test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will we see more Recruits making a return?

2»

Comments

• Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > I wonder if CBS would frown on them actually doing a TOS Klingon or even TOS Romulan event nowadays. It would not fit their new 'prime' universe style at all and I don't think CBS would be too happy about that even if they decide to abandon any era with pre-existing Trek like they did with DSC (and a lesser degree with PIC).

Yeah, it all comes down to continuity. The old school TOS vibe isn't consistent with the new interpretation of the 23rd century. The AoY opener was a lot of fun and there were some nice touches, right down to the grainy quality of the picture. Looking back CBS wasn't pushing a new Trek IP so they were probably supportive of resting on the laurels and collecting a cheque with proceeds connected to the 50th anniversary.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    I wonder if CBS would frown on them actually doing a TOS Klingon or even TOS Romulan event nowadays. It would not fit their new 'prime' universe style at all and I don't think CBS would be too happy about that even if they decide to abandon any era with pre-existing Trek like they did with DSC (and a lesser degree with PIC).
    CBS doesn't care.

Cryptic has even mentioned CBS doesn't make them do anything, and is generally ok with whatever they do. Outside of a few specific things like letting people change weapon visuals for whatever reason.

That weapon visual thing is especially weird if it is indeed CBS stepping in on it since few of the weapon visuals in the game are that accurate. Take polaron for example, ingame the base color is pink but in DS9 they are an off-color sort of tealish blue.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Just jumping in to answer the OP: Yes, we will! Delta is the first, but our EP really wants to use Recruitment events more than the one time, ever. :) We should see the others coming back later this year, unless something changes.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Just jumping in to answer the OP: Yes, we will! Delta is the first, but our EP really wants to use Recruitment events more than the one time, ever. :) We should see the others coming back later this year, unless something changes.

e6e1b419d9974615041f2d236a6893289cf1a69e.gifv
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.