test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rejoin the Jem'hadar Recruits!

13»

Comments

• commanderblack#7812 commanderblack Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    May the force be with you!!! Qapla!!
  • poorflickpoorflick Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    If you have a Jem'Hadar recruit from the first run with a half-completed reward, can you complete it or do you have to start over with a new character?
  • kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    poorflick wrote: »
    If you have a Jem'Hadar recruit from the first run with a half-completed reward, can you complete it or do you have to start over with a new character?

As far as I know, you can continue playing it the normal way to unlocck the rest of rewards. At the same time you can create a new one to start from scratch
  • poorflickpoorflick Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @kirk2811 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > As far as I know, you can continue playing it the normal way to unlocck the rest of rewards. At the same time you can create a new one to start from scratch

That's cool. Thanks.
  • kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    > @kirk2811 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > As far as I know, you can continue playing it the normal way to unlocck the rest of rewards. At the same time you can create a new one to start from scratch

That's cool. Thanks.

You are welcome, happy to help
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    You could do that even without the event rerun.
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    kirk2811 wrote: »

As far as I know, you can continue playing it the normal way to unlocck the rest of rewards. At the same time you can create a new one to start from scratch

I didn't know this until recently either, but the only thing you HAVE to do during the event is create the character and run, at least, the first mission. You can continue on getting the rewards after the event itself is over as long as you have been given the device that lets you look at and claim the rewards(which i think is sometimes during the first mission).

Now, my question. I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but... Is there any reason for someone who has all the rewards from the first run to do this? Anything new?
  • commanderblack#7812 commanderblack Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    May the force be with you!!! Qapla!!
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I would think anything new besides the lifetime subscription stuff would be added to ALL recruits even if they already have the device from the first run.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    I would think anything new besides the lifetime subscription stuff would be added to ALL recruits even if they already have the device from the first run.

You mean all Gamma recruits and not all recruits, correct?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    if you had a free-jhd recruit from before no need to start a new one, unless you have bought the pay-hadar race and can choose to play as a vanguard now.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    iamjmph wrote: »
    kirk2811 wrote: »

I didn't know this until recently either, but the only thing you HAVE to do during the event is create the character and run, at least, the first mission. You can continue on getting the rewards after the event itself is over as long as you have been given the device that lets you look at and claim the rewards(which i think is sometimes during the first mission).

Now, my question. I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but... Is there any reason for someone who has all the rewards from the first run to do this? Anything new?

No, from what they have said so far it is a simple rerun of the event, like how the Delta recruit event was exactly the same both times it ran.

Unfortunately there is nothing new (I was really hoping they would have Vorta available as recruits this time around, that would make doing any ground parts of the event tolerable, but like the T6 Nova a playable Dominion faction Vorta will probably never happen).
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    I just hope it is not pc only and it comes to the console as well for the new players to do.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

You mean all Gamma recruits and not all recruits, correct?

YES GAMMA RECRUITS ONLY - I would think if they have added stuff to other recruits they would run a recruit event on the others also.

• sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I'm glad the Dominion characters get some love, they were overshadowed by the Discovery content. I was hoping for the Vorta to become a playable Dominion race but alas no- it means you still cannot have a female character from that faction.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'm glad the Dominion characters get some love, they were overshadowed by the Discovery content. I was hoping for the Vorta to become a playable Dominion race but alas no- it means you still cannot have a female character from that faction.

For LTS players instead of another Liberated Borg as like the other 3 factions Cryptic should've used some initiative & used a Dominion Vorta there & had female as an option.

For LTS players instead of another Liberated Borg as like the other 3 factions Cryptic should've used some initiative & used a Dominion Vorta there & had female as an option.

That would have triggered off a lot of hate and dissention, the same way making a T6 Nova or one of the other very, very often requested things LTS only would. If they made a LTS-only race available for the Dominion the sensible choice would be Founders since they are top dog in the Dominion which would fit the exclusivity angle a lot better.

In fact, they could even make more costume slots available to Founder characters to support their shape shifting ability.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

That would have triggered off a lot of hate and dissention, the same way making a T6 Nova or one of the other very, very often requested things LTS only would. If they made a LTS-only race available for the Dominion the sensible choice would be Founders since they are top dog in the Dominion which would fit the exclusivity angle a lot better.

In fact, they could even make more costume slots available to Founder characters to support their shape shifting ability.

I disagree, (1) I don't see/hear a lot of uproar about the LTS-only Liberated Borg playable characters, sometimes a little about the LTS ships, so the Vorta would be under the same umbrella just for Dominion (2) The Changling/Founder is a good idea, & would be awesome, but I'm guessing it would be more difficult of a character creation from a design-side if you wanted them shape-shifting, if it was just going to be the Changling/Founder human-look then I could totally see that & agree.

As it is, currently, the LTS JH didn't get a special shuttle while other factions do, a special playable species like the other factions do, & no special EV suit like the other factions do.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

I disagree, (1) I don't see/hear a lot of uproar about the LTS-only Liberated Borg playable characters, sometimes a little about the LTS ships, so the Vorta would be under the same umbrella just for Dominion (2) The Changling/Founder is a good idea, & would be awesome, but I'm guessing it would be more difficult of a character creation from a design-side if you wanted them shape-shifting, if it was just going to be the Changling/Founder human-look then I could totally see that & agree.

As it is, currently, the LTS JH didn't get a special shuttle while other factions do, a special playable species like the other factions do, & no special EV suit like the other factions do.
    DPSers don't play Lib Borg because it is purely defensive.

But what would a Vorta as a race option do? no idea.

But yeah, the devs said no Changelings because it'd take a ridiculous amount of work to make player Changelings play the same as NPC ones.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited October 2019

DPSers don't play Lib Borg because it is purely defensive.

But what would a Vorta as a race option do? no idea.

But yeah, the devs said no Changelings because it'd take a ridiculous amount of work to make player Changelings play the same as NPC ones.

Making a basic shape shifting character is actually rather easy even with the regular tailor system. I have a "Kobali" with kyn'steya who used to be a human born on Antos IV and was trained in the cellular metamorphosis techniques. I set up three "outfits" for her using the exact same Kobali uniform but with entirely human features in one, entirely Kobali features in another, and a sort of mix in the third (which I use as her usual form) and use the character portrait quick uniform change function to switch forms.

The hard part of doing Founders would be showing the "quicksilver" intermediate forms, everything else would be no more involved than the costume switch or the holographic disguises already coded into the game (and maybe a custom close combat weapon to use for the combat form melee attacks). The weapon would probably not be a big deal (or it could be a close combat trait instead) and if the coding to show the liquid transformations is too involved (which it probably would be) I doubt if the players would object too much to "poping" instead of flowing between forms in light of the werewolf-like cool-factor of the combat form.

Anyway, if the devs made the Vorta LTS only the Dominion will undoubtedly stay nothing more than the relatively unpopular gender-locked niche "faction" that it is now and people will still keep asking for non-LTS Vorta. The other factions having unique LTS races works because they have other races to do that with while the Dominion does not. Just click on Dominion ships sometime and get a profile, more of them are captained by other races/factions than are commanded by Jem'Hadar. A lot of people like the ships, fewer actually like the horneytoads and that is a big damper on the popularity and growth of the faction.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Personally, I have no issue with playing Jem'Hadar. I have at least 2 Vanguards. I would've not been surprised if we had gotten playable LibBorg Jem'Hadar as an LTS addition. I'm rather glad that we didn't, but I wouldn't have minded getting playable Vorta as an LTS addition, despite the dev explanation for why we don't have them, I think being an LTS perk could excuse that. Even so, if we can't have playable versions of non-Jem'Hadar Dominion, then I'd at least like to recruit some Vorta, Karemma, and other Dominion race BOFFs for my Dominion crews.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What would the Borg gain for their Collective by assimilating a Jem'Hader? Also, they could never really assimilate the entire race because they could be grown/cloned anywhere someone can set up the facilities.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Personally, I have no issue with playing Jem'Hadar. I have at least 2 Vanguards. I would've not been surprised if we had gotten playable LibBorg Jem'Hadar as an LTS addition. I'm rather glad that we didn't, but I wouldn't have minded getting playable Vorta as an LTS addition, despite the dev explanation for why we don't have them, I think being an LTS perk could excuse that. Even so, if we can't have playable versions of non-Jem'Hadar Dominion, then I'd at least like to recruit some Vorta, Karemma, and other Dominion race BOFFs for my Dominion crews.

Other gamma quad races would work for Boffs, but there really isn't a realistic way for a J'H to have a Vorta boff considering the cast system that puts the lowest Vorta above the highest Jem'Hadar. While Odo may be trying to change that, there is always a huge amount of tradition momentum to overcome, especially in the case of the Vorta since they retain their memories of traditional Dominion society.

It does puzzle me though why the devs chose to take the line Weyoun was feeding the Federation about being nothing but meek little administrators literally since every Vorta in DS9 that had any significant role in an episode (including Weyoun himself) has shown that they are perfectly capable of violence when the situation calls for it. I suppose the restriction could be considered enforcing the atmosphere or something, but a large part of the charm of Weyoun's character was that duplicity that audiences could see but fooled the heroes (or at least kept them unsure) and a lot of RPG gamers like to play an undercover double-roleplay style like that.

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

I think the wingman concept for Dominion ships would have worked best with Vorta characters, considering that would fit into their purview as a coordinator for the Jem'Hadar.

Vorta as player characters could easily be included by tweaking the story arc with a focus on Weyoun and Loriss (it would be interesting to be pulled into Weyoun's betrayal, and then have the final scene of Weyoun with the twist of the player Vorta pulling the trigger instead of Dukan'Rex).

The largest catch of this though, is bring back the voice cast (new contract drawn up, scheduling, etc.).

The LibBorg Jem'Hadar would be easier to add in, even though it would've been cool if an extra line was added from Jeffery Combs about the recovery of former Borg drone (how the Jem'Hadar should feel blessed by the Founders for the liberation).

They might add it in (if/when) they work on the Borg Collective faction, but by that time the Dominion Recruitment event will be over :worried:

Here's hoping that if/when all the pieces are in place (Vorta and LibBorg Jem'Hadar), we'll have another Dominion Recruitment drive. :smiley:
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi All

Does anybody know if this event has been extended? I just made a JH a couple of days ago and it got the Gamma Transponder thingy. The announcement said that it was meant to end on the 14th.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    If you have one of these in your inventory you should be good (and can work on your recruitment event rewards at your leisure).

s3ZF5H6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.