test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Exchange Maxed Out

scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
Well, we've reached the top at 500 on the Dilithium Exchange. I'm glad there's a cap, if not who knows how high it would get.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I fretted about this for years but gave up long ago. Dilithium will never make a comeback. It would be too unpopular to do the things necessary - and if they did the game would die.

I won't trade dilithium for more than 300. It's an insult to the time spent getting it. So I just don't earn so much anymore and spend it as itself.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Without adding more value to dilithium there's no way around this. It has been completely ignored while they continuously add reasons to have more zen. The supply of dilithium itself isn't so relevant as people think, more the fact that you really can't do much with it.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Without adding more value to dilithium there's no way around this. It has been completely ignored while they continuously add reasons to have more zen. The supply of dilithium itself isn't so relevant as people think, more the fact that you really can't do much with it.

This right here, the only thing I ever use dilithium on is when gearing up a fresh level 65 alt, I spend some on Phoenix boxes to get upgrades and a bunch on fleet projects to get the fleet credits needed for fleet consoles, and then I have no need for dilithium on that character ever again.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    It was relatively stable until cryptic triple dipped on "special" packs which caused it to cap since then nothing has been done to reverse or lessen the impact of their greedonomic approach.

The only thing that was done was the phoenix boxes becoming an everyday item but without new items (such as the cosmetic shields which are buried under the chance of a chance gambleboxing) going into those tokens the incentive to burn dil is purely based on peer pressure that drives the "need" to upgrade gear since content certainly doesn't do anything to drive gear progression.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    At this point 500 or near is the new norm. Go into it expecting 500 and anything less will just be a pleasant surprise.

Also: that 8k dil you just earned today just earned you 16 cents of zen. Congrats! :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    We need a new dil sink!

2-3 more fleet holdings like the colony would be a good start.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    No more Holdings, especially of the T5 variety!!!
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    > @ltminns said:
    > No more Holdings, especially of 5he T5 variety!!!

Psst. I’m with you mate. I’m not taking any of this seriously anymore and just wanted to be the first idiot asking for sinks this time. Please don’t tell the others. :p
    animated.gif
  • Options
    We need a new dil sink!

2-3 more fleet holdings like the colony would be a good start.

Holdings are only a temporary solution, once the big fleets have them maxed out their impact on the dil exchange starts to fall way off. What they need are meaningful sinks that are always useful, the Phoenix box was a good start but they need a lot more of those kinds of things.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Neverwinter's Astral Diamond Exchange at max (750) for years. I've heard people complaining about waiting for months to get Zen. Problem there is that their Item Exchange is done exclusively in Astral Diamonds. There is no Item Exchange where you can use Gold.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    While Phoenix Boxes are always available, we still see an impact on the DL Exchange when an event starts. Probably because most people actually forget they exist outside the events.

But we do need something to balance the Exchange. Holdings, while effective, are only temporary. And as mentioned already, once the big fleets finish theirs... we start creeping up again.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    > @rattler2 said:
    > But we do need something to balance the Exchange. Holdings, while effective, are only temporary. And as mentioned already, once the big fleets finish theirs... we start creeping up again.

Similar with the EC Inflation „we do need something“ for the current dil to zen ratio is a product of your wishful thinking and not a problem cryptic apparently needs to address.

They have their numbers and from what I can see (just look at their packs and obscene prices) they do splendid.

I suggest you better get some zen for your dil now before they simply increase the cap to 750. ;)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
  • Options
    flatulencius#6400 flatulencius Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Perhaps if they made lockbox keys purchasable with dil instead of zen it could provide a consistent drain that may not lose impact like phoenix has.
  • Options
    Perhaps if they made lockbox keys purchasable with dil instead of zen

That will NEVER happen, ever. Infact you're more likely to see the Millennium Falcon added to the game (which will also never happen) than lockbox keys being moved to the Dilithium store.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    Perhaps if they made lockbox keys purchasable with dil instead of zen

That will NEVER happen, ever. Infact you're more likely to see the Millennium Falcon added to the game (which will also never happen) than lockbox keys being moved to the Dilithium store.

With Kurtzman copying Star Wars as much as he can get away with I wouldn't count the Millennium Falcon out entirely, though it would probably be 25% different.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Perhaps if they made lockbox keys purchasable with dil instead of zen it could provide a consistent drain that may not lose impact like phoenix has.

Not gonna happen because that is a source of income that keeps the game running.
    With Kurtzman copying Star Wars as much as he can get away with I wouldn't count the Millennium Falcon out entirely, though it would probably be 25% different.

You know the Falcon was at Earth fighting the Borg right? ;) ILM slipped her in as a background ship as a bit of an easter egg.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Not gonna happen because that is a source of income that keeps the game running.

You know the Falcon was at Earth fighting the Borg right? ;) ILM slipped her in as a background ship as a bit of an easter egg.

True, the various sci-fi shows do nods to each other like that quite a bit. Duranium (as duralloy) in Star Wars was borrowed from Star Trek for instance, several ships and shuttles in Firefly came from Star Wars, and the Firefly itself was on a landing stage in the background in one of the Coruscant scenes in Star Wars, along with many other Easter eggs, oblique references, and whatnot in various shows.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    At this point, there is no such thing as a Dil sink...

Those players who grind Dil specifically to convert to Zen will never invest in any other Dil sink. Those who do not grind Dil for Zen don't grind Dil...

At this stage of the game, the devs have dug themselves a hole... The ONLY thing Dil is good for is converting to Zen...

They did the same thing to Neverwinter... In NW, it takes over a MONTH to convert to Zen...

CM

p.s. for the love of everything Holy in the world, NO MORE FLEET HOLDINGS...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    Neverwinter occasionally sells a specific Lockbox that requires no keys for Astral Diamonds (Dilithium) so Cryptic has done it.

Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'm surprised it took this long to finally max out consistently.

I see no reason why it would ever drop out of the 495-500:1 range ever again. Cryptic could probably do some things to fix it.. but why would they? Things are the way they are by design.

If you are someone that buys C-Store items by converting Dilithium to Zen.. enjoy the grind or spend money.. either option is fine with Cryptic.

If you use the Dilithium exchange to convert to EC using Keys.. nothing is any different. Yeah, the rate went up, but instead of getting 4M per key you now get 10M so that balances out.

This is the new norm people.. the best thing to do is accept it and get used to it. There is honestly no point in suggesting ways to fix it because the people you're suggesting it to have absolutely no interest in fixing it whatsoever.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    There is honestly no point in suggesting ways to fix it because the people you're suggesting it to have absolutely no interest in fixing it whatsoever.

Absolutely right. 500:1 is good for Cryptic.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    There is honestly no point in suggesting ways to fix it because the people you're suggesting it to have absolutely no interest in fixing it whatsoever.

Absolutely right. 500:1 is good for Cryptic.

Actually that's the worst number for Cryptic. This is the problem people don't understand. Dilithium and Zen are interchangable. If there were actually things to do with dilithium, like buying keys or something equally desirable, it would raise the demand for dilithium, which means those people who want more dilithium have to spend more zen on it.

500:1 means there's little demand for dilithium. That also means very few people want to spend zen on it. If it was down to 250:1, you'd need to buy twice as much zen to get the same amount of dil. If dil was actually wanted, that's better for Cryptic as more would be willing to buy zen to get dil.

Think about the established players in an established fleet. What do they need dil for? They don't.

Why are people buying dil at all right now? New recruits end up having 1m+ dilithium after leveling them and getting their reputations done. Maybe you'd use say 600k buying rep gear and Phoenix upgrade kits. Then what do you do with the rest of that dil, and everything you earn from then on? You can chase gold on all your gear, sure. You can flesh out your admiralty roster with low level ships, but if you're established you probably don't need them. That's about it.
  • Options
    > @foxrockssocks said:
    > Actually that's the worst number for Cryptic.

Not if they prefer you spend real money to buy ships. And that is the main thing the want, so it trumps any lost income from people supposedly buying zen just to trade for dil. Selling ships is their business, and they want you buying them with cash, not trading dil for zen to get them.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.