test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Universe Terrans as an option for Humans for the three Starfleet factions

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
Mirror Universe Terrans have been appearing in Star Trek from the TOS to Discovery. Players have been wanting to play Terrans, but that was turned down because it was considered an evil faction.

With the advent of an additional Klingon option in the KDF, Klingon (Discovery), there is a possible alternative to creating a new faction for Terrans. Humans for Starfleet, Starfleet (TOS), and Starfleet (Discovery) could be given Human (Terran) as an optional alternative.

Klingon (Discovery) characters are differentiated from Klingon (TNG) by using the Alien body scaling options. Human (Terran)s are the same as Human (Prime), but their upbringing is different. This is how the two can be diffentiated, by Traits.

Humans have Space: Hull Regeneration Bonus and Resistance to Subsystem Offline Duration & Ground: Increased Exploit Damage for Team.

Human (Terran) could have Space: Increased Exploit Damage for Team (they know where to hit to maximize damage in space combat) & having to deal with Agonizers and Agonizer Booths gives Human (Terran) characters a tolerance to control effects (such as reduced duration and/or it slows them down rather than outright stops them, game balance depending on the degree of it's effects).

There wouldn't be need to create a new tutorial, since the character would be using the Faction tutorial appropriate for the version of Starfleet they select. Players would be free to figure out how they came to the Prime Universe, whether their character's parents came from the MU or they were trapped in the Prime Universe and they've since acclimated or they are secretly working for 'the Other Side'.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Hate to say it but... technically you can do that already... if you have the Terran uniforms. At least cosmetically. But making them a "subspecies" for them is probably not gonna be an option.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    An easy way to include Terrans semi-officially would be to make a "Terran" trait that gives some sort of advantage at the cost of being disadvantaged in bright light and more vulnerable to flash attacks and add it to the 'human' chargen (and possibly other tabs for the rare hybrids). Then, if you have the trait active the character is "Terran Emprire" stock, if not then they are some other variant, like Prime.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    I'm gonna agree with my compatriot and say the best you're going to get here is cosplay. Plus, there are already Traits available in-game through the Terran Reputation, and Mirror Incursion and Emperor's Lockboxes that would allow to you to effectively make your 2409/TOS/DSC Federation character into a functional Terran.

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    An easy way to include Terrans semi-officially would be to make a "Terran" trait that gives some sort of advantage at the cost of being disadvantaged in bright light and more vulnerable to flash attacks and add it to the 'human' chargen (and possibly other tabs for the rare hybrids).

And give it an appropriate name, like "Terran Vision".

Oh, wait...

TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    If we ever get the option to make a Terran character, then who the hell do we end up playing as in "Red Shift" ???!!!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    If we ever get the option to make a Terran character, then who the hell do we end up playing as in "Red Shift" ???!!!

You're telling me...I made the mistake of playing that mission on one of the few 'Terran' characters I have...and let's just say trying to logic-puzzle chasing and cleaning up after myself is...headache-inducing at best.
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    trekthestarstrekthestars Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    I'd love for the option. Perhaps instead of a true faction, any DSC, 2409 or TOS Fed could choose to have a "transporter accident" that converts them into their Mirror version!

At the very least, I want these stances!

ckev0m9k4wrl.jpg
    Hey all my old posts are gone! :/

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Visually Discovery Klingons are distinct from TNG Klingons (I'm assuming they made the Discovery Klingons a different selection because they didn't want players making Discovery Klingons with the Fed Kingon unlock) Terrans are identical to Humans in every way...you can purchase various Terran uniforms. So I just don't see a reason why the game would need this.
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Visually Discovery Klingons are distinct from TNG Klingons (I'm assuming they made the Discovery Klingons a different selection because they didn't want players making Discovery Klingons with the Fed Kingon unlock) Terrans are identical to Humans in every way...you can purchase various Terran uniforms. So I just don't see a reason why the game would need this.

This would've been unnecessary. Honestly, I don't know why they made DSC Klingons a different selection, because they could've restricted those visual options to KDF Klingons the way they restricted the TOS Klingon options to KDF Klingons.

GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

What happens when a Prime Universe character is stuck in the Mirror Universe for a long time? If they survive, will they be the same as they were when they first arrived? Do they break, or do they bend?

Think of the movie "Us", where the main character was not who people thought she was and had switched places with her above ground counterpart.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Playing with your brightness settings can help roleplay a Terran, too.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options

What happens when a Prime Universe character is stuck in the Mirror Universe for a long time? If they survive, will they be the same as they were when they first arrived? Do they break, or do they bend?
    Think of the movie "Us", where the main character was not who people thought she was and had switched places with her above ground counterpart.

Oh wow, dude! Spoilers much? :anguished:

GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    lianthelia wrote: »

It was easier? I don't know why else they did it...I mean they have the same exact traits and all, only difference it visual looks...only other reason I can think of is because of tailor exploits? But people were able to do almost anything they wanted...so I don't know and I doubt the devs will tell.
This discussion has been closed.