Do you think they really listen?

Comments

• Options
    madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Do I think the Devs/Mods listen?

Yes.

Do they respond to everything?

No - they don't have the time.

But yes, they listen. They just don't jump when you tell them to.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What was that? I wasn't listening. ;)

Scaling T6 shows that they did take to heart what people had been asking for (using the same ship from the beginning to the end(game)). Hopefully, with this scaling technology in place it either means we can rest assured we won't be getting T7. Or it can mean with that technology in place it can be tweaked to allow scaling to T7 without another T5/T6 PR disaster or wholesale replacement of the entire line of Ships.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I think they listen all too much to the wrong people.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Heh, that's not true. The most upvoted reddit threads are people crying about not having X, Y or Z or whatever the most recent faux outrage thread happens to be.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    I'll try again.

No, they don't. They used to years ago, but now they don't. You can't complain on Reddit either because any complaints are down voted into oblivion. So, you just either keep playing n keep paying (or grinding) or you do what I do and wait for it to either end or massively improve. I'm still waiting.

Those downvoting complaints to oblivion is not Cryptic though, also you can issue complaints on Reddit as well as Twitter and their Facebook page as well as here as long as you don't violate the terms of service. I really liked that Orville episode showing the dangers of a Reddit-like society. It was scary and felt real! I wish more people thought before they downvoted comments. Also, I have noticed more movement on fixing bugs since the new EP came in, compared to before. I on the other end am not bored to death. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    thecrusaderxthecrusaderx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    What was that? I wasn't listening. ;)

Scaling T6 shows that they did take to heart what people had been asking for (using the same ship from the beginning to the end(game)). Hopefully, with this scaling technology in place it either means we can rest assured we won't be getting T7. Or it can mean with that technology in place it can be tweaked to allow scaling to T7 without another T5/T6 PR disaster or wholesale replacement of the entire line of Ships.

Tier 7 is going either outright ruin the player economy regarding getting T6 ships or just the meta in itself. Cryptic isn't exactly ready with a whole new tier of endgame development just yet. Imagine the player base having to redo everything again just to adjust to Tier 7. Sure, it was easy back then because there wasn't much to adjust to with Tier 5 but now this is completely something else.

Nothing short of the wealthy or high end players are going to be adjust to Tier 7 the fastest.
    tumblr_p7rwq2Qtxu1wsk1foo1_500.jpg

• Options
    aricamarajade#4600 aricamarajade Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Laughing Trendy were other times.
    Kael is a different kind. He was our spokesman when foundry got shut down.
    It seems he burned out a bit cause we players all have different prefferences. Whatever he does, it won't be good for a % of posters.
    These days i can't even see what is official news and what is a player post. They removed the coloured borders of official posts.
    When patches hit the forum it's like chat in ESD, you cannot see what is official and much scream posts.
    Each event its why isn't the latest rep mark in it? Why is this ship in R&D / Lockbox and not the zenshop? I hate TMP/TNG/DS9/Voy/ENT/JJ/TRIBBLE

The bigger issue is that Cryptic officials use Kael as a scapegoat. They spread news through him.
    The stream a bit, or go on twitter and say stuff or go to reddit.
    They do nothing official. And some things get implemented and many said stuff disappear. But he, if it wasn’t official its not Bort's fault.

This game is becoming more a mobile game with each of Bort's idea. Click or pay. New rewards in different systems so u do TRIBBLE for 2 hours before u can start playing.
    Off course most options will become available in stores so u can play right away.
    Lately i fear that the devs and Bort have no clue what is going on or how things affect players.

The TRIBBLE pack was original planned with 1 per char items, it took a few days of replies to "fix" this, than again it showed they want to change things drastically. Expansion packs are becoming like Box ships, 1 per char unlock.
    Also the removal of the foundry. Much has been said, but many players (not me) spend sweat and blood to create great content.
    If i go on, the revamp of event items. Glad they streamlined the drops to universal items, but they ninja stole all farmed items (time), not everyone hoarded them, some where from times when events where per char. Im glad those chars got the rewards, but some payers spend allot of effort inn farming there account wide alts.
    Also how they removed it saying it has no value, currently related farm items cost zen. Yes its easier for those who missed 1 week and 1 day or more in the 3 weeks of event, but I’m not buying git, cause they can remove them without the real life money i invested in them. They have the right off course, same as i have the right to be cautious of ninja removal of zen related items.
    The wanted to fix the ec so they increased the cap, now there is to much. If your items aren't wanted than that is the issue.
    But now they announce also they want to make it possible to spend zen in zen store to other players, knowing how much spamm i get from keysellers, i am afraid that this makes sto accounts wanted for people who hack and rob my account. The account is the player, and i lost some mmo game accounts to hacks. Once there robbed its the players fault, and getting your rl cash investment back is something just as grey for game developers as gamble boxes.
    The Level 65 cap totally unnecessary for players. yes some players need more dps, but the game was balanced, the only logical thing is to go 70 eventually and TRIBBLE the players with t7 ship meta (chuckles about 1 per char t6 ships). Most MMO's get so unbalanced or so dull by higher levelcaps and often go to glass builds dps only meta.
    Yes upgrade all gear to MK XX it will be fun. Well Bort my fun is the memory of star trek and the fun with my friends online, not the sound of my wallet emptying in the game (yes your type of fun).
    The endeavours brought some life back, but it's another grind. In 2 years all maxed out, and new players have top ...wait zen store?...grind 2 years to get on equal level with now sto players. And what is the effect of all endeavours maxed? Will people still do endeavours after they maxed? It's so short term planning on cryptics side.
    Content cost money and will always anger some fans. I loved Vil, AOY and LoR. I rather have your focus on that that short term gimmicks.
    I hope when TRIBBLE is done or when big packs are getting released, the packs will contain a ship per factions (fed/kdf/rom/Jem) dedicated to it's role. A tact ship, or a sci ship or a eng ship (or whatever type). No skin revamps, ik you love feds, but romulans just got a planet and stay with their sing core development, like you and reddit/twitter.
    No more box fillers with 2 ships that are not getting used, or a trait on an unwanted ship.
    Please try improve the game and keep it a game and not a mobil app that is just there to get our money without us having fun

I hope Kael will find his spark back, and his love for our forum. Kael a little tip: do what players do in social area's like ESD or Q'Ronos: Ignore the haters and the spammers.

People play trek because they have a favourite show. Gamers aren't loyal anymore. That’s why MMO's go f2p or they die.
    Players won't subscribe for long anymore, those days are over. People also don't want to grind or learn skills, most just copy builds (every single dps mmo)
    The game has to get paid. Either by the true grinders *the pay in time and offer metrics), by casual gamers who spend money as long as they like the game or it's newly released content, and the whales. Without whales the mmo dies, cause players don't spend loyalty in money anymore to keep the game up.
    In cryptic language: Durr durr they play or durr durr they pay

To gamble boxes. The lockboxes with keys, aren't a bad model to keep a game up. The R&D boxes are pure greed though, since they already have something to create revenue.
    They just should have added each R&D box with whale chance % into lockboxes, but thats another discussion.
    Several country's are stumbling over Gambling in games. No law is made yet for sto. But when such items can be sold by china farming practices ( ik cryptic has responsibilities to China, but it shouldn’t be legal ingame)
    "Loot boxes & Netherlands Gaming Authority’s findings

On April 19th, 2018 the Netherlands Gaming Authority (Kansspelautoriteit) published a study and press release outlining their findings and rulings on loot boxes.

Netherlands Gaming Authority study and press release in a nutshell
    • Netherlands Gaming Authority has come out with a standard to differentiate loot boxes between gaming and gambling.
    • Netherlands Gaming Authority studied the loot boxes and the ability to trade the items outside the game to other players.
    • Loot boxes where the content is not transferable are not illegal (therefore, are seen as gaming).
    • Loot boxes where the content is transferable are illegal (and a seen as gambling).
    • Loot boxes are prohibited under current gambling laws and regulations if the items from the loot boxes are transferable.
    Netherlands Gaming Authority recommends game developers to disable functionalities that allow items to be converted into money or transferred to other parties (including other players).
    Game developers can update their games that are in breach of the standard until June 20th, 2018.
    "

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Unlike some, I actually think Cryptic is responsive to bug reports.. most things that I have had serious issue with in game have been rapidly fixed. We get a laundry list of bug fixes every Thursday, so this 'they never fix bugs' thing is something I have never understood.
    Heh, I find it amusing how often people talk about minor inconveniences by calling them "game breaking bugs"... Then denouncing Cryptic for having ignored them for years... Yeah, if it's a minor visual glitch, it's not gonna be a high priority.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Unlike some, I actually think Cryptic is responsive to bug reports.. most things that I have had serious issue with in game have been rapidly fixed. We get a laundry list of bug fixes every Thursday, so this 'they never fix bugs' thing is something I have never understood.
    Heh, I find it amusing how often people talk about minor inconveniences by calling them "game breaking bugs"... Then denouncing Cryptic for having ignored them for years... Yeah, if it's a minor visual glitch, it's not gonna be a high priority.

Agreed. There have been real game-breaking bugs over the years like missing bank items, loadout and skill trays clearing, fatal mission bugs, etc. but they have been fixed. Sometimes it took Cryptic 2-3 patches to do it, but they kept trying, and they often engaged with the players to gather details to help track the bugs down.

You can probably find *something* that prevents some mission(s) from completing, or one person who has some account glitch, but in general there are no "game breaking" bugs that affect everyone and that are ignored by Cryptic.

• Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »
    the quality of the episodes released over the past 2 years is superior to what he have had in the past (will better voice acting too boot).

BS alert. Really ROFL... You must be new to STO. What you call quality for others might be at best questionable. If it wasn't for the lottery boxes and platforms this game would be long gone. LoR and yes even DR were so much more superior than the continuing repeat of DISCO or even the copy/paste jobs of the TFOs we currently running.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    the quality of the episodes released over the past 2 years is superior to what he have had in the past (will better voice acting too boot).

BS alert. Really ROFL... You must be new to STO. What you call quality for others might be at best questionable. If it wasn't for the lottery boxes and platforms this game would be long gone. LoR and yes even DR were so much more superior than the continuing repeat of DISCO or even the copy/paste jobs of the TFOs we currently running.​​

I've played since launch, and even my most recent forum account (after the migration from Infrogames/Atari) is older than your own, so your post is a little bit silly. You are entitled to your opinion however. Tatty bye.
  • Options
    yossarian1971#5867 yossarian1971 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Not one damn bit.
    7t7iwm3ayjg21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=37201b3372f77a86ff07e9ccf785482127d2fa93
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    what most people don't realise, and I think that applies to the majority of the palyers in this thread is that the ideas that come from here are generally great ideas, but when you drill down, the Devs have a duty to Cryptic.. How to we make money for the company? do we want exploration? YES! The question is how can they monetize it?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    No...and thank god they don't. Most of the ideas on this forum are from people who really have no clue about how to run a company, develop a game, game design 101 or hell even common fraking sense.

Thank god you're not one of them.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    EDIT: LOL wrong thread. Ok then...

Try to consider that the two of you may be discussing different elements of a featured episode. From a pure artwork perspective in both visual and sound quality, it's undeniable that recent featured episodes (4 years or less) curb stomp everything produced before them. And the artwork only gets worse as you go back in time. If you don't like the stories themselves, well than that's just like... your opinion, man.
    Post edited by salazarraze on
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    oh and if therree is doubt that they listen.. how long has the community been asking for scaling ships?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User

Agreed. There have been real game-breaking bugs over the years like missing bank items, loadout and skill trays clearing, fatal mission bugs, etc. but they have been fixed. Sometimes it took Cryptic 2-3 patches to do it, but they kept trying, and they often engaged with the players to gather details to help track the bugs down.

You can probably find *something* that prevents some mission(s) from completing, or one person who has some account glitch, but in general there are no "game breaking" bugs that affect everyone and that are ignored by Cryptic.

They still haven't fixed traits occasionally clearing themselves. I'm not sure what causes it, but I suspect it to be missions where you're forced to fly a pre built ship, though I've seen it happen rarely after TFOs. Its been around for years and either they fixed it and it came back, or they haven't fixed it at all. I do think it happens less often than it used to, as back in the day I remember very often needing to reslot my traits so I think they attempted to fix it at the very least.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User

There's no point in arguing with Equinox, the moment you successfully beat him in an argument he just puts you on ignore and starts insulting you directly.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    yep times with more episodes in a arc was better. quality - quantity debate is just an excuse for less episodes
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

You're welcome to your opinion, but as a long time player myself.. I agree with him 100%.

The Gamma Arc and Age of Discovery are by far and away my favorite story arcs. From the art design, animations, voice acting, and overall mission structure it's been a long standing string of constant improvement.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    You must be new to STO.​​

Are you sure you're not the one who's new?

I mean, sure, the quantity of new missions dropped off pretty steadily as years went on, and Legacy of Romulus is still pretty high up there in terms of the quality of its writing. But are you really going to sit there and try to tell me to my face that Tenebrous Torquent isn't one of the best missions in the game? That the new animations for the cutscenes from Victory is Life onwards give those scenes vastly more life and interest than the canned animations we saw in LoR or Delta Rising? Even beyond that, while there's certainly an argument to be made about the overall necessity of so many Trek alum lending their voices to the game, are you honestly insinuating that they add nothing to the experience with their presence?

Not that you're going to listen to any of this. The reason behind your summary dismissal of any new content is pretty obvious. Believe me, I understand and wholeheartedly agree that there's a very important discussion to be had about the ethics of lootboxes. But a questionable source for the funding doesn't make the stuff made with that funding inherently bad.
  • Options
    leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,344 Arc User
    To habitual complainers complaining about fresh air, no, to genuine feedback, yes. It used to be that the Dev's responded to posts on the forums, but the abuse they got of the tiny few put them off replying, which is why we have a Community Manager. Kael is no Trendy, but he does engage the community on the Live-Stream, and he probably does more than we see.

The problem here is that people expect the Dev's to dance to their tune, forgetting that the Dev's priority is to produce content to keep players coming back, and the recent years have been excellent in terms of content, with the exception of the Next-Gen Nexus episode.

We cannot expect Cryptic to throw out 26 episodes a year. It's not as easy as filming a new episode! 10+ Episodes a year is perfectly fine.

As for bugs, there is a priority list, and actual game-breaking bugs get top priority. Cosmetic bugs get fixed when time allows, but with the sunset of the 32 Bit, this should allow focus on a quality pass of content....something which is already happening.

As for the Nova......they have already said it's going to happen, so people will have to just be patient!
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    westx211 wrote:

There's no point in arguing with Equinox, the moment you successfully beat him in an argument he just puts you on ignore and starts insulting you directly.

If you have any evidence of me insulting you directly, please provide it, and I would be happy to forward it to the moderators myself.
    In regard to your first statement on the issue of 'arguing', I believe a forum is a place for debate, not argument - the difference is defined as;

Debate' carries the idea of more intellectual discussion about disagreement when used this way, as opposed to 'argument', which implies a more emotion driven quarrel.

Further to this, you have been found using your 'feelings' as a basis of your rebuttal/evidence such as during our last interaction, and your interaction with others, such as in this thread (where you repeatedly refused to provide a source for your 'evidence'):

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13517652

When a person in unable/unwilling to debate, and instead wishes to 'argue', in the manner that has been illustrated above, I choose to withdraw; as the conversation ceases to have any value (to me), which is why I chose to cease responding to you in our former interaction.

This in no way concedes that you are 'right' (although it seems you choose to take that view), nor does it mean that I am ignoring you. I now choose to cease further interaction with you on this particular thread, for similar reasons, in addition to not wanting it derailed from the original topic any further. Toodlepip!

Edit: Spoiler added so my wall of text will (hopefully) not detract from the main topic
    Post edited by equinox976 on
  • Options

BS alert. Really ROFL... You must be new to STO. What you call quality for others might be at best questionable. If it wasn't for the lottery boxes and platforms this game would be long gone. LoR and yes even DR were so much more superior than the continuing repeat of DISCO or even the copy/paste jobs of the TFOs we currently running.

I've played since launch, and even my most recent forum account (after the migration from Infrogames/Atari) is older than your own, so your post is a little bit silly. You are entitled to your opinion however. Tatty bye.

And you to your own opinion as well. I was in STO since beta. It's extremely naive to assume things just based on name. Further, I'm sorry but you don't speak for me and will disagree with your silly response and hilarious comments.​​
  • Options
    edited June 2019

BS alert. Really ROFL... You must be new to STO. What you call quality for others might be at best questionable. If it wasn't for the lottery boxes and platforms this game would be long gone. LoR and yes even DR were so much more superior than the continuing repeat of DISCO or even the copy/paste jobs of the TFOs we currently running.

And you to your own opinion as well. I was in STO since beta. It's extremely naive to assume things just based on name. Further, I'm sorry but you don't speak for me and will disagree with your silly response and hilarious comments.​​

You stated that I must be new to the game, and I pointed out evidence to the contrary. I at no point stated that I 'speak for you'. I also made no assumption as the the length of time that you have played - but I did back up my statement that I am surely not 'new' as even my forum account is older than your own.
    Post edited by equinox976 on
  • Options
    OK let's take this a bit further @bubblegirl2015 because I really do think that the forum sometimes degenerates into little 'soundbytes' and snippets of people having a back and forth argument; as opposed to an actual 'debate' of the subject at hand; I'm (hoping) people will agree that this little off track experiment will not deem it as a derail as its directly to do with the current subject being discussed and the validity of the statements made in the forum;

You stated:
    BS alert. Really ROFL... You must be new to STO

As a rebuttal to my statement that the quality of content in the past 2 years is higher than what we had in the past. I responded to this with evidence to the contrary that I am in fact not 'new', and therefore your response was demonstrably false, and I provided direct verifiable evidence that I am not 'new' in which a simple click of my profile will prove.

Now; that we have established that I am not 'new' - we can perhaps have a debate on why we both think the way we do regarding the content; another poster put it better than myself a little while back, where they stated the graphics/motion of NPCs/voice acting has raised the bar in terms of what we had in the past, whilst at the same time stating the writing may have been better than the more current episodes.

So rather than us both having a 'TRIBBLE for tat' regarding how long either of us have played, lets have a discussion about the actual merits of our opinions, and those of the rest of the community.

I agree with @seaofsorrows that:
    The Gamma Arc and Age of Discovery are by far and away my favorite story arcs. From the art design, animations, voice acting, and overall mission structure it's been a long standing string of constant improvement.

And will add to this further, that since the breaking up of various STF such as infected ect (breaking them into space/ground sections) has improved replay ability tremendously, do you recall those very (very) long sessions of attempting to complete Borg STF's from space to ground, only for people to burn out and leave? has it improved? what to you like/dislike about the new DISC content compared to what we used to have?

I hope you find my response respectful and polite, as intended.
  • Options
    OK let's take this a bit further @bubblegirl2015 because I really do think that the forum sometimes degenerates into little 'soundbytes' and snippets of people having a back and forth argument; as opposed to an actual 'debate' of the subject at hand; I'm (hoping) people will agree that this little off track experiment will not deem it as a derail as its directly to do with the current subject being discussed and the validity of the statements made in the forum;

You stated:
    BS alert. Really ROFL... You must be new to STO

As a rebuttal to my statement that the quality of content in the past 2 years is higher than what we had in the past. I responded to this with evidence to the contrary that I am in fact not 'new', and therefore your response was demonstrably false, and I provided direct verifiable evidence that I am not 'new' in which a simple click of my profile will prove.

Now; that we have established that I am not 'new' - we can perhaps have a debate on why we both think the way we do regarding the content; another poster put it better than myself a little while back, where they stated the graphics/motion of NPCs/voice acting has raised the bar in terms of what we had in the past, whilst at the same time stating the writing may have been better than the more current episodes.

So rather than us both having a 'TRIBBLE for tat' regarding how long either of us have played, lets have a discussion about the actual merits of our opinions, and those of the rest of the community.

I agree with @seaofsorrows that:

And will add to this further, that since the breaking up of various STF such as infected ect (breaking them into space/ground sections) has improved replay ability tremendously, do you recall those very (very) long sessions of attempting to complete Borg STF's from space to ground, only for people to burn out and leave? has it improved? what to you like/dislike about the new DISC content compared to what we used to have?

I hope you find my response respectful and polite, as intended.

Thanks for keeping it clean but it comes to it, still I totally disagree with some views stated here. I'm not trying to convince anyone but from my own perspective of being here since beta launch what has been done in the past year in terms of both quality and content is way inferior to what has been produced by STO before ViL.
    Logically, what some are stating that the last 2 years are far superior than the other former 8 years this MMO has been running? Are we forgetting the former 14 different season/expansions to include LoR/Delta Rising/ AoY?

Quality is highly subjective but content is not. If anyone has been in STO for this long should know that this argument has been going on for the past few years.

It is sad to see those who only see STO as we know it today and not the glorious past years...here is a sampling of what it was in terms of blogs and state of the game that outlined new content. Quality and Quantity.

Some blogs:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/1014020-legacy-of-romulus-dev-blog-_1
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/1013820-legacy-of-romulus-dev-blog-_3
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/1012660-legacy-of-romulus-dev-blog-_10

Also:
    State of the Game: January 18th, 2010 by Craig Zinkievich
    State of the Game: January 27th, 2010 by Craig Zinkievich
    State of the Game: 2/25/10 by Craig Zinkievich
    State of the Game: 03/12/10 by Craig Zinkievich
    State of the Game: May 21, 2010 by Craig Zinkievich
    State of the Game: Season Two Launch Edition - July 27, 2010 by Dan Stahl
    State of the Game: 09/15/10 by Dan Stahl
    State of the Game: June 2012 by Brandon Felczer
    State of the Game: July 2012 by Brandon Felczer
    State of the Game: September 2012 by Brandon Felczer
    State of the Game: November 2012 by Brandon Felczer
    State of the Game: January 2013 by Brandon Felczer
    State of the Game: July 2013 by Dan Stahl

more content number if you just take LoR as a sampling:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Developer_Blogs#Legacy_of_Romulus_Dev_Blogs

They even used the word "roadmap" a few times with real content. I guess through time these have come and gone. However, there was LOTs of communications in the past dealing with lots of new content that leaves today a mere shadow of what used to be.
    With every passing version and Season/Expansion content has been declining ever since this game post LoR.

Do we care for more quality over content? IMO quality has been used lately as an excuse to justify the lack of content.

To remain focus on what the OP asked if they listen or not. Your guess is as good as mine but based on history PWE will always do what they think it's profitable (boxes and platform have been a great lifeline) and who can blame them for it.

Again just my opinion on the matter.​​
  • Options
    First things first or, last thing first: (I actually like to work backwards, as for some reason it makes more sense to me - I'm diagnosed as Dyslexic, but like (most other people) I probably have some other 'special' name to describe my idiocracies.

I have to admit; I have forum signatures turned off 'as a rule' - I only saw the (above) happenstance due to browsing whilst logged out - so Kudos, as due, I owe a debt of gratitude to those who beta tested, in addition to those who put time in editing those wiki's we rely on.

Those things aside; lets break down your response:
    Logically, what some are stating that the last 2 years are far superior than the other former 8 years this MMO has been running? Are we forgetting the former 14 different season/expansions to include LoR/Delta Rising/ AoY?

In regard to your above comments; no - I have not forgot, and I remember distinctly (and acutely) each and every release put forth by Cryptic. Even the very 'best' (viewed by many as LoR) - and all of the rest, I personally felt no particular 'affinity' to those seasons in the same way that I did with the more recent seasons.

And I can tell you why - and also why we (may) have this disparity in the perception of 'quality'. For me - what 'made' the most recent episodes 'come alive' was the voice acting from the various alumnus given to us from the variety of actors from (actual) Star Trek episodes.

The older (generic) (STO- episodes) undoubtedly had excellent writing/scripts; but I never had quite the same reaction compared to the newer ones.

That is quite an interesting opinion from myself - as I am almost deaf, and use a cochlear implant - but I still get the 'tingles' from the original voice actors, and feel they lend a great deal to whatever 'episode' is put forth, nostalgia may play a big part for me, and I'm willing to accept that :)
  • Options
    madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    The question: do they listen? Has been officially answered, and renders this thread moot.

The community had something to say about the new "Dixie" audio emote. The Devs listened, and a change made.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
This discussion has been closed.