test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,182 Arc User
    Briana: You picked my favorite spot... *Joins Romani and sits across from her* Remember all the times we came here... Well the here back home... just you me and Lexi... *smiles as she remembers*

Nick: Alright.... I think nothing else needs to be said... I wish you luck, Matt... unless you have something to say to us before we leave...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Aiden: True, but humans have never seen a live Dinosaur till you met us. But almost any problems in the meeting between the two species, the Voth were the ones that either ran or shot the humans.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,244 Arc User
    Jessica: I found a place in texas we could go to.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,273 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Prime Raneson: Indeed. I think the old political differences between our two races weren't really needed. Plus, Humans and Voth both come from the same planet of origin; Earth. Almost like how the Vulcan and Romulan races formed, only without the intense hatred.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Aiden: So what the difference between the human/voth and the Vulcan/Romulans?

Fiona: But is Texas near Hawaii?

Leo: Hawaii a bunch of island, islands are surrounded by water.

Rose: You are forgetting Transporters kids.

Fiona: Have we had Catfish?

Rose: No, but its good if done right.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Prime Raneson: The differences are: the intense hatred doesn't exist from either of our races, Voth and Humans did not come from an earlier species and thus are not related except for planet of origin, whereas the Vulcans and the Romulans did come from such. Humans also first appeared 7 to 5 million years ago on Earth... Hmm... When did the first Voth come into existence on Earth? Around 175 to 150 million years ago?
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (well, there's absolutely no point in roleplaying with myself, so now that part's done and i have nothing to do when people are sleeping...again)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    (Never said i wouldn't still be involved. Just Nick is leaving. Ravager is still around and hell, who knows. you may run into that universe's version of Nick... i did actually plan on that just so you know...)

Nick: anything to say before we go?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    (In any universe, there's always some sort of counterpart for someone or a version of someone. Some kind of unspoken law about universes or something.)
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    Voth: Current Theory around is the Proto_Voth would appear around the time of the Chiluxub Event. So 65 million years. It is thought that the protovoth were of a hunter gatherer society at the time. We were saved by a race we call the preservers. But yes, we do not have the history the vulcans and Romulans do. Your episode was more about unresolved issues then just what was happeneing. The people who imprisoned you and your comrades were not punished for what you thought they should. Which is quite natural.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,244 Arc User
    Jessica: What do you think Krys?

(gotta go to bed. Got an interview early in the morning tomorrow.)
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    Prime Raneson: ... *Look of shock and surprise* Wait what? The Preservers? As in THE Preservers?! As in the same race responsible for all humanoid life in the galaxy?! That is big news and it fills in a gap in Earth history. We never knew how you, the Voth got off-world.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,121 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Never been to Texas before. Sounds like fun.
    Gaia: *sticks her hands in her pockets*
    Romani: *shrugs*
    Pizza guy: *notices Briana* Haven't seen you in a while Krystal. The usual?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (Cue MASH Laugh Track... Seriously there should be a TV show on this. Would have been EPIC)
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Briana: *Turns around slightly* I'm... I'm not.. not... just... just really... *Groans and buries her head in her hands* This is your fault Romani....

Nick: *Looks at Gaia* I think he's not coming.... you ready to go?
  • Options
    (yeah, that never made any sense...the voth couldn't have left under their own power, because there would have been evidence of a progenitor race that developed advanced technology otherwise once humanity started poking deeply enough)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,121 Community Moderator
    Gaia: Well... I kinda got places to go so... I'llsee you around Matthew? *seductive wink*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Aiden: There is no evidence of this, but there is no evidence of our former selves had the technology to do this. There is no evidence of mining or agriculture of this time period. It would take a large number of resources to make a ship or ships to travel in space. There just isn't evidence of it in Earth's history till the Anthropocene. Are the same preservers that you met during the Iconian wars? I do nto know, buit its more likely then any other theory
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited April 2018
    (Yep. The only explanation is that the preservers were actually responsible for the Voth getting off of Earth and to the Delta Quadrant. This is the race that revealed the fact that Klingons, Vulcans, Romulans, Ferengi, Humans are all very distantly related because they all originated from the Preservers themselves, so the Preservers saving the Voth and putting them in the Delta Quadrant is pretty plausible.)
    Prime Raneson: I'm talking about the Preservers that Picard found out about during the 2360s. Supposedly, they were the ones responsible for the existence of all current humanoid life as we know it today.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    Aiden: There is a question to be asked, why did they remove us from Earth, instead of diverting the asteroid?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (well, they didn't really have time, considering the asteroid was Q's fault)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: You heard the beautiful lady, matt. she has places to be and so do I... Hopefully some of those places will be the same. *Smiles to himself* because i really do enjoy being around her. *Smirks as he hits his commbage and puts a hand on Gaia's shoulder as they beam away, his other hand displaying a peace sign*

Briana: *Sighs and whispers to Romani and Oculus* Should i just say yes and see what her "usual" is?
  • Options
    Aiden: The same preservers that were killed by the Iconians? Probably. But that means the Preservers have been monitoring the Galaxy for at 65 million years, at the earliest. Most likely;y is that they been around 600 million years monitoring Earth biome.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Prime Raneson: Not to mention the Preservers literally controlled the entire galaxy and were the first empire in history long before the Tkon Empire and the Iconian Whole. Which means, technically, three big empires ruled the galaxy or atleast most of it; the Preserver empire, the Iconian Whole, and the Tkon Empire, all at different times in history. So it is certainly possible that the Preservers have been monitoring Earth for millions of years until sometime after they got your species off-world, they went the way of the Dodo; extinct. The ones the Iconians killed were likely the last remaining Preservers in the galaxy.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    (they didn't go extinct, though - they retreated to pegasus)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited April 2018
    (The Pegasus Galaxy? As in this one; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_Dwarf_Irregular_Galaxy Is that the one? I think the Milky Way powers aren't even aware some Preservers went to the Pegasus galaxy. So as far as the Milky Way is concerned, they're extinct.)
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    (starfleet knows; alex told them all about the stargate buried in cheyenne mountain, atlastis and all that - there's currently a federation presence on the city, in fact)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Not exactly, Ranneson is not high enough security clearance, but in our thread, a couple fo the Preservers did survive the attack, but with so few it was thought best to follow their brethren to Pegasus Galaxy. An homage to Babylon 5, where the old Ones left so the younger races may progress)
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    (Uh... Raneson is on the Joint Chiefs of Staff, she has the clearance. Dr. Aiden does not, hence why Raneson never said "Oh, there were survivors that fled to Pegasus by the way", as Aiden simply does not have the clearance to know about it.)
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    (Aiden knows about the PReservers becuase he is a valuable member of Starfleet medical corp, but the theory of the PReservers is not a thory held by just the Humans, Romulans, and Cardassians, but is a rumor/theory all over the Galaxy. You are thinking that Aiden is like Troi, he aint. He is the preeminent expert of Voth psychology in the Federation. He also has studied alot of different species to help the facilitation of relations between the Alpha Powers and his own people. Of Course, this is why he is not on a Voth ship, because he would be dead or reassigned becuase he as posses the Distant Origin. And yes, there is stufff that Joint Chief has not been told because its compartmentalize. )
    Ancient Griffon insult