test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rejoin the Jem'hadar Recruits!

Comments

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I hope the 'Bug ship/scarab' is the T5/6 veteran Heavy Destroyer (or equivalent).
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    I'm of the same, seems like the majority, sentiment in liking this event reran. This is great & appreciated for players that have missed-out on the previous Gamma recruitment event.

So where's a 23rd century Temporal Agent recruitment event rerun??? Come on Cryptic try to help out players that missed-out on that event too. Having these recruitment events run like once a year or every two years can only help.

I think worse-case could be just rename the dang event, maybe expand it to all Fed characters, not just the 23rd century, or even open it up to all factions. If there are any goals to be completed within any specific 23rd century missions just have them auto-complete.

Cryptic never did do the Discovery recruitment event with proper acknowledgement & earned rewards so maybe relabel & stick the same rewards of the Temporal Agent recruitment for the new Discovery season or the new Picard series.

Um, that's exactly why they haven't rerun it yet. Sticking a new coat of paint on it isn't possible.

They said they didn't want to rerun recruitment events again unless all factions could benefit, and Temporal, in particular, is tightly coupled with the TOS fed faction, and changing it isn't trivial. Delta is not as bad to rerun, since it already integrates with all factions, except Jem. I suppose the LTS expansion is why they've made an exception to that statement now.

Worst cast, in this scenario is just re-runing it with TOS faction only. "Ok" case would be opening it up to at least all Fed factions (or DSC at least), and best case is opening to everyone.
    "Best case" I doubt will ever happen, though the "Ok" case could. I imagine it's less work to port it to DSC and/or regular Fed than also port to Rom and KDF, though I could be wrong.

That said, I do agree with you that we need it re-run, as I mentioned earlier. :)

Perhaps the simplest method would be then besides just rerunning the event, if Cryptic really wants to nix the Temporal recruit event for it's exclusivity, is select any unique rewards that could be earned from it & transfer those to the recruit events that Cryptic does deem worthy. I'm not sure what those rewards would be, since I don't have a Temporal recruit, but after briefly researching I think they're:

the Superior versions of the Specialization Traits, the Starship Traits of Critical Systems & the Improved version, the +20% exp from Admiralty, the something about Rep items being Epic quality at Mk XIII (which is a definite nice quality of life improvement), the Epic DOFF Barrett, & the Space Traits of Rapid Support & the Advanced version.

If Cryptic thinks their approach was too narrow in scope for the Temporal event that's understandable. Clearly Cryptic can rerun it, they've just decided so far, not to. So offer the opportunity of those Temporal recruit event unique rewards through another recruit event even if it's themed differently or under a banner of another existing recruit event. Or, & I'm not a fan of this approach since it's P2P but Cryptic likes their exclusivity & money deals so, add them to the LTS benefits list.

I still like Cryptic rerunning this Gamma recruit event though, for players that have missed out, even though I already have a Gamma recruit & there's no big advantage of creating another like in the Delta recruit event circumstances. It seems Cryptic has made strides lately for more inclusive offerings to all players so it's curious to me then when Cryptic takes a step-back on things like the Temporal recruit event & keeping it's rewards exclusive.
  • Options
    b1u73ng31b1u73ng31 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    When are we getting temporal agent recruit event re-run? :( We had delta recruit re-run... Logic dictates that temporal would be next. Temporal is kind of a big deal for new accounts, to get access to mk 13 ultra rare reputation gear.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    b1u73ng31 wrote: »
    When are we getting temporal agent recruit event re-run? :( We had delta recruit re-run... Logic dictates that temporal would be next. Temporal is kind of a big deal for new accounts, to get access to mk 13 ultra rare reputation gear.

The problem from what I've seen stated is that the Temporal Event is tied to making a TOS Federation character, which means that anyone who didn't want a Fed character now has to make one in order to play the event.

the Gamma recruit event is tied to the Jem'hadar, but because the Jem'hadar can align either with Feds or Klingons, it allows strictly Klingon aligned players to still use anything they've purchased on their Jem'hadar characters.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    b1u73ng31 wrote: »

The problem from what I've seen stated is that the Temporal Event is tied to making a TOS Federation character, which means that anyone who didn't want a Fed character now has to make one in order to play the event.

the Gamma recruit event is tied to the Jem'hadar, but because the Jem'hadar can align either with Feds or Klingons, it allows strictly Klingon aligned players to still use anything they've purchased on their Jem'hadar characters.

But that Fed toon they make they can level and gain benefits for other toons.

It's not just that someone might be 'forced' to play Fed, but they have to play a subset of the Federation races.

But that is still no different to me than the Gamma recruits.
    Yeah, sure, I can "ally" with Klingons or the Feds, but I still have to play a Jem'Hadar. I am still limited to that one race and have to play through that content to start.

So they play as a Fed toon. Okay. Won't kill anyone. Won't even hurt. Asking that people play a Jem'Hadar to get all the benefits is no different to me as I had zero interest in ever playing a Jem'Hadar. But it won't hurt me to do so and if I want the benefits it's worth it.

Play through, get the benefits, and then play what you like while enjoying the benefits earned from playing the other things.

So play the TOS Fed toon, level them, get all the benefits, and then go back to playing your Klingon or Romulan or Jem'Hadar or even that other Federation toon that you like more, from whatever timeline.

And it's not like you have to level them within a small window of time.
    All you have to do is get through the early TOS missions and then you are good.

But if someone really hates it? If somehow this upsets someone's all-too-delicate sensibilities then they don't have to participate. They can keep on keeping on with whatever they like.

That's no reason to prevent others from having the option.

• Options
    kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    starswordc wrote: »
    Good, I missed it the first time.

Agreed. Great for players that missed the previous event. I have done all the events (Delta twice) and already unlocked all the rewards, besides don't like Jem'Haddars much, so I'll pass on this one. I would like another Temporal event rerun though, or maybe a brand new Romulan event, after all they can align with feds and klingons
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    They won't be doing KDF or Romulan TOS Recruits. That would mean producing a whole bunch of new Episodes with nothing to sell for them. Plus, Episodes are so yesterday, TFOs are the paridigm of the future.

I already ran all three Events and the Delta with all three (at the time) Factions. The TOS is the best of the lot. For the Delta, I believe I have the Klingon War Arc Account-wide Award to still unlock, all the rest are. Though some of the Characters for Delta may not have completed all their individual Awards.

For the Gamma Recruit, I scr*wed up and didn't realize until six weeks in that I created a regular Jem'Hadar Recruit and not a Vanguard Jem'Hadar Recruit. Additional Reputation to unlock from scratch, Crafting Schools not auto leveled and the like. And so far I only Account Unlocked one of the four Vanguard Ships.

Yeah, no. No new Characters for me unless we get an entirely new Recruiting Drive with the greatest rewards the game has ever seen.

They would have some stuff to sell for them, there are a few TOS Romulan and Klingon ships that are in game but have never been sold in any way. They would need to make some future versions of them though.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They said they didn't want to rerun recruitment events again unless all factions could benefit, and Temporal, in particular, is tightly coupled with the TOS fed faction, and changing it isn't trivial.
    The irony of using that excuse in a thread announcing the rerun of a single-faction event. :expressionless:
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    They said they didn't want to rerun recruitment events again unless all factions could benefit, and Temporal, in particular, is tightly coupled with the TOS fed faction, and changing it isn't trivial.
    The irony of using that excuse in a thread announcing the rerun of a single-faction event. :expressionless:

Yeah, Cryptic presumably only sees 2 factions, but that's pretty ridiculous. Obviously there is Fed and KDF, but Romulans are both and neither. KDF Roms and Fed Roms are both Roms. Just because a Fed Rom can do a lot of Fed stuff doesn't mean they are Feds. And just because a KDF Jem can do KDF stuff doesn't mean they are KDF.

I see 4 factions, not 2, and to me the Gamma recruit event is explicitly a 1 faction event, not different at all from Temporal recruits.

I'm really curious who actually is mad about the Temporal recruit event being one faction, not people who understand the so called logic of it, but people who are really mad they can't play the other 3 factions during the Temporal recruit stuff, yet is totally fine with the Gamma recruit event.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

Yeah, Cryptic presumably only sees 2 factions, but that's pretty ridiculous. Obviously there is Fed and KDF, but Romulans are both and neither. KDF Roms and Fed Roms are both Roms. Just because a Fed Rom can do a lot of Fed stuff doesn't mean they are Feds. And just because a KDF Jem can do KDF stuff doesn't mean they are KDF.

I see 4 factions, not 2, and to me the Gamma recruit event is explicitly a 1 faction event, not different at all from Temporal recruits.

I'm really curious who actually is mad about the Temporal recruit event being one faction, not people who understand the so called logic of it, but people who are really mad they can't play the other 3 factions during the Temporal recruit stuff, yet is totally fine with the Gamma recruit event.

well I'm not exactly mad but not happy that temporal/ToS is fed only when there is little reason they couldn't make a klingon version. jem'hader is by definition jem'hader so is makes sense to be one faction.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I'm glad Cryptic is doing this, even if I'm good with the one from the last run. I'd love to see a temporal recruit re-run, too, as I've missed that when it was around. I don't see a problem that it's only Federation, realizing that's the games' most population anyway. And I am playing KDF with much joy and often...
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I'm of the same, seems like the majority, sentiment in liking this event reran. This is great & appreciated for players that have missed-out on the previous Gamma recruitment event.

So where's a 23rd century Temporal Agent recruitment event rerun??? Come on Cryptic try to help out players that missed-out on that event too. Having these recruitment events run like once a year or every two years can only help.

I think worse-case could be just rename the dang event, maybe expand it to all Fed characters, not just the 23rd century, or even open it up to all factions. If there are any goals to be completed within any specific 23rd century missions just have them auto-complete.

Cryptic never did do the Discovery recruitment event with proper acknowledgement & earned rewards so maybe relabel & stick the same rewards of the Temporal Agent recruitment for the new Discovery season or the new Picard series.

Um, that's exactly why they haven't rerun it yet. Sticking a new coat of paint on it isn't possible.

They said they didn't want to rerun recruitment events again unless all factions could benefit, and Temporal, in particular, is tightly coupled with the TOS fed faction, and changing it isn't trivial. Delta is not as bad to rerun, since it already integrates with all factions, except Jem. I suppose the LTS expansion is why they've made an exception to that statement now.

Worst cast, in this scenario is just re-runing it with TOS faction only. "Ok" case would be opening it up to at least all Fed factions (or DSC at least), and best case is opening to everyone.
    "Best case" I doubt will ever happen, though the "Ok" case could. I imagine it's less work to port it to DSC and/or regular Fed than also port to Rom and KDF, though I could be wrong.

That said, I do agree with you that we need it re-run, as I mentioned earlier. :)

Perhaps the simplest method would be then besides just rerunning the event, if Cryptic really wants to nix the Temporal recruit event for it's exclusivity, is select any unique rewards that could be earned from it & transfer those to the recruit events that Cryptic does deem worthy. I'm not sure what those rewards would be, since I don't have a Temporal recruit, but after briefly researching I think they're:

the Superior versions of the Specialization Traits, the Starship Traits of Critical Systems & the Improved version, the +20% exp from Admiralty, the something about Rep items being Epic quality at Mk XIII (which is a definite nice quality of life improvement), the Epic DOFF Barrett, & the Space Traits of Rapid Support & the Advanced version.

If Cryptic thinks their approach was too narrow in scope for the Temporal event that's understandable. Clearly Cryptic can rerun it, they've just decided so far, not to. So offer the opportunity of those Temporal recruit event unique rewards through another recruit event even if it's themed differently or under a banner of another existing recruit event. Or, & I'm not a fan of this approach since it's P2P but Cryptic likes their exclusivity & money deals so, add them to the LTS benefits list.

I still like Cryptic rerunning this Gamma recruit event though, for players that have missed out, even though I already have a Gamma recruit & there's no big advantage of creating another like in the Delta recruit event circumstances. It seems Cryptic has made strides lately for more inclusive offerings to all players so it's curious to me then when Cryptic takes a step-back on things like the Temporal recruit event & keeping it's rewards exclusive.

Also, the most important, IMO, is the Mk13 UR rep gear. As someone that doesn't like to upgrade, particularly gear already at 12, this is a benefit for me (I already have this reward, but I think it's very important for others with my playstyle).

Interesting idea though with the moving of rewards. The particular ones that are important already have similiar unlock points for Gamma, so tacking on the AoY rewards in those places could be possible. I don't know the codebase though, so who knows.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Vet uniform/costume and T6 ship only. No Shuttle or Spacesuit. /shrug T6 ship of course does NOT unlock frigate pets for carriers... hoping but didnt expect so no biggie. Hope the shuttle & spacesuit is still in works and not thrown under the bus.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »

well I'm not exactly mad but not happy that temporal/ToS is fed only when there is little reason they couldn't make a klingon version. jem'hader is by definition jem'hader so is makes sense to be one faction.

Sure I'm not against them making a KDF and Romulan TOS recruit thing too, but they didn't do that. Should the Temporal recruit rerun be indefinitely delayed until they do something for those factions or should they just rerun it anyway and fix it when they have time? Does that really make sense to do?

I mean, personally, I have zero interest in playing a Jem Hadar. None. I'll do it anyway for the account wide rewards, and I suppose I'll need to if I ever pick up the Dominion ships that can unlock account wide, but I really have no interest in them otherwise. I'd rather play other characters from the other 3 factions, but I can still begrudgingly level and grind with a Jem to benefit the others.

I don't see how that is a different POV of Temporal recruit for people who aren't interested in playing another Fed so I'm trying to understand how anyone can see Gamma and Temporal recruitment as uniquely different when both focus on a single faction.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,007 Arc User
    LTS stuff announced:
    • T6 Veteran Ship
    • Veteran Uniform
    • Veteran Ship Skin
    I look forward to seeing these things in the game!

Other stuff available on other factions we await Jem'Hadar-specific equivalents:
    • Playable Liberated Borg
      (Did we ever see any Assimilated Jem'Hadar? I suppose a close inspection of First Contact might show this...)
    • Playable Talaxians
      (Since Talaxians are KDF/FED only, could we get playable Vorta for the Dominion and perhaps playable Suliban for the Romulan Republic?)
    • T5 Veteran Ship
      (OK, it might be redundant, but the other 3 factions at least get it for alternative skinparts on the T6)
    • Veteran Badge
    • Veteran Shuttlecraft
      (Puh-leeeeeease let it be the Jem'Hadar Gunboat!)
    • Veteran Title Option
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options

Sure I'm not against them making a KDF and Romulan TOS recruit thing too, but they didn't do that. Should the Temporal recruit rerun be indefinitely delayed until they do something for those factions or should they just rerun it anyway and fix it when they have time? Does that really make sense to do?

I mean, personally, I have zero interest in playing a Jem Hadar. None. I'll do it anyway for the account wide rewards, and I suppose I'll need to if I ever pick up the Dominion ships that can unlock account wide, but I really have no interest in them otherwise. I'd rather play other characters from the other 3 factions, but I can still begrudgingly level and grind with a Jem to benefit the others.

I don't see how that is a different POV of Temporal recruit for people who aren't interested in playing another Fed so I'm trying to understand how anyone can see Gamma and Temporal recruitment as uniquely different when both focus on a single faction.

I think one of the problem is they did it in the first place with the idea of "fixing" it later. on the grounds that, at that time they be crazy not to do something TOS focused, even if it was a little incomplete in some ways. and it does make sense to wait until they can "finish" it before they call attention too it. and that very much in character for cryptic. the fact they are possible never going to find the time is annoying but not something any of us can anything about.

and people want all TOS major faction for the same reason they want all dominion races. namely they want of all of the related thing not just a little bit.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    For DSC, an AoY recruiting event could be no extra effort at all besides inserting the transponder. They could simply have all DSC characters made during that time be an alternate AoY recruit that just uses the regular DSC startup and be done with it. Alternatively, the devs could do it as a cutscene were they are a survivor of a DSC ship that ends up in TOS via a misjump or ordinary wormhole and go though the regular AoY event.

For the others, they could reuse major parts of the regular AoY event fairly easily by using the spy schtick.

Making a Romulan version that way would be trivial since it would only take a very short prelude (which again could be just an alternate starting cutscene) were the player character (and probably their core boffs) is/are inserted into the Federation as "Vulcan" and told to play along and scope out Starfleet (a few dialog changes would help here too, in the case of a spy cell working together). Then of course it just plays out the normal way and the agent is extracted by Daniels and sent to the flotilla instead of ESD where they would either trade in their Pioneer class for the starter warbird or keep it until the next ship level become available, whichever the devs decide to go with.

Technically it would work for Klingons too, kind of like they did with Voq in DSC, though they would be missing a great storytelling opportunity by not having it a sort of mirror to the Fed version. In parts like K-13 they would use the same settings but be part of the attacking force and so on. Either way, it ends with the Daniels thing or maybe use the Klingon temporal officer in his place before dropping them off in First City.

The greatest difficulty would be for the Dominion since they would have to come up with a leveling race to make it work at all. Vorta could be sent in (via whatever route they used to get at the Klingons in ancient times) as "Kurillians" who supposedly come from an obscure system way out on the frontier somewhere, and it is reasonable that fake records for a race so obscure would not be something Sisko would be familiar with when Eris pulls the same trick on him and Quark a century later.

It would be harder to justify a spy cell for the Dominion, though I suppose one of them could be modified to look like Andorians since both races use a sort of split main sense instead of mainly vision like Humans. Either way, when the cat gets out of the bag in the transition to the "normal" STO setting, it would be easy enough for the PC to play on the "we're all in this together" angle and the distance between quadrants to convince a core of friends (their starting boffs) that they were an "undercover cultural observer" when they were at the academy together and not an enemy spy, with a backup "confession" that they were sent to keep tabs on the Klingons but could not directly infiltrate them so they went to others with a common interest instead just in case.

Anyway, plot crafting aside, these recruitment events usually come with a free character slot, so even people like me who have no use for horneytoad toons get that benefit at least, which is a nice thing.

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

At the time they made it, which was while Discovery was in development, they explained that there was little known about the Klingons in 2270. Sure they could have probably inferred from the stuff listed later, but its possible they were told no by CBS at the time. Now, they probably could manage to do something.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    LTS stuff announced:
    • T6 Veteran Ship
    • Veteran Uniform
    • Veteran Ship Skin
    I look forward to seeing these things in the game!

Agree, these things look nice indeed.

Other stuff available on other factions we await Jem'Hadar-specific equivalents:
    • Playable Liberated Borg
      (Did we ever see any Assimilated Jem'Hadar? That would be totally cool. I suppose a close inspection of First Contact might show this...)
    • Playable Talaxians
      (Since Talaxians are KDF/FED only, could we get playable Vorta for the Dominion and perhaps playable Suliban for the Romulan Republic?) Nice ideas about Vorta for the JH & Suliban for the Roms
    • T5 Veteran Ship
      (OK, it might be redundant, but the other 3 factions at least get it for alternative skinparts on the T6) Just add any extra ship-skin ideas to the T6 version in the tailor.
    • Veteran Badge Oh yeah, the Fed & KDF get them, maybe the Rom too so why not the JH & probably real easy to put-in.
    • Veteran Shuttlecraft Oh yeah, Cryptic shouldn't forget adding a JH special shuttle too for them, good reminder!
      (Puh-leeeeeease let it be the Jem'Hadar Gunboat!)
    • Veteran Title Option
    Same premise as the veteran JH badge.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Well, the devs have talked about it. Building a KDF version would have been approximately double the work. They just didn't have time for that on their schedule.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options

At the time they made it, which was while Discovery was in development, they explained that there was little known about the Klingons in 2270. Sure they could have probably inferred from the stuff listed later, but its possible they were told no by CBS at the time. Now, they probably could manage to do something.

if we where talking about long leveling to cap set of mission or a big socio-political analysis of the changes to the empire I would agree with that. but we're not so I don't.a few missions of flying a d-7 fighting TOS feds doesn't need much of anything to be known. if it was cause nonsense from cbs, thats fair enough not anything cryptic can do about it.

actually some TOS styled versions of some of the discovery ships wouldn't be too bad an idea, anything else would be missing the point, but the ships could be made to work.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Especially since they prefer Featured TFOs over Featured Episodes these days.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    For DSC, an AoY recruiting event could be no extra effort at all besides inserting the transponder. They could simply have all DSC characters made during that time be an alternate AoY recruit that just uses the regular DSC startup and be done with it. Alternatively, the devs could do it as a cutscene were they are a survivor of a DSC ship that ends up in TOS via a misjump or ordinary wormhole and go though the regular AoY event.

For the others, they could reuse major parts of the regular AoY event fairly easily by using the spy schtick.

Making a Romulan version that way would be trivial since it would only take a very short prelude (which again could be just an alternate starting cutscene) were the player character (and probably their core boffs) is/are inserted into the Federation as "Vulcan" and told to play along and scope out Starfleet (a few dialog changes would help here too, in the case of a spy cell working together). Then of course it just plays out the normal way and the agent is extracted by Daniels and sent to the flotilla instead of ESD where they would either trade in their Pioneer class for the starter warbird or keep it until the next ship level become available, whichever the devs decide to go with.

Technically it would work for Klingons too, kind of like they did with Voq in DSC, though they would be missing a great storytelling opportunity by not having it a sort of mirror to the Fed version. In parts like K-13 they would use the same settings but be part of the attacking force and so on. Either way, it ends with the Daniels thing or maybe use the Klingon temporal officer in his place before dropping them off in First City.

The greatest difficulty would be for the Dominion since they would have to come up with a leveling race to make it work at all. Vorta could be sent in (via whatever route they used to get at the Klingons in ancient times) as "Kurillians" who supposedly come from an obscure system way out on the frontier somewhere, and it is reasonable that fake records for a race so obscure would not be something Sisko would be familiar with when Eris pulls the same trick on him and Quark a century later.

It would be harder to justify a spy cell for the Dominion, though I suppose one of them could be modified to look like Andorians since both races use a sort of split main sense instead of mainly vision like Humans. Either way, when the cat gets out of the bag in the transition to the "normal" STO setting, it would be easy enough for the PC to play on the "we're all in this together" angle and the distance between quadrants to convince a core of friends (their starting boffs) that they were an "undercover cultural observer" when they were at the academy together and not an enemy spy, with a backup "confession" that they were sent to keep tabs on the Klingons but could not directly infiltrate them so they went to others with a common interest instead just in case.

Anyway, plot crafting aside, these recruitment events usually come with a free character slot, so even people like me who have no use for horneytoad toons get that benefit at least, which is a nice thing.

All that you said make sense to me and completely agree with you, I'm no programmer but I believe it is more a matter of having the will to do it than arguing about technical limitations
  • Options
    roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Well i am very glad of this rerun seeing as i did not manage to make one during the time do to real life taking priority.

As a side note i would love to be able to have delta rerun as well the other one i have not made.

And a big thanks for more LTS perks. O and a liberated dominion founder would be nice as well.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • Options
    commanderblack#7812 commanderblack Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    (Spamming moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    May the force be with you!!! Qapla!!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    (Spamming moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    (Spamming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    (Spamming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
This discussion has been closed.