test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add Discovery and Shenzhou Bridges to the Crossfield and Walker class

Those ships are canon hero ships and i am very disappointed that they don't come with the correct Bridges like the Kelvin and other Lockbox/Anniversary... Ships did. Please give us those Bridges.

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Nx doesn't have a custom bridge either. Cryptic don't care.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    They need to give ship interiors some love FFS. Rescale them to not look so huge, at the very least. We know tacofangs still works here right? I'm sure he's capable of doing it, if cryptic cared enough to let him.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    I am still waiting for the Sovereign Class interior, the one shown in Star Trek First Contact - Heck, the Enterprise interior from Undiscovered Country.

Let us face the HARD cold truth, there isn't any money to be made in investing in ship bridges and interiors- It is more of a vanity item.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    stark2k wrote: »
    I am still waiting for the Sovereign Class interior, the one shown in Star Trek First Contact - Heck, the Enterprise interior from Undiscovered Country.

Let us face the HARD cold truth, there isn't any money to be made in investing in ship bridges and interiors- It is more of a vanity item.

Are you aware how many MMOs make 90% of their profits off vanity items?

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    The Galaxy Class has been in the game from the start and it took years to get a proper canon bridge for it, there's no chance those ships will get a proper bridge for at least a lustrum.

They still haven't fixed the problems with the Galaxy bridge, either...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    The Galaxy Class has been in the game from the start and it took years to get a proper canon bridge for it, there's no chance those ships will get a proper bridge for at least a lustrum.

Correction, it took years to get a proper complete interior.
    There's nothing special about bridges per se, lockbox ships have all had them as a standard feature for years and as part of their selling point.
    It's only now in the past year that it's changed, with the Undiscovered lockbox being the first with no bridges for the ships. It's a rather disappointing trend that marks a serious decline in the quality and value of the premium lockbox and lobi ships.

Even so the lack of bridges for the latest ships really threw me for a loop, as these aren't some random ships from an old series, but ships from a currently on-air show. And I honestly expected them to fully capitalize on that, like they did with the Kelvin lockbox. Especially since CBS owns all the rights to Discovery unlike the Kelvin timeline stuff.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »

Correction, it took years to get a proper complete interior.
    There's nothing special about bridges per se, lockbox ships have all had them as a standard feature for years and as part of their selling point.
    It's only now in the past year that it's changed, with the Undiscovered lockbox being the first with no bridges for the ships. It's a rather disappointing trend that marks a serious decline in the quality and value of the premium lockbox and lobi ships.

Even so the lack of bridges for the latest ships really threw me for a loop, as these aren't some random ships from an old series, but ships from a currently on-air show. And I honestly expected them to fully capitalize on that, like they did with the Kelvin lockbox. Especially since CBS owns all the rights to Discovery unlike the Kelvin timeline stuff.

Exactly my point. Lockbox ships always had unique bridges until the Undiscovered Box. THe other ships mentioned here (Galaxy, Sovereign) are Zen store ships and thes usually don't come with unique Bridges but Boxships did. THats why am so disappointed that they just don't care even though the ships are not cheap.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I will take the bridges for the Discovery ships as well as one for the TWOK Connie and the Excelsior from either ST III or STVI
    Just look at the galaxy bridge. They wanted 1000 Zen for it. That's stupid... I'd pay 500, but 1000 for something with zero functionality is stupid.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Nx doesn't have a custom bridge either. Cryptic don't care.

Cryptic are always testing the boundaries. Once they released the NX without a bridge (a definite no-no for a Lobi ship), and saw they were getting away with it, unique bridges were pretty much doomed. That is why I actively boycotted the NX. I'm just 1 silly little person, though, of course. :) But it goes to show ppl should always rage against the dying of the light! Because if you don't, well, look at what happened.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Just look at the galaxy bridge. They wanted 1000 Zen for it. That's stupid... I'd pay 500, but 1000 for something with zero functionality is stupid.

2000 for the Galaxy ship interior, actually.

Which I gladly paid. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    > @sophlogimo said:
    > nikephorus wrote: »
    >
    > Just look at the galaxy bridge. They wanted 1000 Zen for it. That's stupid... I'd pay 500, but 1000 for something with zero functionality is stupid.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 2000 for the Galaxy ship interior, actually.

Right. Even more ridiculous.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    TOS Conni, Ent D, Defiant, KT Conni, and Voyager are the only hero ships with bridges. NX-01, TOS Films Conni, Ent E, and Discovery do not, that's four that do and five that don't.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Bridges are cool and all, but there's virtually nothing to do in them, so I don't see a lack of one as a deal-breaker.

That said, I'll be happy if they do add them and will absolutely use them, just as I use my TOS interior for my TOS toons even though I never go to the bridge to see it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I do agree that for the cost of these lockbox and lobi ships, they really should come with a special bridge...but that is less time for them to spend on the T6 vor'cha...so I gotta go with a no for any more bridges for now.

A bridge would be worked on by an Environmental Artist. A ship wouldn't. An Environmental Artist has no control over ship stats or the ship model itself.

My guess, besides the fact we have a full on Expansion coming, is that we don't quite have enough references for the Crossfield, Walker, and Sarcophagus Bridges.
    My money is on the Expansion honestly.
    With luck, we may get a FULL NX interior in the future, and maybe even the missing bridges for the Crossfield, Walker, and Sarco. In the meantime people can slap the TOS Connie Interior on the Crossfield and Walker if they have it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I do agree that for the cost of these lockbox and lobi ships, they really should come with a special bridge...but that is less time for them to spend on the T6 vor'cha...so I gotta go with a no for any more bridges for now.

A bridge would be worked on by an Environmental Artist. A ship wouldn't. An Environmental Artist has no control over ship stats or the ship model itself.

My guess, besides the fact we have a full on Expansion coming, is that we don't quite have enough references for the Crossfield, Walker, and Sarcophagus Bridges.
    My money is on the Expansion honestly.
    With luck, we may get a FULL NX interior in the future, and maybe even the missing bridges for the Crossfield, Walker, and Sarco. In the meantime people can slap the TOS Connie Interior on the Crossfield and Walker if they have it.

IMO, the "Caucasus" bridge looks close enough to get by for now. Apparently I was the one person that bought bridge packs when they used to sell them during year one, so I don't know if that's one you have to pay for or if everyone has it.

I definitely care about bridges. I like to hang out there if I'm just doing Fleet/Armada chat, DOFFing & Admiralty.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
    gradii wrote: »
    stark2k wrote: »

Are you aware how many MMOs make 90% of their profits off vanity items?

Are you aware that this MMO players don't care?

There are some vanity items that do well...but interiors is not one of them. What happens in other MMO is irrelivant to what happens in this one.

Are you aware how popular the phrase "Space barbie is the true endgame" is in THIS game??

Just becuase YOU don't care about space barbie doesn't mean its not popular.

Most people I've asked about interiors would buy them at a moments notice if new properly scaled ones came out. Hell they made full interiors for the TOS ships as recently as AOY.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Hell they made full interiors for the TOS ships as recently as AOY.

The TOS bundle has been out far longer than AoY has... and it comes with the TOS Connie interior.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    i imagine, bridges will come with related episodes. and there will be c store versions of the ships. patience, young ones ^^
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Hell they made full interiors for the TOS ships as recently as AOY.

The TOS bundle has been out far longer than AoY has... and it comes with the TOS Connie interior.

Theres actually a newer version of a TOS bridge which came out with AOY. theres 2 TOS bridges now.

This discussion has been closed.