test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Admirality change no more 30k Dillithium....

Comments

• Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »
    swamarian wrote: »
    ...I'm curious. For people who've been doing admiralty daily, how much unrefined dilithium do you have? I stopped regularly doing admiralty about a year ago, because my backlog was in the hundreds of thousands, and I just didn't see the point...

The amount of unrefined ore can be misleading though. Yes I do admiralty every time I log on (pretty much daily) on my six characters (Fed, KDF, Rommie, Delta, Temporal, Gamma) but until the change I had always focused on the Romulan campaign because of the backlogs of that ore that I couldn't use. Hundreds of thousands? Try millions. The newer Temporal/Gamma recruits are sitting on 2 million ore each and the older ones are sitting on 5 million each.

Soloing a starbase eats up everything I can refine though so I never have any refined to spend on personal things like upgrades. That's why I focused on the Romulan campaign. With this change my solo KDF fleet characters will now focus on the Klingon campaign. It won't be a huge help since the colony is a killer that'll take years to complete regardless but they'll take whatever they can get.
    Why didn't you just spread that ore among more characters? It'll take you a year and a half to refine all that on one. The only time my ore climbed above five figures on a single toon was upon collecting the rewards from completing multiple reps simultaneously on my newest character, took her a couple of months to chew through all that.

While all of my 12 characters have a role in bringing in the dil, they're all unique individuals and represent every combination of career and faction, between them representing all six main energy types. The flipside of that is that mastering any new ship is always onerous! :D
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    If they hadn't been so lazy with the Ferengi Campaign and just copy/pasted the KDF 10 of 10, they wouldn't have to walk behind the elephant with the big shovels.

lol I remember that little cartoon at the end of a show but cannot remember the show lol.

I believe that it was Rocky & Bullwinkle.

I'm curious. For people who've been doing admiralty daily, how much unrefined dilithium do you have? I stopped regularly doing admiralty about a year ago, because my backlog was in the hundreds of thousands, and I just didn't see the point. I'm still working through it, although I haven't played every character every day.
    (I started up again with the Admiralty change, and those KDF vouchers are sweet. I'd also forgotten how much ec you get off of admiralty. All of a sudden all of my characters are multi-millionaires.)

I think you're correct, in it being that show. Thanks.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Something that's been brought to my attention here.

I've been informed that the bonus pool from the Ferengi 10/10 ToD expires after 5 days. I have not tested this. Nor can I say if it is intentional or a bug. I know there are some in here that will want to test this out.

I've already advised the one that brought it to my attention to drop a bug report about it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    ...I'm curious. For people who've been doing admiralty daily, how much unrefined dilithium do you have? I stopped regularly doing admiralty about a year ago, because my backlog was in the hundreds of thousands, and I just didn't see the point...

The amount of unrefined ore can be misleading though. Yes I do admiralty every time I log on (pretty much daily) on my six characters (Fed, KDF, Rommie, Delta, Temporal, Gamma) but until the change I had always focused on the Romulan campaign because of the backlogs of that ore that I couldn't use. Hundreds of thousands? Try millions. The newer Temporal/Gamma recruits are sitting on 2 million ore each and the older ones are sitting on 5 million each.

Soloing a starbase eats up everything I can refine though so I never have any refined to spend on personal things like upgrades. That's why I focused on the Romulan campaign. With this change my solo KDF fleet characters will now focus on the Klingon campaign. It won't be a huge help since the colony is a killer that'll take years to complete regardless but they'll take whatever they can get.
    Why didn't you just spread that ore among more characters? It'll take you a year and a half to refine all that on one. The only time my ore climbed above five figures on a single toon was upon collecting the rewards from completing multiple reps simultaneously on my newest character, took her a couple of months to chew through all that.

While all of my 12 characters have a role in bringing in the dil, they're all unique individuals and represent every combination of career and faction, between them representing all six main energy types. The flipside of that is that mastering any new ship is always onerous! :D

Six characters is more than enough for me, tyvm. I'm actually dreading another new recruitment event that would bump that number up to seven. And I doubt that raw ore will ever get refined considering that even more will be coming in by just playing the game.
  • Options
    kavolkavol Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    > @trennan said:
    > Something that's been brought to my attention here.
    >
    > I've been informed that the bonus pool from the Ferengi 10/10 ToD expires after 5 days. I have not tested this. Nor can I say if it is intentional or a bug. I know there are some in here that will want to test this out.
    >
    > I've already advised the one that brought it to my attention to drop a bug report about it.

I truly hope that is not the case, or a bug. :/
    sto-large.jpg
  • Options
    kavol wrote: »
    > @trennan said:
    > Something that's been brought to my attention here.
    >
    > I've been informed that the bonus pool from the Ferengi 10/10 ToD expires after 5 days. I have not tested this. Nor can I say if it is intentional or a bug. I know there are some in here that will want to test this out.
    >
    > I've already advised the one that brought it to my attention to drop a bug report about it.

I truly hope that is not the case, or a bug. :/

I'm hoping for it being a bug as well. I would test this, but given the time frame of the ToD. I can safely assume that my closest character to this might be at 7/10. Which means a minimum of 12 days to see if it does expire.

I hate to ask people to waste this in testing. But I know there are those here that are closer, or right on top of getting the 10/10.

Again, given the time frame. That's 10 days to get said ToD, and 5 days to see if it expires. This means one person can test it twice a month per character.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

I've been informed that the bonus pool from the Ferengi 10/10 ToD expires after 5 days. I have not tested this. Nor can I say if it is intentional or a bug. I know there are some in here that will want to test this out.

I've already advised the one that brought it to my attention to drop a bug report about it.

If this turns out to be true, it would be grounds for a rant, the likes of which this world has never seen. So, to keep my sanity, I'm going with this being just a bug.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Six characters is more than enough for me, tyvm. I'm actually dreading another new recruitment event that would bump that number up to seven. And I doubt that raw ore will ever get refined considering that even more will be coming in by just playing the game.

I agree 100%.

If we’d play a game with fixed rules things would be different but especially considering what a radical rule change we currently witness with the Admiralty system I'm grateful for every “you need more pillars” advise I did not follow over the years.

The fact that I need a couple of years to refine the Dil reserves I have on my toon gang helps me to completely ignore the changes we see now. For me it was always on my mind that such a nerf would come sooner or later.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    leoanimaleoanima Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    How using the admiralty system really worked, at least in my case.

The amount of dilithium didn't really balloon with the Ferengi admiralty, it occured when a starting character was immediately able to do admiralty mission (jem'hadar). Prior to that it took either a large time investment or a ton of EC to level a character into the range to do admiralty missions. Speaking as one of the folks that has dropped ~2k usd on this game (this was over years of play not instantly), and has over 50 characters, my jaw hit the floor when that continued after the initial event.

Previous to having that, having a level 60 character took a minimum of ~ 30 minutes to an hour played to get to level 11 and unlock the duty officer missions, from there it was either doing doff missions to level them up to do Admiralty (very long method, but next to no EC costs), or (at today's prices) drop around 50 million EC on lock box missions (obviously a lot less on double exp weekends), and already have the proper doffs to give the best chance to crit on those missions (the initial investment on EC for that was more like 1 billion), and with around 30 minutes to an hour of time played, have them capped on level in the same day they're made. Personally I added one character are a time, over the course of years to get to around 26 characters, it was a long slow process, tedious process (because I didn't have the EC to drop on fast leveling them).

Enter Jem'hadar; my character amount ballooned by another 30ish, the reason was simple - the time investment was a fraction of what was previously needed, for a Zero EC cost, a max level character without spending any EC to do the fast method. I'm sure I'm not the only person that saw this.

Why would I do this? My reason for playing STO is the long term goal of having both a Fed and KDF fleet that are both capped. Yes, I fly missions occasionally (very occasionally), but it's not my focus and hasn't been for years.

However, since it's over 240k dilithium a day on colony projects (per fleet), and around 450 duty officers a day (per fleet) for starbase projects alone, it gets pretty spendy, that doesn't even include the EC costs. I've got 50+ characters because I committed to myself and others to do that, fleet com characters did the dilithium contributions to get the fleet credit gets used to buy doffs for the projects (and the special replicator provisions for the various holdings).

Our members - they got to contribute the expertise and Fleet marks to play the way they wanted, I contributed the resources that are harder to acquire when your play style is fly missions and make things go boom. This meant moving dil onto the fleet com characters, for centralizing the point of distribution so they earned fleet credit to purchase doffs from the starbase to feed projects.

The real issue is not, and was not the dilithium from the admiralty system, it was having characters that had the ability to access that with system with less than 1 hour played, and not a single EC spent to do it. And as that hasn't changed, this is just a delay while folks re-tool to the new paradigm.

If cryptic wants to actually make a meaningful lasting change to the dilithium on the market, when the event isn't running, Jem'hadar characters should have to level like every other character.

Personally? I don't care so much about the dilithium, but I do want the fleet vouchers from KDF admiralty to tradable between characters on the same account so they can be moved around to whichever character / fleet needs them; without having to bloat a fleet roster with alt's.
  • Options

If this is intended that is a shame since Cryptic, & their people, went out of their way to omit mentioning that pertinent informative tidbit. I wouldn't be surprised much but disappointed. I think more than likely, fingers crossed, it is a bug/glitch, or an unintentional mishap byproduct from all of the change/nerf.
  • Options

If this is intended that is a shame since Cryptic, & their people, went out of their way to omit mentioning that pertinent informative tidbit. I wouldn't be surprised much but disappointed. I think more than likely, fingers crossed, it is a bug/glitch, or an unintentional mishap byproduct from all of the change/nerf.

Blog clearly says "After you complete a Ferengi Tour of Duty, you’ll receive bonus Dilithium each time you are rewarded Dilithium in the game, until the bonus pool is depleted." There's nothing in there about it needing to be done within a week. And if it's true, then there's not enough voltage in this world to electroshock me back into coherence!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    Considering the pool is a 30k bonus dispensed at 50%.... if you are earning an average of 12k (non-bonus) dilithium per day (which is not unreasonably high, especially considering the Admiralty event bonus ALONE could be giving you 5-10k per day right now, depending on admiralty strategy and habits) you would run out of the bonus pool in five days. Maybe that's where the person got the idea.

And that scenario would be perfectly acceptable, of course. :) And that's probably what's going on, as it has the ring of logic to it (whereas the other thing would be insane).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,539 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    No other pool expires like that so I highly doubt that the developers would go through the extra work of creating an expiring pool just for this.

90% chance - they used up the pool faster than they expected, and they got all of the dil.

9% chance - rumor spread intentionally by someone angry with the nerf

1% chance - bug
  • Options
    Considering the pool is a 30k bonus dispensed at 50%.... if you are earning an average of 12k (non-bonus) dilithium per day (which is not unreasonably high, especially considering the Admiralty event bonus ALONE could be giving you 5-10k per day right now, depending on admiralty strategy and habits) you would run out of the bonus pool in five days. Maybe that's where the person got the idea.
    No other pool expires like that so I highly doubt that the developers would go through the extra work of creating an expiring pool just for this.

90% chance - they used up the pool faster than they expected, and they got all of the dil.

1% chance - bug

Agree as well, this just doesn't make sense, to me at least, no other bonus pools act that way. Could I see this happening, sadly yes. Do I think it's happening, if it is, intentionally, no. Possible? Yes. Probable? No. I'd switch the 9% & the 1% results myself & think the 90% is probably closer to 95%. Then again, recently I spent a good two or three minutes just staring at my Inventory closing-in on freaking out when I couldn't find a Reputation item I just bought & couldn't find since it had replaced my last remaining trinkets for that Reputation. I laughed afterwards, but dang that anxiety & over something like that.
  • Options
    darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I got one bonus pool on first day, and two on second day. Have a total of 250 bonus pool left, over those three characters, just from admiralty (largely due to event).
  • Options
    I mean I get they could be using it faster than they expect. Which I why I brought it up here. I'm far enough out in my adms to where it would take at least two weeks for me to get it and then to let it sit to see.

Then again I haven't logged in, in two weeks. So there is that.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2020

1% chance - bug

Completely agree. Imagine the number of people that this would be happening to right now. And imagine how many of them would be angrily commenting on this if it were actually happening.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    macflickmacflick Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    laughinxan wrote: »
    > (Quote)
    >
    > you think we're just stupid click cattle?
    >
    > Yes supply and demand, not socialist dictatorship planned economy.
    > content = demand // dili = supply
    >
    > The big dili farmers are not selling anything since the price has gone up to over 400. Well, the ones with 50 chars, they puked when it hit 500.
    > Actually, they're all turning on the admiralty again. They're hoping for 300.
    > I don't understand why people aren't getting excited about 500 caps.
    > Why not let the big farms do the work for you and buy the dili for cheap? You small and medium sized players will be fooled because you have to buy artificially overpriced dili. Do something better with your time than farming Dili for nothing. For example, learn the game and Misson's mechanics, 90 percent can't even do that.
    > Think about how much money and time it took to equip 50 chars with stuff to start farming.
    >
    > Everybody is always jealous of those who made it to this point and they don't respect the work to get there. I respect that and I didn't do it because it is too much work for me.
    > Because I want to have fun.
    >
    > Oh, and try to pull Fleetdili up from KDF to FED.
    >
    > just ask what is better 120k dili / day for 500 to sell or 80k for 300 or even 250... dream
    >
    >
    > Edit: thanks to the higth DPS'er who dragged me through the TFO with my TRIBBLE chars. Sorry but until recently my dili always ended up in the fleet or was reinvested in the admiralty.

Dilithium and zen are reserve currencies. Reserve currencies are generally setup to remain around a baseline value and never stray from that very far. Its done to prevent energy credit Hyper Inflation.

Again, to many people are not paying attention to that or reading basic economics. And cryptic needs free players. With absolutely no free players as coming in even whales see a dying community and leave.

An extreme dil to zen ratio would make free players feel very hopeless especially with the difficulty curve on hitting 60 for them. With no way to advance within reason from horrible dil exchange they are far more likely to leave early.

But they forget the most elementary rule of all economic cycles. "demand"
    The demand for Zen is high but no one needs Dili anymore.
    And instead of generating new demand, they harass the free players.
    And the Dili/Zen price is not due to too much generated Dili by a bug, as in the beginning of the Fundry. It was caused by a lack of content for two years.
    Dili is just time saving for me but 300-500k Dili for 10 dollars. nop
    Think about it, if I buy a game for 10 dollars I have on average 20-100 hours of fun.
    300k dili I make in 5h. (and there I am not even the most effective)
    And in free economic cycles, the one who works most effectively is always ahead.
    And basically, Cryptic has also, with every nerf (and there have been many) of my equipment, invalidated the dili and the work that was put into it.

• Options
    macflickmacflick Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    leoanima wrote: »
    How using the admiralty system really worked, at least in my case.

Personally? I don't care so much about the dilithium, but I do want the fleet vouchers from KDF admiralty to tradable between characters on the same account so they can be moved around to whichever character / fleet needs them; without having to bloat a fleet roster with alt's.

Yeah, it's the only way I can sign.

The colony was the only reason I even started with the Admiralty.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I mean I get they could be using it faster than they expect. Which I why I brought it up here. I'm far enough out in my adms to where it would take at least two weeks for me to get it and then to let it sit to see.

Then again I haven't logged in, in two weeks. So there is that.

Actually, all-in-all, turns out this is actually good news. :) I was assuming Cryptic had set the pool to a very slow drain-per-mission rate (like your Ore deposits, guaranteed to never realistically be fully drained). But if those vouchers really are depleted within a week, just from playing missions, then it's really not as bad as I intitially thought.

Next on The Oreville: Klink Dilithium turns out to work out for the best as well. :p
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    i think you are all partially wrong here. personally i don't like the changes but it took 11 days to make 60k dil sometimes 12. you can refine more than that in that time frame. you can go down to dyson and make 12k in an hour between marks and tokens and missions. yeah it sucks to be doing it daily. you can run a patrol and make 1k in 10 min. I used to run adm on 2 toons just to have a steady supply of dil comming in but i could always refine more than i could make just doing adm. maybe your all just upset because you can't spend as much time in chat trolling while earning dil.
  • Options
    cyther77cyther77 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Serious nerf - me not like :(
    On the other hand - maybe this will save the dilithium-Zen exchange from crash… maybe.
    The Ferengi one isn't really a Nerf unless ALL you do is play the Admiralty and nothing else. You'll STILL eventually get the 30K dil - just not as a direct reward; you need to play OTHER content that rewards Dil, and it's then rewarded out as Bonus Dil over time. It's just a change, not a nerf.

I don't have 100 toons, but I do have like 30 most of which do admiralty, I'm going to HATE to do STF's just to get my dil, that's work, not fun. I don't like doing stf's, I just have done them for the rewards. Plus, it takes a long time anyway to get through all 10 with lots of toons, I'd rather they just had it give out less dil/have the campaign chain missions take longer to complete, like they did with contraband, contraband turn in's are still decent if you can get a lot of them, maybe contraband farming is what I'm going to do more of.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I don't have 100 toons, but I do have like 30 most of which do admiralty, I'm going to HATE to do STF's just to get my dil, that's work, not fun. I don't like doing stf's, I just have done them for the rewards. Plus, it takes a long time anyway to get through all 10 with lots of toons, I'd rather they just had it give out less dil/have the campaign chain missions take longer to complete, like they did with contraband, contraband turn in's are still decent if you can get a lot of them, maybe contraband farming is what I'm going to do more of.

Also to note: only the TOD reward was changed. The other Admiralty assignments still reward dilithium.

Yep, I suppose for most this will be the main reason to keep on using the system. The outcome here is not bad at all. In adition to that the dil one gets for max skill point toons every time one reaches one more additional level.

Does anybody know if the new “more Dil tokens” we get for Fereni 10/10 are “used” by the dil we get out of regular Admiralty assignments?
    animated.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    xxtakunixx wrote: »
    i think you are all partially wrong here. personally i don't like the changes but it took 11 days to make 60k dil sometimes 12. you can refine more than that in that time frame. you can go down to dyson and make 12k in an hour between marks and tokens and missions. yeah it sucks to be doing it daily. you can run a patrol and make 1k in 10 min. I used to run adm on 2 toons just to have a steady supply of dil comming in but i could always refine more than i could make just doing adm. maybe your all just upset because you can't spend as much time in chat trolling while earning dil.

I agree here. From the first looks at the moment the change only seems to impact those heavily who overstressed the system by using additional farmer toons to supply their account.

For those who only used it for their respective characters in development the change is far less impactful. I did not pay that much attention but it feels like I’m still getting like 4k dil on an average out of every admiralty cycle I do per char. Ad 2k from doffing there and it does not leave that much to earn elsewhere to reach the daily limit. It also does not even include the option to simply aim for 2 cycles every day. Something farmer characters could also easily do. Those peeps can still reach the daily limit without problems, they just need to farm a bit harder now.

All in all the whole change is no reason to be upset or threaten to leave. If such a thing is too hard for some to swallow I wonder how much enthusiasm I can even expect from any of them if I end up with them in a PvE map. Or in short, I don’t even know if the game needs such players around. :/

animated.gif
  • Options
    thelematikerthelematiker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Does anybody know if the new “more Dil tokens” we get for Fereni 10/10 are “used” by the dil we get out of regular Admiralty assignments?

Every bit of Dil you earn gets the Bonus. Had one on a Toon, played a bit got down to 22k something. After that I just logged in and did Admiralty / Doff and now I´m at 12k something. I haven´t tested if Mark exchange counts too.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Every bit of Dil you earn gets the Bonus. Had one on a Toon, played a bit got down to 22k something. After that I just logged in and did Admiralty / Doff and now I´m at 12k something. I haven´t tested if Mark exchange counts too.

Mark exchange counts. (I got the bonus on that while having that dilitium pool)
    -Or at least it counted before previous patch. (just adding because there were some undocumented changes on last patch so I don't know 100%)

Though, had recently some other issue with admiralty system since last patch - 2.5k dilitium for a tour gone (no idea if intended, but no incentive for the chars to do Rom/Fed tracks anymore after they have maxed. update: I saw a poster saying the 2.5k was only there for an event, which was over.) and I did a 8/10 tour mission with "success" (tours, not track xp level/tier/stage related) on a KDF Jem's recruit char and still at 8/10. (update: MY mistake, sorry! I mixed up here. they were correct. Also had some visual issue regarding a mission's icon and details, an issue which cleared eventually. I have no screenshot and no exact details and can't report, so just commenting.

P.S. to be back to thread's topic, I do like the klingon's 10/10 reward.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options

Nice, thank you. :)
    animated.gif
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    The 2.5k Dilitium Bonus for completion of a ToD Assignment was for the Event only. It stated in the Initial News Blog that there would be a Bonus per ToD during the Event, it did not, however, state that the Bonus was 2.5k.

https://youtu.be/03QuygM0YB8
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.