shadowkosh wrote: »
    Disco Enterprise is really the Star Trek Phase II ship
    No, THIS is the Phase II ship
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Phase_II
    latest?cb=20060723183227&path-prefix=en

The Disco Connie is the "Planet of the Titans" ship
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Planet_of_the_Titans
    latest?cb=20040630200959&path-prefix=en

I'd prefer that over the Discover we got.....SHORT ENGINES, no pizza cutter.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,214 Arc User
    For those of you wondering, they also confirmed the Disco D7 was also coming to the game. We're either going to see it as a dual lockbox, with unlockable custimization options for the promo versions of the ships, or we will see them as promo ships.

Most likely the Disco Connie and D7 with be a flight deck cruiser considering Disco made the connie TRIBBLE out like a thousand shuttles.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @hanover2 said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @lexusk19 said:
    > > rattler2 wrote: »
    > >
    > > We don't even know HOW we're getting it.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Pretty sure its safe to assume its gonna be in a gamble-box bare minimum.
    >
    > There are no gamble boxes.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The pittance of guaranteed loot does not negate the fact that they are opened in the hope that this time is the .002% random chance of receiving a valuable reward. You put a coin in the slot and pull the lever. It's a gamble, period.

Not legally it isn't, no matter how you twist it.

Technically speaking, By definition they are gambling. One of the definitions of Gamble is exactly that, no matter how you twist it

2. take risky action in the hope of a desired result.
    "the British could only gamble that something would turn up"
    synonyms: take a chance, take a risk, take a leap in the dark, leave things to chance, speculate, venture, buy a pig in a poke; More
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    westx211 wrote: »
    > @hanover2 said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @lexusk19 said:
    > > rattler2 wrote: »
    > >
    > > We don't even know HOW we're getting it.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Pretty sure its safe to assume its gonna be in a gamble-box bare minimum.
    >
    > There are no gamble boxes.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The pittance of guaranteed loot does not negate the fact that they are opened in the hope that this time is the .002% random chance of receiving a valuable reward. You put a coin in the slot and pull the lever. It's a gamble, period.

Not legally it isn't, no matter how you twist it.

Technically speaking, By definition they are gambling. One of the definitions of Gamble is exactly that, no matter how you twist it

2. take risky action in the hope of a desired result.
    "the British could only gamble that something would turn up"
    synonyms: take a chance, take a risk, take a leap in the dark, leave things to chance, speculate, venture, buy a pig in a poke; More

Your technical definition is irrelevant. That definition is not what people who complain about Lockboxes are referring to, as they have repeatedly in this forum tried to equate it with the legal definition of gambling in their crusade against such devices in video games. But we're not going to derail this thread with discussions of gambling or its merits/flaws.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,261 Arc User
    not really it's more of mix of the classic and refit designs with some unique elements. the nacelles are more or less the early classic TOS look with the grill instead of the round thing at back.
    Most likely the Disco Connie and D7 with be a flight deck cruiser considering Disco made the connie TRIBBLE out like a thousand shuttles.
    actually based on dialogue it's only about 30 shuttles and pods shared between the Enterprise and Discovery. alot sure but nothing those 2 couldn't house.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    not really it's more of mix of the classic and refit designs with some unique elements. the nacelles are more or less the early classic TOS look with the grill instead of the round thing at back.
    actually based on dialogue it's only about 30 shuttles and pods shared between the Enterprise and Discovery. alot sure but nothing those 2 couldn't house.

Yeah but its one of the only defining things they showed it doing in the show that could be transferred into game easily, and it would be a nice way to set it apart from the other one.
    > @westx211 said:
    > spiritborn wrote: »
    >
    > shadowkosh wrote: »
    >
    > Disco Enterprise is really the Star Trek Phase II ship
    >
    >
    >
    > not really it's more of mix of the classic and refit designs with some unique elements. the nacelles are more or less the early classic TOS look with the grill instead of the round thing at back.
    > westx211 wrote: »
    >
    > Most likely the Disco Connie and D7 with be a flight deck cruiser considering Disco made the connie TRIBBLE out like a thousand shuttles.
    >
    >
    >
    > actually based on dialogue it's only about 30 shuttles and pods shared between the Enterprise and Discovery. alot sure but nothing those 2 couldn't house.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah but its one of the only defining things they showed it doing in the show that could be transferred into game easily, and it would be a nice way to set it apart from the other one.

It was actually 30ish Section 31 ships against 200 odd total craft counting Discovery, Enterprise, and all of both ships shuttles and drones. At 7 minutes in to the final episode Georgiou tells Leland/Control "by my count we have over 200 vessels and you have onky 30".

My bad, still 100 smallcraft per ship isn't that much especially as bulk of those would be 1 man pods with a phaser strapped on.

A Nimitz class carrier has an airwing of about a 100 craft and those are bigger then the pods and bulk of the room needed for a carrier comes from the logistics anyway, which would be less of an issue for Starfleet ships as phasers use no ammo and the shuttles aren't meant to engage in combat anyway.

I would say we're talking about 8 to 24 shuttles, 12 (shuttle sized) fighters and rest pods for the defending fleet.
    > @westx211 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > not really it's more of mix of the classic and refit designs with some unique elements. the nacelles are more or less the early classic TOS look with the grill instead of the round thing at back.
    >
    > Most likely the Disco Connie and D7 with be a flight deck cruiser considering Disco made the connie TRIBBLE out like a thousand shuttles.
    >
    >
    >
    > actually based on dialogue it's only about 30 shuttles and pods shared between the Enterprise and Discovery. alot sure but nothing those 2 couldn't house.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah but its one of the only defining things they showed it doing in the show that could be transferred into game easily, and it would be a nice way to set it apart from the other one.

It was actually 30ish Section 31 ships against 200 odd total craft counting Discovery, Enterprise, and all of both ships shuttles and drones. At 7 minutes in to the final episode Georgiou tells Leland/Control "by my count we have over 200 vessels and you have onky 30".

My bad, still 100 smallcraft per ship isn't that much especially as bulk of those would be 1 man pods with a phaser strapped on.

A Nimitz class carrier has an airwing of about a 100 craft and those are bigger then the pods and bulk of the room needed for a carrier comes from the logistics anyway, which would be less of an issue for Starfleet ships as phasers use no ammo and the shuttles aren't meant to engage in combat anyway.

I would say we're talking about 8 to 24 shuttles, 12 (shuttle sized) fighters and rest pods for the defending fleet.

That's still enough to justify making the Enterprise a Flight Deck Cruiser.
    > @westx211 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

true but pretty any ship of that size has enough hangar space to make them a flight deck cruiser if cryptic wanted to do so.

A GCS could easily fit that amount of small craft in canon (or more since it could hold runabouts), however it's still a compliment that's small enough, that the connie doesn't have to be a carrier style ship, if cryptic doesn't want to do so.
    > @westx211 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

true but pretty any ship of that size has enough hangar space to make them a flight deck cruiser if cryptic wanted to do so.

A GCS could easily fit that amount of small craft in canon (or more since it could hold runabouts), however it's still a compliment that's small enough, that the connie doesn't have to be a carrier style ship, if cryptic doesn't want to do so.

Yes but what I'm talking about is that everything the devs has said point towards the Disco Connie being a completely seperate ship to the TOS Connie, which means it will need something to set it apart drastically otherwise what's the point for people with the TOS one to want the new one? Making it a flight Deck cruiser fits with what was seen on screen and would easily set it apart.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    CBS said no. No to what? Anything your little hearts desire. That mantra is the classic 'In Case of Emergency, Break Glass' whenever you need it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »
    CBS said no. No to what? Anything your little hearts desire. That mantra is the classic 'In Case of Emergency, Break Glass' whenever you need it.

In the case of the Endgame Connie, it wasn't an "In Case of Emergency". They literally did say no. It wasn't until later that they actually allowed it... as a more limited availability Promo ship rather than lockbox.
    CBS is allowed to change their minds, but until they do if they say no... then there's nothing left to discuss.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    No, THIS is the Phase II ship
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Phase_II
    latest?cb=20060723183227&path-prefix=en

The Disco Connie is the "Planet of the Titans" ship
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Planet_of_the_Titans
    latest?cb=20040630200959&path-prefix=en

No it's not. The Phase II Conni is the concept the TMP refit was based on. The Planet of the Titans is the concept the Crossfield was based on. The DSC Conni is the same one as in The Cage.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    rattler2 wrote: »

In the case of the Endgame Connie, it wasn't an "In Case of Emergency". They literally did say no. It wasn't until later that they actually allowed it... as a more limited availability Promo ship rather than lockbox.
    CBS is allowed to change their minds, but until they do if they say no... then there's nothing left to discuss.

Plus not every instance of them saying no is well documented so sometimes it sounds like speculation, like I can't find anywhere they said no to the endgame connie since, presumably there was no reason to keep it documented when CBS changed their minds.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    We don't even know HOW we're getting it.

Oh I think we have a rather good idea.
    I'd love to be wrong though. Might even jump up and down if I am.

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• talonkuro1talonkuro1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    As long as i get a full disco connie interior. I'm happy either way
    talonkuro1 wrote: »
    As long as i get a full disco connie interior. I'm happy either way

At best probably just the bridge itself. They haven't been doing full interiors unless they have a mission like Beyond the Nexus where they basically use it as the stage for the mission.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    > @artan42 said:
    > Obviously the console will be a inflatable decoy and the D7 will come with a Tribble infestation console.​​

This must happen
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, if we get an Infomercial Holodeck simulation starring Captain Riker disguised as a cook taking us on a tour of the Discovery Enterprise, then we will get a full 2,000 Zen Bridge Pack. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well, if we get an Infomercial Holodeck simulation starring Captain Riker disguised as a cook taking us on a tour of the Discovery Enterprise, then we will get a full 2,000 Zen Bridge Pack. :)

Missed opprotunity for adding other TNG related stuff like a Type 6 Shuttle, Type 2 hand Phaser, and Crusher's Lab Coat.
  • avfp101avfp101 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Could they also throw in a T5 Exeter Class ship, for c-store.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    avfp101 wrote: »
    Could they also throw in a T5 Exeter Class ship, for c-store.

That would be amazing, update the models of the Exeter and the other two Cryptic Connie variants and sell just those as a Zen Store option for people at T6. That way the Connie skins are still in the gamble-box so they are happy.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    > @lexusk19 said:
    > avfp101 wrote: »
    >
    > Could they also throw in a T5 Exeter Class ship, for c-store.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That would be amazing, update the models of the Exeter and the other two Cryptic Connie variants and sell just those as a Zen Store option for people at T6. That way the Connie skins are still in the gamble-box so they are happy.

There. Are. No. Gamble. Boxes.

They might not be gambling but they are by definition "Gamble Boxes"
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    Let's not derail the thread with talk about Lockboxes, please. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    > @lexusk19 said:
    > avfp101 wrote: »
    >
    > Could they also throw in a T5 Exeter Class ship, for c-store.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That would be amazing, update the models of the Exeter and the other two Cryptic Connie variants and sell just those as a Zen Store option for people at T6. That way the Connie skins are still in the gamble-box so they are happy.

There. Are. No. Gamble. Boxes.

Not where Congress is concerned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.