test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My thoughts on the 13th anniversary bundle

shadowmane20001shadowmane20001 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
First I want to say I do believe the Styx or Archon would have been a better choice to include over the mirror crossfield class, but I know not everyone has bought the 10th anniversary bundle. Personally I have the 10th, but I greatly prefer a 4/3 over the 4/2 weapon layout of the legendary crossfield.

Of this bundle, the Hestia/Hydra appealed to me greatly. The T6 Aquarius/Eagle was for me a must have. So that would have been a 60 dollar value just those two ships alone. Considering the sale value is just under 13,200 zen. A new nebula variant was a so so ship for me. That it is a Carrier, did make it desirable enough to buy. So that took it to 90 value. Considering the fluff they will add with it the Two T6 ship tokens for example (A 30 dollar value each) to me Made the bundle worth in the entirety.

For how much money you have to spend, I look first at the value of the ships I want, the Hydra and Eagle T6, (60 bucks) then factor in anything else in the pack, starting with the two t6 (1 t6 ship token after adding the styx) ship tokens, taking it to a $120 dollar value. add in an extra 12 for another three ships (four in this case) combined with the master keys, upgrade tokens and ship upgrades. 13,150 is a real deal.

Especially considering if you wanted the Styx you might need to spend an average of $120 for master keys to get it for just one character. If I have a chance to get a desirable (to me) lockbox/lobi ship as an account unlock, I will take it.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    In case you haven't heard yet, the Terran Styx has been added to the bundle since the initial announcement.

Not instead of the Crossfield, but as well as.
  • Options
    shadowmane20001shadowmane20001 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    In case you haven't heard yet, the Terran Styx has been added to the bundle since the initial announcement.

Not instead of the Crossfield, but as well as.

yes I know. Sorry I was not more clear.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    It's good value if you like most of the ships. I personally don't though, infact I only find the Hydra interesting (and only because the Prometheus is one of my favorites). In general I hate the Crossfield design, though if I ever DID decide to make a character that flew it the Terran version is the one I would want since it can be switched to Tactical mode ... but "oh I might want to use it for a theme character someday" isn't going to convince me to buy the bundle. The Nebula I might have been interested in if it had been a Science Destroyer, but since it's a Science Carrier I'll pass. I have the Legendary Galaxy-X and I'm happy with that skin, so the Sirius is of no interest to me (if they ever do a Ross-X though THAT would have me interested). I don't like raiders or torp boats, so the Aquarius would never get used if I owned it. And the Styx, while a nice addition, isn't something I've ever had any interest in owning either.

The EV suits would be nice, but I can't justify spending $130 for the one ship that I would actually use and some EV suits for my two Terran characters. I'm gonna pass on this bundle, but I'll probably grab the Hydra on it's own at some point.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    I think I'm gonna have to delay getting the responder bundle for it. But unfortunately its still gonna be MONTHS before I can get it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,918 Arc User
    There certainly are a few interesting traits and consoles in it.

The Monitor, with the ability to use drains AND have two sets of Valkyrie pets spam their torpedo attacks, for example.
    The Eagle console looks interesting too for my torpedo character. I had considered getting one of those old Aquariuses, now might be a good time to just get the T6 version of it.

Personally I don't care much for the Styx. It's a good ship, but I already have it on one of my more or less independent scientist toons. I'm not that interested in unlocking it for all characters. So I'll be checking out the bundle in-game to get a clear picture of what I want and determine whether I just want to get what I'm truly interested in - or getting the whole bundle.

Regardless, I doubt I'll be buying it tomorrow. 25% off seems a bit low of a discount. If I'm not mistaken, we've had bigger discounts even for packs this big. So I'll probably just wait for such a bigger discount.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

[6/12 9:59][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 24097 (13711) Physical Damage(Critical) to Elite Tactical Drone
  • Options
    It's good value if you like most of the ships. I personally don't though, infact I only find the Hydra interesting (and only because the Prometheus is one of my favorites). In general I hate the Crossfield design, though if I ever DID decide to make a character that flew it the Terran version is the one I would want since it can be switched to Tactical mode ... but "oh I might want to use it for a theme character someday" isn't going to convince me to buy the bundle. The Nebula I might have been interested in if it had been a Science Destroyer, but since it's a Science Carrier I'll pass. I have the Legendary Galaxy-X and I'm happy with that skin, so the Sirius is of no interest to me (if they ever do a Ross-X though THAT would have me interested). I don't like raiders or torp boats, so the Aquarius would never get used if I owned it. And the Styx, while a nice addition, isn't something I've ever had any interest in owning either.

The EV suits would be nice, but I can't justify spending $130 for the one ship that I would actually use and some EV suits for my two Terran characters. I'm gonna pass on this bundle, but I'll probably grab the Hydra on it's own at some point.

My only dislike for the Crossfield is that, when viewed from slightly above and behind (i.e., how you usually see the ship you're flying) it looks like it has a head that's too small for its body.

Viewed from the front or sides, I think it's a pretty good looking ship actually.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

[6/12 9:59][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 24097 (13711) Physical Damage(Critical) to Elite Tactical Drone
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,630 Arc User

My only dislike for the Crossfield is that, when viewed from slightly above and behind (i.e., how you usually see the ship you're flying) it looks like it has a head that's too small for its body.

Viewed from the front or sides, I think it's a pretty good looking ship actually.

Considering the original ship McQuarrie designed for Planet of Titans was actually the 23rd century equivalent of a warp delta with a saucer-shaped science lander on its nose that impression is not surprising. While the Crossfield is a bit disappointing with its turning the delta into just another secondary hull with too-wide struts to hang the ludicrously large warp nacelles on it is not too bad for a DSC ship (which tend to be run-of-the-mill and boring).
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    I think I'm in the camp of saving/waiting for the Legendary Akira/Valdore (presumably next month).

The Hydra and Eagle are probably the stars of the bundle that I'll end up picking up individually at some point - primarily for their consoles/traits. The Eagle will likely be a fun ship for several purposes(I confess I would much rather have had it in its Klingon counterpart though - the HoH'SuS). The passive of the Eagle's console wasn't in the blog, but if it makes it to release, it will be a "must have" for any torpedo build. I'm personally looking forward to pairing it with Ceaseless Momentum and the Romulan Rep Torp I already use on one of my builds.

While I actually use drain setups and Tachyon Beam on a number of my builds, I confess the Monitor's goodies don't quite seem to hit the mark/niches for those kinds of builds. I still think the best use case for Tachyon Beam right now is as a very powerful aoe shield heal via the Improved Tachyon Beam trait(basically a 20km diameter full shield heal for 20 allies every 20s with low investment). Using this new stuff in an offensive capacity would likely want synergy with the Sutherland/Advanced Research Vessel variants' trait, Tachyon Dispersal. In that situation, I still think a straight disable/power-drain build would be the better option - and would likely pair exceedingly well with the Hydra's experimental weapon(which loiters and then rams ships when their shields go down, regardless of why).

The console on the Sirius would pair very well with the T'pau's trait, Emergency Response Teams(deploys a powerful secondary shield and enhances your shield heals once your primary shields are depleted). Alternatively, it could be paired with the Khitomer Battlecruiser's trait to quickly get that 15% cat2 bonus damage. That said, they're pretty niche setups and difficult for newer players who missed the event ships. Probably fun for point-blank blast builds(delphic shockwaves, cascading charge particle burst, etc.) as well, but again falls into the niche category.

The rest of the bundle doesn't really compel me, personally. Neither the Styx nor Mirror Crossfield interest me, and I am so "fed up" with federation/terran ships at this point, that the bundle-exclusive skins are things I will gladly do without. Likewise, celebrity boffs and visual-vomit toys are not things that get me excited.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,545 Arc User
    It's great that you can get the basic versions of the 4 new ships in the C-Store if you want.
    Especially considering if you wanted the Styx you might need to spend an average of $120 for master keys to get it for just one character. If I have a chance to get a desirable (to me) lockbox/lobi ship as an account unlock, I will take it.

It's actually much more. Cryptic never tells us the odds, but all the testing over the last 10+ has pointed to 250 keys for a lock box ship, 100 promo packs for a promo pack ship.

This whole bundle is cheaper than than trying to get a single-character lockbox version. A good value by comparison just for the one ship.

I have so many ships already that I'm not rushing to buy this, but it's a pretty good bundle for Terran fans.

• Options
    missmel#5308 missmel Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    My first thought was where is anything for anyone who plays KDF, Rom, and Dom?
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I'm disappointed in the Nebula the seating is disappointing would have been better if the Lt. Sci and Ensign Engineering were switched and I'd have liked a secondary deflector and 4th forward weapons slot instead of 2 hanger bays. It may suit other players playstyle and 👍 for them, but it is not the right ship for me, so I'll stick with the existing FT6 version
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I am flatly annoyed they put the Aquarius/Eagle is only in a bundle? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Seriously who does that? I've been waiting for a tier 6 Aquarius and this is how it happens?!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    talonxv wrote: »
    I am flatly annoyed they put the Aquarius/Eagle is only in a bundle? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Seriously who does that? I've been waiting for a tier 6 Aquarius and this is how it happens?!

You can get it separately.
    Check 'new items' in the C-store.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator

Its going to be available separately as well. The only things you HAVE to get the bundle to get are the Crossfield and Styx.
    They're following the same pattern as last year's anniversary bundle. The non lockbox ships will be available separately as well, but to get the lockbox ships you gotta get the bundle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    I just want to say THANK YOU STO for releasing the Terran Styx separately as a Z store ship, even if its a limited time offer. I just plunked down $20 for it. Been playing casually EVERY YEAR since Winter 2010. Just this year I created my 10th account Captain. Ive been a frugal buyer all these years on ships, usually just wanting 1 Endgame final ship per toon. But past few years Ive been unable to resist, and have now made it my personal head canon every Elite captain has TWO primary ships listed in their Bio. One for standard Exploration service, and one docked at Mars for LETS GET NUTS WARTIME!
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Besides which, the T5 Fleet Aquarius required 4 Fleet Modules, a T5-U Upgrade to get an 11 Console Ship. That had to be bought from a Fleet Store as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,652 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Edit: deleted. That came out a bit snarky and had a draft I accidentally posted along with what I actually intented.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,652 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Its going to be available separately as well. The only things you HAVE to get the bundle to get are the Crossfield and Styx.
    They're following the same pattern as last year's anniversary bundle. The non lockbox ships will be available separately as well, but to get the lockbox ships you gotta get the bundle.

My FedRom I couldn't find the individual ships in the store or in the Shipyard on that character, but others I could find them in the Z-Store at least.
    I just want to say THANK YOU STO for releasing the Terran Styx separately as a Z store ship, even if its a limited time offer. I just plunked down $20 for it. Been playing casually EVERY YEAR since Winter 2010. Just this year I created my 10th account Captain. Ive been a frugal buyer all these years on ships, usually just wanting 1 Endgame final ship per toon. But past few years Ive been unable to resist, and have now made it my personal head canon every Elite captain has TWO primary ships listed in their Bio. One for standard Exploration service, and one docked at Mars for LETS GET NUTS WARTIME!

Did you mean one of the new Terran ships, as I don't think the Styx is available on its own?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Someone in another Thread that the Styx was in the Store for individual purchase for a limited time.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Someone in another Thread that the Styx was in the Store for individual purchase for a limited time.

I doubt that's true though, I was pretty fast to log on after maintenance and checked the store quickly after (also to answer a question because someone in another thread thought that the Aquarius raider required purchasing the full pack).

I never saw the Styx being sold separately.

Of course, it could be that there was some sort of glitch that only appeared for some people. Or it's just not true.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Time for a post-purchase comment:

I got the four 'regular' Terran ships. Still had two tokens from last Christmas gift coupons or whatever it was called.
    Also bought 4000 zen to get the remaining two ships.

I already had the Styx on one toon as noted above and wasn't interested in getting it on any other.
    The Crossfield's trait could have been interesting, except that I don't use attack patterns on my EPG characters (so it would never trigger on those toons) and although I do use a lot of control abilities nowadays, the 10% fire speed is far from impressive.
    Wasn't interested in the Boff (I almost never use Holo crew, it just seems odd to be walking around with a holo copy of a real person) and the 'consumable' stuff is something I always ignore when deciding whether to get a bundle or not. The suit wasn't that important to me, we hardly ever get to use EV suits anyway.

The Kit module might have convinced me to get the bundle, but Cryptic still being Cryptic, there were no stats for the item. So I had no idea whether it would be useful at all, and so I didn't care about it. I only care about the fact that I saved some money this time thanks to something that has mostly been an annoyance. Namely, the need to always consult external sources for even the most basic information - which wasn't possible this time. So that's nice.
    Take this as a hint guys: if you want people to buy something, it may be a good idea to give potential customers detailed information about all of the product's three unique selling points (Holo Boff, suit and kit module - not going to count the title)?

So yeah, although previous bundles had me thinking for a long time, this time it was easy to decide that I'd just get the ships I'm interested in (as I eventually ended up doing with the other Terran ships, btw).

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Anyway, the ships that I did get, are fun to play with. As I predicted, it's quite fun to use drains and then have two bays of Valkyries spam their torpedoes against shieldless enemies (not to mention my own). It's a bit disappointing that the Monitor misses a secondary deflector slot though, but that's really the only downside. The absence of Subsystem targeting doesn't matter that much, and the fact that it has a MW and Temporal seating means I can put a few more drain abilities on it and perhaps make those torpedoes even more powerful through WSS.

The Hydra's console is interesting. It has two clicky powers, and this means that I could drop the regular MVAE console, freeing up a console slot. The other clicky fires a phaser burst, which means that I'll probably use it on some other toons in the future as many of them use phasers nowadays. I wouldn't have thought that I'd like the blockish 'saucer' part but it actually looks nice, giving the ship a sturdier look. Since I already flew the regular T6 ship on one toon, most of these things (new console, additional ship tailor options) are nice bonuses that make a ship I already greatly enjoyed, even more fun to play with.

The Raider has to be my favourite ship in this pack. With its advanced battle cloak (integrated, so no consoles needed), high maneoevrability, highly versatile Boff layout and 5 forward weapon slots there are few things you can't do with it. I've tried it with cannons, I've switched to beams, liked both and I'm considering also using it as a torpedo boat. The possibilities are almost endless with this ship, and it looks great too.

I haven't flown the Sirius yet, and I shouldn't for a while given that I spent way to many hours flying the abovementioned ships and it's now almost 2 a.m. here. However, given that I did not yet own a Yamato, I can already tell that it's a good addition to my personal fleet.

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,627 Arc User
    I'm honestly over federation ships. there is nothing groundbreaking about any of them. I want a serious KDF or Rom science ship
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,414 Arc User
    I'm disappointed in the Nebula the seating is disappointing would have been better if the Lt. Sci and Ensign Engineering were switched and I'd have liked a secondary deflector and 4th forward weapons slot instead of 2 hanger bays. It may suit other players playstyle and 👍 for them, but it is not the right ship for me, so I'll stick with the existing FT6 version

While i would admit that having a Sec Deflector would have been the icing on the cake the Terran Nebula is nice to fly.
    Console is best deleted on sight though.
    Trait has not hit a sweet spot for me despite drain builds being a guilty pleasure.

Haven't had time to play/test any of the other ships, but the TN is nice.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    missmel#5308 missmel Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    > @annemarie30 said:
    > I'm honestly over federation ships. there is nothing groundbreaking about any of them. I want a serious KDF or Rom science ship

Yeah Rom have a few good ones, but KDF misses out on science
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    I'm honestly over Federation ships. there is nothing groundbreaking about any of them. I want a serious KDF or Rom science ship

Spoken like a true warrior!

Although I did buy the Hydra. Enjoyable ship to use. The Console does wondrous thing for hangar pets.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,414 Arc User
    I'm honestly over Federation ships. there is nothing groundbreaking about any of them. I want a serious KDF or Rom science ship

Although I did buy the Hydra. Enjoyable ship to use. The Console does wondrous thing for hangar pets.

Except that it is currently still bugged.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,188 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    questerius wrote: »

Except that it is currently still bugged.
    Got to love how the devs know the Swarmer Matrix has been broken for over a year and so they decided to copy the Swarmer Matrix and not bother to fix it. So now we have two broken carrier/pet consoles.
  • Options
    geniciagenicia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    I wish I could play the game to know if I like the ships or not because it's so damn laggy.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,627 Arc User
    genicia wrote: »
    I wish I could play the game to know if I like the ships or not because it's so damn laggy.

if you are laggy you need to take a hard look at your internet provider. since they got rid of that akami (I think that's the spelling) service, connection are good. good enough I can play on 5G
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.