test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disco Connie in June?

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Probably be fire at will'd at, but I think it would be cool to be able to unlock it as a 10th Anniversary Ship (if not earlier to be able to use the free ship token with....)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Looks fine to me. People easily forget that you can have drastically different interpretations of color with different monitors and monitor settings.

Definitely true. And yet: https://www.strawpoll.me/18184388

So is it the 80% whose monitors settings are off, or the 20%?
    Not a scientific poll so I won't waste time commenting on completely worthless numbers.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @vegeta50024 said:
    > The problem I see is that all people seem to care about when it comes to lock boxes is that the ship they want usually gets put into them, and they never seem to get it, no matter how much money they put into it. That's why they moan about ships they really want going into them.

I get all the ships I want and don't spend any money at all. If those people actually wanted the ship they could do it too.

Congrats on finding the right magic formula.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    vampeiyre wrote: »
    Looks fine to me. People easily forget that you can have drastically different interpretations of color with different monitors and monitor settings.

I find that the sort of people who like to moan will always find a reason to, even if it doesn't exist. I imagine that's what it is: Whiners glomming onto a new thing to complain about.

Cryptic put in a ship backwards once before, it wouldn't surprise me if somehow they messed up the colors on the new thing.

What a silly logically-fallacious statement. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time.

If we legitimized every bit of doom-saying in these forums, we'd believe that the game was dying and that Cryptic was financially TRIBBLE their players, despite the reality that Cryptic has had their best financial and log-in metrics ever this year, as well as verifiably having the most generous F2P model in all of MMO gaming.

Haters gonna hate. Lamers gonna lame. Whiners gonna whine.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2019

I find that the sort of people who like to moan will always find a reason to, even if it doesn't exist. I imagine that's what it is: Whiners glomming onto a new thing to complain about.

Cryptic put in a ship backwards once before, it wouldn't surprise me if somehow they messed up the colors on the new thing.

What a silly logically-fallacious statement. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time.

If we legitimized every bit of doom-saying in these forums, we'd believe that the game was dying and that Cryptic was financially TRIBBLE their players, despite the reality that Cryptic has had their best financial and log-in metrics ever this year, as well as verifiably having the most generous F2P model in all of MMO gaming.

It's true that there are some people who only see bad and deny the good, just like there are some people who only see good and deny the bad. Both types of denial are unrealistic and actually harmful, since even good games have problems and denying it only prevents them from being fixed. But if someone who enjoys the game is reporting what they perceive to be a mistake, that certainly can't be dismissed as whining.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,276 Arc User

What the absolute TRIBBLE are you going on about? I was saying yeah Cryptic makes mistakes from time to time and that that's probably what happened here, that they got a color wrong. You went off on a complete tangent for no reason at all.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
    Honestly I just wish there was a little less color to it, can hardly see the spinners in the collectors :p
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power

It's true that there are some people who only see bad and deny the good, just like there are some people who only see good and deny the bad. Both types of denial are unrealistic and actually harmful, since even good games have problems and denying it only prevents them from being fixed. But if someone who enjoys the game is reporting what they perceive to be a mistake, that certainly can't be dismissed as whining.

I'm far from a Cryptic-apologist, so kindly do not mistake me for being one.

What the absolute TRIBBLE are you going on about? I was saying yeah Cryptic makes mistakes from time to time and that that's probably what happened here, that they got a color wrong. You went off on a complete tangent for no reason at all.

I did not go off on a tangent for no reason. The default tone on this forum is bitching and moaning.

If I mistakenly perceived you for being one of the crybabies, I do apologize.

On the other hand, I don't think they got the color "wrong". I think the bussard collectors look red. In the show, they can be somewhere between orange and red. I think calling the in-game depiction is pink is laughable. It's a TRIBBLE game, there are limitations to accuracy in a game, especially in one that's nearly ten-years old. Some slack should be cut on such things IMO.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Yeah, we can't even match the upper and lower colors on some uniforms.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Yeah, we can't even match the upper and lower colors on some uniforms.

I'm still pissed the Na'kuhl Agent uniform in the lobi store doesn't actually use or even have access to the real Na'kuhl colors.

I did not go off on a tangent for no reason. The default tone on this forum is bitching and moaning.

On the other hand, I don't think they got the color "wrong". I think the bussard collectors look red. In the show, they can be somewhere between orange and red. I think calling the in-game depiction is pink is laughable. It's a TRIBBLE game, there are limitations to accuracy in a game, especially in one that's nearly ten-years old. Some slack should be cut on such things IMO.

The color choice isn't really a limitation thing though, Cryptic could program in a new color if they wanted, they just went with whatever they chose because they presumably either, made a mistake, or didn't feel like making a new color.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,764 Arc User

The color choice isn't really a limitation thing though, Cryptic could program in a new color if they wanted, they just went with whatever they chose because they presumably either, made a mistake, or didn't feel like making a new color.

Part of the color issue is that the material properties do weird things to color at times so the same color on a different material usually looks different. They probably have a limited color palette to keep lag down too (you would be surprised how much of a bandwidth hog uncompressed colors can be).

As for the DSC-Enterprise, I have no problem waiting for whatever they finally do with it since it is not something I am particularly interested in. I am a big fan of TOS (and to me the TOS Enterprise has value because of it), but not so much Discovery. DSC is an OK show and I do watch it occasionally when I am somewhere it is on (I do not have CBSAA myself), but is too shallow and generic to really make that much impression compared to the kind of game changing revolutionary show TOS was in its day.

If the ship turns out to be affordable and easy to get I would probably get it for its passing resemblance to the TOS version but it is not a high priority (in fact, I would be more likely to get the Crossfield if given a choice of DSC ships since I do not have a science spearhead, and the trait looks interesting).
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    Hopefully, the ship will be C-Store
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      that is somewhat annoying
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

How so? :)
        animated.gif
        Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
        felisean wrote: »
        teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
      • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
        Hopefully, the ship will be C-Store

Ixnay on the C-Storay, Ixnay on the C-Storay!

You'll get eaten alive otherwise.
        People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.

RNG based with promo boxes
        NMXb2ph.png
        • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

RNG based with promo boxes

Yea better go for the alternative then. Did so with all my promo ships. ;)
          animated.gif
          Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
          felisean wrote: »
          teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
        • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
          RNG is one thing... but when the odds are so abysmally low...
          Never pray to RNGesus, he never listens. Sell Promo boxes or keys and let the suckers gamble.
          RNGesus giveth and RNGesus taketh away
          NMXb2ph.png
          • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
            edited June 2019
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTIP19x0z44 Have to watch via youtube Discovery Connie and D7.
          • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
            edited June 2019
            https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11186423-command-the-discovery-era-enterprise-and-d7!

I'm disappointed in both the release method and the seating, Promo + Miracle Worker + Command is three strikes of things I don't like. Thanks for saving me some money Cryptic.
            Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
            eaY7Xxu.png
          • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
            Sweet Jesus the stats on those fighters. Nine beam arrays on 36 fighters, I mean damn.
          • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
            Polarized Lattice-Optimized Tritanium Armor
            P.L.O.T. Armor
            Ok.
            szim wrote: »
            P.L.O.T. Armor
            Ok.

Oh. My God. Fuklcing #Dead LOL.
            You know who has two thumbs and is getting mugged by Cryptic on Thursday? This guy.
          • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
            edited June 2019
            P.L.O.T. Armor
            Ok.

LOL That's fantastic! XD
          • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
            P.L.O.T. Armor