somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
New Klingon weapons

The tardigrade

Discovery interior

J'ula, sister of T'Kuvma

Discovery Andorians

New Bird of Preys

The ISS Discovery and it infamous Captain Killy

"We got to see Tilly's idea of Captain Killy, but I'd like to know more about this woman...who has done all these terrible things." "The I.S.S. Discovery and Discovery swapped places. I can confirm, that @may_wise will return as Captain Killy for our anniversary." @CaptainGeko

Some background on Tilly's role in the game

"It's at a time when Tilly's at the Academy, when she still has that exuberance...she'll lead you through this experience."

The team has had tons of discussions over which Klingon house to use, and how many. Starting with one, moving to more hopefully later.

"I feel like Landry has a special distinction, probably in the entire canon...she's probably the hardest Starfleet officer we've ever met." @therehkasharma "It's a long way off, but that's the story we want to tell." @CaptainGeko #AgeofDiscovery

"Kirsten Byer had a story of Pahvo that she wanted to do on the show but didn't have time...she gave it to us. So we'll be exploring that in the game."

"#AgeofDiscovery doesn't end in the fall. It'll continue through our anniversary and upcoming releases...if you love our STO storylines, they'll continue the same way. I hope you'll join us on our journey." @CaptainGeko
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    No Mirror Uniforms? Boooo!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    I want that interior on my Crossfield and Walker class ships
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
      Just hope they don't force the purple people eaters on us...they know that will drive away fans.
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
      @duncanidaho11
      You might want to see the Tartegrade!

Looking forward to all the new shiny. I want that interior for my Crossfield. USS Takao needs to look right on the inside. Right now she's using the TOS Connie interior.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
      lianthelia wrote: »
      Just hope they don't force the purple people eaters on us...they know that will drive away fans.

Confirmed multiple times on the livestream: no, Discovery Klingons will not replace anyone's Klingon character, boff, or the appearance of canon NPC's who are not from that time; exactly as with TOS Kingons and Kelvin Klingons.
      Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    • Options
      edited August 2018
      rattler2 wrote: »
      @duncanidaho11
      You might want to see the Tartegrade!

I've been squeeing all over twitter about it. ;)

thay8472 wrote: »
      No Mirror Uniforms? Boooo!!!!

You know Killy's been confirmed! How can they have Mirror DSC stuff without uniforms?
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    • Options
      lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

Confirmed multiple times on the livestream: no, Discovery Klingons will not replace anyone's Klingon character, boff, or the appearance of canon NPC's who are not from that time; exactly as with TOS Kingons and Kelvin Klingons.

They're a different case, TOS has come and gone and Kelvin was a different universe...not some old guys trying to whitewash over star trek to make a quick and dirty dollar.

Or have you not noticed how much *merchandise* is being made just to slap the star trek name to make a quick buck like a cheap streetwalker.

Because yeah...when you think of star trek, you think of bikers! :D
    • Options
      edited August 2018

They're a different case

No, they're not. Cryptic has explicitly stated that anything added for players re. DSC Klingons will be optional, just as with TOS and Kelvin. While there will be DSC Klingons coming to the DSC time period, there will not be a 1:1 substitution between them and Klingons from 2410.
    • Options

You know Killy's been confirmed! How can they have Mirror DSC stuff without uniforms?

Maybe Starfleet found her and did something stupid ... like invite her into S31.
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
      I shall name my tardigrade "Mooncake" XD
    • Options
      lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      Oooo.....looking forward to this.

It was never explained what happened to the I.S.S. Discovery in the show, it swapped places and then......?
      Guess we'll find out now.
      SulMatuul.png
    • Options
      lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      lordsteve1 wrote: »
      It was never explained what happened to the I.S.S. Discovery in the show, it swapped places and then......?
      Actually it was to some extent. When Prime Discovery returned, and Admiral Cornwell found them, the reason why she was so on edge was because she says the Discovery was found destroyed, with everyone dead, 9 months ago.

We don't know how it was destroyed, but we know the ISS Discovery got blasted to bits shortly after arriving in the Prime universe.

Ah well remembered!

I need to rewatch the series to refresh my memory.

That explanation would fit nicely though as it gives a 9 month window of stories to explore without messing with the show plot. And if Tilly is involved it opens up all sorts of fun ideas. I'm guessing seeing her opposite number acting like a murderous lunatic might affect her a bit in the show, but then again she never saw exactly what she was like.
      SulMatuul.png
    • Options
      I kinda believe ISS Discovery ran into a Klingon Battlegroup and bit off more than she could chew.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      I kinda believe ISS Discovery ran into a Klingon Battlegroup and bit off more than she could chew.

Maybe 'Killy' did a Dukat on them? Beams all her crew to the Klingon ship and vice-versa ... then blew up her own ship! :open_mouth:
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      That would mean Killy is still alive and may appear in Discovery...
    • Options
      Maybe she will?

Okay what about .... owww ... what if our mirror selves save Captain Killy in some temporal-timey-wimey adventure and she joins our crew as a bridge officer?!
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      We'd need mirror universe versions of ourselves first.
    • Options
      We'd need mirror universe versions of ourselves first.

we've played as alternate versions of our PC's before, they could do that again and slap the Terran uniform on us.
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      Well... true...
    • Options
      frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User

The Andorians look good, basically a natural evolution of the older Andorian designs.

To me, this new take on the Klingons looks far better than what we actually got in Discovery. Perhaps, it's the difference between artwork and makeup, but her face doesn't look nearly as stiff, and the features don't look as exaggerated. She could use some hair though; I'm still not a fan of the bald look.
      Waiting for a programmer ...
      qVpg1km.png
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      They put our toons into overalls in Temporal Ambassador so it's more than doable on a Discovery mirror costume. Maybe have it as a mission reward for doing the anniversary episode.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
        What, tardigrades are supposed to be microscopic lifeforms on this planet, why are they suddenly big?
      • Options
        patrickngo wrote: »
        heh, 'fearsome'...lol.

yeah, it stabs you in the leg when you holster it.

To be fair... so do top end STANDARD Disruptor bolt pistols.
      • Options
        markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
        patrickngo wrote: »
        heh, 'fearsome'...lol.

yeah, it stabs you in the leg when you holster it.
        Isn't that true of pretty much all Klingon weapons?
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
      This discussion has been closed.