test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Kayla: Now I'm starting to question if I ever taught you manners... *deadpan, dangerous tone Marrok would recognize*

Gaia: Thanks.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    Other Universe Nick: yeah. Wasn't pretty. We got through it though. Same as you.

Nick: you're welcome. *He smiles* this is pretty great.

Briana: if it's making you feel better I guess it's okay.

Donovan: brahmin a two headed cow, radstag a two headed deer, deathclaw a large lizard that's hard to kill 9 to 10 feet tall. Their meat is okay and their eggs make good omelettes. We scavenge whatever prepackaged, canned, preserved food was left from before the war. And there is a lot of it years later. Pork and beans is one of my favorite. MREs too....we still have plenty of nuka cola left too.... There's plenty more we scavenge or hunt, but... Yeah you get the picture.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    *marrok shrugs and takes a huge bite out of another burger*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    Valendria: *makes her way to the crater pack looking around as she passes thru the city.* why does so much of this place look abandoned?

Lythe: *with a heavy grunt she picks herself up and walks towards where alessa is phasing thru the fake wall*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Krystal: You know... if I wasn't in Starfleet I'd probably make it in the Restaraunt business. *chuckles*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Other Universe Nick: Reminds me of Sisko. Krystal is a good cook back home too.. anyways, any more questions?

Nick: Krystal they're fantastic. And they smell amazing. This is the best lamb burger I have ever had. *He looks at Gaia* so... Anything you wanna talk about?

Briana: *raises an eyebrow at Nick*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    marrok: nah, you'd hate it, aunt krys - you think starfleet is stressful? just ask that ram guy from the 21st century how stressful being a professional chef is​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Krystal: At least I wouldn't feel like the fate of the universe is at stake. *shrugs as she starts dishing up some hot dogs and hamburgers*

Gaia: Can't really think of anything right now.
  • Options
    marrok: no, just the fate of gastric nirvana​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Janri: I don't know... I haven't been here since... he died. I left for the federation and never looked back. But it is strange. This used to be a pretty popular tourist attraction for Orion.

*The whole area feels off to Valen, some eerie sensation creeping up on her. There are people milling about, mostly other Orions, but none of them seem to pay them any mind.*

*Alessa's body is resting upon an altar, the room having been set up similarly to the one back at her home. Alessa is still just as burnt as before, little to no effort has been put into treating her wounds. A chill runs down Lythe's spine as she can feel it. Some"thing" is growing in Alessa's womb, it feels powerful even at this stage. Alessa reaches out a hand for the box, her voice just as raspy as before*

Alessa: Hurry... there's not much time...

*Suddenly Lythe hears a loud air raid siren and the room begins to peel away as the hellscape takes over, spreading from Alessa herself*

Alessa: I can stall them...

Reina: Krys is a good cook, but I'd probably have to help manage a business like that. I'd offer to tell you some about over here, but I get the feeling you know most anything I could tell you*

T'Lera: What is it? *she looks confused*

Kinkoshi: How could food like that still be good after so long? What kind of preservatives did your people use?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    (it's not what kind, it's how many...like, that pie you see in the port-a-diners in the commonwealth have to basically be nothing BUT preservatives and chemically-created flavorings to still look the way it does after 210 years

you can actually get a lesser effect from mcdonald's - people have left one of their burgers for 20 years and the bun and patty were still basically intact, though MD claims it's because of how they were stored by the people who did the experiment)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Nick: well is this.... Normal?.... *He gives Gaia a look*

Other Universe Nick: not sure what else to do then.

Briana: nothing I guess

Donovan: I don't ask. It was somehow still good and that was good enough for me.... Loved them pork n' beans.
  • Options
    Gaia: What is normal around the Lexington crew? I mean... mecha space squids, magic, werewolves, vampires, time travel, a counterpart from an alternate timeline who lives here as a sister...
    Jadzia: I heard that.
    Gaia: Yea... what is normal?
  • Options
    marrok: don't forget the mecha space cthulhu who almost ended all life in the universe a few decades ago​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Adult Ezri: You referring to our frame of reference or this time period? Because if it's this time period, Mom had nothing to do with that, so it doesn't count.
  • Options
    marrok: i mean from this time period - the aftermath of the attack on mars and the near invasion of this universe by that united synth alliance​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: I meant with the burger and...... Eh I shouldn't say it but you know what I mean.... I hope.
  • Options
    valendria: i odnt like the feel of this place.... nothing feels right here. *she says as she walks looking around for any eyes on them.*

lythe: *she doesnt look like shes in good shape. practically on the verge of passing out from blood loss as she barely makes it over to alessa handing her the box covered in her bloody hand prints.* d-do what you have to......
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    *Valen can tell they're being watched but she doesn't see anyone, its like she can feel the eyes on them even if she can't see them*

Janri: It feels... *she shudders, pulling herself closer to Valen as they walk, momentarily forgetting about her fear of being too close to her*

Alessa: Thank you... The flauros... *she grips it in her hand as tight as she can and squeezes it, power flowing into the the box for a moment before it lifts up, floating above Alessa. Suddenly a large beam emanates from it directed at her body, Alessa screaming in pain as she uses her power to rip her soul in two. Lythe can sense it all as Alessa's body seems to become covered with her own darkness, her anger, her hatred but at the same time the infant God within her seems to be paused, trapped and unable to grow thanks to what she's done. Reality begins to warp around them as Alessa changes their location, pulling them deeper into the hell scape.*

Alessa: *she is talking in a perfectly normal voice despite her ruined body* I'm sorry you got hurt... our time is almost done... *Lythe blacks out for a moment, waking up with her wound healed and in the middle of a cemetery. Nearby Alessa looks fully healed but its not really her, its an Astral projection, but in her arms she holds a baby, a baby that emanates warmth and light* I will suffer... to protect everyone. But still... this part of me deserves better. They'll be here soon, they'll take care of her until its time.

*She sets the baby down in a carefully chosen spot, its cries echoing out into the light fog, just enough for a couple nearby to hear. Alessa comes over and gives Lythe a hug*

Alessa: I can't see much... but I'm glad someone like you is around... I don't know if I'll see you again. But thank you.

Seventeen: Shes got a point.

Reina: I can think of something I've done that probably wouldn't count as normal. *she sounds a little teasing while rubbing a finger on her chin*

Kinkoshi: I'm not too familiar with many earth cuisine so I'm not sure what pork and beans is. But I am partial to hamburgers.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    Donovan: it's just bits of Pork, in beans, with like... A BBQ sauce inside a can.

Other Universe Nick: and that would be?
  • Options
    Jadzia: I don't think that the events in 2399 are really relevant to the crew of one ship. Especially when that crew hadn't even joined Starfleet or were in the Academy at the time. I know I, and Krystal, were ensigns in 2409, fresh out of the academy, when Vega Colony happened...
    *closes her eyes for a moment*
    Our fates since then... were... drastically different...
    Krystal: *goes over and hugs Jadzia*
  • Options
    marrok: nyeh...*grabs his fifth frank of the lot and starts wolfing the weenie down*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: Guess you don't know what I mean Gaia.... We'll talk about it later in private... But aways.... I hope your sisters feel better.

Other Universe Nick: I was there..... Not vega, but Coppelius.... I have limited knowledge of what he's talking about.
  • Options
    marrok: did yours end the same way ours did? Oh retreating, the beacon shut down before mecha-cthulhu could fully manifest in realspace and admiral picard dying and getting transferred to a synthetic body? though, i think i would have preferred captain riker fought that fleet then and there, because all those ships gave starfleet big trouble later on down the line with taris and sela's respective power plays​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Other Universe Nick: the very same way.... Well with the exception that I was there back home while here I was trapped in a bugship.

Nick: *looks down at the ground*
  • Options
    Krystal: Lets not compare dimentional notes here guys.
    Gaia: Krystal's right. We don't need to compare scars.
  • Options
    Valendria: yeah we’re being watched... something feels really off with this place.

Lythe: *looks down at herself surprised.* what just happened?.....
  • Options
    marrok: yeah, we should just keep stuffing ourselves instead...we got any potato salad? macaroni salad? pasta salad maybe? *he asks with a hopeful lilt to his voice*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: Yeah.... *puts an arm around gaia*

Other Universe Nick: He asked after all. anyways.... we could just replicate all that. I know some good coleslaw.
  • Options
    Krystal: All I got right now is meat for the grill.