Comments

• starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    I'd guess it's going back to Martok?
    Or else Kagran as he's a rising hero
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    B'SmarK?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    Martok, 'nuff said
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
    Descendant of Tenavik who'll come in Stage Left.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I'm in the J'mpok crowd because deep down Star Trek is all about reset buttons... That and can you imagine the bugs that having two Chancellor figures would cause? I can see it now:

"Resolved an issue that caused newly created characters to see a spoiler of who will eventually become Chancellor after their tutorial."

I see J'mpok having an actual duel with J'ula in front of the PC, Martok, and Adet'pa and actually winning. Then Martok turns on his heel and the episode ends with him saying "welp, that works for me..."

Remember the old Latin phrase "status quo"? I'm certain it's gonna apply here...

:wink:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Morn...y'all know I'm right.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    House of Quark :)
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    After all this it'll be the House of Kozak; led by Quark (who's the puppet of Grilka, the real power behind the throne) - as she's paying Quark A LOT of GPL. ;)

[Damn - Ninja'ed] ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    Worf, Martok, Kagran or J'mpok for me, I personally wouldn't want a dishonorable and cowardly petaQ like J'Ula anywhere near the high council.
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Sexist remarks redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • robsr1967#8084 robsr1967 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Kurn
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    It is also possible that J'mpok steps down (as in forced to probably) as chancellor but remains as head of fleet operations while someone else takes the chancellorship.

I am not sure if the engine could handle a change of chancellor in the First City set depending on which season you are currently playing in the episode timeline, but even if not that could be handled other ways. It could be that the new person only appears in new mission and TFO voiceovers or whatever and J'mpok is always standing in the main hall.

It would also be a simple matter to remove J'mpok from the static version of the Hall and not have anyone standing there all the time in his place. That way they could just have whatever chancellor is appropriate to each particular mission appear there without any sudden switches.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    It is also possible that J'mpok steps down (as in forced to probably) as chancellor but remains as head of fleet operations while someone else takes the chancellorship.

I am not sure if the engine could handle a change of chancellor in the First City set depending on which season you are currently playing in the episode timeline, but even if not that could be handled other ways. It could be that the new person only appears in new mission and TFO voiceovers or whatever and J'mpok is always standing in the main hall.

It would also be a simple matter to remove J'mpok from the static version of the Hall and not have anyone standing there all the time in his place. That way they could just have whatever chancellor is appropriate to each particular mission appear there without any sudden switches.

IDK - with his actions at the end of second new episode J'mpok has pretty much committed mass murder - so in Star Trek terms that means he's gotta die at the end of all this (however long this ingame story thread runs).

To be honest, it would be funny if YOU (as a Klingon player) get offered the Chancellorship; but of course turn it down in the end and hand it off to who they want going forward (either Martok or J'ula); or if you on a Fed or Fed aligned character, you're the Arbiter of Succession; and you name the new Klingon Chancellor after whatever you do in game to save their life.

IMO - it'll be suitably Star Trek trope-ish no matter what it is you do in the end to save/help install the new Klingon Chancellor in the end; and I'm sure before this MMPO sunsets they'll have another storyline where you 'pay' for that 'good deed' as hey in Star Trek - no good deed goes unpunished for long. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Tovan Khev.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    Shran. For some reason the developers really love that guy and he pops up everywhere despite being really lame and irritating.

Shran? or shon? how that guy got to command Enterprise is beyond me. The flagship and pride of the fleet and "We will back you up"
    Spock.jpg

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    oh, and you guys got it all wrong. we have a nice little civil war here... the klingons deicimate each other, and in steps Big Green..

the next chancellor...S'taass
    Gorn_Male.jpg
    Spock.jpg

LOTRO did that in spades with Isengard, pre and post flooding depending on the Quest group you are doing.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    LOTRO did that in spades with Isengard, pre and post flooding depending on the Quest group you are doing.

ESO does that a lot too, which can be a real pain if you have to travel overland to a city to pick something up in their fractured market system only to find that the most direct route (often one that would take half the map or more to detour around because of terrain) is under siege or whatever so you have to take care of that and hope that the item is still available by the time you get to the market it is at. Once you have freed the city or whatever it is normal from then on. I was just not sure it could be done in STO.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Yeah phasing is a common technique in MMOs the infamous garrisons in WoW expansion Warlords of Draenor used that tech where all the garrisons for a single faction were in the same location but you'd only ever see your own personal garrison or nothing at all if you hadn't build the first stage of the garrison yet.

Yeah assuming J'mpok we're fighting doesn't end up being a changeling or an undine, who ever replaces him will stand more or less in the same location and J'mpok will just be phased out while the new chancellor will be phased in. Oh and another example from STO the colony world uses phasing to show that your building it up.
  • dvonluckdvonluck Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I've noticed that its Martok's voice saying congratulations general when I level up so I'm guessing its him
    dvonluck wrote: »
    I've noticed that its Martok's voice saying congratulations general when I level up so I'm guessing its him

possible, though there's the issue is the actor willing to do it (the regular role as the chancellor) and can Cryptic afford it.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    You know all has me wondering why females can become Chancellor yet are not allowed to rule great houses.
    seems like a major flaw in star trek lore there.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    uh wut? grilka would like a word with you on that whole 'females aren't allowed to lead great houses' nonsense​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    uh wut? grilka would like a word with you on that whole 'females aren't allowed to lead great houses' nonsense​​

she was given special dispensation to lead her house but typically they are not allowed unless the head of the House left no male heir and died under unusual circumstances.
    0bzJyzP.gif

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

she was given special dispensation to lead her house but typically they are not allowed unless the head of the House left no male heir and died under unusual circumstances.

we've seen female high Chancellor twice, Azetbur whose father was assassinated on the way to peace talks with the federation, she probably get in because it of the unusual circumstances and no one wanted to be the one to make peace, and the out of universe reason being that rule wasn't invented yet. and L'Rell who blackmailed her way to the job, who probably doesn't count for normal.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    nightken wrote: »

we've seen female high Chancellor twice, Azetbur whose father was assassinated on the way to peace talks with the federation, she probably get in because it of the unusual circumstances and no one wanted to be the one to make peace, and the out of universe reason being that rule wasn't invented yet. and L'Rell who blackmailed her way to the job, who probably doesn't count for normal.

I suppose that is possible with Azetbur it did seem odd that she got it i mean the position isnt inherated (though i know the out of universe chancellor rule didnt exsist then either) but i do wonder if females can rule anyway, we know the empire once had emperors and Empress at some point so maybe a custom remains for them to rule the empire but not a house for some strange reason.

0bzJyzP.gif

It could also be a rule in place during that time, the Klingon Empire hasn't remained static during the years. So it's possible that during more "traditionalist" chancellors women were not allowed in the council, while more pragmatist chancellors were less fussed about such things as long as the person snowed themselves worthy of the seat.

And that's assuming such rule exists and Gowron wasn't just a being a prick.
This discussion has been closed.