test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

✯✯✯ STAR TREK PICARD ✯✯✯ (reactions and discussion WITH SPOILERS)

1222325272833

Comments

  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    Star Trek Picard is not showing 'corruption' it is doing straight out assassination of the Federation.

    It is incredible a Federation Captain would murder unarmed passengers on their ship.
    It is incredible the Federation Captain did so because he was ORDERED to do so.
    It is beyond incredible the Federation Captain legitimately thought Starfleet would destroy an entire ship for not obeying this order.

    We have seen Starfleet training, we have seen how Starfleet officers are trained to react under fire and we have even seen how they react when forced to engage each other.
    From all that evidence: It is implausible to the point of absurdity this situation occured. The only way it works is if some fantastic revisionist history or straight out narrative abuse is pulled.

    The same kind of revisionism and abuse ST:P has already engaged in by making everything disgusting, grungy, swearing and dark.

    We had a brutal torture scene
    We have had multiple vivid mass execution scenes
    We have had multiple graphic depictions of suicide
    We have had excessive amounts of brutal and graphic murder

    DS9 is often stated as being 'dark' - You can be dark and edgy without having to resort to the methods ST:P is doing.
    The bottom line is this: ST:P is being narratively and cinematically directed by children that seem to have no class or actual ability to do anything but do cheap shock tactics. As a result, they have to fill the screen with excessive amounts of violence to make the villians actually appear villians rather than be subtle.

    DS9 did not need to depict the Cardassians TRIBBLE or mass murdering Bajorans for the message of them being bad to get through.

    You might want to actually WATCH Star Trek once in a while:

    TOS S1 - "A Taste of Armageddon":
    http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/23.htm
    ANAN: Don't you understand, Captain? We have done away with all that. Now you are threatening to bring it down on us again. Are those five hundred people of yours more important than the hundreds of millions of innocent people on Eminiar and Vendikar? What kind of monster are you?

    KIRK: I'm a barbarian. You said it yourself.
    ANAN: I had hoped I'd spoken only figuratively.

    KIRK: Oh, no. You were quite accurate. I plan to prove it to you.
    ANAN: Open a channel to the Enterprise. You give me no choice, Captain. We are not bandits, but you force us to act as bandits.

    SCOTT [OC]: This is the USS Enterprise.

    KIRK: Scotty, General Order Twenty Four. Two hours! In two hours!

    ANAN: Enterprise, this is Anan Seven, First Councilman of the High Council of Eminiar.

    [Bridge]

    ANAN [OC]: We hold your Captain, his party, your Ambassador and his party prisoners.

    [Council Room]

    ANAN: Unless you immediately start transportation of all personnel aboard your ship to the surface, the hostages will be killed. You have thirty minutes. I mean it, Captain.

    KIRK: All that it means is that I won't be around for the destruction. You heard me give General Order Twenty Four. That means in two hours the Enterprise will destroy Eminiar Seven.

    ...

    [Bridge]

    SCOTT: Open a channel, Lieutenant. This is the commander of the USS Enterprise.

    [Council Room]

    SCOTT [OC]: All cities and installations on Eminiar Seven have been located, identified, and fed into our fire-control system. In one hour and forty five minutes

    [Bridge]

    SCOTT: The entire inhabited surface of your planet will be destroyed.


    [Council Room]

    SCOTT: You have that long to surrender your hostages.

    TOS S1 "Operation: Annihilate":
    http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/29.htm
    MCCOY: I'm sorry, Captain. I've tried everything I can. Variant radiation, intense heat, even as great as nine thousand degrees.

    KIRK: Then you're wasting your time. There has to be something that'll kill the creature without destroying the human host.

    MCCOY: Which happens to be my point. The thing won't die, even at temperatures and radiation which would burn Spock and your nephew to ashes.

    KIRK: I can't accept that, Bones. We've got fourteen science labs aboard this ship. The finest equipment and computers in the galaxy.

    MCCOY: Captain, I understand your concern. Your affection for Spock, the fact that your nephew is the last survivor of your brother's family.

    KIRK: No, no, Bones. There's more than two lives at stake here. I cannot let it spread beyond this colony, even if it means destroying a million people down there.

    TOS S1 "The Menagerie (Part 1)":
    KIRK: (reading) For eyes of Starfleet Command only.

    MENDEZ: Oh, I'm certifying I ordered you to read it. Know anything at all about this planet?

    KIRK: What every ship Captain knows. General Order 7, no vessel under any condition, emergency or otherwise, is to visit Talos Four.

    MENDEZ: And to do so is the only death penalty left on our books. Only Fleet Command knows why. Not even this file explains that. (unlocks the magnetic strip) But it does name the only Earth ship that ever visited the planet.


    KIRK: The Enterprise, commanded by Captain Christopher Pike.

    MENDEZ: With a half Vulcan science officer named Spock.

    TNG: S6 "Descent (Part 1)":
    http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/252.htm
    NECHAYEV: Captain, I've read the report that you submitted to Admiral Brooks last year regarding the Borg you called Hugh, and I've been trying to figure out why you let him go.

    PICARD: I thought that I had made that clear.

    NECHAYEV: As I understand, it you found a single Borg at a crash site, brought it aboard the Enterprise, studied it, analysed it, and eventually found a way to send it back to the Borg with a programme that would have destroyed the entire collective once and for all. But instead, you nursed the Borg back to health, treated it like a guest, gave it a name, and then sent it home. Why?

    PICARD: When Hugh was separated from the Borg collective he began to grow and to evolve into something other than an automaton. He became a person. When that happened, I felt I had no choice but to respect his rights as an individual.

    NECHAYEV: Of course you had a choice. You could've taken the opportunity to rid the Federation of a mortal enemy, one that has killed tens of thousands of innocent people, and which may kill even more.

    PICARD: No one is more aware of the danger than I am. But I am also bound by my oath and my conscience to uphold certain principles. And I will not sacrifice them in order to

    NECHAYEV: Your priority is to safeguard the lives of Federation citizens, not to wrestle with your conscience. Now I want to make it clear that if you have a similar opportunity in the future, an opportunity to destroy the Borg, you are under orders to take advantage of it. Is that understood?

    PICARD: Yes, sir.

    So yeah, please spare me the "The Federation is evil, and has never been shown in Star Trek to take desperate measures to protect itself before STP..." bit. The Federation and Star Fleet have often been shown from the VERY BEGINNING of this 50+ year franchise that they have no issues taking drastic steps on occasion to safe guard themselves and their citizens from what they see as a major threat.

    None of those situations are similar to the Picard situation though. In every one of those we understand the actual threat, or implication that warrants such drastic action (even if we can argue whether it is the right action to take, we still know why.) The dire synth threat has never been demonstrated in Picard, nor the threat of two apparently innocent people.

    We know the Romulans were actually behind the Mars attack, which means so far Synths have been harmless until someone hacks them or whatever.

    Maybe that revelation that explains why it was important to kill the pair has yet to come, but for right now all we see is Starfleet ordering the murder of innocents for no reason whatsoever, and threatening to destroy the entire ship like some Soviet commissar if the captain disobeys orders.

    The point is - we DON'T know how the order the Rios Captain was given. If Commodore Oh frames it similar to a threat like say the Talosians where seen in TOS it perfectly believable that Captain would carry out the order. Rios feels that the reason said Captain committed suicide was due to Rios giving him a hard time about it - but the point is - said Captain was given an order by someone in his chain of command who presented it AS a threat they (the Commodore and Star Fleet) knew about.

    And BTW - no, Star Fleet DOESN'T know the Romulans were behind the attack; it's something Raffi suspected, and made a issue about it with Star Fleet Command (or at least that's the way in comes across when her son talks about it; and even Picard knew her suspicions and dismissed them).

    But the point of my reply was: Nothing shown in STP was something Star Fleet hasn't legitimately engaged in before; and there's no reason to think that the Captain didn't question it, but his questions were either answered or (again based on previous Federation precedents) he followed orders because he trusted in his chain of command.


    Yes but it is every officer's duty to question their orders if they think something is fishy about them. Orders instructing a captain to murder a woman and a child for no apparent reason, who are no apparent threat should have every Starfleet captain's spidey sense going off.

    By contrasts, your examples show us something different. Scotty knows his captain and others are being held hostage in one example. And Kirk has to contend with the obvious threat of dangerous parasites in the other example. Picard knew how dangerous the Borg were and instead treated them like any other civilization that just needed a nudge to change rather than the existential threat they were, and its fair to say he regrets that decision when First Contact comes around.

    Yes, Starfleet at large doesn't know the Romulans did it. They don't know anyone did it. They know only that some androids went haywire and now they are banned. They don't have a reason to murder other Non-Federation androids if they even knew they were androids.
    starkaos wrote: »
    We know the Romulans were actually behind the Mars attack, which means so far Synths have been harmless until someone hacks them or whatever.

    Yes we know this. The Federation does not. Sure Raffi was suspecting something from day one, but she had no evidance, the idea of the Romulans deliberatly TRIBBLE themselves was deemed by everyone as as absurd in fact her persuit of this idea destroyed her career (we can proably conclude that Oh made sure that Raffi, and anyone else who made these claims would be dismissed and happily ruined their careers when possiable)

    keep in mind that this isn't the first time androids went rogue eaither, Lore resulted in colonies being destroyed IIRC. and even Data on occasion would prove to be a problem, (didn't he hijack the enterprise once?)

    The Federation doesn't care why the Synth rebelled. Just ban all synths and sweep it under the rug instead of trying to figure out whether the synths intentionally rebelled or were compromised. Whoever is in charge of the Federation and Starfleet are extremely incompetent or corrupt for not trying to figure out why the synths rebelled.


    No one does an investigation or it gets squashed/kept secret, but no one in the entire Federation thinks that's BS and questions it, pushes for a real investigation? That is obvious corruption there.
    We know the Romulans were actually behind the Mars attack, which means so far Synths have been harmless until someone hacks them or whatever.

    Yes we know this. The Federation does not. Sure Raffi was suspecting something from day one, but she had no evidance, the idea of the Romulans deliberatly TRIBBLE themselves was deemed by everyone as as absurd in fact her persuit of this idea destroyed her career (we can proably conclude that Oh made sure that Raffi, and anyone else who made these claims would be dismissed and happily ruined their careers when possiable)

    keep in mind that this isn't the first time androids went rogue eaither, Lore resulted in colonies being destroyed IIRC. and even Data on occasion would prove to be a problem, (didn't he hijack the enterprise once?)

    No, this is the first time non-sentient androids went rogue. Lore and Data were deliberately created to be capable of independent thought, but everything we saw of the Mars androids is that they are just advanced toasters, which is a serious problem with this plot.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    people tend to over react to crisis and tragedy. that is human nature.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 3,652 Arc User
    Yes but it is every officer's duty to question their orders if they think something is fishy about them. Orders instructing a captain to murder a woman and a child for no apparent reason, who are no apparent threat should have every Starfleet captain's spidey sense going off.

    By contrasts, your examples show us something different. Scotty knows his captain and others are being held hostage in one example. And Kirk has to contend with the obvious threat of dangerous parasites in the other example. Picard knew how dangerous the Borg were and instead treated them like any other civilization that just needed a nudge to change rather than the existential threat they were, and its fair to say he regrets that decision when First Contact comes around.

    Yes, Starfleet at large doesn't know the Romulans did it. They don't know anyone did it. They know only that some androids went haywire and now they are banned. They don't have a reason to murder other Non-Federation androids if they even knew they were androids.

    If I'm not mistaken, the Captain DID question it and was told if he disobeyed, the ship would be destroyed with all hands. <-- And that's EXEACTLY like the Talos IV situation from TOS S1 - "The Menagerie" that I quoted:
    KIRK: What every ship Captain knows. General Order 7, no vessel under any condition, emergency or otherwise, is to visit Talos Four.

    MENDEZ: And to do so is the only death penalty left on our books. Only Fleet Command knows why. Not even this file explains that. (unlocks the magnetic strip) But it does name the only Earth ship that ever visited the planet.

    So, yes, the order was given, Captain Vandermir questioned why, and was told if he didn't carry it out his entire ship and crew along withe the two 'Ambassadors' would be destroyed. So, yeah, sorry, Star Fleet in STP isn't any different back then than it is now in STP - there are orders given and the reason is: "Because we believe it's something so dangerous, we can't allow further contact, or word of said contact to get out."

    And yes, obviously it weighed heavily enough on Captain Vandermir that, in the end (and Rios feels maybe he too did something by pressing the Captain on the fact Vandermir carried out the directive); the Captain committed suicide. That said, I believe there are many Captains who wouldn't have a problem at all, and would carry out the order. Examples include TNG era Captain Edward Jellico; and Admiral Pressman (if a situation occurred back when he was a Captain - and hell, Ensign Riker may still have gone along with it at the time too. ;)).

    But in the end, Star Fleet as depicted in STP is really no different than Star Fleet as depicted in TOS or during the TNG era. Directives like this have always existed, been questioned, and ultimately been carried out, one way or another.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 2,932 Arc User
    What if the message wasn’t met for life forms but for synthetic life and this is why the Romulans go crazy after viewing it because it wasn’t meant for their brains?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,230 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    We know the Romulans were actually behind the Mars attack, which means so far Synths have been harmless until someone hacks them or whatever.
    Yes we know this. The Federation does not. Sure Raffi was suspecting something from day one, but she had no evidance, the idea of the Romulans deliberatly TRIBBLE themselves was deemed by everyone as as absurd in fact her persuit of this idea destroyed her career (we can proably conclude that Oh made sure that Raffi, and anyone else who made these claims would be dismissed and happily ruined their careers when possiable)

    keep in mind that this isn't the first time androids went rogue eaither, Lore resulted in colonies being destroyed IIRC. and even Data on occasion would prove to be a problem, (didn't he hijack the enterprise once?)

    The Federation doesn't care why the Synth rebelled. Just ban all synths and sweep it under the rug instead of trying to figure out whether the synths intentionally rebelled or were compromised. Whoever is in charge of the Federation and Starfleet are extremely incompetent or corrupt for not trying to figure out why the synths rebelled.
    I'm sure the federation did an offical investigation, but as head of starfleet security Oh would have been in charge of the investigation, and would have likely ensured the findings enchouraged a research ban
    I feel the need to point out this is the same Federation that banned Protomatter, Omega, and suppressed knowledge of parallel universes(in general not just Mirror). It's also the same Federation that buried knowledge of the phasing cloak.

    Omega's a big deal actually. A Federation research station was destroyed in an Omega blast and the Federation lied to the ENTIRE GALAXY about why that region of space is messed up.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,230 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    What if the message wasn’t met for life forms but for synthetic life and this is why the Romulans go crazy after viewing it because it wasn’t meant for their brains?
    Or maybe some other non humanoid? We know some races have very different thought patterns than your average humanoid.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    Yes but it is every officer's duty to question their orders if they think something is fishy about them. Orders instructing a captain to murder a woman and a child for no apparent reason, who are no apparent threat should have every Starfleet captain's spidey sense going off.

    By contrasts, your examples show us something different. Scotty knows his captain and others are being held hostage in one example. And Kirk has to contend with the obvious threat of dangerous parasites in the other example. Picard knew how dangerous the Borg were and instead treated them like any other civilization that just needed a nudge to change rather than the existential threat they were, and its fair to say he regrets that decision when First Contact comes around.

    Yes, Starfleet at large doesn't know the Romulans did it. They don't know anyone did it. They know only that some androids went haywire and now they are banned. They don't have a reason to murder other Non-Federation androids if they even knew they were androids.

    If I'm not mistaken, the Captain DID question it and was told if he disobeyed, the ship would be destroyed with all hands. <-- And that's EXEACTLY like the Talos IV situation from TOS S1 - "The Menagerie" that I quoted:
    KIRK: What every ship Captain knows. General Order 7, no vessel under any condition, emergency or otherwise, is to visit Talos Four.

    MENDEZ: And to do so is the only death penalty left on our books. Only Fleet Command knows why. Not even this file explains that. (unlocks the magnetic strip) But it does name the only Earth ship that ever visited the planet.

    So, yes, the order was given, Captain Vandermir questioned why, and was told if he didn't carry it out his entire ship and crew along withe the two 'Ambassadors' would be destroyed. So, yeah, sorry, Star Fleet in STP isn't any different back then than it is now in STP - there are orders given and the reason is: "Because we believe it's something so dangerous, we can't allow further contact, or word of said contact to get out."

    And yes, obviously it weighed heavily enough on Captain Vandermir that, in the end (and Rios feels maybe he too did something by pressing the Captain on the fact Vandermir carried out the directive); the Captain committed suicide. That said, I believe there are many Captains who wouldn't have a problem at all, and would carry out the order. Examples include TNG era Captain Edward Jellico; and Admiral Pressman (if a situation occurred back when he was a Captain - and hell, Ensign Riker may still have gone along with it at the time too. ;)).

    But in the end, Star Fleet as depicted in STP is really no different than Star Fleet as depicted in TOS or during the TNG era. Directives like this have always existed, been questioned, and ultimately been carried out, one way or another.


    I disagree that Talos 4 is remotely the same as murdering innocents. One is prohibition on taking an action vs. being demanded to take an action.

    We also have zero accountability here, no satisfying outcome to the moral quandry, unlike say the Pegasus incident where court martials take place. The audience is aware of the problems with the Federation having that cloak, and Starfleet ultimately does the moral thing, and deals with bad apples like Pressman.
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Member Posts: 35,775 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    What if the message wasn’t met for life forms but for synthetic life and this is why the Romulans go crazy after viewing it because it wasn’t meant for their brains?

    either you are a damn lucky guesser or you saw today's episode early, because that's exactly what they implied in act two​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

    RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

    blacklivesmatter.png

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

    "Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 2,450 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    What if the message wasn’t met for life forms but for synthetic life and this is why the Romulans go crazy after viewing it because it wasn’t meant for their brains?

    either you are a damn lucky guesser or you saw today's episode early, because that's exactly what they implied in act two​​

    Actually that is just the most likely progression of the plot, they seem to be going right down the list of old sci-fi standards.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 877 Arc User
    And here after the Romulans found that Prothean beacon I didn't think things could get more Mass Effect but here we are.

    What a thrill ride this series has been, the finale of season 1 is sure to be a treat. It's been a rocky road of ups and downs but personally I feel this is the best Trek we've had since 2001. I do like ENT and DSC but they dont match the TNG, VOY and especially DS9 quality for me. PIC does.

    It helps that I love all things Romulan so that final shot with Oh in her fabulous outfit that needs ti make it in game was just bliss for me.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 2,932 Arc User
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > either you are a damn lucky guesser or you saw today's episode early, because that's exactly what they implied in act two​​

    I smiled when I saw that. I better go play the numbers.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    definatly eager to see how this goes. it looks from the finalle preview that Nerrak finally has his "heel face turn" moment
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 3,652 Arc User
    We also have zero accountability here, no satisfying outcome to the moral quandry, unlike say the Pegasus incident where court martials take place. The audience is aware of the problems with the Federation having that cloak, and Starfleet ultimately does the moral thing, and deals with bad apples like Pressman.

    We (the audience) were NEVER SHOWN that any court martials took place. It was implied that they would but Pressmen's last words to Picard as he was being taken away was:

    PRESSMAN: "I have a lot of friends at Starfleet Command, Captain."

    So, yes, we know he was arrested by Picard and Co. and delivered back to Star Fleet Command. We do not know IF he was actually court martialed or what the actual response from, or if any further diplomatic negotiations between the Feds and Romulan Empire took place. It was never mentioned as a prologue , or in any subsequent episode.

    STP has one episode left (And I haven't had a chance to see Ep. 9) yet; so we MAY or may not see Commodore Oh 'pay' for that Black Flag order. Captain Vandermir DID pay in that he was so distraught over the situation, he committed suicide to atone.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    Episode 9 shows us Commadore Oh on the bridge of the ROMULAN command ship so I suspect after this.. there's no going back. even if she survives she's going to be exposed. which suggests to me that the Zhat Vash belive, accurately or not, that they've done all they need to do and this is the "big step" which means when they, inevitably lose, it'll be a big loss for them.
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Member Posts: 35,775 Arc User
    hopefully WITHOUT the synths going full skynet like they're currently planning to do​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

    RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

    blacklivesmatter.png

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

    "Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 463 Arc User
    That's quite a fleet for a species of desperate refugees...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,231 Arc User
    And to the previous point about General Order 7, it states that no one should ever vist there again, but the recommendation was that no HUMAN should ever visit it again, big difference. And if you read the Order, it says nothing about any sort of death penalty.

    That's an awful lot of Romulan Ships for a race that underwent such a catastrophe just 14 years before.

    Since Discovery Season 2 ended with an epic space battle, we'll be getting one here as well. Probably with the Federation DS12 Task Force showing up. Throw in some Orchids, add a Borg Cube and voila.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Member Posts: 35,775 Arc User
    the cube is smashed into billions of various size pieces on the surface of the synth homeworld...no amount of regeneration is going to make that thing fly again​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

    RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

    blacklivesmatter.png

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

    "Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    well the romulus disaster wouldn't have impacted the romulan FLEET at all
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Member Posts: 35,775 Arc User
    100% - unless they do more with control first; or they do both at the same time since both control and this skynet empire have the same goal - extermination of organic life​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

    RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

    blacklivesmatter.png

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

    "Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,460 Arc User
    So we now have telepathic androids. It seems like they took a bit of the Asimov novels with the telepathic android and from one of the Shatnerverse novels if I remember correctly with a non-Vulcan performing a mind meld. It has been over 15 years since I have read a Shatnerverse novel.

    It will be interesting to see if that Synthetic Federation still exists after hundreds of thousands of years ago.
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Member Posts: 35,775 Arc User
    why wouldn't it? they said in the episode it was 'beyond time and space', so it couldn't have been wiped out by any outside force, and destruction by in-fighting is unlikely...because what do they have to fight about? they're robots​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

    RIP Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks & Calvin Munerlyn

    blacklivesmatter.png

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."

    "Curiosity is bad! It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed...and more importantly, it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 14,243 Arc User
    Disappointed that, by all accounts, it appears Starfleet won't be involved in any of this.


  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 10,338 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Disappointed that, by all accounts, it appears Starfleet won't be involved in any of this.

    Wasn't a key component of the show that Starfleet will not play a prominent part?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 14,243 Arc User
    > @angrytarg said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Wasn't a key component of the show that Starfleet will not play a prominent part?​​

    Yeah - but find it hard to believe they'd be no-where to be seen when a galaxy-spanning threat has presented itself.


  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 2,450 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    > @angrytarg said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Wasn't a key component of the show that Starfleet will not play a prominent part?​​

    Yeah - but find it hard to believe they'd be no-where to be seen when a galaxy-spanning threat has presented itself.

    To be fair, Paramount put the heroes and the the ship on a pedestal in TMP and it has been getting more "epic hero" style ever since. In the sloppy current plotting state all that matters is the main cast and the current villains, everything else is irrelevant because it is written in a sort of plot vacuum.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    starfleet as a fleet arriving to deal with threats was never all that common, useally it was just one ship dealing with a problem.

    as it was we know Clancy was sending a Squadron, that would have been tops, a dozen ships. they'd not really be eneugh to manage agaisnt the 200 some odd romulan ships, so a military solution IMHO isn't going to be the solution to this crisis.
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Hay I just saw Part 1 of the Season final for Star Trek Picard and holy TRIBBLE Baskets It is Really Good and it got me thinking about V'ger that's right V'ger. Why you ask there could be a Star Trek Motion Picture connection well here is why! In the movie we Captain Kirk Will Daker McCoy and Spock enter V'ger's Chamber and Discover it is Voyager 6 and they realized Voyager 6 may have fallen through a Worm Hole or in this case a Borg Trans Warp Conduit and fallen Millions of Light years to a Machine world Covered with Synthetics the Same Synths that Dr Soong's Synths are gonna Call to help with the Romulan problem. Also these could be the same Synths that made Voyagers vessel and sent it on its away home with there information. and Their Way of thinking; and they also could be the same alliance of Synthetics that Destroyed the once Iconan Empire since its in the same time frame. What you think.
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Nah, it'll be Control, I just know it...
    What this game needs is a T6 Oberth Class!
Sign In or Register to comment.