test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Defend First Contact Day!

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    This Event is NOT part of the Mega-Event. It is just the First Contact Day Event.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    This event isn't part of the T6 Coupon/Lobi event though, even though I suspect many thought it was. But it clearly not listed as one of the 4.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Ran the Ground patrol last night and did so again tonight. I enjoyed it very much. Not a fan of the First Contact Day Build a Model Rocket mission. Although, the Bozeman, Montana map is gorgeous! Shame to waste such excellent environment work on something so silly.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I wish they'd make Bozeman, Montana a place you can beam down to all the time. We need more fun zones like Risa.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I am really liking this ground patrol, it is great for doing personal endeavors. I hope they introduce some that are always available and not tied to an event.

You can definitely earn more than one comm badge per day.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    uXvgprT.png
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA! I lost with all purples. :lol:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Eenh, quality gives you better odds of winning even if it doesn't guarantee it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    I did it this morning and had engines and hull as purple and stabilizers as blue and some else has stabilizers and hull purple and engines blue and I was about 4 points behind them. I would have though purple engines would have beaten blue ones in terms of flight but I am glad it is only about 5-10 mins top
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Finally got around to playing the new patrol, haven't finished it yet but I just wanted to Alt+Tab out and say that it was an absolutely awesome touch to include the audio from the bar scene in FC when you're standing outside the building after returning to the complex, really helps with the sense of immersion.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    It's a shame that this is a Patrol, while the Rocket Building is a TFO. The Rocket Building is eligible for the Daily 55 Marks Bonus, while the Patrol is not..

Yeah, and don't go pointing out that the first Patrol of the day gives you a Bonus 15 Marks. That is once per day. The Daily 55 Marks Bonus is once per day per Reputation.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    the patrol is cool, but alas bugged; currently I'm stuck at:

-stop the borg from assimilating the civilians
    - rescue civilians (5)

nothing happens, I can't help the civilians and there are no borg!!!

Second day, without the daily completed, thx.
  • Options
    the patrol is cool, but alas bugged; currently I'm stuck at:

-stop the borg from assimilating the civilians
    - rescue civilians (5)

nothing happens, I can't help the civilians and there are no borg!!!

Second day, without the daily completed, thx.
    did you look for green objective markers on the map? You have to go find the enemies a lot.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    smr12smr12 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    > @vjekobla said:
    > Hi, sorry if it's wrong place to ask.
    > I see there is Free Borg pack that we can claim.
    > Inside is Borg Bridge Officer.
    > Question is if I already have Borg Bridge officer crew member on my Character can I get this one also or it's not possible, so if I claim pack I can't use that officer.
    >
    > And BTW is it possible to have more borg crew than one if yes how.
    >
    > Thank you

if you have a science borg boff from lobi store, than you can have the enigeer one too on the same char.
    I have both of them on my reman.
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    A friend of mine killed all the borg at the dump and it said kill all borg scavengers and couldnt get past it, there were no borg to kill! She gave up and left and refused to do it again. Went without credit cause she cant deal with bugs in stuff thats supposed to work and frankly nor can i.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Yes but dead last with the best? I could've at least been second or third.

• Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »

Heck I had one today where I had solid purple and my rocket blew up at launch... final scoreboard had me dead last with a distance of 4.

This happened to me the other day. I had purple hull and stabilizers and blue engines and my rocket exploded at 4 meters.

• Options
    A friend of mine killed all the borg at the dump and it said kill all borg scavengers and couldnt get past it, there were no borg to kill! She gave up and left and refused to do it again. Went without credit cause she cant deal with bugs in stuff thats supposed to work and frankly nor can i.
    You probably missed one. They like to hide in corners. Happened to me several times.
    westmetals wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Heck I had one today where I had solid purple and my rocket blew up at launch... final scoreboard had me dead last with a distance of 4.
    This happened to me the other day. I had purple hull and stabilizers and blue engines and my rocket exploded at 4 meters.
    It seems to use some complex math thingy to do probability rolls to decide when your ship blows up. Thus part of it is luck.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    The chance of blowing up on the launch pad with all purple parts is the same as opening a Lockbox and getting a T6 Ship. You should have used your luck on opening Lockboxes instead. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    The chance of blowing up on the launch pad with all purple parts is the same as opening a Lockbox and getting a T6 Ship. You should have used your luck on opening Lockboxes instead. :)
    More likely a bug in the code considering how often it happens. This entire event has been a giant mess of bugs :(

So far I have been hit by the patrol bug and cannot advance. Been hit by the rocket AFK timer bug despite being in 2nd place. Plus the person with triple epic exploded on the ground. As I do not use alts this has just ruined my STO play time today. Cannot do anything in the time I have left.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    I have not had the backpack bug yet or One Night in Bozeman bug but yesterday I did have the glitch under the rocket launchpad bug thankfully I was able to get back to the surface. Had to fix the camera angle back to where it was supposed to be though. Lately doing this First Contact Day event have getting an SNR (that thankfully clears itself) shortly before the mission ends. Thankfully, have not missed the marks package window popping up after the mission is completed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    I haven't had any issues. I've run the Patrol twice (Hard Borg Endeavors) and the Rocket TFO twice. I would normally do the TFO as it is shorter and you get the Daily Marks Bonus with your Marks Choice.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Someone reported in another Thread it may relate to the Spiders in a junk pile. If someone in your TFO runs into them and kills them, the others may be susceptible to the AFK Penalty as they have not 'contributed' to combat.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    I have ignored the spiders and deposited my parts and not received an afk.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I have ignored the spiders and deposited my parts and not received an afk.

Did anyone else shoot any spiders though?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I would like to add at this point in time I was the only person on my match that got all purple engine, stabilizer, and hull which according to the little rocket race I also got the highest and you'll never guess what happens next...

wait for it...

keep waiting for it...

add in 30 minutes for!!!!!

The afk penalty it gave me for winning!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User

You mean "Cryptic Odds?"
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2020
    I've noticed on the RARE occasion, even when I had a toon doing Rocket Mission, I once got an AFK penalty and wondered why cause she was active the whole time. I've reported it to BUGS sub-forum however, just thought it was worthy to highlight here as well. <3
    I wish they'd make Bozeman, Montana a place you can beam down to all the time. We need more fun zones like Risa.

And yes, I agree with this! It would be amazing if in the Sol System, you could not only beam down to Starfleet Academy, but it also be great to visit Bozeman, Montana as well! Even if the Rocket mission wasn't ongoing at the time, it could place a NPC there advising, the history of what our famous Warp Core Engine did... ...sort of Hype up the First Contact Day celebration, so people know to watch out for it, and also give a new Social Zone to beam down and visit.

*thumbs up*

SPACE: Link to Sir Stewart's GIFT for CBS All-Access
    So for anyone Interested in checking out Picard series consider this:
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    @evilmark444 I do not beleave i heard any weapons fire but i could be wrong.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Backpack for Phoenix Rocket launch mission is missing when using the Borg Exoskeletal Frame armour/costume.

I'm hoping new costume for Borg in the new ground patrol mission will be available for Borg characters if/when Borg Collective faction is available to players :)