test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What else do you play?

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
I play STO and neverwinter.. looking for something different. preferable F2P.
Spock.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Online, I mostly play STO and Champions Online, another Cryptic offering (superheroes - right now Foxbatcon is going on, so things are a might silly around Millennium City just now...). You thought STO had a good character creator? Meet Weapon Xmas:
    Weapon_Xmas_2.jpg

or the Shark Knight:
    Shark_Knight.jpg

or, for Golden Age goodness, Hypernova!
    Hypernova_zpsqhhh62qt.png
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Yup. Champions Online is a great choice if you love superheroes. The Character Creator is easy to get lost in. Many players spend hours creating that perfect look. Lots of players over there who would love to help you get started.

Maybe check out the board, first, before jumping into the creator. Lots of friendly, helpful folks on that board. https://arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/categories
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I tried Champions for a bit. Have a Character named Sakura McCloud, who was a soldier that was part of a special project. Ended up giving her fox ears and a fox tail but also made her a supersoldier.

Haven't touched that game in a while though. The combat felt a bit clunky compared to STO. But that's my opinion.

I sometimes fire up Heroes of the Storm. Best part about that game is you DON'T have to play against other players. You can go full AI team and vs AI with you as the only player, or you can have a full player team vs AI.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    anyone try Tera or Black Desert?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i would figure with a name like "vetteguy" you would be interested in SWTOR as a male sith warrior with Vette by your side playing f2p :P.

champions used to be something years ago before f2p destroyed it. i have tried to play the game, but i have almost zero interest in it any more unfortunately. there has been next to no improvements to the game since compared to STO where the storyline process is a lot of more streamlined. i wouldn't recommend the game myself, however there are scant few super hero mmo's out there as it is.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Star Wars, Old Republic - you probably don't have to pay, but you're going to want to run a lot of heroics for credits to help unlock stuff.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Mainly Crusader Kings II.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    speaking of, CK2 is currently free on steam for the weekend​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Total War Warhammer, Total War Attila, Left 4 Dead 2 and Star Wars Empire at War.
    I am looking forward to Total War Thrones of Britannia and Total War Three Kingdoms
    At the moment, I'm playing Spec Ops The Line and getting some bank heists on Payday 2
    Post edited by theraven2378 on
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
      Mostly I only play World of Warships and Team Fortress 2 these days.
    • Options
      admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
      BSGO, subnautica and 7 days to die
      fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
      @ren_larreck
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      Left 4 Dead 2, I found a jukebox. I found a certain track and suddenly my chill out music session is interrupted by a mass of zombies all singing along to the chorus as they are trying to overrun me and my team of zombie slayers. Worse part is that all I had to hand was a depleted shotgun and a frying pan to fight the horde, all those dings :D
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
        X-Com 2.

Feeling a bit nostalgic... I'm gonna reinstall GTA IV. If I can find my discs...
      • Options
        evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
        For MMOs, WoW and STO with occasional SWtOR and LotRO. Also play CoD, Hearthstone, and frequently replay games I grew up with. In the last week I've played through Resident Evil: Code Veronica X and Resident Evil 0. Now I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna play REmake or skip to 2 and 3 (I've always wanted to do a playthrough where I do the events of those two games in chronological order).
        Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
        eaY7Xxu.png
      • Options
        or that..

ywbae07.jpg

What's that I must ask?? Doesn't look like that horrid Battlestar Galactica Online
        eaY7Xxu.png
      • Options
        it's a mod for homeworld 2 - the interface is a dead giveaway​​
        Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
        "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      • Options
        rattler2 wrote: »
        I tried Champions for a bit. Have a Character named Sakura McCloud, who was a soldier that was part of a special project. Ended up giving her fox ears and a fox tail but also made her a supersoldier.

Haven't touched that game in a while though. The combat felt a bit clunky compared to STO. But that's my opinion.

I sometimes fire up Heroes of the Storm. Best part about that game is you DON'T have to play against other players. You can go full AI team and vs AI with you as the only player, or you can have a full player team vs AI.

I've tried multiple times to get into champions, all it ever does is make me miss the far superior City of Heroes. The combat in particular is something I hate, doesn't matter what the theme is I will always prefer traditional WoW style combat for my MMOs (except space stuff, cause that's different).
        eaY7Xxu.png
      • Options
        which CO has - and by the way, tab targeting is pure cancer and companies are starting to realize it...that's why very few modern MMOs have that kind of a combat system​​

#LegalizeAwoo