test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

There should be a Legendary Lower Decks pack

mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
And I say this for two reasons:

1) The Cerritos/California class should not be locked behind box gambling. Whether you are a fan of the design or not, it's now the 'star' vessel of an established series... which puts it into the same discussion as other, similar ships like the Crossfield, Galaxy, Connie, etc. (And no, I am not arguing that the Cerritos is as iconic as the Enterprise A or D, or Voyager. But it's "made the cut" into this front-line short list).

2) You have the license and the model already designed. In terms of complexity, this makes the request significantly less of a reach than looking for a similar bundle for a vessel for which zero assets exist.

What's my iron in the fire? I like the design. That's it. I've never watched one episode of the show, but the vessel feels like a nifty hodgepodge of some older designs (Ambassador for the saucer; Connie/Excelsior for the nacelles; Galaxy for the deflector; Miranda for the layout). Basically, it stands in pretty good company in terms of inspiration, and I think we should see more of them.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    As interesting as that would be, Cryptic seems to be setting a precident of selecting classes that have multiple variants more and more. The California class has no variant designs. While the DSC Connie and Crossfield really didn't, if we look at the Legendaries that came since then... just about all of them had at least 2 or 3 variants on top of the unlocked Legendary skin.

While I agree that the California class is now a hero class thanks to Lower Decks, in game criteria doesn't quite line up with the other Legendaries that currently exist.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,780 Arc User
    Aside from the California Class, what else would it include?

Personally I would like a rolled up sleeved LD uniform variant aka the Mariner Uniform.
  • Options
    Personally I would rather see the rolled up sleeve variant made avaiable in the C-Store, just like how the open jacket is.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    mattingly1 wrote: »
    The Cerritos/California class should not be locked behind box gambling. Whether you are a fan of the design or not, it's now the 'star' vessel of an established series... which puts it into the same discussion as other, similar ships like the Crossfield, Galaxy, Connie, etc.

Many of the "hero ships" were lockbox or promo-ships long before they came to the C-store.
    I had to wait 10 years for C-Store Constitution and NX, and they were only available in a fairly expensive bundle (not that I'm complaining, hands down, 10th anniversary bundle was the best 200$ I've ever spent on this game).

• Options
    missmel#5308 missmel Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    > @paradox#7391 said:
    > Aside from the California Class, what else would it include?
    >
    > Personally I would like a rolled up sleeved LD uniform variant aka the Mariner Uniform.

We've got a lot of Lower Decks stuff in the Lobi... That would be enough... I'd like a Paklid Uniform and helmet too

But I'd love a MW Clumpship Juggernaut too
  • Options
    Many of the "hero ships" were lockbox or promo-ships long before they came to the C-store.
    I had to wait 10 years for C-Store Constitution and NX, and they were only available in a fairly expensive bundle (not that I'm complaining, hands down, 10th anniversary bundle was the best 200$ I've ever spent on this game).

To be fair, regarding the Constitution that was not by choice for a LONG time. CBS had veto'd an Endgame Connie for many years. First one we got was actually the Kelvin Connie, which meant the chances of an Endgame Connie had improved.

Technically speaking we still don't have a C-Store Connie other than the 10th Anniversary Bundle version.

Also... I've been around about that long myself so I know. Most of the time though I was content with my Vizier class Sovereign variant.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User

Personally I would like a rolled up sleeved LD uniform variant aka the Mariner Uniform.

Maybe some Boff's of characters from the series. A badgey doff would rock.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Non-combat Pet "The Dog"
    A Trait that replaces "Ramming Speed" with the new ability "Eject the Warp Core"

• Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    The Cerritos/California class should not be locked behind box gambling. Whether you are a fan of the design or not, it's now the 'star' vessel of an established series... which puts it into the same discussion as other, similar ships like the Crossfield, Galaxy, Connie, etc.

it's funny, I boutght the pack for the Defiant (nose art) TMP connie and the Discoprise. most of my toons are flying the Oddy and the intrepid
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    Non-combat Pet "The Dog"
    A Trait that replaces "Ramming Speed" with the new ability "Eject the Warp Core"
    Maybe add unforms from Vindicta holodeck program/"Crisis Point", that outfit Tendi wears in the episode is pretty nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I STILL want Dr. Crusher's Lab Coat. I mean even Dr. T'ana wears it!
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,806 Arc User
    Personally I'd like to see a legendary Alita and Prometheus first.

Those ships have existed for a longer time, both in the series and in the game.

Also, isn't the idea behind lower decks that they're not doing legendary stuff but making 'second contact' mostly?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    The Prometheus is more likely as she has multiple variants for cusomization, so she fits one criteria set by the Devs.
    Another is that she was prominent/showcased in an episode (if I recall their criteria correctly), so there's a second.

I shoud probably pick up a Prometheus some time. Don't have the T6. But right now I'm trying to work towards the Responder Pack, but might divert depending on the Anniversary. Either way will take me a while due to the state of the DL Exchange, but... as they say in Deep Rock Galactic "Good things come to those who wait. Like dual flamethrowers, and beer." ;)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

Also, isn't the idea behind lower decks that they're not doing legendary stuff but making 'second contact' mostly?

So just don't call it the Lower Decks Legendary Bundle - call it the Lower Decks Afterthought Bundle.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2023

Mission profile ≠ mission result. I've seen enough Youtube clips over the years to know that the Cerritos gets drawn into its fair share of adventures with galactic implications. Their 'day jobs' are benign, but frequently lead to dangerous or compelling encounters.

• Options
    Just because they're not the pride of the fleet doesn't mean they don't get into shenanigans like one.
  • Options

Mission profile ≠ mission result. I've seen enough Youtube clips over the years to know that the Cerritos gets drawn into its fair share of adventures with galactic implications. Their 'day jobs' are benign, but frequently lead to dangerous or compelling encounters.
    Any Federation Ship that has to deal with Q (John de Lancie) should be considered Legendary, Picard dealt with him more than once, Sisko punched him and he never showed up on DS9 again, He showed up on Voyager a couple of times and He seems to enjoy bugging the crew of the USS Cerrios.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User

So? Series is a series.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options

Ok that's a good point.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options

Ok that's a good point.

A prime example of this is Deep Space Nine. The station itself was an old Ore Processing Station. She wasn't designed to be a trade hub and major defensive starbase. Yet in the show, DS9 became just that after the Federation took over and discovered the wormhole.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

Ok that's a good point.

A prime example of this is Deep Space Nine. The station itself was an old Ore Processing Station. She wasn't designed to be a trade hub and major defensive starbase. Yet in the show, DS9 became just that after the Federation took over and discovered the wormhole.

Unfortunately, yes.

Would've been better if they had used a design like our fleet starbases for example. :)

• Options
    edited January 2023
    As interesting as that would be, Cryptic seems to be setting a precident of selecting classes that have multiple variants more and more. The California class has no variant designs. While the DSC Connie and Crossfield really didn't, if we look at the Legendaries that came since then... just about all of them had at least 2 or 3 variants on top of the unlocked Legendary skin.

While I agree that the California class is now a hero class thanks to Lower Decks, in game criteria doesn't quite line up with the other Legendaries that currently exist.

Couldn't the Texas class be used as a California class variant?
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,531 Arc User

Couldn't the Texas class be used as a California class variant?

Texas class? Neither the Lower Decks version nor the Starfleet Battles version look or function anything at all like California class. I doubt many players would believe that they are variants of the same base class.
  • Options
    The Texas class looks more like it was based on the Nova framework than the Cali.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Agreed.

I think it should be MW since most of the other special specs don't really suit the ship, and legendary ships generally get a different spec from the original version.

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,268 Arc User
    The Texas class looks more like it was based on the Nova framework than the Cali.

Isn't it even smaller then a Nova though, more akin to that scoutship Data piloted in Insurrection in size then so full sized starship.
  • Options
    From what little I saw of it, she was bigger than what in Star Trek Armada is called the Venture class.

She was smaller than a Cali, but still pretty big, especially if she's supposed to be packing Industrial Replicators for making prefab structures. So I'd wanna say at least the size of an Oberth at least. Also... there's a clip of the three ships attacking an ESD style starbase, and they're not specks. They're full size starships in their own right.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Texas_class
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,531 Arc User
    From the MSD that Rutherford is standing in front of it looks like it is at least twice the size of the Defiant class ships, and probably a bit more.
  • Options
    Kal Dano's ship was the size of a shuttle, yet very powerful.

Size (of starships) doesn't matter.

And sure, Kal was from the future - but they could always come up with some explanation how this 'Texas class' (looks nice btw) was used as a template in the far future to experiment with making ships bigger on the inside than on the outside or something like that.

If necessary. I mean, do we even need explanations anymore for why certain ships can be flown as if they're full starships? We all get to fly ships based on V'Ger soon.

• Options
    From the MSD that Rutherford is standing in front of it looks like it is at least twice the size of the Defiant class ships, and probably a bit more.

Oh and indeed. The Defiant has existed for a long time.

That ship already proved that ships can come in all different sizes without having much effect on how resilient or suited for combat they are. ;)

This discussion has been closed.