test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ENDEAVOR RANK 600+ new endeavors

totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User

Some questions:

1. When will there be new endeavors to pursue? (I am close to 600 now)

2. Will the current ones be extended or will there be new ones?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    They'll probably just extend it again, but it would be nice if they'd add some new ones. Some ideas I have are:

1) Inertia
    2) Firing Arc (would probably need to be a small increase per perk point to avoid being OP, maybe 0.2 degree each? 0.5?)
    3) Energy Weapon Cost
    4) Energy weapon damage drop off over range

No ideas for ground, but I only waste points on that when I'm only given three ground options to choose from.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    can i ask why you need more anyway?
    Because it gives you a reason to do the endeavors
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    They'll probably just extend it again, but it would be nice if they'd add some new ones. Some ideas I have are:

1) Inertia
    2) Firing Arc (would probably need to be a small increase per perk point to avoid being OP, maybe 0.2 degree each? 0.5?)
    3) Energy Weapon Cost
    4) Energy weapon damage drop off over range

No ideas for ground, but I only waste points on that when I'm only given three ground options to choose from.

The Inertia one would be the most game changing one they could do... so... i dont think they will... and that is sad
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Endeavours is one of the best features the devs added. These are the ones I would love to see added

Hangar Pet Damage
    Hangar Pet Hitpoints
    Hangar Bay recharge bonus (little unsure about this one)
    Mine + Targetable torpedo flight speed
    Mine = Targetable torpedo hitpoints.
    Mine = Targetable torpedo resistance (little unsure about this one)

Expanding it is a really good idea. Would be a major mistake to end it now. Though I am not sure they should boost the current bonus's any higher. They should focus on filling the gabs like the carrier gap.

After adding in more endeavors adding in a new category of endeavors past hard would be a good idea. Epic endeavors based around team work could be a positive step in the right direction.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »

There were endeavours before we had cumulative rewards. Are the endeavour reward boxes themselves, not enough?
    Not at all enough.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I don't know... I've gotten lucky enough to almost get 1 mil ECs off of endeavors before.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options

There were endeavours before we had cumulative rewards. Are the endeavour reward boxes themselves, not enough?

I wouldn't (and didn't) do them for just the boxes, idk how many feel the same way though.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021

I wouldn't (and didn't) do them for just the boxes, idk how many feel the same way though.
    A fair amount feel like you do just like the many players who don't run TFO's for the end dill/mark reward. Many just ignore the boxes and leave then unopened. Others open them but don't run them for the box's its just a bonus but not enough reason to run endeavors. Which is why it would be a major mistake not to expand endeavors in some way.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Can we not? As is the system takes around 999 days to complete.

While I'm up in the 500s myself, there comes a point where it should just end.

Agreed.

The system shouldn't be expanded any further. It will only widen the gap between current / older players and newer / future ones, making it ever harder for the latter to catch up.

Besides that, we don't need more power creep.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Can we not? As is the system takes around 999 days to complete.

While I'm up in the 500s myself, there comes a point where it should just end.

Agreed.

The system shouldn't be expanded any further. It will only widen the gap between current / older players and newer / future ones, making it ever harder for the latter to catch up.

Besides that, we don't need more power creep.
    There are glaring gaps in the system that only benefit some core player builds and leave other core builds with very little. Filling in those gaps wont create more power creep if the devs choose wisely. Just bumping up extra levels will create bad power creep so the best solution is to fill in those gaps then end the system.

Its not a problem for new players as they don't need the entire system only the bits that compliment there own build. New players can skip the least important bits and focus on what works for them in a short reasonable timeframe. It doesn't take new players 1000+days to get what they need to catch up to older players.

The benefits of expanding the system in the correct way far outweigh any negatives. The one bit I do agree on is expanding the system by further adding extra ranks could backfire badly and shouldn't be done. There is a limit of how many extra ranks can be added and I think we are pretty much there after the last rank expansion.

EDIT: There is another option do what Eve Online does and make advanced ranks which offer a much smaller boost and take a while to do. That way the devs could add an extra 5 ranks say to crit chance but those 5 ranks would provide a much smaller boost then 5 of the older ranks that new players do. Not sure this is the best option but its an option that partly solves the new player situation. Personally I would be happy with no new ranks just filling in the gaps.
  • Options
    As I posted earlier... I don't see a need to expand at all. But if it is expanded... I agree that introducing all-new categories is a better option than adding levels to the existing categories (as was done last time).
    Not expanding it will have a negative effect on metrics and will cause many players to stop logging in daily and/or playing daily. Endeavors is one of the main features that keep a large group of players active in STO that otherwise would go less active or inactive. That's why I see a need to expand it but devs need to be very careful how they expand it. If they don't expand it there is a very high chance there will be a large daily active player drop off.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Muy Grande Legendario.

You can go outside and see what the sun looks like. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    You can go outside and see what the sun looks like. :)
    I get enough of that at work
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Honestly I feel like we need some new spec trees for lateral growth that doesn't add to the power creep.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Well... we also don't have a full ground spec to act as a counterpart to Pilot. Commando could probably be expanded upon.
This discussion has been closed.