test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,230 Arc User
    *Veronica exits the lifepod her skin black as an abyss with glowing white lines running around it. She's holding Jack and Amanda*

Veronica: Well that could have gone better.

(Basically Starfleet headquarters is in San Francisco shadow, the federation's head is in paris)

Reina: So where has Rose and Alex gone?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    *imperium losses, both at the battle of DS3 and the strautos battle, were a fair bit higher - an ulfhednar lost to a ramming maneuver by an enemy battleship (assuming the allemand have typical views regarding ramming, otherwise it was just an unlucky shot), 3 vargulf and 5 fenris destroyers, 1 nightfang cruiser from a bombing run launched in an attempt to bring down the interdiction network and 10 garou cruisers, along with dozens of wolf and shredder frigates as well as dozens more mauler, varulv and mauler corvettes, most of the smaller ships having been taken out by heavy fire or torpedo attacks, imperium ships not being as maneuverable as most other ships of similar class in the milky way*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,070 Community Moderator
    Krystal: While we were off at Dranuur... Rose and Alex went to head off that invasion force from another universe. Since we haven't heard anything yet... either everything went well... or went FUBAR.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (and the capitol may be in paris, but the council building is in san francisco, as i already indicated by the linked picture which shows the building with the GG bridge very clearly visible in the background

so either they moved some time between the late 23rd century and now, or they have multiple buildings across the planet in important locations and just HAPPENED to use that one at the time)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,167 Arc User
    *Nick reappears in San Francisco, somewhere out of view, and proceeds to exit onto a street, looking for a restaurant*

*Briana sits in the Tepes mess hall, sipping a Balso tonic and eating a leg of lamb*

(Beta canon says they're in Paris: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Council_of_the_United_Federation_of_Planets
    But beta Canon being just that means.... maybe? maybe not?)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    (... San Fransisco did get attacked during the Dominion War. It's not impossible that the Council Building was moved to Paris after that)
    *A beep goes off at Krys' Ready Room door*
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    (basically, the whole thing can be summed up by this paragraph in the apocrypha section of the Federation Council article on MA
    In the novel Articles of the Federation by Keith R.A. DeCandido, the Federation Council is depicted as being housed in a fifteen-story building in Paris called the Palais de la Concorde. The Council chambers are located on the first floor, while the presidential office is located on the top floor. In Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, however, the Council is depicted as being located in San Francisco, and "In the Flesh" makes mention of the Federation Council building being replicated by Species 8472 in their recreation of the city. The historical archive screen in "In a Mirror, Darkly, Part II" also lists the council as being in San Francisco. However, it has never been explicitly confirmed in the canon that San Francisco is the primary or only meeting place of the Council, leading to some leeway for the novels.

also...at this interruption, i fully expect a scream from krystal)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (It also does allow for some Creative Freedom; we could say that the main Council Building is in Paris since it is the Capital City, while a backup is based in San Fransisco)
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    (I agree with shadow. full scream from Krystal.... also. funny how Krystal is the one feeling someone is behind her all paranoid-like, while Briana is the one actually paranoid of werewolves showing up to mess with her. luckily she can eat a meal in peace.)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    (krystal has good reason to be paranoid, though - shadow likes to pop in behind her while she or someone else just brought him up or while she's distracted in the middle of an ongoing conversation)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,070 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *eye twitch*

*eye twitch*

*full on fox out scream in frustration*

(She foxed out too.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    (Paris is the Capital, so the Council is there, however they cna have a hearing or meeting at any place they wish to, so if there is a hearing for a rogue admiral, they will probably move it to San Fran, or even Aurora or Bajor. Of course, that there is logistical coordination to consider, but Captial is Paris, so almost all the Governemnt meetings are Paris. )

RAdm Rose sees her family and runs to them: Veronica! Amanda, Jack!

Crew manifest state that everyone is accounted for, but not all the crew is alive. But thier bodies has been recovered (saved). (Everyone gets to go back to their families.)

Kesse knock (chimes) on the door to Krystal
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    (I think seven was already knocking at Krystal's door)
    (... San Fransisco did get attacked during the Dominion War. It's not impossible that the Council Building was moved to Paris after that)
    *A beep goes off at Krys' Ready Room door*

• Options
    Krystal: *opens the door, looking about ready to maul something*
  • Options
    Veronica: I did my best to protect everyone and us.
  • Options
    Kesse stps back: Eh, its Kesse, your aide de camp, with a prelim report on the battle fo the superweapon, thought you might want the report.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Raneson: *Sigh* Kesse, what the frak? Don't randomly appear with a report near someone with ARC training... *Also standing at the door* Oh hello, Cuz.
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Kesse: Kind of in the job description of an aide de camp, Admiral. And I didnt barge in here, either.

RAdm Rose: I know (She holds her family) Karter, make sure everyone is accounted for.

Karter: Yes, Boss.

Amanda: I wanna go home.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: *closes her eyes and takes a deep breath* Sorry. I just... with everything going on I'm trying to relax, but keep getting things thrown at me. *looks at her hand* Been a while since I did this too. Sorry if I scared you.
  • Options
    *Nick sits in a restaurant in San Francisco, looking at the news and trying to find the story of what was going down in Paris as he left*
  • Options
    Veronica: We can't honey. *hugs The kids and Rose* The ship is gone.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    (and so are your personal effects - hopefully you were smart enough to not keep anything irreplaceable on the ship

aside from, you know...the freaking KIDS!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2018
    FHN Broadcast: The case battle between ADA Rafael Barba and ADA Buchanan over the issue of reinstatement for Former Captain O'Connor continues, with heated arguments between the two sides of the case. The Supreme Court has yet to make a ruling, but chances of the former captain being reinstated are bleak. Further details as we follow the case. An incident occurred during a test flight of one of the prototype YF-77 Raptor II fighters named "Azure Speed" as it experienced sudden engine flamation and failure, leading to the pilot ejecting and the fighter prototype crashing into a field outside the Paris City Limits, sparking a massive wild fire that police and firefighters are trying to contain and put out. This is FHN, bringing the news to you. *Fanfare*
    ---
    Raneson: It's alright, Cuz, I understand.
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    (you know...the entire planet has a global weather control system - why don't they just direct a few storm clouds to paris if the local fire brigade is having such trouble containing the blaze?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (The last time someone messed with Mother Nature, Hurricane Irma happened. And why would they waste the use of the control system when they could use fire suppression shuttles? They haven't called in those yet but they will soon)
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    *Reina starts feeding Alexis from a bottle containing a red liquid that looks like blood.*

Veronica: What do we do now?
  • Options
    (uh, considering they waste it on far more frivolous things like deciding the sahara needs a shower from 1:00PM to 4:00PM?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: Oh? Former Captain? I don't remember being convicted at a court martial. *he chuckles to himself*I've not violated my command oath, nor any regulations. what happened to innocent until proven guilty? *Puts his PADD down and looks at a waitress* Unspiced Rum, whole bottle of it. the biggest steak you can get me, top it with sauteed mushrooms and onions. Bowl of salt potatoes and melted butter on the side...*Looks back to his PADD* They don't even say what I'm guilty of... this is a damn kangaroo court system... Even Burnham got a trial!

*A man with purple hair in a casual white suit sits down across from Nick*

Nick: Took your sweet time getting here, didn't you Kazuma?...

Kazuma: Well you've been "Dead" for so long, then i see you on the news getting arrested... then giving a speech... are just bored or something?

Nick: No... seems like sh*te is getting worse for the Federation... So... did you really have to come here in your Yakuza looking getup?

Kazuma: Hey, Everything else that looked formal looking was in the wash. i needed to look good to come to a classy place like this. So why did you call me down here anyway?

Nick: Well... I was coming to get some of my collection back. but it seems that as of this very moment, i am not a starfleet captain due to something or another. No Trial. Nothing. So... I'm going to wait a few days for this to play out. they realize what they've done was Highly F**king Illegal, then I'll just take my collection... if I am left in the dust.... I'm gonna need a civilian ship AND some of my collection.... just a few pieces...

Kazuma: I'll see what i can do.... it may take a week or two depending on what you're looking for. Still living at the same place?

Nick: Yeah. Any news on Ravager?

Kazuma: He left trill not long after you came to collect.... Last anyone heard he... well he stole a cargo ship and was headed towards Klingon space.

Nick: They can have him for all i care. Now, care to stay for dinner or am i going to be eating alone?

Kazuma: Sure, I can eat.

*Back on the Tepes, Briana is in the lower observation deck. quietly relaxing alone*
  • Options
    *a Police Detective walks in, looking around, then sees Nick and takes a seat*
    Detective: Sir, I need to speak with you.
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    (I'm still alive...)