test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Performance Issues Survey

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Captains - we've heard your feedback that some of you are experiencing lag and rubberbanding more than usual in our game. Please take the time to fill out this survey so we can investigate the issue in detail.

bit.ly/2TDZcDB

Comments

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Does this mean the life time subscription was the “secret” sale, or does it mean the secret sale that “may” happen, didn’t happen?

We got two announcements today before noon though! Three if you count the tweet about “Animal Crossing” Oddyssey uniforms. In Japan, we call that game “Animal Forest.”

And I hope you can fix the lag people have. Thanks for your hard work!

My survey only had one question. I don’t think I was helpful.
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I tried to click on the link in the announcement and it does not show up as a link. I had to use Google Chrome, copy, and paste the link into browser to get to the survey which I filled out. Hope it helps. Please fix. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    lol He says, more than usual. :P With the death of the Foundry, things were better for a short while. It would seem that these increased grinds are leading to more players playing. At least that is my experience based on the long time players I am seeing return in my fleets and those who I personally know that play. Perhaps some server upgrades would be appropriate.

Most of the time I experience lag, is in the Pavho TFO's These 5 instance runs never used to be plagued with lag. I have ran a few other PvE queue items and also experienced lag in those. The time I first started to notice the lag was the return of the Winter event.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I was going to post something about the amount of rubberbanding and Disco's (no relation to Discovery, though my Disco characters had as much Disco'nnects as any other character), esp. with 2020 Summer Event around the corner, but this is better :smiley:
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I tried to click on the link in the announcement and it does not show up as a link. Please fix. Thanks. :)

The link's definitely undergoing a disconnect from the Disco'/Rubberbanding Survey.....
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I can certainly say, science abilities on ground and space cause a lot of frame rate loss and the game does not play well on renderscale 2 anymore as of maybe 5 weeks ago.
    1xe027q.png
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    This must be the 5th time I have summited data. What happened to all the other surveys and data gathering? Its been clear for over a year now where one of the main problems of lag is.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I did the survey. Feels like I'm doing somebody else's job for them. Free of charge at that. Like pottsey5g, I fully expect we'll never hear or see any of the results on this. As in zero feedback.

The bad part is Cryptic will gladly let Mike take all the heat from this for not providing any further information on this to anyone either here or ingame. "Community Manager", my [TRIBBLE]! "Meatshield" is how Cryptic really seems to use him.

Dunno why I bothered coming back to these forums this time. Same stuff. Different day. Shame on me for thinking this place might get better.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Uhm...the link isn't clickable and has to be copied manually, and the survey ends in a 502 Gateway timeout o_O

Sooo...i have no clue if the survey was even submitted o_O
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Never mind, i got in and now it fails after the first question.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Rubber banding is usually bad for me between 4PM and 10PM EST USA.
    In the afternoon between 12 and 4 it is not always that bad.
    Content usually includes social zones, AND space, both going to destination and within mission as well as tfo and patrols.
    as to if it rounds to a specific area or mission, no it doesnt, i have had lag in multiple missions and multiple locations.
    A friend in central CT has a worse lag than I do and twice as bad on and off all afternoon from say 2PM thru 9PM. Her lag is also in multiple locations and multiple missions. WE cant tag any one area for the most or least lag, or event or missions.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Rubberbanding not even happening but some how instead it keeps giving me the black crash screen but only for the game client. Although one positive thing about the KDF is the latency problem with a lot of people on the map doesn't happen like it does for ESD.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Is this specific to right now? While I know there have always been complaints, I have never really had any problems until today

Or is this meant to be a more general, long term survey?
    It's been worse for me these past two weeks for rubberbanding, but for disconnects during map transitions it's progressively occurred more often for a couple two weeks before that.
    edited May 2020
    How do I use a command to check the game through the D : driver, rather than the C: driver? My computer set up is a bit different than the usual one drive computer.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    How do I use a command to check the game through the D : driver, rather than the C: driver? My computer set up is a bit different than the usual one drive computer.

The instructions are the same regardless of the drive letter for your boot drive. The only thing you would change is that if you were going to export it to a text file, you would type a D instead of C in the command C:\trace1.txt.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited May 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Seriously guys...it's akemi labs...get rid of them already. Holy jeebus.
    Fully agree. The data from the last 2 surveys all show the same thing. akemi is a major problem and a big cause of the lag problems. The current batch of lag started when they switched to the akemi security server what was it 3 years ago? There seems to be a direct correspondence with spikes at 93.191.173.x and lag in the game.

Although that is not the only cause. Recently the skill page and Endeavor systems are causing 1 second pauses which isn't related to akemi.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Seriously guys...it's akemi labs...get rid of them already. Holy jeebus.

What I am hoping is that the trace routes are to take to them as proof. Just telling them it's their fault (we all know it's their fault) will likely just result in them saying their network is fine. Hopefully, with enough of the trace routes they can drop them all in Akemi's lap to end all doubt.

I have to admit though, I am a bit put off that as long as this has been happening, they're just now taking action. This problem is certainly not a new one.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Well I won't say my lag/rubber banding is bad most times, only occasionally, but I will say I think it has been worse ever since Cryptic's switch to Akamai Tech.. I just wonder if Akamai operates primarily for business traffic & not gaming traffic or if it even matters at all during high stress input/output.
    edited May 2020
    I have to admit though, I am a bit put off that as long as this has been happening, they're just now taking action. This problem is certainly not a new one.
    Except they aren't just now taking action.

Kael has put up these kinds of surveys on twitter, these forums, and reddit, on three separate occasions in the past year, asking for trace logs each time, and none of them went anywhere because he got all of about 5 responses from people about it.
    That's not true he has received lots of data. Some people even went out there way to travel around multiple counties testing from multiple locations, computers and ISP's and submitted all that data. He should have got a massive amount more then just 5 responses.
    Except they aren't just now taking action.

Kael has put up these kinds of surveys on twitter, these forums, and reddit, on three separate occasions in the past year, asking for trace logs each time, and none of them went anywhere because he got all of about 5 responses from people about it.

The funny thing is that you actually believe that.
    edited May 2020
    The funny thing is that you actually believe that.
    Yes, its laugh out loud hilarious that I believe the guy who made the survey when he was talking about the results of said survey.

I hate how idiotically conspiratorial gamers have gotten.
    When did he say that? I must have missed it and well its cannot possibly be true. A lot more data was submitted then just 5 in actual fact last time around over 100 tracenets were submitted so I don't see how its idiotically conspiratorial. Some of us have done everything we can to support finding out where the problem is. Those 100 tracenets do not including submissions from round 1.
    edited May 2020
    I hate how idiotically conspiratorial gamers have gotten.

Agreed.

I am not in that classification, but I wouldn't expect you to be able to stretch your thought process far enough past your own agenda to realize that.

That aside, I will continue to hope that Cryptic will finally actually do something to address this long standing problem.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I've had no lag issues, and very little rubber banding.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Had enough of giving feedback and tracerts. If you haven't compiled the previous bunch of feedback and taken it seriously, one more won't make a difference. Your game is broken. Rubberbands badly at random times for a very long time now. Also your game's power trays are broken too, have been since forever.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Had enough of giving feedback and tracerts. If you haven't compiled the previous bunch of feedback and taken it seriously, one more won't make a difference. Your game is broken. Rubberbands badly at random times for a very long time now. Also your game's power trays are broken too, have been since forever.

So is the teaming function. Can't count how many times I've made a team of five and ended up in a TFO with one person kicked or queuing up kicked everyone.
    1xe027q.png