test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Personnel Tab Items are Now Account Unlock!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Starting this week, everything purchased in the Personnel Tab of the Zen Store will be unlocked for your entire account.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461853

Comments

• Options
    zetekuba99zetekuba99 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Amazing, still i dream the day, when the lobi ships, and perhaps other lobi items, will also become account-wide. I know im fool for thinking that, but im sure, that in not that distant future, it will happen, eventualy.
  • Options
    alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    So if I've bought a Caitian Bridge Officer (which I have done for two characters), I can now get one for ALL the Federation (and Starfleet aligned Romulan) characters?
    Going the news blog.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    yeah, it doesn't seem to have grandfathered the Caitian or the Aenar boffs. Even on characters that actively have them, they're an unlock. I don't think they counted.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    ogretrekkerogretrekker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yeah, worst part is that Aenar/Caitian will be listed as available and clicking on them in the menu will cost you 500 zen. No purchase warning given!
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Yeah, worst part is that Aenar/Caitian will be listed as available and clicking on them in the menu will cost you 500 zen. No purchase warning given!

Yep! It took 500 ZEN from me for reclaiming my Aenar on another character. )= How do I get my 500 ZEN back? It said it was available and still awards those stupid Bridge Officer Requisitions!
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Sounds like Cryptic did not do any product testing on the account unlock personnel update. Color me surprised. Maybe the bugs will be worked out by the time it makes its way to console.
  • Options
    I don't even want to try reclaiming my Ferasan BO that I also purchased a while back. This really is disappointing! I spent $200 on ZEN just over a week ago and bought the Legendary Fed Bundle. I was going to grab another $50 this weekend and pick up the Romulan Legendary Bundle as well, but there is no way I am giving Cryptic or PWE any more money until this is fixed and my 500 ZEN are returned to me!
  • Options
    reaperwrightyreaperwrighty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I've brought the Aenar/Caitian with three of my Fed toons and the Fearsan boffs with my Klingon toons, i can't reclaim any of them nor do i have a option to buy them them either, however i can reclaim the combat pets, so its seems strange, probably a bug on there end again
  • Options
    Holy... I e-mailed support@perfectworld.com because we all know that the in-game bug reporting is incredibly hit and miss. Within a few minutes, I got an e-mail back from Navi stating, "Unfortunately, our Engineers have found an issue with this at this time." I was credited my 500 ZEN back, which I have confirmed has been returned. I was advised to not make any more C-Store purchases until this issue is resolved.

On a side note... Navi responed within less than 5 minutes with the issue and resolved my ZEN being taken wrongfully. WOW! If this is some new thing on having great service from PWE. I am impressed! This Navi person should be the standard for your support team. This person is awesome and thank you, Navi, for a postive support experience!
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

YIKES that sounds dangerous & potentially predatory.
  • Options
    stylesflynnstylesflynn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The borg bridge officers for both Federation and Klingon factions didn't unlock either.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    I purchased the Caitian and Ferasan a while ago and bought 4 Boff's of each when I had cat characters. I have since deleted those caharcters, I know, mistake now,.. I can still make a Catian and Fersan Character, but the Boff's are not unlocked for me either. The C-Store wants me to buy them.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    nightforagernightforager Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    corelogik wrote: »
    I purchased the Caitian and Ferasan a while ago and bought 4 Boff's of each when I had cat characters. I have since deleted those caharcters, I know, mistake now,.. I can still make a Catian and Fersan Character, but the Boff's are not unlocked for me either. The C-Store wants me to buy them.

I still have the characters that I bought the Caitian BOFF's on and it still wants me to spend the Zen. Oddly, the Ferasans seem to be unlocked. Did they forget to say about how recently the purchase was made?
  • Options
    corelogik wrote: »

I still have the characters that I bought the Caitian BOFF's on and it still wants me to spend the Zen. Oddly, the Ferasans seem to be unlocked. Did they forget to say about how recently the purchase was made?

I thought they, Cryptic, had said such items were suppose to be "grandfathered" in? Perhaps there's a few glitches & Cryptic will acknowledge & correct them.
  • Options
    jcsww wrote: »
    Has there been any update at all as to when this will actually be corrected?

The first glitch has been corrected (the one that charged 500 Zen without warning). The other one, seems to remain. I do suspect that if the purchase wasn't made in the last 5 years, it cancels it out and you have to buy them again.
  • Options

The first glitch has been corrected (the one that charged 500 Zen without warning). The other one, seems to remain. I do suspect that if the purchase wasn't made in the last 5 years, it cancels it out and you have to buy them again.

That's a start. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    At one point they were tradable items when you bought them. Maybe anyone who bought the item didn't count? I know when I got the Aenar and Caitians it gave me a req form that I took to the boff vendor.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    At one point they were tradable items when you bought them. Maybe anyone who bought the item didn't count? I know when I got the Aenar and Caitians it gave me a req form that I took to the boff vendor.

Problem is, I didn't trade or sell them; I took them directly to the Boff vendor. And it doesn't explain why the Ferasan Boffs are available to me. The only thing that distinguishes the Caitian and Ferasan Boffs is how long ago I made the purchase.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946

So, it happened to me just now... 6:45PM MST, 27 June...

Claimed a Ferasan Bridge Officer Requisition listed as "Available" with the "Claim" button highlighted. It's a Boff Req I purchased a few times before (more than once). 500 Zen were immediately deducted without warning...

Submitted a ticket so we will see what happens...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I put my ZEN up on the Exchange to protect it from this annoying bug. The Aenar now claim without taking any ZEN but the Ferasan tell me I can't claim it because I don't have enough ZEN. I am hitting a claim button for something I have purchased before. The issue of it not even warning people seems to still be an issue as well, because it doesn't even pop up any window saying it is trying to take ZEN. It just puts a message across the screen saying that I don't have enough ZEN to buy this, when I should already own it.
  • Options
    crm14916 wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael#6946

Claimed a Ferasan Bridge Officer Requisition listed as "Available" with the "Claim" button highlighted. It's a Boff Req I purchased a few times before (more than once). 500 Zen were immediately deducted without warning...

CM
    WOW! So they haven't fixed this issue at all yet then. Very disappointing!

I'm wondering if Cryptic is taking the approach of solving this submitted ticket by submitted ticket instead of just coding-in a game-fixing correction then? I doubt everyone that suddenly gets zen swooshed away will submit a ticket for a refund even though Cryptic seems to refund it. I'd think fixing the overall problem would be better than this tossing bandaides at it.
    I put my ZEN up on the Exchange to protect it from this annoying bug. The Aenar now claim without taking any ZEN but the Ferasan tell me I can't claim it because I don't have enough ZEN. I am hitting a claim button for something I have purchased before. The issue of it not even warning people seems to still be an issue as well, because it doesn't even pop up any window saying it is trying to take ZEN. It just puts a message across the screen saying that I don't have enough ZEN to buy this, when I should already own it.

I put my ZEN up on the Exchange to protect it from this annoying bug.

That's a good idea before attempting to buy anything while it still seems glitched.

• Options
    crm14916 wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael#6946

CM
    WOW! So they haven't fixed this issue at all yet then. Very disappointing!

I'm wondering if Cryptic is taking the approach of solving this submitted ticket by submitted ticket instead of just coding-in a game-fixing correction then? I doubt everyone that suddenly gets zen swooshed away will submit a ticket for a refund even though Cryptic seems to refund it. I'd think fixing the overall problem would be better than this tossing bandaides at it.

I put my ZEN up on the Exchange to protect it from this annoying bug.

That's a good idea before attempting to buy anything while it still seems glitched.

It would be nice if they would actually announce when this is fixed, instead of us having to guess and then e-mail support because it's still broken.
  • Options
    roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I have on my main toon the 2 horta from the zen store i purchased them a long time ago how would i go about them being account unlocked? or would i be required to buy them again post change?

That or should i look for them in legacy tab given the age of the purchase?
    To be or not to be: B)
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    ^^^

Good question... I purchased the Targ pet for my Klingon a few years back and it isn't showing up as available to claim...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    Yup. And it turns out the Ferasan reclaim is bugged for me, too. I tried to reclaim it and it said that I had insufficient Zen.
  • Options
    captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    Looks like tomorrow only fixes stuff not showing up retroactively. No mention of the Ferasan fix there in the patch notes. Will be impressed if that gets ninja fixed.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1