test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

>2 million DPS - > 300K sustained - EPG madness!

mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,974 Arc User
This is what > 2 million DPS looks like with a sustained of around 300K

We ran out of enemies sadly LOL.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Why? What are you trying to say with this? Is this a show off thing?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    mihajlorsmihajlomihajlorsmihajlo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    love game... enjoy it
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Why? What are you trying to say with this? Is this a show off thing?

It's just showing massively EPG damage. Why be like that...
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    (Response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    It's just showing how massively OP EPG is.

Just because you can do massive spikes with it with tons of enemies present doesn't mean it's OP. EPG builds don't even come close to cannon builds in terms of DPS ceiling.

But wow, some of the comments here are truly mature. /s
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I just thought it was impressive. Something I would probably never attain, but it was fun to watch.

Nothing to make childish, attacking comments over.

Matt, I enjoyed it. Congrats.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Good video of players having some fun.

I enjoyed it, thanks for posting it. I agree with @tunebreaker that EPG is in no way ‘overpowered,’ but I dug the video.

Well done! :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I really mean exactly what I said: Why? As in: Why is this on a video?
    What are you trying to say with this video? And is it just a showing off thing? Explain.

IN other words, I don't even come close to understanding what you are attempting to show....other than you are showing off something you did????

Seriously, what am I supposed to be looking at and what am I supposed to see???

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Oh I didn't watch. I couldn't get past the title or the explanation on the OP. I don't watch show off videos.

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I think the Benny Hill music would have worked better.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I think the Benny Hill music would have worked better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
    Here you go!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I really mean exactly what I said: Why? As in: Why is this on a video?
    What are you trying to say with this video? And is it just a showing off thing? Explain.

IN other words, I don't even come close to understanding what you are attempting to show....other than you are showing off something you did????

Seriously, what am I supposed to be looking at and what am I supposed to see???

Umm showing off the damage and his build...should be obvious. Shouldn't take a rocket scientist to see that...
  • Options
    OK..so it is a show off video or not? I just want to learn stuff...not see you guys bragging about stuff.

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    OK..so it is a show off video or not? I just want to learn stuff...not see you guys bragging about stuff.

Man, what is your issue?

They thought it was cool so they made a video. You didn't even watch it and just won't stop bashing on the OP for posting it. Seriously, you're making yourself look like a petty, angry, tool and you need to stop.

If you don't enjoy it, cool.. it's not for everyone, but the OP did nothing to provoke you and the hostility is really not necessary.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I am not being hostile. LOL!

I am asking: is this a show off video or is this something for teaching stuff?

BTW... I am a woman.

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Cool to see you are having fun OP. B)
    echatty wrote: »
    I just thought it was impressive. Something I would probably never attain, but it was fun to watch.

Nothing to make childish, attacking comments over.

Matt, I enjoyed it. Congrats.

It is forum members like you who make logging into this place worthwhile. You are always reasonable, constructive and optimistic. And sure you could attain those numbers if you wanted to. It is a matter of homework (build) practice and finding the right spot in game (map and team you run with). With all of that we could help you with and would love doing that. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,990 Arc User
    Thanks for taking the time to post your video. Always nice to see people having fun in STO. Cheers.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Amazing work. Keep at it.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2018

And yes, it is showing off, so what? I am proud of what we achieved and wanted to show it off to the community, partly to boost my ego which I am honest enough to admit I enjoy doing and partly to show what is possible and the disparities between careers, I make no apologies for any of that.

Thanks for the kind remarks guys.

There is nothing wrong with that at all. You and your friends are having fun in game and you commemorate it. Players have done this since video games came into be.

It is only in this very place, the STO forums, where you have to justify for doing that. The reason why is actually very sad: Most of the players around here simply have nothing to commemorate. ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.