test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Enter the Breach!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
Starting this Thursday, Captains on PC will be able to once again battle inside the Voth City Ship for great new rewards!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10829904

Comments

• Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    the console sounds like a photonic decoy.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,879 Arc User
    o.0 I was thinking, yesterday before going to bed, that we would see a return of this event soon.

Time to start thinking that I will receive 10.000 zen tomorrow :p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Launcher ad for this says 4/8 through 4/29. March is 3, not 4.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    The really god thing for me? It's looks like the "gadget" is account unlock :)
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,879 Arc User
    I was hoping for a new ground weapon or some kind of uniform.

The console doesn't seem particularly useful to be fair. Most enemies will be dead before those 20 seconds have passed so it might be fun to use if you can still keep flying - but it's going to be ineffective anyway. 20 seconds without being able to activate abilities means that you're still going to do a lot less damage.

Fun console, but not something I'll be using a lot I guess.
    Fortunately the event itself is fun enough - it will be good to see people queueing for the Breach again - so I'll be participating anyway.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Agreed, I'm not sure I'll use the console much.
    But the account unlock is AWESOME and much appreciated!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    Launcher ad for this says 4/8 through 4/29. March is 3, not 4.

I was coming in here to say the same thing, but...

Anyway, glad to see these special items are becoming account unlocks. For those of us with a multitude of characters, it is much appreciated.

Also, the console does sound a bit 'meh', but it might have some uses when leveling. And since I tend to make a lot of alts I suppose I'll find out if this is true sooner or later.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    zuigje010zuigje010 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Yawn, gladly will skip this grind event.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    *Adopts posture of a Ovaraptor readying to raid a Hadrosaur nest.*
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    *Adopts posture of a Ovaraptor readying to raid a Hadrosaur nest.*
    *adapts posture of thylacine preparing to pounce on bird*
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    the console sounds like a photonic decoy.

Definitely sounds like a newer upgrade version of the same concept.

I do like them having the Andorian ship on there I figure to sort of help promote. I don't remember if it is a new image or original for this "Into The Breach".

At least, if I read correctly, Cryptic is offering the option of having any/all characters complete the event for rewards then do bonus runs for additional rewards or complete with 1 character for console account unlock. I don't remember if the same, but that is a nice option of scaling.
  • Options
    denarakdenarak Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have voth transmissions left over from last year. Will they work on this years event?
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,201 Arc User
    Well, at least it's not Mirror Invasion again. :⁠P
  • Options
    Sounds like the console uses a similar ability to the Dauntless.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,119 Community Moderator
    Acutally the console sounds like what the NPC Voth Palisades do on their own.

Odds are this will be a stat stick for the AP crowd. Another damage buffer. Still... the 50k DL is worth the grind. And with it being an account unlock... I just need to pick WHICH character to run it on.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Ah the trench run. "You're required to maneuver, straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point." If only the actual target was "A small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port." We should go in "Full throttle". LOL
  • Options
    Well... we DO blow up the reactor after blasting a hole in the hull. Hmm well it's more like destroying the Death Star 2.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Good fun console, enjoy anything cloak-related. Best part is account-wide unlock.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    This is the moment I dread most in STO, the appearance of Check Your Targets fortnight.

Most queues I don't mind, but this one causes me to hesitate significantly before deciding if I should do this event.
    The passive bonuses of the console sound useful, but the active ability doesn't have any merit for me personally.
    I don't like temporary cloaks or duplicating my ship.

I prefer skills like Photonic Fleet or Fleet Assistance, where different ships are projected/called in.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Acutally the console sounds like what the NPC Voth Palisades do on their own.
    I was actually referring to the Particle Synthesizer console on the Dauntless which also creates a decoy but instead of cloaking you it will make you appear as the enemy.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm having issues with the Cryptic launcher (for all 3 games). Hopefully things will be better before event.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    o.0 I was thinking, yesterday before going to bed, that we would see a return of this event soon.

Same here. :)
    I might bump into you.

Keep an eye out for a Soyuz or a TOS constitution, both of which having red trim on them....that shall be me. :)

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    nozevinet#1097 nozevinet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    May I take this opportunity and remind the devs that we used to have something called Crystalline Cataclysm event. That one wasn't around for a long time, how about some more of that?
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Yeah it looks like we may never see Crystalline event again. There's chances for it in May and August. If May is another recruiting event then our last chance will be August before I will sadly write it off :(
    Shame as it's the best of these. Maybe it costs them too much of the purple rock.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    I figure they're probably thinking about what they can do with CC to make it not as quick and easy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I'd like to have Crystal one more time to grind something on all characters one last time for old STO. My endurance and time no longer allow for this on breach or mirror. Fast fun and easy crystal. oh well once more into the breach (but only on one character).
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Crystalline: "Hey, uh...I still exist, right? I mean, you devs worked so hard on re-working my event since the game's launch so it would be more do-able. Now I'm just kind of here..."

In all seriousness though, bring this event back! I don't care if people can do it in less than a minute, that's the devs fault for not caring enough and thinking we just need more lockbox and promo ships! I'm barely logging into this game anymore anyways, the least you can do is give me something entertaining and quick. It's the only event that has a ranking system, which makes it more fun.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    this event is slightly better than mirror I guess in that it is shorter... but it's a pain to run. trench run is like on rails... do you even need to do anything except at the auto stop location? do you even need to fly out at the very end? so what if it blows up with you in it? I guess with FAW you can rake up some voth kills with the turrets/nodes? /shrug
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    this event is slightly better than mirror I guess in that it is shorter... but it's a pain to run. trench run is like on rails... do you even need to do anything except at the auto stop location? do you even need to fly out at the very end? so what if it blows up with you in it? I guess with FAW you can rake up some voth kills with the turrets/nodes? /shrug

If I remember correctly if all make it out alive I think there's a wee bonus, but it's so insignificant I can't remember for sure.

Very similar to players not participating till the 2nd arc where you bust through on the side of the city-ship sometimes.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    I would prefer CC and this console isn't worth it for me. I may do it with one toon depends on what I am doing at the time
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]