What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Exchange Maxed Out

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The mere announcement of this sale was enough to jump start the DilEx again. And it will help again the next time they run it - if they run it again - because there will be those that weren't around and/or couldn't afford to buy even one shield during this week.
    As for the prices, as long as they continue to sell T6 ships for the usual 3k... who cares? Bundles have always been pricey and with the Mudd's Market being the way it is, it's no surprise when they continue to be pricey - or become even more so.

I seriously do not understand the need to complain about EVERYTHING just for the sake of complaining.
    Again: I'm the first in line when it comes to critizing them when they do TRIBBLE things, but in this case I have no complaint whatsoever. On the contrary, they acted quickly and with something that many will be able to enjoy.

Instead of crying "doom", how about we give them time and see what they're planning to do moving forward, uhm?
    Because actions speaks louder than words, that's true... but you cannot judge something that hasn't even happened yet. This society is TRIBBLE enough without advocating to move into a Minority Report sort of life.

Well said, agreed on all points.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Well, we've reached the top at 500 on the Dilithium Exchange. I'm glad there's a cap, if not who knows how high it would get.

Indeed. Now see, for me, this is a very good thing because I only buy dilithium as it's needed. The more I can acquire for each coin I spend is a surplus that's sought after.

Thank you, one and all, for creating posts like these to inform the masses. I would have found out anyways because I'd already planned on buying the recently released, so-called "Vanity Shields".
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    The mere announcement of this sale was enough to jump start the DilEx again. And it will help again the next time they run it - if they run it again - because there will be those that weren't around and/or couldn't afford to buy even one shield during this week.
    As for the prices, as long as they continue to sell T6 ships for the usual 3k... who cares? Bundles have always been pricey and with the Mudd's Market being the way it is, it's no surprise when they continue to be pricey - or become even more so.

I seriously do not understand the need to complain about EVERYTHING just for the sake of complaining.
    Again: I'm the first in line when it comes to critizing them when they do TRIBBLE things, but in this case I have no complaint whatsoever. On the contrary, they acted quickly and with something that many will be able to enjoy.

Instead of crying "doom", how about we give them time and see what they're planning to do moving forward, uhm?
    Because actions speaks louder than words, that's true... but you cannot judge something that hasn't even happened yet. This society is TRIBBLE enough without advocating to move into a Minority Report sort of life.

I fully agree with you too.

Unfortunately we do have people who follow something I've been saying for years now.

Cryptic does something, people complain.
    Cryptic doesn't do something, people complain.
    Cryptic EXISTS, people complain.

db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Unfortunately we do have people who follow something I've been saying for years now.

Cryptic does something, people complain.
    Cryptic doesn't do something, people complain.
    Cryptic EXISTS, people complain.

Yep, there are absolutely nuts on both sides. Some people complain about everything, and some people defend everything. Neither are good for games or forums in general.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

The Dilithium Exchange doesn't have rates from 1-500 available all the time as an open market determined by the players. It shows a sliver of available exchange rates, for example: 493-500 probably for stability & control reasons.

That's not "stability and control"... it's an automatic currency exchange.... and that's how it displays the queue of people wishing to make an exchange and the price they are willing to pay in the other currency. The amounts close to the currently operative exchange rate are those that are early in the queue to be processed, if someone makes an offer in the other direction that the system will match up with it.

There very well might be offers for, say, 400, they're just not being displayed because they're way way down in the queue.

Of course currently I'm thankful for Cryptic's current system since it's allowing me to move around my dilithium to be able to buy some or all of the shields. lol
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11490363-the-sale-of-the-summer!

So a second major sale, shortly after a dilithium bonus 'event', and the vanity shields are apparently account-wide unlocks, why is it that the only expected outcome will be a raised cap with instantly maxed 750 dil/ex?

edit: seems vanity shields may still be character bound after opening the account-wide box, according to one reddit user. Can't trust anything anymore between the endless typos, omissions, and misleading stuff.

account wide to move it to a toon of your choice, then toon locked once opened. and you cant sell it on the exchange.

Account-bound fully it seems, so I still think their goal is 750 dil-ex, consistent with jacking up the prices of everything gradually, without (IMO) actually giving a game experience worth any of it.

To me it seems they have been dropping the prices of the hero ships like the TOS Constitution: Instead of $200 for 1 single-character promo pack version, you can now spend $200 to get the account-unlocked Legendary version along with 9 other Legendary ships. Or you can get that promo pack version FREE through the 5-event campaign.

Also offering a promo pack ship here and there for lobi, and with other ships in the Mudd's choice packs.

You can argue that there are fewer $30 C-Store ships being released, but we did just get two of them.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2021
    As I said in another thread on the Topic...

On Page 1 of this thread, if they ever expand Fleet Tier 3 Holdings out to 4 (even if they don't) to include 3 of each type of Endeavors (that pop a bit more often) to encourage more people donate DIL to Fleet Projects &/or Buy Fleet Gear with DIL; or an alternative separate one to spent in DIL Store; perhaps even spend GPL/DIL with my new Ferengi Business Woman if she starts.... :)

500full.jpg
    Andrea Martin, the actress and comedienne, plays Moogie, Quark and Rom's Ferengi society defying mother, in the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" episode "Family Business".

Still I think it be nice to see a Ferengi inspired by the Lady above which I also showed on Page 2 (in my first post) to be a new NPC at Drozana. We have her currency GPL & DIL already and between the two pages linked above I've offered a several idea's for her to sell; some also based from suggestions as others as I've identified in other posts.

That doesn't include any retired T5 Lockbox/Lobi ships either, though some may also go to Phoenix, and others to Mudd as well.

Might be fun to see a Comedic approach given to the Ferengi who was inspired by her as well. She say things with a Female perspective, on the Rules of Acquision, how she remembers her mother explaining Females use to not wear cloths, and maybe even do things different!

By helping slowly fixing or slowly improve Drozana, shown on Page 10 of this thread!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    People complain about the complainers.
    People complain about the people complaining about the complainers.
    People complain about the people complaining about the people complaining about the complainers...

'The key word in your entire peroration, Mister Spock, was'.. complain.

What have we learned?

Complaining is the normal course on the Interweb.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    ltminns wrote: »
    People complain about the complainers.
    People complain about the people complaining about the complainers.
    People complain about the people complaining about the people complaining about the complainers...

'The key word in your entire peroration, Mister Spock, was'.. complain.

What have we learned?

Complaining is the normal course on the Interweb.

You sir, doth protest too much! 8p

I think they need to stick some of this stuff in an in game RP oriented cycle. Like a used card salesmen of old ships. If it's stable it's easier to build an economy around. Then build more things in the economy tobalance that out and have the dil have the capacity to sway by hundreds not just 10's.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    As much as a new Fleet Holding would bring us an option for more new gear *cough*Gamma Quad lab*cough* you'd have people up in arms over it now. And besides... its only a band-aid solution as the second the big fleets finish theirs... demand for DL drops. Hell... I wouldn't be surprised if some of the big fleets had stockpiles of DL just for new holdings.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I knew this would happen again and lol I am at maxed unrefined DIL and about to reach that in refined. and I am still not spending any until it goes at least to 240.
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    It's the constant sales that have driven the dil-ex up and capped it out as the sales have created a demand for Zen. Dil sinks, new fleet holding will do jack if the sale cycles continue and the demand for Zen remains.

How many of you in fleets now have trouble filling up the current projects that require dil?
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    As much as a new Fleet Holding would bring us an option for more new gear *cough*Gamma Quad lab*cough* you'd have people up in arms over it now.
    It would be nice if whatever measures are taken apply equally to all versus a $1700 plus usd tax on a very select group of people that the Colony holding brought us.
    And besides... its only a band-aid solution as the second the big fleets finish theirs... demand for DL drops. Hell... I wouldn't be surprised if some of the big fleets had stockpiles of DL just for new holdings.
    "Stockpiles of DL" does a nice job of painting "those people" as somehow affluent or space rich.

They are dreaming if they think they can pull off another Colony type holding at this point. That ship has sailed. Many big fleets are currently big in name and roster only but have very few active players. I doubt a chance to spend DL would get their active players back.

I think peeps may have to make do with higher average DL to Zen ratios without subsidies like a Fleet tax.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    As much as a new Fleet Holding would bring us an option for more new gear *cough*Gamma Quad lab*cough* you'd have people up in arms over it now.
    It would be nice if whatever measures are taken apply equally to all versus a $1700 plus usd tax on a very select group of people that the Colony holding brought us.
    And besides... its only a band-aid solution as the second the big fleets finish theirs... demand for DL drops. Hell... I wouldn't be surprised if some of the big fleets had stockpiles of DL just for new holdings.
    "Stockpiles of DL" does a nice job of painting "those people" as somehow affluent or space rich.

They are dreaming if they think they can pull off another Colony type holding at this point. That ship has sailed. Many big fleets are currently big in name and roster only but have very few active players. I doubt a chance to spend DL would get their active players back.

I think peeps may have to make do with higher average DL to Zen ratios without subsidies like a Fleet tax.
    protoneous wrote: »
    They are dreaming if they think they can pull off another Colony type holding at this point.
    I don't think anyone said it had to be Colony sized.
    The person I quoted and was responding to didn't specify. A fleet tax is still a fleet tax no matter how you size it. Hopefully another methodology can be found to adjust the DL to Zen ratio that applies to all players, not just a select few. Fleets shouldn't have to subsidize the DL exchange.
This discussion has been closed.