Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,243 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »
    Steele: I'll admit it is a large force than I was expecting.

Garrick: Looks like they even brought the kitchen sink.

Matt: All ships, Action Stations.

Crunch time gentlemen: stand and fight, or withdraw?

Garrick: Can we afford to just let a force like that keep going?

Steele: We're ready to fight but if you wish to withdraw we can too.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    Steele: I'll admit it is a large force than I was expecting.

Garrick: Looks like they even brought the kitchen sink.

Matt: All ships, Action Stations.

Crunch time gentlemen: stand and fight, or withdraw?

Garrick: Can we afford to just let a force like that keep going?

Steele: We're ready to fight but if you wish to withdraw we can too.

Athena: Pulling back wouldn't change the balance of forces.
  • Options
    Garrick: I suppose we fight then.
  • Options
    Garrick: I suppose we fight then.

Matt: Alright, let's move the fleet here. *He highlights a nearby nebula.*

There's a small clearing we can use as a striking point. It'll give us room to manoeuvre.
  • Options
    Steele: Very well then. *they get ready to move into position*
  • Options

*The fleet begins moving, a large portion cloaking to conceal the numbers of the movement.*

Athena: Admiral, I see your tactics, but you do realise it assumes the Vaadwaur will stay out of the nebula and flood through the Sanvar Corridor?

Matt: We can't stay in orbit and we can't engage in open space - we need to try and limit the number of ships which can engage us directly.

Athena: And if it's not enough?

*Matt gives her a grave look.*

Matt: We retreat. And we pray our minefields slow the Vaadwaur down enough so we can regroup.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Watching the explosion and the affects

Malick: so they had the stomach to do it .I must say I'm impressed. Comm hail the republic command ship open channel .

Tech: channel open sir.

Malick: I'm impressed by your actions. Let me say this you may think you have a victory here but know this visgrad has fallen to my forces and the breen are now fully allied with my forces. So enjoy this minor victory while you can .
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options

*The fleet begins moving, a large portion cloaking to conceal the numbers of the movement.*

Athena: Admiral, I see your tactics, but you do realise it assumes the Vaadwaur will stay out of the nebula and flood through the Sanvar Corridor?

Matt: We can't stay in orbit and we can't engage in open space - we need to try and limit the number of ships which can engage us directly.

Matt: We retreat. And we pray our minefields slow the Vaadwaur down enough so we can regroup.

Steele: I am confident we will succeed.
  • Options

*Twenty minutes later, the Confederation Fleet is organised in the Corridor, flanked on both sides by a large nebula inhibiting shields and targeting scanners. Matt places a Destroyer Screen, backed by Coalition Cruisers, in the front with the Capital ships behind, ready to pound the enemy from range.

The Alliance Fleet begin massing around the nebula, surrounding it and placing a large portion of their fleet at either end of the corridor (200 each).*

Matt: All ships, if you get a shot on the enemy fleet, fire at will. Focus on the cruisers.

Tech: Strike Craft have taken formation. Admiral Trora is requesting permission to engage with them.

Matt: Tell him to hold off. We're going to need to conserve our forces.

*Bridge.*

Tactical: We have a torpedo lock on one of the torpedo cruisers, Captain.
  • Options
    logang19 wrote: »
    Watching the explosion and the affects

Malick: so they had the stomach to do it .I must say I'm impressed. Comm hail the republic command ship open channel .

Tech: channel open sir.

Malick: I'm impressed by your actions. Let me say this you may think you have a victory here but know this visgrad has fallen to my forces and the breen are now fully allied with my forces. So enjoy this minor victory while you can .

*Hargrove has the transmission jammed at the end of Malick's gloat, gripping the edge of the holomap in anger. After a moment, his grip relaxes.*

Hargrove: Get Admiral Hamilton here.

*1 hour later, the CO of the Home Fleet's detachment of SCVs, Rear Admiral (Upper) Hamilton, arrives at Hargrove's office on the Resolute.*

Hamilton: You sent for me sir?

Hargrove: Take this. *He hands Hamilton a data rod.*

It contains the locations of every last supply base and shipyard in Breen Space. Take all but one of your squadrons and destroy every last one.

*Hamilton clears his throat.*

Hamilton: Sir... The Breen Confederacy is large - not to mention militarily capable. 5 squadrons are hardly going to destroy an entire nation's military infrastructure.

Hargrove: The Breen have only just come out of an internal power struggle. In any case, they lost a large chunk of their fleet when the UNSC first deployed their subspace weapon. Defences should be light enough to get the job done. Focus your attack on the supply depots and move towards the shipyards gradually. We need to hit the Breen hard before they can contribute meaningfully to the war.

Hamilton: Yes Sir.

Anything else?

Hargrove: The UNSC have far too many ships in our Galaxy for them to have all been based here when the ICA broke off. See if you can find out how they're getting reinforcements here.

Hamilton: Understood.

*Hamilton heads back to his ship.*
  • Options

*Twenty minutes later, the Confederation Fleet is organised in the Corridor, flanked on both sides by a large nebula inhibiting shields and targeting scanners. Matt places a Destroyer Screen, backed by Coalition Cruisers, in the front with the Capital ships behind, ready to pound the enemy from range.

The Alliance Fleet begin massing around the nebula, surrounding it and placing a large portion of their fleet at either end of the corridor (200 each).*

Matt: All ships, if you get a shot on the enemy fleet, fire at will. Focus on the cruisers.

Tech: Strike Craft have taken formation. Admiral Trora is requesting permission to engage with them.

*Bridge.*

Garrick: Hold off until the Admiral's give the order.

*The Coalition ships aren't affected by the nebula's shield inhibiting affect apparently immune to it.*

Steele: We're ready when you are.
  • Options
    Meanwhile

S'kar: now what?

Malick: now the tzenkethi will fight even harder and the ICA fleet has been severely crippled.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options

*Bridge.*

*The Coalition ships aren't affected by the nebula's shield inhibiting affect apparently immune to it.*

Tech: Admiral, we're recieving a transmission. The Vaadwaur Commander is ordering us to surrender.

Matt: Like Hell. Open fire.
  • Options
    Meanwhile

S'kar: now what?

Malick: now the tzenkethi will fight even harder and the ICA fleet has been severely crippled.

*After a few hours, the first 3 Breen Supply depots fall silent. The rate at which the rest fall steadily increases as the offensive goes on. Meanwhile, the Republic Fleet enters orbit of Tzenkethi Prime and Hargrove meets Janeway aboard Janeway's flagship.*

Hargrove: Admiral.
  • Options

*Bridge.*

Tech: Admiral, we're recieving a transmission. The Vaadwaur Commander is ordering us to surrender.

Garrick: Fire at will. *The Coalition forces begin opening fire on the vaadwaur. Their fighter's hit a lot harder than normal small craft due to the "feedback loop" that all coalitions share where their shields and weapons are stronger the more of their ships are in their vicinity. Think the hazari technique except the weakness has been almost completely eliminated and much more militarized.*
  • Options
    Janeway: admiral. I know it was necessary but I don't have to tell you command isn't happy. But the important thing is we won the battle.
  • Options

*Bridge.*

Garrick: Fire at will. *The Coalition forces begin opening fire on the vaadwaur. Their fighter's hit a lot harder than normal small craft due to the "feedback loop" that all coalitions share where their shields and weapons are stronger the more of their ships are in their vicinity. Think the hazari technique except the weakness has been almost completely eliminated and much more militarized.*

*The Republic ships also start firing, the Republic fighters intercepting their Vaadwaur counterparts. As Alliance frigates and destroyers forge towards the line, the Republic screen moves forward and engages. The nebula successfully narrows the front line to the extent that the Alliance can only bring a fraction of their force to bare at once.

A squadron of Turanian cruisers moves into a blocking position in front of the capital ships as a gap opens in the screen.*
  • Options
    Janeway: admiral. I know it was necessary but I don't have to tell you command isn't happy. But the important thing is we won the battle.

Hargrove: I expect I'll be getting a similar response from the Senate, Admiral.

We need to decide what to do about the Tzenkethi. We now, for a time, control the orbital space over the capital of the Tzenkethi Alliance.

If I had more resources personally, I would be advising an invasion of the capital city to bring the Tzenkethi Government to the negotiating table. I don't. And I doubt we have time to wait out a blockade.
  • Options
    Janeway: so what do you propose?
  • Options

*Bridge.*

*The Republic ships also start firing, the Republic fighters intercepting their Vaadwaur counterparts. As Alliance frigates and destroyers forge towards the line, the Republic screen moves forward and engages. The nebula successfully narrows the front line to the extent that the Alliance can only bring a fraction of their force to bare at once.

A squadron of Turanian cruisers moves into a blocking position in front of the capital ships as a gap opens in the screen.*

*Some of the larger coalition ships reinforce the Republic's ships while the destroyers begin moving around to outmaneuver the vaadwaur*
  • Options
    Janeway: so what do you propose?

Hargrove: I was hoping you had some ideas.
  • Options
    Janeway: well we don't have to many options that I see working. They have major defenses still to protect the planet and it won't take long for then to regroup and attack again. We also don't have the resources for a prolonged campaign

He pulls up a holiday map of the planet

Janeway: we either have to hold the planet and cut off all resources.
  • Options

*Bridge.*

*Some of the larger coalition ships reinforce the Republic's ships while the destroyers begin moving around to outmaneuver the vaadwaur*

*Meanwhile, the Voth Citadel Ships pound the fleet from long range, the melee making it difficult to launch a direct counterattack. A division of Vaadwaur battleships moves forward and begins firing its heavy torpedoes at the Republic battleships.*

Benson: Incoming!

*The Enterprise shudders as a volley hits the forward shields.*

Tactical: Primary forward shields holding at 82%!
  • Options
    Janeway: well we don't have to many options that I see working. They have major defenses still to protect the planet and it won't take long for then to regroup and attack again. We also don't have the resources for a prolonged campaign

He pulls up a holiday map of the planet

Janeway: we either have to hold the planet and cut off all resources.

Hargrove: A quick assault on the capital to force the government to surrender seems like the safest option then... Bombard the defensive installations from orbit and then send what troops we have to take the government sector.
  • Options
    Janeway: agreed. Let's hope that the tzenkethi see the benefit of talking. We should be able to take out these points here outside their planet shield. We can have troops come down there and take down the other shield.

Elsewhere

Ho'ro: I don't see why you aren't concerned about this!

Malick: please remain calm governor. You have plenty of troops to withstand an assault.

Ho'ro: malick..

Malick: you have the resources use them. I'll use the gate system to send some more nightfall troopers to ease your mind .
  • Options
    Janeway turns to face the Maco officer that has just joined them.

Janeway: well what do you think Major. Your men ready for this?

Shrax: of course they are. I'm not going to lie it won't be easy at all. The tzenkethi are fighters. If we can get a few small commandos in to knock out their defense grid that will go a long way to help.
  • Options
    Garrick: Evasive maneuvers. And focus on the ships firing the volleys.

*The Coalition ships keep swarming.*

Steele: Those citadel ships could be a problem later.
  • Options
    Visgrad orbit

Unsc Commonwealth

Narn: status?

Officer: sir enemy fleet has either been destroyed or fled. Planetary defenses are shut down and ground troops have control of the government and military sectors.

Narn: very good. Send our report to malick and inform him I'm dispatching the 8th assault fleet to tzenkethi prime .They should arrive in 10 hours.

Officer: aye sir.
  • Options
    Garrick: Evasive maneuvers. And focus on the ships firing the volleys.

*The Coalition ships keep swarming.*

Steele: Those citadel ships could be a problem later.

*The Enterprise and the other battleships plus the Indefatigable start focusing their fire on the Vaadwaur battleships, managing to destroy two in short order, although the battle is continuing to grow in intensity as more Vaadwaur ships engage directly.

CIC.*

Athena: Cruiser Division 3 has been broken and is regrouping with Division 6. The Turanian 3rd Squadron is reporting heavy losses.

Matt: Tell me the numbers Athena.

*The ship shakes as another torpedo volley hits.*

Athena: Numerical losses are pretty much even, but as a proportion of forces...

Matt: We're losing.

Athena: Badly.

*Outside, an SCV squadron makes a run on a Vaadwaur Battleship Division, losing three ships in the process but disabling two of the enemy's. Even so, the battle is beginning to turn from a stalemate into a Vaadwaur advantage, as more Republic screening vessels get torn apart by waves of Alliance ships.*

Admiral, we've got a Vaadwaur Cruiser Squadron coming in!

Matt: Battle Squadron, come to bearing 224, full impulse! Cruiser Division 6, intercept!

*The Vaadwaur cruisers are harassed by a division of Columbia-Class Cruisers, with the Battle Division opening up with all weapons as they evade, the R.S.S. Churchill taking heavy hits from torpedo volleys. The Indefatigable flies straight down the Vaadwaur formation, forcing them to scatter as the R.S.S. Yamato opens up with her ZPB lances, ripping two cruisers apart. Two more cruisers come about and begin making a run on the Enterprise.*
  • Options
    Janeway turns to face the Maco officer that has just joined them.

Janeway: well what do you think Major. Your men ready for this?

Shrax: of course they are. I'm not going to lie it won't be easy at all. The tzenkethi are fighters. If we can get a few small commandos in to knock out their defense grid that will go a long way to help.

Hargrove: You can coordinate with our Assault Ops detachments. We can also contribute a healthy fighter force for ground support.