test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Victory is Life, our Fourth Expansion, Coming June 2018!

Comments

• Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    rezking wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to a non-aligned faction, I want the Jemmies to be their own faction.
    I hope there will be T7 ships by the time June rolls around, at least an Attack Ship for Jemmies only.

Thank you for not making the new faction the Cardashians.

T7 ships are a bad idea on so many levels... especially so soon after the space revamp... I don't even know where to start.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    I still think Kira Nerys' facial design needs some refining. It just doesn't look like her. The others are not perfect of course but good & have a stronger resemblance.

Anyone else notice that Odo, Quark and Kira are too young to from STO's current time? Odo as Head of Security and Quark running his bar? My guess is we will playing a Jem'Hadar from the time of the Dominion War for a few missions and then we will come back with Odo to help with the Hur'q.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    I don’t understand all the negativity of the level increase from 60 to 65. Sure the hit tables will be scaled up accordingly and coming from a player that has four character all maxed out (level 230*) adding 60 to 65 is a Meh. It seems to be implied in the twitch stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/241348181##

Adding the five levels will give them more flexibility to tweak the mechanics going forward without impacting current content. Right now Cryptic is caught between two extremes player bases, those that don’t want to any changes to the existing gameplay (keeping DPS is king, and making TAC builds the only relevant builds), and those demanding fixes (make the other classes relevant). This is there compromise. It is hinted that one mission in the new arc will have it so sheer DPS will not save you, again Cryptic trying to make the other classes relevant.

*If you do the math and include leveling required to fill out all the speculations the real level would be 230.

When it comes to the ship Tiers, I agree the solution is not to keep adding more Tiers, In fact I would go the opposite way and remove all Tiers, and make the class of ship the Tier, I don’t care how over powered a Tier6 TOS Connie is it’s never going to beat even the most under equipped Universe Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Cruiser. The question is how do you go about balancing the ships for gameplay, Force a weight class and make it so only on some missions you need to use smaller ships, they sort have done this with shuttle missions.

Time will tell…
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > thorodal wrote: »
    >
    > Well... guess Bashir's a Captain now: https://de-de.facebook.com/StarTrekOnlineDE/videos/1616453795099572/
    >
    >
    >
    > Nope
    >
    > https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/86d3vj/announcing_andrew_robinson_and_alexander_siddig/dw47yzj/
    > >thomasmarroneSTO Starship Artist
    > >I double checked this, the uniform in the promo art is wrong. In the game he's wearing the doctor's white uniform and is a Commander.

Without a source I’m going to assume he’s a Captain until I’m told otherwise
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    hmmm will they cap level progression like they do with admiralty? after all you wouldnt want folks leveling 17x faster than norm :P you only have 5 levels... should finish in 1 full day?
  • Options
    hiep16hiep16 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    My previcious comment was somehow disappear...
    1. Why we need a new level increase? Grinding is not a factor that haold you long in the game....what STO need is endgame:
    -make the sector battlezone that you can form larger teams and then not only damage is important..when the enemy make much damage. With that all classes can have again sense...from healer and supporter to damagedealer
    2.Beginning as level 60 as jemhader: thanks no boring leveling again and you are born as soldiers - have already the skills and implemented experience for combat. I propose that the unique jemhader story should be longer so that you can look deep in the affairs of the dominion and his jemhader.
    3.The engineer could get a unique class: cruiser get a secondary shield or one console more.
    4. Thanks no Tier 7 ships in sight :)
    Edit: sorry for my grammer/spelling failures :)
  • Options
    generalkertag#2364 generalkertag Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I am very happy to see the level cap go up finally, and to see some fresh DS9 story lines rock into STO. The best part about it you ask?! We just might get a little more Capt. Kurland!
    2j4zi3k.jpg

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I am very happy to see the level cap go up finally, and to see some fresh DS9 story lines rock into STO. The best part about it you ask?! We just might get a little more Capt. Kurland!

Kurland sadly won't be voiced except the stupid static clip, since it requires Borticus to be part of the Screen Actor's Guild (It's how they can have the rest of the star trek actors now).

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Why are people still calling this a "Dominion" Faction. It clearly says "Jem'Hadar " faction.

Better question is that as Jem'Hadar faction could we only have "one" choice to play as a Jem'Hadar only? or would there be other other species associated with it like Vorta or Cardassian.

I'm sure Changellings would be out of any faction since impossible to write programs for it.

Dominion Faction composed of:
    -Jem'Hadar
    -Founders
    -Vorta
    -Cardassians
    -Karemma
    -T-Rogorans
    -Yaderans
    ( as per Memory Alpha)

Jem'Hadar Faction:
    -Jem'Hadar only?

So what would it be?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    > @storules said:
    > Why are people still calling this a "Dominion" Faction. It clearly says "Jem'Hadar " faction.
    >
    > Better question is that as Jem'Hadar faction could we only have "one" choice to play as a Jem'Hadar only? or would there be other other species associated with it like Vorta or Cardassian.
    >
    > I'm sure Changellings would be out of any faction since impossible to write programs for it.
    >
    > Dominion Faction composed of:
    > -Jem'Hadar
    > -Founders
    > -Vorta
    > -Cardassians
    > -Karemma
    > -T-Rogorans
    > -Yaderans
    > ( as per Memory Alpha)
    >
    > Jem'Hadar Faction:
    > -Jem'Hadar only?
    >
    > So what would it be?​​

Again you according to the twitch stream, you ‘start out’ as a member of the Dominion suggesting those other races will be available (and possibly playable breen?).
  • Options
    archbetharchbeth Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    *crossing fingers at Vorta captains*

(By the will of the Founders, let there be Vorta Captains, to spread the Good Word of Our Goo and Saviors, the Founders!)
  • Options
    ncc42662ncc42662 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    andycman wrote: »
    Get Sisko! His last words in ds9 were practically "I'll be back" and his baseball still sits on his desk to this day. Above everything I think this would be the most significant event if it were to happen...

Who says he's not? ;) Sisko could very well (and I somewhat suspect) return from The Prophets for a major Bajor affecting event. :smile:

"The Prime Directive is merely a guideline to help make the right choice" -Vn'dor Phail, Capt
    :: sneezes :: Why is it no-one dusts the bridge on Starfleet vessels?" -Emsil Marat, Glinn
    "We can not interfere in the progression of one's life" -Richard Lynch, LtCdr
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    ncc42662 wrote: »
    andycman wrote: »
    Get Sisko! His last words in ds9 were practically "I'll be back" and his baseball still sits on his desk to this day. Above everything I think this would be the most significant event if it were to happen...

Who says he's not? ;) Sisko could very well (and I somewhat suspect) return from The Prophets for a major Bajor affecting event. :smile:

I would be really surprised to see Sisko voiced. That guy is too looney for even Shatner to put up with. :P
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    Why are people still calling this a "Dominion" Faction. It clearly says "Jem'Hadar " faction.

Better question is that as Jem'Hadar faction could we only have "one" choice to play as a Jem'Hadar only? or would there be other other species associated with it like Vorta or Cardassian.

I'm sure Changellings would be out of any faction since impossible to write programs for it.

Dominion Faction composed of:
    -Jem'Hadar
    -Founders
    -Vorta
    -Cardassians
    -Karemma
    -T-Rogorans
    -Yaderans
    ( as per Memory Alpha)

Jem'Hadar Faction:
    -Jem'Hadar only?

So what would it be?​​

On the ten forward weekly stream, they were quite adamant about not answering questions regarding to species options besides Jem'hadar, which means that there could be more options available, but they weren't allowed to say quite yet.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    When will this update be available on Tribble test server?
    There are so many unknown variables, I think I can only get the information I seek by personally testing Victory is Life on Tribble before it goes live.
    jcsww wrote: »
    I would be really surprised to see Sisko voiced. That guy is too looney for even Shatner to put up with. :P

Q: You hit me! Picard never hit me!
    Sisko: I'm not Picard.
    How indomitable a Captain someone is if they don't hesitate to punch down an omnipotent entity. :D

Also, Sisko only had one girlfriend, so compared to Kirk, he's got a better grasp on emotional relationships!

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Can't wait for ViL! And I am welcoming the level increase, might it only be 5 levels, but at least something to do with the main character once more that is not repeating one single queue maaaaaaaaany times...
  • Options
    lamppost25lamppost25 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    jiralinria wrote: »
    Can't wait for ViL! And I am welcoming the level increase, might it only be 5 levels, but at least something to do with the main character once more that is not repeating one single queue maaaaaaaaany times...

you can get more story missions without a level increase...these are two separate things.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    When will this update be available on Tribble test server?
    There are so many unknown variables, I think I can only get the information I seek by personally testing Victory is Life on Tribble before it goes live.
    jcsww wrote: »

Q: You hit me! Picard never hit me!
    Sisko: I'm not Picard.
    How indomitable a Captain someone is if they don't hesitate to punch down an omnipotent entity. :D

Also, Sisko only had one girlfriend, so compared to Kirk, he's got a better grasp on emotional relationships!

I take it you haven't seen, The Captain's. Although I am not a fan of his character as well because it was so entwined with the Bajoran religion, but I meant in real life. The man is so far beyond eccentric, that he seems like he's a lunatic.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    > @storules said:
    > Why are people still calling this a "Dominion" Faction. It clearly says "Jem'Hadar " faction.
    >
    > Better question is that as Jem'Hadar faction could we only have "one" choice to play as a Jem'Hadar only? or would there be other other species associated with it like Vorta or Cardassian.
    >
    > I'm sure Changellings would be out of any faction since impossible to write programs for it.
    >
    > -Jem'Hadar
    > -Founders
    > -Vorta
    > -Cardassians
    > -Karemma
    > -T-Rogorans
    > -Yaderans
    > ( as per Memory Alpha)
    >
    > Jem'Hadar Faction:
    > -Jem'Hadar only?
    >
    > So what would it be?​​

Again you according to the twitch stream, you ‘start out’ as a member of the Dominion suggesting those other races will be available (and possibly playable breen?).

Yes it is the Jem'Hadar faction but you are also a member of the Dominion, it was pointed out on that stream the other day. Since the Jem'Hadar are the focus of the faction, it would make sense that they would be the only member of that faction. However as for other playable races? i'm wondering if Vorta and Cardassians will be paywalled behind the z store and can be purchased there or in a pack or LTS.

I'm almost certain that Founders won't play any part in it and neither will any minor factions. i mean the Republic still don't have Suliban or Acamarians on their faction yet as other people have asked over the years, so the chances are not great for the Jem'Hadar faction and it make no real sense with founders since they are not concerned by the concerns of solids and besides that, their Vorta and Jem'Hadar commanders are more than capable of directing the Dominion while they remain in the great link. You'd be lucky to find any near the front lines unless it was important or if one of them was a spy and they needed intelligence.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    > @storules said:
    >
    >
    >
    > -Jem'Hadar
    > -Founders
    > -Vorta
    > -Cardassians
    > -Karemma
    > -T-Rogorans
    > -Yaderans
    > ( as per Memory Alpha)
    >
    > Jem'Hadar Faction:
    > -Jem'Hadar only?
    >
    > So what would it be?

So in theory this might mean that eventually you can still play as a Cardassian since they were part of the Dominion faction. Wonder how they might throw that out there? good to know they are still open to other species besides Jem'Hadar otherwise would be boring to some degree having to play with just one species.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Its> @trygvar13 said:
    > nommo#5819 wrote: »
    >
    > I still think Kira Nerys' facial design needs some refining. It just doesn't look like her. The others are not perfect of course but good & have a stronger resemblance.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Anyone else notice that Odo, Quark and Kira are too young to from STO's current time? Odo as Head of Security and Quark running his bar? My guess is we will playing a Jem'Hadar from the time of the Dominion War for a few missions and then we will come back with Odo to help with the Hur'q.

Odo is a Changeling, I don't thing humaniod aging applies to Changeling in Star Trek, plus shapeshifter.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    djf021 wrote: »
    ricosakara wrote: »
    iconians wrote: »
    Alexander Siddig will reprise his role as Julian Bashir and Andrew Robinson will reprise his role as Elim Garak as per this link.

You should really get your marketing guys on the same page.​​
    So who are the last 4to join our marry band of DSNiners?
    I hope one of them is Ezri Dax. Obviously Jadzia Dax is better known (and having Terry Farrell would be awesome) but Jadzia is dead. Ezri really grew on me that last season.
    Maybe Mirror Jadzia or an alt-timeline Jadzia? There was one in DS9 actually, a weird pocket timeline where the Defiant crashed after getting bounced into the past and everyone got marooned on some planet. A lot of the people were part Trill.
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    I still think Kira Nerys' facial design needs some refining. It just doesn't look like her. The others are not perfect of course but good & have a stronger resemblance.
    Anyone else notice that Odo, Quark and Kira are too young to from STO's current time? Odo as Head of Security and Quark running his bar? My guess is we will playing a Jem'Hadar from the time of the Dominion War for a few missions and then we will come back with Odo to help with the Hur'q.
    This got talked about in the livestream. The character artists made two versions of each character, one reflecting how they looked in DS9, and another that we will interact with in game.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I noticed that Bashir is wearing a command uniform is he going to be commanding a ship if he is still a medical officer then he should have the blue on his uniform
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    ricosakara wrote: »
    iconians wrote: »
    Alexander Siddig will reprise his role as Julian Bashir and Andrew Robinson will reprise his role as Elim Garak as per this link.

You should really get your marketing guys on the same page.​​
    So who are the last 4to join our marry band of DSNiners?
    I hope one of them is Ezri Dax. Obviously Jadzia Dax is better known (and having Terry Farrell would be awesome) but Jadzia is dead. Ezri really grew on me that last season.
    Maybe Mirror Jadzia or an alt-timeline Jadzia? There was one in DS9 actually, a weird pocket timeline where the Defiant crashed after getting bounced into the past and everyone got marooned on some planet. A lot of the people were part Trill.
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    This got talked about in the livestream. The character artists made two versions of each character, one reflecting how they looked in DS9, and another that we will interact with in game.

Doubtful, remember that typical Jem'Hadar don't last much beyond 15 years if they make it that far at all, there are exceptions to the rule with a few who live longer than that. Now unless the Jem'Hadar you are playing just came out of a birthing chamber within a few days after confronting the three of them and then 35-37 years pass and your character is still around, it seems more than improbable. It could be a temporal event that puts your character within that timeline playing as a dominion soldier, if the next reveals happen to be Dukat and or Damar, it is clear that it only focuses on a temporal event or event that did happen but played from a narrative point of view for the stake of a storyline, perhaps a station log like that seen with the clips from new romulus, seeing past events take place and played back?

Also Odo is a changling, time means nothing to a shapeshifter, so he could look as he did years earlier as he can years later.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    > @mirrorchaos said:
    > markhawkman wrote: »
    >
    > djf021 wrote: »
    >
    > ricosakara wrote: »
    >
    > iconians wrote: »
    >
    > Alexander Siddig will reprise his role as Julian Bashir and Andrew Robinson will reprise his role as Elim Garak as per this link.
    >
    > You should really get your marketing guys on the same page.​​
    >
    >
    >
    > So who are the last 4to join our marry band of DSNiners?
    >
    >
    >
    > I hope one of them is Ezri Dax. Obviously Jadzia Dax is better known (and having Terry Farrell would be awesome) but Jadzia is dead. Ezri really grew on me that last season.
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe Mirror Jadzia or an alt-timeline Jadzia? There was one in DS9 actually, a weird pocket timeline where the Defiant crashed after getting bounced into the past and everyone got marooned on some planet. A lot of the people were part Trill. trygvar13 wrote: »
    >
    > nommo#5819 wrote: »
    >
    > I still think Kira Nerys' facial design needs some refining. It just doesn't look like her. The others are not perfect of course but good & have a stronger resemblance.
    >
    >
    >
    > Anyone else notice that Odo, Quark and Kira are too young to from STO's current time? Odo as Head of Security and Quark running his bar? My guess is we will playing a Jem'Hadar from the time of the Dominion War for a few missions and then we will come back with Odo to help with the Hur'q.
    >
    >
    >
    > This got talked about in the livestream. The character artists made two versions of each character, one reflecting how they looked in DS9, and another that we will interact with in game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Doubtful, remember that typical Jem'Hadar don't last much beyond 15 years if they make it that far at all, there are exceptions to the rule with a few who live longer than that. Now unless the Jem'Hadar you are playing just came out of a birthing chamber within a few days after confronting the three of them and then 35-37 years pass and your character is still around, it seems more than improbable. It could be a temporal event that puts your character within that timeline playing as a dominion soldier, if the next reveals happen to be Dukat and or Damar, it is clear that it only focuses on a temporal event or event that did happen but played from a narrative point of view for the stake of a storyline, perhaps a station log like that seen with the clips from new romulus, seeing past events take place and played back?
    >
    > Also Odo is a changling, time means nothing to a shapeshifter, so he could look as he did years earlier as he can years later.

What if you’re part of the 2800?
This discussion has been closed.