test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defend First Contact Day!

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    i am actually looking forward to the new TFO they have to see what thats like.
    In previous years the rockets were character unlocks this year there account unlocks AND you get dilithium. WIN WIN>
    As to the badges, The people who feel that it should of been a multi faction pack are correct, the Klingons and Romulans could get some adjustment with everything, to refresh some stuff and improve upon what is already there.
    Note to anyone who has not seen upcoming content, They have now announced a refresh to certain elements of the Klingon faction.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    interesting; thx.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I'm getting a bad feeling about this. The Blog makes absolutely no mention of progress towards the Meta-Event or the use of Legacy TFO Commendations. Someone over there has 21(14) fixed in the brain. It's a three ring circus, Event after Event after Event.

This is also the Event that they sold a buyout for last year that included 4 Promotion R&D Packs and Zefram Cochran Memorial Holograms for 640 Zen (on Sale) and then two months later destroyed everyone's extra Memorial Holograms with no conversion or compensation. And now they want to sell a buyout for 2,000 Zen to begin with. For a Console, a Spec Point, some Dilitium, and a Pet.

It's like they copy/pasted a five day Event into a 21 day one.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I feel like this will be for the lobi event progress. We'll probably have another in May then finish with Risa.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I feel like this will be for the lobi event progress. We'll probably have another in May then finish with Risa.

You are correct. This is just for the First Contact Day event, not the campaign event.
    probably just me, but wouldnt others like to see the badges being offered? be easier to choose...just my 2 cents.
    (and yes, I am aware of the issue of non-fed factions being left out)

found some here...
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1254732/preview-of-some-of-the-upcoming-combadges-from-the-fcd-event

That would be ideal to be able to hover your mouse-pointer over it & a small image appears or a right-click & select More Details & that shows an image. I'm guessing too much work by Cryptic with no subjective pay-off. Besides, weren't you going to collect them all anyways :-) ?

• p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User

hahaha...
    one would think id get all of them, but im not too adept at finding out how to be honest. do i just repeat a certain mission? is it tied with the 14 day event? i cant recall how i even got it. sad, i know, but thats the way it is for me.
    and besides, if there are 17 badges, and only 14 days..........

im a newb still. forgive the lack of understanding.

The First Contact event runs for three weeks so you can do either the patrol or the rocket launch each day for 17 days to get all of the badges.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    p331 wrote: »

hahaha...
    one would think id get all of them, but im not too adept at finding out how to be honest. do i just repeat a certain mission? is it tied with the 14 day event? i cant recall how i even got it. sad, i know, but thats the way it is for me.

The First Contact event runs for three weeks so you can do either the patrol or the rocket launch each day for 17 days to get all of the badges.

thx...

This is only a suggestion, but for the next 17/17+ days just redo the launch a rocket mission for the minimal effort approach but still participate. I also suggest trying out the optional new mission though since it's new content after all & that is more & more too rare & should be enjoyed.
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @anodynes said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > True, but in previous years, this event gave no dilithium at all, not for the main project, and not for bonus days. I mean, the thing is absolutely impossible to fail, and can be done completely AFK.

But they turned the little Event into a 21-day Event and that comes with its own set of baggage. Also, their coy statement about a 'fresh coat of paint' being added to the Rocket Building Event could be measures to stop AFKing (or it could mean they changed the colors on the Backpacks and Rockets,, you never know with this crowd).

Yes, the "fresh coat of paint" is an AFK measure. I tried what I've done the last two years. Standing on the workbench and dancing. Not really going AFK, just not running around gathering parts and at the end no reward and AFK penalty lockout. Really no big deal just logged on to an alt and did the event for real.

From my point of view I don't understand this measure as a player going AFK during this event doesn't hamper the other participants at all. I've always enjoy watching my rocket barely get off the ground and blow up quickly. :smile:

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @anodynes said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > True, but in previous years, this event gave no dilithium at all, not for the main project, and not for bonus days. I mean, the thing is absolutely impossible to fail, and can be done completely AFK.

But they turned the little Event into a 21-day Event and that comes with its own set of baggage. Also, their coy statement about a 'fresh coat of paint' being added to the Rocket Building Event could be measures to stop AFKing (or it could mean they changed the colors on the Backpacks and Rockets,, you never know with this crowd).

Yes, the "fresh coat of paint" is an AFK measure. I tried what I've done the last two years. Standing on the workbench and dancing. Not really going AFK, just not running around gathering parts and at the end no reward and AFK penalty lockout. Really no big deal just logged on to an alt and did the event for real.

From my point of view I don't understand this measure as a player going AFK during this event doesn't hamper the other participants at all. I've always enjoy watching my rocket barely get off the ground and blow up quickly. :smile:

If they added that, it's above the visual fresh coat of paint, which is a visual remodel of the junk piles and many of the structures on the map. I suppose it's too bad that there is an AFK penalty now, though, as others AFKing never bothered me for essentially the flip side of your reason, less competition at the junk piles.

There's also something that I wasn't aware of in that earlier post, the commbadge box reward, which I would say offsets the loss of two spec points (or the choice of a not-very-good upgrade) quite well. If they give us normal TFOs with leesened TFO reward boxes and no special goodies as compensation, then I might find it in me to care.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • So is there any definate word on whether this event counts towards the 4 part campaign or is this stand-alone?
    qaAuoh7.gif
    It is not part of the Mega-Event.

By the way. Those Rockets launched by AFK players blew up so close to the Launch Pad that my Characters were badly injured. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vjekoblavjekobla Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi, sorry if it's wrong place to ask.
    I see there is Free Borg pack that we can claim.
    Inside is Borg Bridge Officer.
    Question is if I already have Borg Bridge officer crew member on my Character can I get this one also or it's not possible, so if I claim pack I can't use that officer.

And BTW is it possible to have more borg crew than one if yes how.

Thank you
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Interesting note on the new Patrol for the event.

If you're right up close to the Bar, they've got audio from First Contact. I heard Cochrane talking to Troi and Riker, and Cochrane opened up a bottle of the "good" stuff.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    It was very nice to see a Ground Patrol, hopefully we'll see a few more of those. :o
    0zxlclk.png
    I had a Hard Endeavor tonight to Kill Borg. I decided to kill two birds with one stone and ran the Event Patrol. Boy, I completed the kill of 60 Borgs way before I got to the end. It was fun, but I probably won't do it 21 times.

The funny thing about the Event Rewards was that it only had 1 Spec Point instead of the 3 Selection Spec Point/Upgrade Boxes. However, in a sense you are getting those Spec points back as a Bonus Pool if you select the 150k XP Token from the Daily Event Reward Pack.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2020

That would be ideal to be able to hover your mouse-pointer over it & a small image appears or a right-click & select More Details & that shows an image. I'm guessing too much work by Cryptic with no subjective pay-off. Besides, weren't you going to collect them all anyways :-) ?

hahaha...

Each Badge is Account-Unlock, and it seems they allow one every day; yet seems I've gotten one claim badge on every character I've done the Patrol on so far...

I have to bet that last part was in error on their part?
    0zxlclk.png
  • shakkazulu8shakkazulu8 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Thanks guys for an excellent 2020 First Contact event. I truly loved the Bozeman episode. Thanks.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Interesting note on the new Patrol for the event.

If you're right up close to the Bar, they've got audio from First Contact. I heard Cochrane talking to Troi and Riker, and Cochrane opened up a bottle of the "good" stuff.

As I recall, the "Good Stuff" wasn't very good. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Good would be a relative term when you're living in a post war campsite.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Thankfully, you get to choose your badge and it's account-wide. But once again, not all uniforms can have it and it's Fed-only. Hopefully, not for long because of the whole "going full Alliance" and all.

Also, I still can't help but chuckle at how extreme the changes to Seven are, post-Picard trailers and S1, in STO.

Seven, pre-Picard: mostly the same as Voyager except slightly more emotional, prefers to avoid unnecessary conflict, still trying to be fully human.
    Seven post-Picard: "F**k, that one's gonna be a b**ch and afterwards, I'll freaking need a g***amn drink! Here's a one-liner as I kick your **s, you little sh**! "
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    man was i wrong about this event. a bonus 3 week event that's not an event!

for the afk bit - you have to gather one of each type of part. can be done in less than a minute. y voila
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,996 Arc User
    I find the mission a wee bit on the short side. But that aside the mission itself has fabulous content. What would of been awesome would to have stuck around to witness the Phoenix launch and to see the Vulcans land too. But overall I am happy with the Mission with Seven. Sticking around the camp too to hear First Contact audio is awesome.
    It's a Patrol that's why it's short. Being a Ground Patrol, the first, because of its relationship to First Contact Day, it will probably go into hiding after the 'Event' is over. :(
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    If this new patrol will only be around for FCD, I'm good with it. I've tried it twice now and both times it gets stuck and won't progress. I will not be trying it again, even if they say they fix it sometime down the road.

Much like the patrols they added for an event a while back. I gave up on those entirely after there was supposedly a fix for the same type of issue. I reran them after the "fix" only for them to get to the same point and progress no further.

At least I can build the rocket and finish the event that way.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

hahaha...

Each Badge is Account-Unlock, and it seems they allow one every day; yet seems I've gotten one claim badge on every character I've done the Patrol on so far...

I have to bet that last part was in error on their part?
    The anniv emotes were per-character-per-day, not per-account-per-day. And yeah, I already got 4 badges.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    @ambassadorkael#6946

Two questions.

1. Why is there no Romulan badge?

2. If you do the buyout, does that block you from gaining additional progress by doing the daily? I did get the buyout and I am not getting any further progress on the 4-part event for the T6 Coupon/Lobi.
    1xe027q.png