ryan218 wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »
    Susan: Not really a political thing. They still trade wi th the other cartels I think. *she backs off for a minute trying to force her power back then fires off a combo of punches*

*Penny gets on her and tries to knock her out*

*Melissa blocks before backing off quickly into the dark.*

Melissa: You're pretty good...who taught you?

*Turbolift. It takes a few heavy punches, but Penny does successfully knock Karen out.*

Susan: My Moms. *With the chance to recover she starts going through her motions from training and begins calling forth her frustrations and the energy on her hand begins to flame up*

*Penny beams the unconscious Karen to the brig and grabs a phaser and heads to find Melissa.*

Melissa: How about we make a deal? I'll turn the lights back on if you don't use your powers.

Susan: Or how about you turn the lights back on and I don't start punching through walls until I break something important.

Melissa: You do that and there's a good chance of getting yourself killed.

Susan: Maybe. Or maybe I cause enough damage and we all die. Or I break something important. Anything could happen.

Melissa: Uh-huh? And what about your friend? What if you do something stupid and she dies?

Susan: I have faith she'll figure something out. And that anything I do that would result in her dying would mean you did first because you're a lot closer to me than she is. *she puts her non powered hand against the wall wondering if there's anything important behind it.*

Melissa: Okay, okay...

Computer, lights.

*The lights come on. Susan can tell there's power running through the wall, but not much.*

Susan: Alright. So why'd you kidnap us? *she depowers her hand a lot going back to the small burning that she had earlier*

*Melissa takes a defensive stance.*

Melissa: For the last time, we weren't supposed to be beaming up people! We were just trying to steal a bit of cargo to sell.

Susan: then how about you return us and our cargo back to our ship? I mean we have several reformed pirates on our crew and besides you really don't want HK finding you. *she gets into her own stance*

Melissa: Hm, let me think about it...

No. Thanks, but I don't particularly feel like prison.

*OOC: Most of the reformed pirates on the Ziyal (there are only two anyway) are special cases. Samana had a close relationship with Lilly and had information important enough for the Republic to grant her a pardon. Jari is on the Ziyal as part of her 'community service'.*

Susan: So instead you'd rather keep us kidnapped and risk the consequences of that? Karen the other girl you took is the grand daughter of the president of the republic.

OoC: She's trying to get out of fighting.

Melissa: The Prime Minister's granddaughter living on a frontier freighter? How stupid do you think I am?

Besides, I'm only going to keep you here until we get to port.

Susan: Then what? Are you going to sell us?

OoC: I thought she was supposed to be the president and someone else was the prime minister.

Melissa: I haven't decided yet... If I did, it would be to the Daron Cartel, and they're good to their slaves...

*OOC: No Sam is Prime Minister. Constitutionally, a Republic President has to be elected. Because of the civil war, an election wouldn't have the legitimacy to be constitutional, so most of the President's Executive Powers automatically defaulted to the Senate, who then delegated a good deal of it to Sam in the form of Emergency Powers (which will default back to the Senate when the war ends until a new President is elected).*
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,233 Arc User
    Susan: Not really a political thing. They still trade wi th the other cartels I think. *she backs off for a minute trying to force her power back then fires off a combo of punches*

*Turbolift. It takes a few heavy punches, but Penny does successfully knock Karen out.*

Susan: My Moms. *With the chance to recover she starts going through her motions from training and begins calling forth her frustrations and the energy on her hand begins to flame up*

*Penny beams the unconscious Karen to the brig and grabs a phaser and heads to find Melissa.*

Melissa: How about we make a deal? I'll turn the lights back on if you don't use your powers.

Susan: Or how about you turn the lights back on and I don't start punching through walls until I break something important.

Susan: Maybe. Or maybe I cause enough damage and we all die. Or I break something important. Anything could happen.

Melissa: Uh-huh? And what about your friend? What if you do something stupid and she dies?

Susan: I have faith she'll figure something out. And that anything I do that would result in her dying would mean you did first because you're a lot closer to me than she is. *she puts her non powered hand against the wall wondering if there's anything important behind it.*

Computer, lights.

*The lights come on. Susan can tell there's power running through the wall, but not much.*

Susan: Alright. So why'd you kidnap us? *she depowers her hand a lot going back to the small burning that she had earlier*

Melissa: For the last time, we weren't supposed to be beaming up people! We were just trying to steal a bit of cargo to sell.

Susan: then how about you return us and our cargo back to our ship? I mean we have several reformed pirates on our crew and besides you really don't want HK finding you. *she gets into her own stance*

*OOC: Most of the reformed pirates on the Ziyal (there are only two anyway) are special cases. Samana had a close relationship with Lilly and had information important enough for the Republic to grant her a pardon. Jari is on the Ziyal as part of her 'community service'.*

Susan: So instead you'd rather keep us kidnapped and risk the consequences of that? Karen the other girl you took is the grand daughter of the president of the republic.

Melissa: The Prime Minister's granddaughter living on a frontier freighter? How stupid do you think I am?

OoC: I thought she was supposed to be the president and someone else was the prime minister.

Melissa: I haven't decided yet... If I did, it would be to the Daron Cartel, and they're good to their slaves...

*OOC: No Sam is Prime Minister. Constitutionally, a Republic President has to be elected. Because of the civil war, an election wouldn't have the legitimacy to be constitutional, so most of the President's Executive Powers automatically defaulted to the Senate, who then delegated a good deal of it to Sam in the form of Emergency Powers (which will default back to the Senate when the war ends until a new President is elected).*

OoC: Ohhh.

Susan: well you can understand why I'm a bit reluctant to just sit there and let you do whatever then.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User

Computer, lights.

Susan: well you can understand why I'm a bit reluctant to just sit there and let you do whatever then.

Melissa: Then fight me, targ. No powers.

*Penny should be getting close to finding them.*
  • Options

Computer, lights.

Susan: Why? Why exactly would I not use every advantage to avoid getting sold into slavery?

*Penny shows up and shoots Susan with a stun blast. Susan doesn't go down right away instead getting angrier and her powers flare up again but after being shot 5 more times she falls over unconscious.*
  • Options

Computer, lights.

Susan: Why? Why exactly would I not use every advantage to avoid getting sold into slavery?

*Penny shows up and shoots Susan with a stun blast. Susan doesn't go down right away instead getting angrier and her powers flare up again but after being shot 5 more times she falls over unconscious.*

*Melissa calms down, panting. She tucks a loose bang of hair behind her ear. Penny can see she's pretty bruised, with light burns on her arms from blocking Susan's charged punches.*

Melissa *panting*: Thanks... I take it you got the other one?
  • Options

Computer, lights.

*Melissa calms down, panting. She tucks a loose bang of hair behind her ear. Penny can see she's pretty bruised, with light burns on her arms from blocking Susan's charged punches.*

Penny: I already stuck her in the brig.
  • Options

Computer, lights.

*One hour later, Karen wakes up next to Susan in the brig.*

Karen *groaning*: What happened...?
  • Options

Computer, lights.

Susan: You got knocked out and I got shot. *She starts trying to build up her power again*
  • Options

Computer, lights.

Susan: You got knocked out and I got shot. *She starts trying to build up her power again*

*When she does, she gets a shock from a collar around her neck as Melissa walks in, a bag over her shoulder.*

Melissa: You know how difficult it was to tailor a collar for your powers? In the end I just set the thing to shock you if it detected any abnormal energy signatures.

*Karen tries to charge up her twilight powers, with the same result.*

Ditto. I haven't been able to afford a twilight damper yet, but just setting a collar to shock you if you try using them will do the trick.
  • Options

Computer, lights.

*When she does, she gets a shock from a collar around her neck as Melissa walks in, a bag over her shoulder.*

Melissa: You know how difficult it was to tailor a collar for your powers? In the end I just set the thing to shock you if it detected any abnormal energy signatures.

*Karen tries to charge up her twilight powers, with the same result.*

Ditto. I haven't been able to afford a twilight damper yet, but just setting a collar to shock you if you try using them will do the trick.

Susan: I'm definitely gonna let HK take his time with you.
  • Options
    Melissa: Sounds like you wanna piece of me.

*She sits down opposite them.*

Karen: I wouldn't mind a piece of your friend...
  • Options

OoC: About how long would it take for the Zhiyal to find them?

Susan: Maybe without this collar. *tries to build up her powers again and is shocked*
  • Options

Susan: Maybe without this collar. *tries to build up her powers again and is shocked*

Melissa: Yeah, no. The only way you're getting a shot at me is in a fair fight.

*OOC: The Ziyal can't outrun them, so without knowing where they were headed it's gonna take days to weeks. Especially since the area Karen and Susan were abducted in is off the fold-space beacon network, so the Ziyal is stuck at warp.*
  • Options

*OOC: The Ziyal can't outrun them, so without knowing where they were headed it's gonna take days to weeks. Especially since the area Karen and Susan were abducted in is off the fold-space beacon network, so the Ziyal is stuck at warp.*

OoC: What about if say HK without permission injected a tracking device into Karen because of how often she is kidnapped.

Susan: You don't deserve a fair fight trash. I shouldn't have held back at all.
  • Options

OoC: What about if say HK without permission injected a tracking device into Karen because of how often she is kidnapped.

*OOC: Karen recently had a medical examination, remember? Besides, she doesn't get kidnapped that often (he says during an arc where Karen gets kidnapped).*

Melissa: 'Trash'? What exactly have I done to get that kind of hostility? You two weren't supposed to be here. I held back during that fight. You're only wearing that collar because you literally threatened to blow this ship up and all of us with it.

*OOC: In fairness to her, Melissa has been pretty reasonable - compared to most of the antagonists we've had anyway.*
  • Options

*OOC: Karen recently had a medical examination, remember? Besides, she doesn't get kidnapped that often (he says during an arc where Karen gets kidnapped).*

Melissa: 'Trash'? What exactly have I done to get that kind of hostility? You two weren't supposed to be here. I held back during that fight. You're only wearing that collar because you literally threatened to blow this ship up and all of us with it.

*OOC: In fairness to her, Melissa has been pretty reasonable - compared to most of the antagonists we've had anyway.*

Susan: You're gonna sell us into slavery! The whole slavery part is what I've got a problem with! *she's saying like it should be obvious that she's angry at her for that*

OoC: In fairness to that Slavery is bad.
  • Options

Susan: You're gonna sell us into slavery! The whole slavery part is what I've got a problem with! *she's saying like it should be obvious that she's angry at her for that*

OoC: In fairness to that Slavery is bad.

Melissa: I said I 'might'.

You think I don't know how you feel? I was a slave for the Doran Cartel most of my life.

When I was a kid, the Sela'ni Cartel raided a mining station my family lived on. They took most of the adults and any children old enough to work. They left the rest to die. I was one of the lucky ones - the sergeant who took me stretched the definition of 'old enough'.

The cartel didn't want me though. They sold me on the market as soon as they got to Tri'iarn. A leader of the Doran Cartel took pity on me and bought me. He looked after me and trained me in the arena so I could win my freedom and start a new life.

I owe the Doran Cartel a hell of a lot. Besides, you two could get out of those arenas after your first match based on how their rules work.
  • Options
    Susan: Even a slight chance of slavery is bad. Though I suppose we did throw the first punch though in turn you kidnapped us even if on accident.
  • Options
    Susan: Even a slight chance of slavery is bad. Though I suppose we did throw the first punch though in turn you kidnapped us even if on accident.

Melissa: Yeah, and if you two had given me a minute to think of a solution instead of starting a brawl, I might have come up with something better.

*Melissa opens her bag and shows what looks like a basic MMA kit to Susan.*

So, your choice: you can rot in here until we reach Chilvan, or you can let off some steam and maybe be more prepared for what you find with the Doran as a result.
  • Options

Melissa: Yeah, and if you two had given me a minute to think of a solution instead of starting a brawl, I might have come up with something better.

So, your choice: you can rot in here until we reach Chilvan, or you can let off some steam and maybe be more prepared for what you find with the Doran as a result.

Susan: So you are selling as slaves? otherwise we wouldn't need to get prepared.
  • Options

Susan: So you are selling as slaves? otherwise we wouldn't need to get prepared.

Melissa: I still haven't decided, so assume I am.
  • Options

Susan: Fine then.
  • Options

*Melissa leads Susan to a small gym, which is basically just a 10x10m room with padded walls and floors, looking like it's designed to let two people go all out. Melissa gets changed into a kit with a cropped black tank top and trunks with a training mask. Susan has basically the same kit, but Melissa changes the shock collar for a less intrusive armband.*

OOC: Do you want to have Karen and Penny talk while these two are going at it?
  • Options

*Melissa leads Susan to a small gym, which is basically just a 10x10m room with padded walls and floors, looking like it's designed to let two people go all out. Melissa gets changed into a kit with a cropped black tank top and trunks with a training mask. Susan has basically the same kit, but Melissa changes the shock collar for a less intrusive armband.*

OoC: Sure?

*Susan is clearly still a bit upset at the whole situation.*

OoC: If Susan does get sold into slavery she's going to have an "episode" that's going to end very badly for anyone involved.
  • Options

OoC: If Susan does get sold into slavery she's going to have an "episode" that's going to end very badly for anyone involved.

OOC: Noted.

*Melissa smiles reassuringly at her.*

Melissa: Hit me as hard as you like. Trust me, I can take it.

*Brig. Karen is effectively sulking in the cell.*
  • Options

OOC: Noted.

*Melissa smiles reassuringly at her.*

Melissa: Hit me as hard as you like. Trust me, I can take it.

*Brig. Karen is effectively sulking in the cell.*

OoC: i don't really know where to go with Penny and Karen.

Susan: Why are you even interested in sparring with me?

Penny: Come on its not that bad.
  • Options
    *OOC: I was thinking have those two show a little animosity. Karen's definitely got plenty of that for Penny.*

Melissa: Honestly? You remind me a little of me. Other than that, you impressed me during the brawl. I wanted to see what. You can do in a fair fight.

*She puts up a guard.*
  • Options
    *OOC: I was thinking have those two show a little animosity. Karen's definitely got plenty of that for Penny.*

Melissa: Honestly? You remind me a little of me. Other than that, you impressed me during the brawl. I wanted to see what. You can do in a fair fight.

*She puts up a guard.*

Susan: I impressed you because I used my powers? *she does the same*

OoC: Yeah but what's your idea for the dynamic between Melissa and Penny? Melissa seems decently nice and Susan was being a lot more vicious to her than Karen to Penny.
  • Options

*She puts up a guard.*

OoC: Yeah but what's your idea for the dynamic between Melissa and Penny? Melissa seems decently nice and Susan was being a lot more vicious to her than Karen to Penny.

Melissa: I meant the bits where you weren't using your powers.

*OOC: Penny's basically Melissa's best friend. Given her background, she could be someone who helped Melissa through the Arena. Also, bare in mind Karen is much more of a brawler - she responds to animosity by brawling, not beating. In that Turbolift, Karen was really trying to lay into Penny.

Also, if you want to give Penny a more complete description or backstory, go ahead. I'm thinking of keeping these two around for a while - maybe as recurring antagonists.*
  • Options

*She puts up a guard.*

Melissa: I meant the bits where you weren't using your powers.

*OOC: Penny's basically Melissa's best friend. Given her background, she could be someone who helped Melissa through the Arena. Also, bare in mind Karen is much more of a brawler - she responds to animosity by brawling, not beating. In that Turbolift, Karen was really trying to lay into Penny.

Also, if you want to give Penny a more complete description or backstory, go ahead. I'm thinking of keeping these two around for a while - maybe as recurring antagonists.*

Susan: I told you who I was trained by.

Penny: coulda done a bit better back there.