What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    marrok: definitely macaroni salad, then​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    Other Universe Nick: *replicates coleslaw*

Nick: bring some of that over here, smells like KFC coleslaw... Can we get some KFC crispy chicken too? I would love to smell some of that.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    marrok: *replicates an entire family-sized salad bowl full of macaroni salad, then takes it over to a fallen log along with a spoon, grabs a seat and starts digging in*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Janri: I don't like it... *In a moment the area starts to become foggy, the fog thick enough to obscure everything past around 10 meters from view. They can make out the outline of buildings and the environment but everything is of course, foggy. The fog feels unnatural to Valen, a darkness creeping around them*

Alessa: I patched up your wounds. Were you truly here with me it would've been much more difficult. The flauros, the box you gave me is meant to capture demons, but Mother used it to enhance my abilities. I did the only thing I could to fight back against them... but our time together will not last much longer. She'll wake soon.

Kinkoshi: Klingons have used something similar in the past, though we don't have the same beans you do.

Seventeen: Maybe I should've brought a romulan dish for everyone.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    valendria: *she looks around keeping her calm.* did this happen when you lived here? this fog isnt natural at all....

lythe: hmm so you're self aware? you know you are in a dream? interesting.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Janri: No... even when we got fog it wasn't like this... its giving me goosebumps.

*it sounds like something is moving out in the fog, and it doesn't sound humanlike*

Alessa: Perks of my abilities. Even in this dream I still retain some of them. And carrying a God in my body helps amplify them. I suspected before that something was off... but I wasn't completely aware until after the ritual finished. For even a dream to carry such power... is frightening. I suspect we may meet again... though my memories of this will fade, after all my existence is fleeting. *she waves to Lythe as everything begins to darken, Nexa beginning to wake up* Take care of her please...? We have gone through such suffering... each of us. I hope she'll be the last...
  • Options
    Nick: maybe. I do like Romulan oysters... They must smell amazing like this.

Donovan: figured as much. *Starts to eat the targ heart* so..
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    valendria: what the hell.... *she says unholstering her bolt pistol*

lythe: *nods* i will do what i can for her.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Janri: Val, whats going on? *she pulls out her modified disruptor pistol, looking around. Out of fog walks a humanoid creature, its completely naked but its entire body looks like its been wrapped in a second layer of skin, the outline of its arms and face underneath the skin. It has a single opening on its chest and it stumbles awkwardly, pumping and stretching the hole with an unholy sound before coughing and spewing forth a black cloud of smoke towards them. Even with Val's attributes the smoke is choking, ruinous. Janri is even more vulnerable and begins to cough hard, blood leaking from her nose and mouth*

*With Nexa awake Lythe sees the room they were in once more. Nexa is curled up in the fetal position, her head resting on Lythe's lap still. Nexa appears to be in shock, tears streaming down her cheeks as she shakes*

Nexa: the fire... I can still feel it... the burning... it won't go away...

Seventeen: While I do get to enjoy romulan food all the time on my ship, I'm sure many hear haven't had it often.

Kinkoshi: What? *she raises an eyebrow*
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Jadzia: I brought over some human dishes too Sev. *smiles*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Nick: what did you bring jadzia?

Donovan: not sure what else to talk about.
  • Options
    valendria: *coughs and aims her bold pistol at the creature firing at it.*

lythe: *looks down sighing.* .... im sorry.... there isnt anything i can do.....
  • Options
    *The creature is knocked back by the impact, falling over. It continues to belch out its smoke, but as Janri fires at it repeatedly, it finally dies, letting out a shriek and ceasing its movements*

Janri: Gah, it feels like my lungs are on fire...

Nexa: Just... hold me... please... *she keeps shivering rubbing her eyes and occasionally letting out a small yell of pain and terror. The seal on her back is glowing brighter than ever, giving off a warmth. It starts to dim, its hold on Nexa weakening more and more. Its likely it won't be longer before it gives in, allowing her full access to her memories*

(If they've run out of things to talk about we can just leave them there for a while)
  • Options
    valendria: ive never seen anything like it before..... what tge gell is this place.... *she says looking around for anymore monsters.*

lythe: *gently hugs her trying to calm her down.*
  • Options
    Janri: I was expecting to deal with people... other Orions, maybe humans and such... not... abominations. *they can hear other sounds in the distance. Some seem to be getting closer, attracted by the gunfire, though many are just wandering aimlessly.*

*Slowly Nexa begins to relax, her tears fading away into sniffles as she rests her head against Lythe, keeping her eyes closed until finally she's regained most of her composure. She still shakes every once in a while, but for the most part she's in control of herself*

Nexa: I'm... sorry about that Lythe. That dream... those memories. It was too much for me. I could barely handle all that pain. I'm... doing better now. Thank you... for being here for me.
  • Options
    valendria: *looks around with a somber expression.* we should go..... i cant protect you... or myself against these thing when i can barely see 10 feet in front of me..... *she sounds defeated already by her body language and tone.* all i have going for me is slightly above average strength and some regeneration other then that im just a normal human... im no match for these things.....

lythe: no im sorry... i should have waited until you were ready to withstand it..... this was a horrible idea.
  • Options
    Jadzia: I was actually referring to bringing some human dishes over to Sev's ship. I... coming here was actually a spur of the moment idea.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Nick: damn, I really wanted to see how KFC crispy chicken... Tastes. From a replicator. *Blinks tiredly, looking at his burger than over to Gaia*

Donovan: what kind of weapons do you use?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Janri: What are you talking about? Valen... you're a warrior. I can tell. You're strong. You make me feel safe while I'm around you. You took down that monster, I believe in you. I'm sure you can get us through this. And I'll be with you every step of the way. *she holds Valen's shoulders while she gives the pep talk*

Nexa: Lythe, look at me. There's no way you could've known what was going to happen in my memories. I didn't even know. There's no way we could've prepared for this okay? Don't be too hard on yourself. Even if... even if I'm feeling the trauma... I'm glad I've learned more about myself. *her voice cracks a little as she forces herself to sound more confident despite the things she's feeling but she doesn't want Lythe to blame herself for this so she keeps up her facade, hugging Lythe tight*

Kinkoshi: Well the majority of FTL civilizations around her primarily use energy weapons. Klingons like me tend to favor disruptors though personally I'm using some modified antiproton weapons. Klingons however have a looove for melee combat. We have many different bladed weapons from Bat'lehs, to Mek'leths. They're not very much like the swords you've probably seen on earth.
  • Options
    Gaia: *elbows Nick lightly before shaking her head*
    Jadzia: *tilts her head in thought*
  • Options
    Nick: *looks at Gaia, nodding his head, resuming eating his burger*

Donovan: interesting. What do they look like?
  • Options
    Valendria: i shot it with a bolter you’re the one that killed it.... how many do you think are out there? and theres probably much worse ones... i really dont like our odds here....

lythe: i can see thru you like a book. i can tell theres more you're not telling me nexa.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Janri: Your bolter knocked it down in a single shot, thats more than my disruptor could probably do. *she kisses Val's cheek* I'll believe in your enough for the both of us. I know you can do this. *she has a similar method of cheerleading as Nexa does, would definitely explain where Nexa picked that up*

*It sounds like something is getting close again*

Nexa: Listen, I... its just... what they did to her... not just the fire. You know I felt that. But I felt... the other thing too. That evil... that abomination growing inside of her... That's... thats what they want to do to me isn't it? *she looks down towards their chests, just averting her gaze in any way she can*

Kinkoshi: Here I'll draw one for you. *she uses a piece of food and a napkin to make a surprisingly accurate drawing of a Bat'leh*
  • Options
    valendria: *holds her bolt pistol towards the sound. it looks like the pressure is starting to get to her.* i am not equipped for this!

lythe: yes... for the most part. i just hope valendria can pull thru... even with her mind as broken as it is.
  • Options
    Janri: Neither am I! But I think we'll pull through!

*a creature crawls out on all fours, its body is strangely sexual, having perfect curves and chest, but its skin appears to be layered sections of flesh, with dimples where each layer connects to the other. Its face is taken up by a large set of lips with all other features missing. One of its hands has been replaced with a long blade and it uses the wrist to move around. It makes a strange squeal as it notices them, starting to flush forward surprisingly quickly*

Nexa: I believe in her. And you. *she starts to relax a little more, closing her eyes and resting* Even though I'm afraid of that happening to me... I trust both of you. I'm sure it won't.
  • Options
    valendria: i... uuuh why is it.. *clears her throat.* what is that thing!

lythe: you've been thru enough pain, both you and the other girls..... i wont let any of them touch you.
  • Options
    Janri: I don't know! *she squeaks as it pounces on her pinning her down, it keeps its bladed hand near her head while its other hand begins to tear at her clothes*

Nexa: Thank you... *she gives Lythe a gentle squeeze* Are you going to be okay? I know you're worried about me right now... but someone has to worry about you. *she gives a soft smile, through the pain*
  • Options
    valendria: *looks like she was about to kick it off of janri then notices how close its blade hand is to her head and stops.* oh sh*t..... um... can you get it off of you?

lythe: you neednt worry about me, my mind and body have been hardened to withstand horrors that would make lesser people go insane. *nexa can see and feel a drop of something on her chest, if she looks up she would notice lythe's nose has been bleeding the whole time.*
  • Options
    Janri: I D-don't know. *she gulps looking over at the sharp blade so close to her before blushing as the creature squeals. Janri tries to push it off gently, but it simply holds her down harder, making annoyed grunts*

Nexa: Lythe? *she looks up at her nose and seems a bit concerned* Your nose is bleeding! Should I get a meditation? Or is it not that bad?
  • Options
    valendria: oh... wow... ok... um soooo are you ok down there?

lythe: its nothing, just a side effect of the damage my avatar took in your dream.... tho a cloth or tissue would be nice.