test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Personnel Tab Items are Now Account Unlock!

13»

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited August 2020
  • rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    so once again long time PAYING CUSTOMERS get the shaft and all we get is too bad so sad, now give us your money. This is getting old real quick
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    The vast majority of players who have bought one of these items will currently have it in their inventory (or commissioned in the case of BOFFs).

As a software developer myself, I hate it when people with no knowledge of the system expound on how hard or simple a task should be - but I would have to go out of my way to design a system where it wouldn't be possible to run a query for accounts with the items on at least one of their characters (I actually can't imagine how I'd write a system where this wouldn't be possible).
  • rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    edited August 2020
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The vast majority of players who have bought one of these items will currently have it in their inventory (or commissioned in the case of BOFFs).

As a software developer myself, I hate it when people with no knowledge of the system expound on how hard or simple a task should be - but I would have to go out of my way to design a system where it wouldn't be possible to run a query for accounts with the items on at least one of their characters (I actually can't imagine how I'd write a system where this wouldn't be possible).
    I think the issue is that they would consider it a false positive if a player has the boff commissioned but acquired it by buying it on exchange, since they used to be a tradable item.

But at the same time simply checking the purchase history will show all the people who paid zen for one and then sold it on exchange.

So you'd need the script to cross reference disparate data sources.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    (response to redacted post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • kalknightkalknight Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Well, thats marvellous isnt it. Excellent customer support here.

I feel like they have options here - like sending voucher codes to people who have bought these before so they can reclaim them for free. Or doing them as give-aways maybe though this would allow everyone to get them so is probably unlikely.
    But really, "Buy the item again, we want more money" is likely the end-game here isnt it.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    Still not accurate.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Looks like we had a very special day here a few weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/dTRKCXC0JFg
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    kalknight wrote: »
    Well, thats marvellous isnt it. Excellent customer support here.

I feel like they have options here - like sending voucher codes to people who have bought these before so they can reclaim them for free. Or doing them as give-aways maybe though this would allow everyone to get them so is probably unlikely.
    But really, "Buy the item again, we want more money" is likely the end-game here isnt it.

A bit late, but at least you will truly unlock it for the account if you purchase now.

It's not optimal, but it's still better than things were before this change, right?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • kalknightkalknight Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    A bit late, but at least you will truly unlock it for the account if you purchase now.

It's not optimal, but it's still better than things were before this change, right?

Honestly? No.
    It was 500/550 zen for each you bought - I have a toon with 5 Cait Boffs so conservatively, thats the cost of a T5 ship - 2500 Zen.
    We were told the personnel tab items would be unlocked for everyone who'd bought them previously. They haven't been, there's no sign of a fix and basically we're told to buy them again - no, I've already spent enough on them thanks.

If they can't fix it, there are other options they could explore to facilitate it for players for who this is broken.
    kalknight wrote: »

Honestly? No.
    It was 500/550 zen for each you bought - I have a toon with 5 Cait Boffs so conservatively, thats the cost of a T5 ship - 2500 Zen.
    We were told the personnel tab items would be unlocked for everyone who'd bought them previously. They haven't been, there's no sign of a fix and basically we're told to buy them again - no, I've already spent enough on them thanks.

If they can't fix it, there are other options they could explore to facilitate it for players for who this is broken.

They seem think telling us they can't fix it is more than enough for us to buy them again. HAH!