What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• jurcys#7664 jurcys Member Posts: 1 New User
    the same from Europe...
  • mbevimbevi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    unable to autenticate over here....... someone please call arc and tell them to plug the blue cable in the back of the server again........
  • jaymaverick007jaymaverick007 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    same here in the mid west usa still currently Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
    Retired Rear Admiral-Jay Maverick-
    Known simply as -Maverick-
    Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
    Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
    He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
    "United Federation of Planets"
    12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
    Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    Just been announced on twitter the issue has returned and being worked on. The portals from the Terran Empire weren't fully closed last time and Killy has got through again
  • generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I was playing and the game crashed, I go to get back into the game and the launcher updates, now I can't login to the launcher, all I get is: Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out. WTF? I was just playing the game less than a minute ago!

California - 1:14 PM PST
    Post edited by generaldisaster#4313 on
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    ah darn...just before I get today's last omega...
    suddenly everything went black and couldn't get back in...maybe that containment field was problematic and omega got out.. :tongue: (east Europe if that helps in anything..)
    there go today's endeavors too... :disappointed:
  • grazutgrazut Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same in Southwest USA. Deep Breath. :)
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    same issue - Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Unable to Authenticate - Connection to the account server timed out

I'm in the Los Angeles CA U.S.A. area.

As well at 1:19 PM PST on Wed. 2/6/19 (This is still after your Emergency Maintenance - now listed as 'completed' and after downloading a Launcher update.)

Did a ipconfig /flushdns command as well - same result.

Seems like your Emergency Maintenance didn't fix the issue for everyone. :(

(maybe you should TRY to get a better ISP than Cogent?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • ukdemon666ukdemon666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here been trying for about an hour odd, thought It was my pc being a pain again
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Unable to Authenticate - Connection to the account server timed out

I'm in the Los Angeles CA U.S.A. area.

As well at 1:19 PM PST on Wed. 2/6/19 (This is still after your Emergency Maintenance - now listed as 'completed' and after downloading a Launcher update.)

Did a ipconfig /flushdns command as well - same result.

Seems like your Emergency Maintenance didn't fix the issue for everyone. :(

(maybe you should TRY to get a better ISP than Cogent?

Same here cannot get into game, from Ohio here.
    I hope they get it fixed
  • vargo52vargo52 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Good I thought I screwed something up on my account user/password.... Bad that this is happening.
  • elfcounselelfcounsel Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same on and off from approximately 4pm GMT UK and on going, Launcher only

Great response times from the team which is encouraging that you are monitoring your network appropriately but where is the transparency? Tribbles in the system is not transparent. Is it a real issue or a service delivery issue like client overload? Will we ever know?

Best of luck guys on a fast result for all.
  • thashayerthashayer Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    4:33pm est upstate NY and still with the fun and games
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out...

Already had to deal with losing power due to ice rain, really wanted to relax and warm up.
    edited February 2019
    noticed with the launcher update a new program file appeared, crashreporter.exe , but the program cant work as intended, when you use program to try and make a dump, it fails.
    Switched to state FAILED: Wanted to open process 8088, couldn't open handle/mutex
    8088 would be the PID for Startrekonline.exe (STO launcher)

UPDATE:

got program (not the launcher) to work.... you need to RUN AS ADMIN in order for it to work.
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • robdrdarobdrda Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    same here can't connect to the game
    edited February 2019
    just used program to make both a local dump, and to make a full dump which got sent to the backtrace (what ever that is). so everyone should try doing this. if the devs all of a sudden get a bunch of dump uploads that are all the same, they should take notice and it should also speed up their fixing it.
  • arashi6159arashi6159 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm also Recieving a notification of "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"

and today was my last day needed for the Omega Event
    noticed with the launcher update a new program file, crashreporter.exe , but the program cant work as intended, when you use program to try and make a dump, it fails.
    Switched to state FAILED: Wanted to open process 8088, couldn't open handle/mutex

UPDATE:

got program (not the launcher) to work.... you need to RUN AS ADMIN in order for it to work.

Nope that did not work for me got the same message I have been getting - Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out...

arashi6159 wrote: »
    I'm also Recieving a notification of "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"

I just hope they fixed so I can get the Free ship!!!!!!
  • sgtken60 wrote: »
    noticed with the launcher update a new program file, crashreporter.exe , but the program cant work as intended, when you use program to try and make a dump, it fails.

UPDATE:

Nope that did not work for me got the same message I have been getting - Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out...

this is not the launcher I am talking about. I am talking about a program that got downloaded with the latest launcher patch. it is accessed via explorer and resides in the same directory as the launcher file (startrekonline.exe)
  • eufigenieeufigenie Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    sgtken60 wrote: »

Maybe they just do not want to give the ship.
    edited February 2019
    eufigenie wrote: »
    sgtken60 wrote: »

Maybe they just do not want to give the ship.

I blame Q for this.....
  • jsolo5jsolo5 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Login server is down again....
  • messicrafter#6700 messicrafter Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Same error here. Location:East Tennessee, USA, ISP: BTES

Edit: shut down Arc for 40 mins, Then ran as Admin. Got it to work.
    Post edited by messicrafter#6700 on
    enjin-1234688-19630790-gray.png
    =/\= Member of Star trek Roleplayers and Former Foundry Author in training. =/\=
    edited February 2019

Okay misunderstood you sorry about that @coitusinteruptus , oh well I am going to bed, worked a 12hr day - 2AM-2PM EST was hoping to play a little guess not, just hope I get on in the morning.
  • dansithlisdansithlis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Just to let you know the issue is not only with STO ALL Cryptic games are having the same issue.

i was able to get on the other criptic games only STO is giving me problems so far, and STO let me in around noon for 5 minutes then kicked me out swapping toons and wont let me back in.
  • nightwatcher666nightwatcher666 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm getting the same issue.
    ---
    NightWatcher stood here since 2008. Now he has become NightWatcher666 because the account merger I couldn't keep the name I've used for four years.
    Five@Nightwatcher Unitary for the fleet Collective est. Jan 2010
    [SIGPIC][https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/a46cf270-063c-4551-ba90-e682208b7f20/d5diaus-30edce02-4cec-4369-b066-238f212e9082.jpg][/SIGPIC]
  • thashayerthashayer Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    well... ALMOST there... get in now but toons wont load... lol waiting before load it'll time out..."disconnecting from login server, try again later, etc,etc...."
  • Been trying to sign in for thirty minutes. Get an "ERROR: attempted to update skeleton with no Costume" message. WHAT?