test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Discovery Lockbox 2018

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Following up on my last post, here is exactly how it works for people new to this:

1) find out the EC price of the ship you want. For example we will use 500mil.

2) find out how much master keys are selling for. For example we will use 5mil.

3) take the price of the ship you want (500mil) and divide by the amount keys are selling for (5mil) = the number of keys you will need (100)

4) purchase 100 keys, sell them for 5mil each, and suddenly you have the 500mil EC you need to buy the ship.

And like I said earlier, since you can trade dilithium for zen, you can actually purchase those keys you need without spending your own real money on zen.

STO truly does have a 100% free to play economy. You can get literally anything you want, including the rarest lock box ships, without spending your own real money.

C-store ship costs 3000 zen = 30 dollars
    Lock box ship for 500 million ec = 112 dollars.

HUGE differences.
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    I saw a few salty/whiny comments responing to my post earlier. I mentioned that millenials were whiny, and then I saw a couple of posts arguing this point...by being whiny. :D

For those saying that it is canon, you had better provide hard evidence to say so.
    Firstly, The great Roddenberry had boldly gone when TNG was on air, so it is not his work. Secondly, if it was supposed to be in the correct timeline, then how come TRIBBLE boasts technology that is far superior to TOS period? Finally, are the Klingons shapeshifters, because according to the TRIBBLE lovers, they will have to metamorphosize into a TOS Klingn, then in the future, change once again. This DOESN'T fit into Roddenberrys universe, hence it is not canon.

Now you TRIBBLE luvvies ca all go off and ask your parents for $400 for a crappy ship that shouldn't be hre in the first place.
  • Options
    spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Quit your trolling, I merely pointed out the fact that you were generalizing a generation and how that was ignorant.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    ironmako wrote: »
    For those saying that it is canon, you had better provide hard evidence to say so.
    Firstly, The great Roddenberry had boldly gone when TNG was on air, so it is not his work. Secondly, if it was supposed to be in the correct timeline, then how come TRIBBLE boasts technology that is far superior to TOS period? Finally, are the Klingons shapeshifters, because according to the TRIBBLE lovers, they will have to metamorphosize into a TOS Klingn, then in the future, change once again. This DOESN'T fit into Roddenberrys universe, hence it is not canon.

mlfw10865-facehoof.gif
    Oh boy... here we go again... someone else trying to start a debate about Discovery and how they feel it doesn't fit into canon.

I hate to break it to you iron, but Discovery is canon. The IP OWNERS have said so. as for it looking more advanced than TOS... blame the fact that its not the 1960s. A full on series with the asthetics of a 1960s sci-fi is not going to appeal to a modern audience.

Just because "Saint Roddenberry" didn't have a hand in it doesn't mean its any less canon. Otherwise you might as well say that anything after TNG season 2 isn't canon. And you know what that means?
    • The Next Generation seasons 3-7 don't exist (which also means one of the best 2 parters, Best of Both Worlds, never happened)
    • Deep Space Nine (one of the best according to many) is non canon and doesn't exist.
    • Voyager doesn't exist (although many will probably agree that Voyager suffered from too many writers pulling in every direction)
    • Enterprise doesn't exist
    • Many of the movies don't exist

If you are so strict as to say you know for a FACT what Roddenberry invisioned... then honestly why are you even here trying to provoke a fight? We are all Trek fans here. We all like different aspects of ALL Trek. Some like Voyager, some like TOS, and yes some even like Discovery.

Discovery is still a young series. Give it a chance. If you don't like it, that is your decision. But that doesn't mean you have a right to shove what you believe is correct down the throats of the community at large. So respectfully... let the subject die here and let us continue with the actual topic of Discovery lockbox stuff and not derail it with what WILL become a flame fest.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    Well said @rattler2
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Thank you.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ironmako wrote: »
    I saw a few salty/whiny comments responing to my post earlier. I mentioned that millenials were whiny, and then I saw a couple of posts arguing this point...by being whiny. :D

Now you TRIBBLE luvvies ca all go off and ask your parents for $400 for a crappy ship that shouldn't be hre in the first place.

Complains about others being 'whiny,' and then goes on to be a whiny TRIBBLE.. well done!
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I hate to break it to you iron, but Discovery is canon. The IP OWNERS have said so. as for it looking more advanced than TOS... blame the fact that its not the 1960s. A full on series with the asthetics of a 1960s sci-fi is not going to appeal to a modern audience.

Just because "Saint Roddenberry" didn't have a hand in it doesn't mean its any less canon. Otherwise you might as well say that anything after TNG season 2 isn't canon. And you know what that means?
    • The Next Generation seasons 3-7 don't exist (which also means one of the best 2 parters, Best of Both Worlds, never happened)
    • Deep Space Nine (one of the best according to many) is non canon and doesn't exist.
    • Voyager doesn't exist (although many will probably agree that Voyager suffered from too many writers pulling in every direction)
    • Enterprise doesn't exist
    • Many of the movies don't exist

If you are so strict as to say you know for a FACT what Roddenberry invisioned... then honestly why are you even here trying to provoke a fight? We are all Trek fans here. We all like different aspects of ALL Trek. Some like Voyager, some like TOS, and yes some even like Discovery.

Discovery is still a young series. Give it a chance. If you don't like it, that is your decision. But that doesn't mean you have a right to shove what you believe is correct down the throats of the community at large. So respectfully... let the subject die here and let us continue with the actual topic of Discovery lockbox stuff and not derail it with what WILL become a flame fest.

Bingo, well said.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    you have to say to yourself 'what was CBS thinking!?' when it came to the Discovery.
    It looks like a flying IDIC symbol to me...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Maybe Im wrong when I said its not cannon, its a reboot?
    https://trekmovie.com/2017/10/09/producer-promises-star-trek-discovery-will-address-apparent-deviations-from-canon/
    When asked about how Discovery fits with the rest of the Star Trek universe and, specifically, if it tied in with the Prime or the Kelvin timeline and how that reconciled with more advanced technology seen on the show, executive producer Akiva Goldsman clarified:
    We are not the Kelvin timeline…which is a reboot of the original timeline…We are not part of that timeline, we are the original timeline with the TV shows and the movies that fit into that. We are ten years before The Original Series…Where Constitution Class ships are in comparison to where this Discovery prototype – well one of two prototypes, well now one of one prototypes – are technologically is obviously a variant. We are wildly aware of everything that appears to be a deviation from canon. We will will close out each of those issues before we arrive at the 10 year period and hit TOS.

But then there are so many other questions as a TOS Trekkie I have to either except it for what it is or not. For example.
    Star Trek: Discovery’ Canon: 5 Changes to the Timeline' In time I will come to terms with this one way other another but I will never force those on my fellow Trekkies.

For me the biggest problem is CBS itself locking Discovery behind a Pay to View wall. It's hard to really decide for ourselves if it's trek or not when most of use only saw the first show which is never good anyways. Well, maybe other than the first DS9 which I have to say for me they did darn good. My last 2 cents on this subject.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I can't bring myself to quote anything with those quadrupedal menaces to good taste in it but I agree with said post. Apart from Enterprise which was only watchable due to T'pol. Voyager was about 50% filler and had the worst ending imaginable, presumably due to panic. "WHAT!? Season 7 already? Errrrrr, borg queen, transwarp and some contrived nonsense involving a future Janeway. That'll do Bye, hope Enterprise works out!"
    Post edited by orangenee#2931 on
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    The merits of the show and its canonicity are not the subject of the thread. If you want to debate that, there are threads for that over in Ten Forward.

Qsn3vFp.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'll repeat what I said on Reddit here...
    I knew it was coming but overall I'm disappointed. DSC is owned by CBS, it's Prime Timeline, it's the current big thing. And now what are the odds the various ships and costumes from this show are going to be available in the future? Crossfield and Walker in the lockbox then the Nimitz, Engle, or Magee in the C-Store. Or, like with the Xindi, are we just going to get a parade of DSC LBs every series the show runs for.

What is different about the Discovery that means it needs to be Lockbox? The Defiant isn't. The Enterprise B, C, D and E (and F) aren't. Voyager isn't. TOS Conni and KonsTitution I understand, future ships as well, but Prime canon faction ships shouldn't be LB ships.
    I'm sure they could make a lot of money off of 20 odd ships at 3000 Zen each as well. It's currently the newest thing but in a year or so's time it'll be something you'd prefer to be able to steadily trickle out dozens of the new ships, costumes, weapons, or cosmetic alterations in the C-Store instead of having to wait for the LB cycle to come around again.

With a lockbox release we get up to three T6 faction ships, generally one Lobi ship, and possibly a consolation ship for EC. One, maybe two, costumes, some ground and some space weapons.

Problem is, DSC is not even finished with series 1 and we've already had up to 20 brand new Starfleet and Klingon ships, new bridges and interiors, dozens of new weapons (this LB contains only the rifle? no phaser pistol, no Klingon weapons?), four sets of costumes (DSC cadet and blank badges missing, T'Kuvma's crews costumes, Terran uniforms, and Kols factions costumes).

We've got almost every main ship, uniform, and weapon from TOS-ENT ingame and available for EC or zen (except those TWoK uniforms still stuck in the bloody Dil-store), and now due to whatever reason (corporate greed I imagine) some arbitrarily chosen entry in the franchise fully owned and licensed by CBS who license this game will not be getting the same coverage and exposure in the game.

Why sell three ships for a lot of money when you can lots of ships for also a lot of money?

9 Starfleet ships seen so far, 3000 zen a pop, 4 costume sets, 250 a pop, new species unlock or Klingon cosmetic pack 600 zen, bridges, 400 a bridge.
    Cryptic don't have to negotiate with Paramount here, this is not the Kelvin Timeline stuff, just put it in the C-Store like grown ups.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I'll repeat what I said on Reddit here...
    I knew it was coming but overall I'm disappointed. DSC is owned by CBS, it's Prime Timeline, it's the current big thing. And now what are the odds the various ships and costumes from this show are going to be available in the future? Crossfield and Walker in the lockbox then the Nimitz, Engle, or Magee in the C-Store. Or, like with the Xindi, are we just going to get a parade of DSC LBs every series the show runs for.

What is different about the Discovery that means it needs to be Lockbox? The Defiant isn't. The Enterprise B, C, D and E (and F) aren't. Voyager isn't. TOS Conni and KonsTitution I understand, future ships as well, but Prime canon faction ships shouldn't be LB ships.
    I'm sure they could make a lot of money off of 20 odd ships at 3000 Zen each as well. It's currently the newest thing but in a year or so's time it'll be something you'd prefer to be able to steadily trickle out dozens of the new ships, costumes, weapons, or cosmetic alterations in the C-Store instead of having to wait for the LB cycle to come around again.

With a lockbox release we get up to three T6 faction ships, generally one Lobi ship, and possibly a consolation ship for EC. One, maybe two, costumes, some ground and some space weapons.

Problem is, DSC is not even finished with series 1 and we've already had up to 20 brand new Starfleet and Klingon ships, new bridges and interiors, dozens of new weapons (this LB contains only the rifle? no phaser pistol, no Klingon weapons?), four sets of costumes (DSC cadet and blank badges missing, T'Kuvma's crews costumes, Terran uniforms, and Kols factions costumes).

We've got almost every main ship, uniform, and weapon from TOS-ENT ingame and available for EC or zen (except those TWoK uniforms still stuck in the bloody Dil-store), and now due to whatever reason (corporate greed I imagine) some arbitrarily chosen entry in the franchise fully owned and licensed by CBS who license this game will not be getting the same coverage and exposure in the game.

Why sell three ships for a lot of money when you can lots of ships for also a lot of money?

9 Starfleet ships seen so far, 3000 zen a pop, 4 costume sets, 250 a pop, new species unlock or Klingon cosmetic pack 600 zen, bridges, 400 a bridge.
    Cryptic don't have to negotiate with Paramount here, this is not the Kelvin Timeline stuff, just put it in the C-Store like grown ups.​​

It is greed, just simple as that. I guess getting £100+ per character bound ship instead of £30 per account bound ship, was too much to resist.

Not much you can do other than ignoring they exist, like have done on every gamble box ship to date..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    No, Cryptic doesn't have to negotiate with Paramount here. They do, however, have to negotiate with CBS. Or do you think Cryptic's just leaving all that money on the table because the bluegills told them to?

As for the phaser pistol - frankly, at the resolutions the game uses, a DSC phaser pistol would be visually indistinguishable from a TOS phaser pistol (the only real difference is in the shape of the emitter(s)).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    No, Cryptic doesn't have to negotiate with Paramount here. They do, however, have to negotiate with CBS. Or do you think Cryptic's just leaving all that money on the table because the bluegills told them to?

Really? We've never had any indication CBS has made them release or not release certain things before. Near-unreachable endgame TOS Conni, TAS content, and no Android captians is all the info we've been able to gleam over the years from the Devs about CBS' input into what Cryptic does with the already existing licence for live action TV series and the first 10 films.

Again, other than the TOS Conni they've never hinted it's CBS that tells them how to sell things.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    Really? We've never had any indication CBS has made them release or not release certain things before. Near-unreachable endgame TOS Conni, TAS content, and no Android captians is all the info we've been able to gleam over the years from the Devs about CBS' input into what Cryptic does with the already existing licence for live action TV series and the first 10 films.

Again, other than the TOS Conni they've never hinted it's CBS that tells them how to sell things.
    Cryptic has point blank stated in the past that EVERY mission they do, every ship they make, everything, has to be passed through CBS.

They even once, on some Priority One Podcast in the past, talked about how their contact at CBS almost had a heart-attack when they were explaining how the episode "Midnight" was going to play out, with the Alliance going back in time to commit genocide on the Iconians, with the rep freaking out because the Federation isn't allowed to commit genocide, and only calmed down once they told him you wouldn't actually go through with it.

Cryptic has made it clear that while CBS doesn't lord over them all day, everything they do has to approved by CBS before it makes it into the game.

Notice how none of that has to do with sales, which is what I said it did.

My original point is that Cryptic has a licence with CBS, Discovery is owned by CBS, that already makes it easier to negotiate than the KT. Not that Cryptic dosn't have to pass decisions through CBS.

My second point was that I know they pass things through CBS, I said they've never indicated what or where Cryptic can or can't sell something (other than the TOS Conni).

Is that any clearer?​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Guys please, can we please stop debating how these ships got into the game, and just discuss the contents of the box and what we think about them.

Simply, we wont know why they were put into the game the way they were for purchase, so just drop it.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    Is that any clearer?
    No, because it is inherently contradictory.

You can't agree that you understand that Cryptic has to pass everything through CBS, while simultaneously deny not seeing how CBS controls how they sell stuff, when those are the exact same thing.

No. Mentioning quality control and sales control are not the same thing. If they were the same thing they wouldn't be about different things. They are two different things so there's no contradiction.
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Guys please, can we please stop debating how these ships got into the game, and just discuss the contents of the box and what we think about them.

Simply, we wont know why they were put into the game the way they were for purchase, so just drop it.

I already have, there's not enough in them, they are near unobtainable, and many other things will never be obtainable to us.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    According to TNG: "Rightful Heir", the Klingon monastery in the star system with the planet Boreth was built shortly after the death of Kahless.

According to the episode VOY: "Day of Honor", Kahless lived in the 9th century. It has however not been established what propulsion technology was used for interstellar travel on these early voyages. The fact that Quark was inaccurate with his "centuries" statement might however indicate he was also inaccurate about the fact that Vulcans and Klingons were not yet warp-capable;

Script from TNG's "Rightful Heir"
    KOROTH: The people wept. They did not want him to go.
    WORF: Then Kahless said, 'You are Klingons. You need no one but yourselves. I will go now to Sto-Vo-Kor. But I promise one day I will return.' Then Kahless pointed to a star in the sky and said, 'Look for me there, on that point of light.'
    KOROTH: So here we are, on a world circling that distant point of light. It has been fifteen centuries since he made that promise, and still we wait.

At no point (that I can find) is it stated that Boreth was founded shortly after Kahless's death (that appears to be a presumption on the part of the wiki editor). Furthermore, the inconsistencies pointed out only apply to Vulcans. Klingon warp travel is not brought into question. Therefore, the only canonical source we have for Klingons establishing Warp travel was after 1947. The source's credibility may questionable, but until more's established (by Discovery) he's all we've got (a common problem in historical analysis.)

So, we can still speculate on the origin of the Sarcophagus ship as potentially involving other species (as it predates the only given point for Klingon warp travel), which could be fertile ground for STO to explore (eventually.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Well, Som, they didn't say they'd been waiting at Boreth for fifteen centuries, really... :smile:

Artan, you contradicted yourself within a single post. You started off by saying
    Really? We've never had any indication CBS has made them release or not release certain things before.
    Then you finished with
    Again, other than the TOS Conni they've never hinted it's CBS that tells them how to sell things.
    which, aside from being incorrect, disagrees with your opening sentence. "Never" and "seldom" are not equivalent concepts.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    plm9rZU.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    That and we got the Shinzon mobiles which I love. I've seen Nemesis more than all the other Star Trek movies come to think of it, TV went through a phase of showing it a lot.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Waiting for that Stat Blog like: n08A8NO.jpg
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Furthermore, the inconsistencies pointed out only apply to Vulcans. Klingon warp travel is not brought into question.
    Except it was. If Klingons didn't have warp travel, getting to Boreth, which is 65LY away from Qo'nos, would have taken far longer then the monsitary has been around for.

I know you like to pendantly debate things, but please, this is just embarrassing.

It's a theory that has no reason to exist, no reason to be true, goes against the fact that Klingons have been space faring since before the Hur'q attacked, and violates basic narrative principles. I know people have a tendency to get attached to fandumb theories, but geez.

Psst, age of the Boreth monetary isn't given in the episode either. ;)

What we have here is a pet theory which has to ignore what is said (and not said) on screen to perpetuate itself. If you want to hold onto it, fine. It could be made more relevant in future, should Discovery choose to give the Klingons a more storied history in space (it's fiction, you can always retcon.)

But please try to remain level in your discourse (it's just good practice.)

[And for those just tuning in, the point here is that the Sarcophagus ship in this lock box, as well as future DSC KDF content, could possibly be used in crew head-canoning and the Foundry as stand-ins for the Hur'Q, until STO or DSC say otherwise. It's an open story line. at present.]
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    Artan, you contradicted yourself within a single post. You started off by saying
    Really? We've never had any indication CBS has made them release or not release certain things before.
    Then you finished with
    which, aside from being incorrect, disagrees with your opening sentence. "Never" and "seldom" are not equivalent concepts.

Ah, so the confusion was over the existence of their restrictions on the sale of the TOS Conni we I mentioned twice in different posts making it clear I'm aware of that exception, due to the leading 'never' rather than 'once'.

That still dosn't explain how creative control and telling somebody how to run their business are the same concept. I mean I know they're not, but for the person I'd replied to they apparently are because that was their point.

Especially as we have been told the restrictions on the TOS Conni were due it being the flagship of the franchise and that keeping it rare is essentially a form of creative control. Unless somebody has evidence CBS specifically said 'pop it in a promo-pack and don't just give it away randomly like the Nagus' then it's still speculation CBS did specify the sale method.​​

#TASforSTO