Install Arc

Disco Connie in June?

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    No announcement of how they will be acquired yet :(
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    I'm guessing that we should be getting that announcement here pretty quickly since according to the video it's coming in 3 days.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Here's hoping to C-store
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    i hope c-store too like almost anybody i know ...but we count on it that it will be a promo lootbox ... r&d or doff because the cash cow...so almost no one of the player base will have access to this nice ships it s so sad that i am getting angry and considering to leave because almost any nice stuff is behind that wall
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Puhh... not a carrier fan tbh.
    And rumor suggest it is stand alone like JJ Connie due to size difference.

If Zen = Yes
    If Lockbox = Probably maybe
    If Lobi = Probably maybe
    If R&D = Probably not
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    Soon
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    I think they are just wetting our appetites at the moment - we may well see an announcement in the next 12-24 hours. They may also be looking at the comments, looking at the reaction is. It may well be that they are looking at what will be the best release option.

IF they are T6 C-Store ships, then I think they are going to be exempt from the free T6 ship voucher. I have a feeling they will be marketed with a different price point than the usual 3,000 zen per-ship or 5,000 zen for the two ship bundle.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I have to say I'm cheesed off about the fact they haven't just put everyone out of their misery and confirmed how these ships will be obtained. We can speculate all we wish, but at this point it would be REALLY nice to have some facts - because until we have facts the entire focus of discussion surrounding these ships will be speculation about whether they're promo ships or not. And THAT defeats the object.
    Probably find out tomorrow, stats on Wednesday, and released Thursday. Like pretty much everyone else, I hope both ships are C-store, but I'm tempering my expectations. The fighters (?) in the video strongly suggest to me that it'll be another R&D debacle.
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I have to say I'm cheesed off about the fact they haven't just put everyone out of their misery and confirmed how these ships will be obtained. We can speculate all we wish, but at this point it would be REALLY nice to have some facts - because until we have facts the entire focus of discussion surrounding these ships will be speculation about whether they're promo ships or not. And THAT defeats the object.

I agree.
    In general I do not get why companies make such big mysteries about this kind of stuff.
    If you look at WarGaming and e.g. World of Warships they release ships to testers etc. and for most of them you only ever know which way they become available on release date.
    Once they told people in advance and everyone was happy to know if they can afford them or not. Since then they went back to silence mode and it is annoying.
    Of course people will be disappointed if it is out of reach or not the way they want but at least they can now close that chapter and move on or adjust.
    With this everyone is giddy for the next few days and then comes the disappointment with vengeance...

Idk how well liked proper carriers are within the community.
    My TFO experience tells me “not that much”. With that in mind these two ships would need to be one hell of carriers for people to spend 1 billion on them but what do I know… some people have the J Enterprise and that thing is an abomination.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

Well there is a R&D event coming up soon, add to the fact huge amount of pets is probably going to be annoying to people with lower settings....my guess is there is no doubt it will not be anything but rare A.K.A. R&D box.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    I think they are just wetting our appetites at the moment - we may well see an announcement in the next 12-24 hours. They may also be looking at the comments, looking at the reaction is. It may well be that they are looking at what will be the best release option.
    ^^^
    Sorry, but I'm sure the "Release Option" was decided on when they pitched and got approval to do the ship for STO from CBS. It was locked in MONTHS AGO. Nothing in the comments here, on the STO Reddit, or under the Youtube video are going to make a bit of difference.

Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    ^^^
    Sorry, but I'm sure the "Release Option" was decided on when they pitched and got approval to do the ship for STO from CBS. It was locked in MONTHS AGO. Nothing in the comments here, on the STO Reddit, or under the Youtube video are going to make a bit of difference.

I know, but hope is something we should never just give up on. Until we know what the release option is, all bets are even and valid at the moment ;-)

We're just going to have to wait and see.

People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator

I know, but hope is something we should never just give up on. Until we know what the release option is, all bets are even and valid at the moment ;-)

That's my attitude too. Wait and see. Not saying "oh we already know so be disappointed" for all intents and purposes. Because truth is... we don't know.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

That's my attitude too. Wait and see. Not saying "oh we already know so be disappointed" for all intents and purposes. Because truth is... we don't know.

I really hate the attitude - "it's already decided yada yada yada - prepare to be disappointed yada yada yada"

Of course this has all been agreed beforehand with CBS - on some level we all know that, but we can't be 100% sure what has been agreed with them. Until we know otherwise, all we can do is speculate - and perhaps (given the lack of any announcement on the news section here) ARC are seeing what the reaction is. We can't say for certain otherwise.

Past experience states that they are likely to be hard to get ships - because that's how the game is played when it comes to ships called Enterprise. But... other classes that have been Enterprises are available as C-Store ships; Galaxy, Sovereign, Ambassador, Excelsior (refit)... It's not beyond the realm of possibility that this class could be put up on the C-Store.

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    To be a C-Store ship would be the most awesome thing they could do. I really hope it is.

I'm also realistic and from the look of things it's gonna be promo, probably RnD box.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    It's funny how everyone talks about the R&D box promos. When they had the T6 temporal light cruiser in an R&D box, I actually bought one four pack just to say I tried for it, and got it on the 3rd box. :p lol. Probably cause I never open lootboxes. Gotta give a payout to tempt them to open more. That's how slot machines work after all...
    tasshena wrote: »
    Gotta give a payout to tempt them to open more. That's how slot machines work after all...

Huh... then the Random Number Gods hate me big time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

I really hate the attitude - "it's already decided yada yada yada - prepare to be disappointed yada yada yada"

Of course this has all been agreed beforehand with CBS - on some level we all know that, but we can't be 100% sure what has been agreed with them. Until we know otherwise, all we can do is speculate - and perhaps (given the lack of any announcement on the news section here) ARC are seeing what the reaction is. We can't say for certain otherwise.

Past experience states that they are likely to be hard to get ships - because that's how the game is played when it comes to ships called Enterprise. But... other classes that have been Enterprises are available as C-Store ships; Galaxy, Sovereign, Ambassador, Excelsior (refit)... It's not beyond the realm of possibility that this class could be put up on the C-Store.

Except this one is....there are literally so many factors that stand against it getting put on the C-Store.

The Pets: If everyone could easily obtain the ship just imagine the lag spam

The TOS Connie: Is a R&D ship and the Discovery Connie will be even better than it, plus as with the TOS Connie, I'm sure CBS will want it rare.

The R&D event soon: There is a event soon, would logically be a new ship released

The Complaining: Lets be honest, anyone who owns the TOS Connie is going to complain because this one is better and would be easier to get

The Wait: I doubt they would have waited for the season 2 finale unless they had something really big in mind

New Bridge: I'm sure people are going to really want the Discovery Connie bridge, they don't put exclusive bridges on C-store ships, and only new bridges they have added were all part of previous missions.

CBS and Cryptic: Naturally they're going to want to go the gamble root, and way things are looking who knows if gamble boxes will be legal in the next months to years. This could be the last hurrah.

Lets be honest, from the moment the ship was even talked about being added we all knew it was going to be R&D. There is no other logical outcome.
    Logic may be the beginning of wisdom. But it is not the end of it 😊
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Except this one is....there are literally so many factors that stand against it getting put on the C-Store.

The Pets: If everyone could easily obtain the ship just imagine the lag spam
    However if they are something entirely new and they want feedback on it, more availability would give them that feedback. And new mechanics have never been locked behind promo or lockbox. And Fighter Squadrons are new.
    The TOS Connie: Is a R&D ship and the Discovery Connie will be even better than it, plus as with the TOS Connie, I'm sure CBS will want it rare.
    We don't know the stats, so assuming its automatically gonna be better than the Temporal Connie is not gonna get anywhere.
    The R&D event soon: There is a event soon, would logically be a new ship released
    What's an R&D Weekend have to do with a ship release? Just means you get more XP from R&D projects.
    The Complaining: Lets be honest, anyone who owns the TOS Connie is going to complain because this one is better and would be easier to get
    Again... assuming its better without knowing the stats. The only thing that really makes the Temporal Connie a great ship is BOff layout and Temporal Mechanic. Something that can be put on any ship really. Its pretty much Fleet Quality out of the box too. A C-Store Discovery Connie would also have a fleet variant. Main difference? One console slot.
    The Wait: I doubt they would have waited for the season 2 finale unless they had something really big in mind
    Other than the fact that the Discovery Connie wasn't featured heavily in season 2, and we really only got to see her in action in the finale? They didn't know what she could do until then.
    New Bridge: I'm sure people are going to really want the Discovery Connie bridge, they don't put exclusive bridges on C-store ships, and only new bridges they have added were all part of previous missions.
    As much as I would like to see a bridge, we have no indication of such. Also... All the C-Store Discovery ships have access to the Walker Bridge.
    CBS and Cryptic: Naturally they're going to want to go the gamble root, and way things are looking who knows if gamble boxes will be legal in the next months to years. This could be the last hurrah.
    Fearmongering over politics and assuming worst case scenario.

Lets be honest, from the moment the ship was even talked about being added we all knew it was going to be R&D. There is no other logical outcome.

For you perhaps, but again... we don't know. So lets just wait and see rather than say "We KNOW this because reasons".
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    It amazes me how at this point anyone thinks there is any chance this wont be in a promo pack 😅

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    It amazes me how at this point anyone thinks there is any chance this wont be in a promo pack 😅

Exactly, some people would just rather hang their head in the clouds than live in reality I suppose.
    The reality is we don't know how its gonna be released. Simple as that.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    The reality is we don't know how its gonna be released. Simple as that.

We do know. Kael explicitly stated it on a weekly Twitch livestream.

The Disco Connie and D7 were originally going to be released for the March 21 R&D promo. They decided to hold off until after the end of Disco Season 2 in case either were shown to have a unique capability that would make for interesting gameplay characteristics. So, they pretty much just cobbled the Mirror Crossfield together as a last minute replacement.

We do know, and have known for three months, exactly how this is going to go. So, everyone: Hoard your EC, or buy a box of Kleenex, whichever route you choose to go down.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
    Yeah, we do. It was supposed to be in the last R&D box but was delayed so they could see what special powers the ship had in the last episodes of the season. There is no point burying your head in the sand.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    So damn tired of slot machine prizes as content...
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User

If CBS was involved in decision then they would insist in a purchase though it would be something like $70 each or $100 for both to justify it as a premium ship and still garner good feeling for DSC fans. A R&D/lockbox ship is STO/Crptic/PWE's concept of milking its player-base and give something that is never worth the amount an average player has to pay to get the R&D/lockbox ship. Well, save your ec and keys and prepare for the hunt on exchange and trading channels.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The TOS Constitution was from a show over 50 years ago, so for in-game it had to be rare. The Discovery Constitution is from a show that is current and still active. More incentive to make it more availible to hype up the show.

Oh, and how did they 'cobble together' the Mirror Crossfield? People have been yelling in these Forums that it takes them many months to do a ship and is planned out nine months in advance, and blah, blah, blah. Which is it folks?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    The TOS Constitution was from a show over 50 years ago, so for in-game it had to be rare.

They are selling pre-TOS Discovery era ships in the C-store, meaning era has nothing to do with ships being rare anymore. That is an old "rule" that is clearly no longer enforced.
    The Discovery Constitution is from a show that is current and still active. More incentive to make it more availible to hype up the show.

The "Discovery" is the hero-ship of the entire show, yet they didn't feel the need to "make it more available to hype the show". At this point, it's pretty simple: if it's a ship they know people want REALLY badly and it's from any era other than 2410 it's going to go in a box/promo pack. It's just that simple.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The TOS Constitution was from a show over 50 years ago, so for in-game it had to be rare. The Discovery Constitution is from a show that is current and still active. More incentive to make it more availible to hype up the show.

Oh, and how did they 'cobble together' the Mirror Crossfield? People have been yelling in these Forums that it takes them many months to do a ship and is planned out nine months in advance, and blah, blah, blah. Which is it folks?

Easy. The Section 31 Science Destroyer was already made, yet unreleased, and the regular Crossfield was of course already made. Mashing up existing stuff with a few new bits thrown is not a Herculean task.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
This discussion has been closed.