im downloading a new patch.

Just did that and client crashes after it patched 5.5 GB.
  • Options
    jzsquaredjzsquared Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem. I've verified twice, on demand patching is off. The game worked fine before the latest patch. Sent a ticket. All drivers are up to date.
  • Options
    illwynaillwyna Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    > @"husk10#9106" said:
    > Just did that and client crashes after it patched 5.5 GB.

Yeah, now Im getting "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly".
    Post edited by illwyna on
  • Options
    rjflyer7rjflyer7 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I also have this problem and error message. Tried to force verify twice. This was after the patch.
  • Options
    zixx#1779 zixx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same boat... I was playing, game crashed randomly when i tried to join a mission and i haven't been able to get on ever since. I verified, updated all drivers, ran as admin, restarted, nothing gets passed this wall. Also after verifying it does download some insane patch size 3+ GB of patch but nothing happens.
  • Options
    jono11#2973 jono11 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Unable to start game, client quit unexpectedly

Awesome final day of an event, very cool
  • Options
    racquerrracquerr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ditto that. Game won't start even after force-verification and system restart. Have the specific error screenshot: 7e2nobk1pw9i.jpg
  • Options
    zorel#5360 zorel Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I got a random patch(NOT Tuesday's weekly patch) before logging in and then this error kept popping up so whatever that patch was is the culprit
  • Options
    jono11#2973 jono11 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Same problem. I'm force-verifying now but it sounds like that won't work either.
  • Options
    captpricemancaptpriceman Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Same problem here too.
  • Options
    pcubed#3456 pcubed Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I am having the same issue too. It was working fine 2 hrs ago.
  • Options
    Something is borked with the patch server. The game is patching or trying to patch on every zone.
  • Options
    phoenixsayaphoenixsaya Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I got the same thing happening
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Same issue here. Logged out. Logged back in via ARC. 2GB patch which took 30+ minutes to d/l. and now getting the error described above.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    quentinstonequentinstone Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Yep, same TRIBBLE. Submitted a ticket, and am getting REALLY sick and tired of a game that apparently never gets out of Beta...oh, and by the way, the Arc launcher does absolutely NOTHING after downloading it. Just sits there, as useless as this game is right now. If I wasn't a lifetime subscriber, I would be DONE!

Also, I cannot log into either holodeck or tribble. Same stupid error message either way. FIX THIS PLEASE!

**UPDATE** Got a response to my ticket, basically "we know, we can't fix it yet, waiting on devs". See below:
    tl0pzq7axkl9.jpg
    Post edited by quentinstone on
  • Options
    rootbeer1288rootbeer1288 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same thing is happen to me, i even reinstalled an same thing still going.
  • Options
    warlockrcwarlockrc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm getting the same problem since about 5:44 PM Pacific today.
  • Options
    raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Same problem. ztaui41ij8dt.jpg
  • Options
    jamesbrycejamesbryce Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    avugcibhr39h.png
    Having the same issue after the game patched and I tried to log in
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I ended up with the same problem following a patch, hopefully this is resolved by morning otherwise I will miss the last day of the event that ends tomorrow and I will not be happy at all.
    What i am finding now is every time i start the client it wants to do yet another patch.
    AND the game client is having issues communicating with the patch server. I am also getting connection terminated with patch server then it comes back and exceptionally slow speed. Not sure how to fix this by tomorrow so i can get my last days credit on the event that ends tomorrow? Need some help from the Devs to fix this ASAP.
    I also sent in a support ticket so the notifications are covered on both sides.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    darthnovawavedarthnovawave Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Same issue here. Game crashed after drawing Miner Instabilities Advanced in a random queue. Tried restarting first the client then the whole computer, tried force verify the install, but started getting the massive patch like others have noted here. Timing seems similar to the other posts in this thread, so not clear if it is really a client side or server side issue.
  • Options
    amazingprotonamazingproton Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Been having this problem all day.... Tried coming back for the first time in years to play First Contact Day.... Haven't been able to get in since.. I managed to create a character and it CTD upon Map Load
    arigon3arigon3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    As all the above state, the game will not start due to the client unexpectedly shutting down.
    @arigon
  • Options
    stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    cbrsgqvqw2t3.png

This started a few hours ago. Removed patching, verified files, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still no luck in logging in...
  • Options
    mickster#5106 mickster Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    same thing happened to me tonight, signed on got my endevs done then started working on a newer character. Game crashed, relaunched, DLd a big patch and ... Unable to start game client.... sent in a ticket, we shall see