test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Discovery Lock Box!

Comments

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    another nice one... overall, I rather like the Discovery ships... not so much the Discovery itself... but the others, yeah... bring em on!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    hmm, a recent podcast said there is nothing Discovery coming our way as there was not enough episodes released to get an idea of where everything is at, was that a bold faced lie? i am not happy with that irrespective of the content in these lockboxes. They should of been more honest about what they got coming forward and throws into doubt everything else they may have mentioned in that podcast.

best be moving on as i don't even know what to make of that.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I would actually even gamble for an Orville ship, but not that TRIBBLE ugly cr@p.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    hmm, a recent podcast said there is nothing Discovery coming our way as there was not enough episodes released to get an idea of where everything is at, was that a bold faced lie? i am not happy with that irrespective of the content in these lockboxes. They should of been more honest about what they got coming forward and throws into doubt everything else they may have mentioned in that podcast.

best be moving on as i don't even know what to make of that.

They said, in the podcast, there were no Discovery era stories coming our way, they said nothing about the starships.

Not they didn't, so one has to assume it was coming with the story content. it doesn't change anything, they still should of been more straight forward with it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    Now... all we need is the Nimitz-class, Europa... http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Europa

Eaglemoss%2BStar%2BTrek%2BDiscovery%2BThe%2BOfficial%2BStarships%2BCollection%2BUSS%2BEuropa%2Brendering.jpg
    tousseau wrote: »
    Now... all we need is the Nimitz-class, Europa... http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Europa

Eaglemoss%2BStar%2BTrek%2BDiscovery%2BThe%2BOfficial%2BStarships%2BCollection%2BUSS%2BEuropa%2Brendering.jpg

I would like this ship as well
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    This ship please

Eaglemoss%2BStar%2BTrek%2BDiscovery%2BThe%2BOfficial%2BStarships%2BCollection%2B%25233%2BUSS%2BKerala%2Brendering.jpg

latest?cb=20171106170612&path-prefix=en

latest?cb=20171010191333

I would also like this ship as well and GIVE US THE BRIDGES
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    I'm just guessing but I would say they was not allowed to make custom Romulan ships in case the show introduces Romulans in the future and with TRIBBLE's track record they might just change everything about the Romulans we know.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    FFs damm it my initial post got deleted when clicked edit....wtf

Anyway, ugh, TRIBBLE is such a garbage of a show. Why on earth are we bombed with this TRIBBLE?? The show is just bad, just like jj-trek. Like wtf, magicaly teleporting thru out the galaxy via some stupid spore drive (really, thats got to be the dumbest idea I ever heard) or via some warp teleport its just bad writing... like some sort of deux ex machina thing... Not to mention butchering the klingons... And the story... yuch... Thats not star trek. Sure they are good action movies with great special effects, wich I think thats why are so succesfull, but thats it. Heck The Orville is more Star Trek then TRIBBLE and jj-trek is. It is really such a good show...

• keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    kelador wrote: »
    and with TRIBBLE's track record they might just change everything about the Romulans we know.
    The track record of humans, vulcans, andorains, tellerites, and Klingons being the same as they were in past shows minus a few physical differences?

We haven't seen the Andorains or Tellertites in the main TRIBBLE timeline yet so can't coment on the changes, The Vulcans and even humans have big cultural changes mainly seen in their attitudes and personal interactions this brings it more inline with the Kelvin universe thats a change with the times and I'm not too bothered by it.

Klingons.... the changes are not just skin deep.... their history is different, tech, cloths and even the way they interact with each other being a fractured tribal clan based society which it never was... they had a government and strict military structure it was closer to a monarchy.
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Will these be comeing to console as well as PC? Thanks!
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    > @shlomoishtov11 said:
    > DIscovery should be sued for trademark infringement, because somebody already invented *#&@.

Not it won’t be and stop complaining. Since a lot of people enjoy it :)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    then the size of the story arcs (and now, the blogs imply this will be the definitive battle against the Tzenkethi), then their quick and sudden conclusion
    Except the Temporal Cold War story arc, the one right before this, is one of the longest in the game, with 16 missions spread across the Future Proof, Yesterday's War, and Agents of Yesterday, arcs. Same with Delta Rising, another 16. And the Klingon War arc is also 16(minus the Specters sub arc jammed into it)

And most story arcs in the game are short
    -Specters: 5 missions
    -Wasteland: 6 missions
    -Romulan Mystery: 5 missions
    -Cloaked Intentions: 6 missions
    -Cardassian Struggle: 5 missions
    -The 2800: 5 missions
    -Breen Invasion: 5 missions
    -Borg Advance: 5 missions
    -Solanae Dyson Sphere: 9 missions, only three of which are actual missions
    -Iconian War: 8 missions
    -New Frontiers: 6 missions(about to be 7 with the upcoming one, and cryptic has stated there is one more after that mission but before the expansion so 8 total)

Also, I'm not really sure what more you expect from these story arcs, we already
    -Discovered the mysterious destruction of all life on 20 Draconis(Echos of Light)
    -Followed the clues leading us to the Tzenkethi(Of Signs and Portents)
    -Discovered the Lukari's bother race the Kentari, and saved them from the Tzenkethi's assault(Mirrors and Smoke)
    -Rescued a famed Klingon leader, who has vast experience against the Tzenkethi(Brushfire)
    -Helped begin the reunification process between the Lukari and Kentari, and discovered why the Tzenkethi are doing this(Melting Pot)
    -Stopped Tzenkethi attempts to bomb planets, and destroyed one of their major production facility of protomatter(Tzenkethi RAs/The Tzenkethi Front/Gravity Kills)
    -Are now going to face the Tzenkethi head on to end their campaign of destruction, only to discovery another, possibly greater, evil(Scylla and Charybdis)
    I'm not talking only about the number of missions. I'm talking about their pace as well. Take Melting Pot for example. We finally find out a piece of the puzzle regarding the Tzenkethi genocidal campaign, namely, the crystals are actually eggs containing a lot of dangerous giant insects. Oh by the way, the campaign ends the next mission.

Like... really?
    You don't want to add a couple of episodes to explain the rest, like why the Autarch wants them dead, what he knows about them and how he managed to convince all Tzenkethi to commit many genocides to kill those things? Or an episode where you try diplomacy a bit harder with more moderate Tzenkethi like Neth Parr? Maybe a mission where you fight along her and her two buddies to get to know them a bit more, to make them a bit more interesting and not just guest stars or M. and Miss Exposition?

No? Everything will be poured in a single mission to end the Tzenkethi threat?

That's my issue with the current trend, potentially interesting characters reduced to a one-time appearance and maybe a mention in a blog, and resolution rushed after a slow start of the story.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Except races don't look different between the normal universe and the mirror one... what are you even talking about? And no, the humans and Vulcans act exactly like they do in other trek shows. ENT had Vulcan terrorists, and DS9 showed us the Federation wasn't a giant hug box where everyone got along.

DS9 had Vulcan terrorists first (from the perspective of us TV viewers, not chronologically in-universe, of course). Well, one Vulcan terrorist working as part of the Maquis. Thankfully, she was seduced by Quark's business logic.

That's my issue with the current trend, potentially interesting characters reduced to a one-time appearance and maybe a mention in a blog, and resolution rushed after a slow start of the story.
    [/quote]
    That just means the fight with the Tzenkethi is over. It doesn't have to mean our dealings with them are - if those insectoids are a genuine threat, we'll probably work with them in the future.

But if this hostile relationship with the Tzenkethi doesn't end, what great story would there be to tell? Another battle mission where we blow up their ships or shoot their soldiers?

SACRIFICES TO THE EDIT MONSTER
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    edited January 2018
    I'm not talking only about the number of missions. I'm talking about their pace as well. Take Melting Pot for example. We finally find out a piece of the puzzle regarding the Tzenkethi genocidal campaign, namely, the crystals are actually eggs containing a lot of dangerous giant insects. Oh by the way, the campaign ends the next mission.

Like... really?
    You don't want to add a couple of episodes to explain the rest, like why the Autarch wants them dead, what he knows about them and how he managed to convince all Tzenkethi to commit many genocides to kill those things? Or an episode where you try diplomacy a bit harder with more moderate Tzenkethi like Neth Parr? Maybe a mission where you fight along her and her two buddies to get to know them a bit more, to make them a bit more interesting and not just guest stars or M. and Miss Exposition?

I was kinda disappointed with the Drantzuli reveal with regard to the crystals. Personally, I can't see a bug infestation, even giant bug infestation, as an excuse for genocidal bombing of entire planets. I mean, how do these things even get from one planet to another to be a threat of that magnitude? BUT, if the crystals had turned out to be the "offspring" of a Crystalline Entity, then I could see the threat that they could pose to the galaxy. Imagine, rather than ground combat squashing bugs, it was space combat against multiple Crystalline Entities. It would've put the Tzenkethi in a much more sympathetic light, too, because some of the lore blogs seemed to indicate that the Tzenkethi have some regret for and struggle with what they are doing, but in the end it's serving a greater good from their point of view. We know what kind of threat even one Crystalline Entity is, so destroying an entire planet to prevent a horde of them from "hatching" makes sense. But wiping out an entire civilization over essentially a bug problem comes across as less noble than it would seem to have been initially presented.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    I mean, how do these things even get from one planet to another to be a threat of that magnitude?
    Spaceships.

That was the whole point of the "They came from below" story blog Cryptic released Thursday.

The Drantzuli are an intelligent spacefaring species.

Ah. I did not discern that from the blog. I'll have to go back and re-read it.
    GrWzQke.png
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    I was kinda disappointed with the Drantzuli reveal with regard to the crystals. Personally, I can't see a bug infestation, even giant bug infestation, as an excuse for genocidal bombing of entire planets. I mean, how do these things even get from one planet to another to be a threat of that magnitude? BUT, if the crystals had turned out to be the "offspring" of a Crystalline Entity, then I could see the threat that they could pose to the galaxy. Imagine, rather than ground combat squashing bugs, it was space combat against multiple Crystalline Entities. It would've put the Tzenkethi in a much more sympathetic light, too, because some of the lore blogs seemed to indicate that the Tzenkethi have some regret for and struggle with what they are doing, but in the end it's serving a greater good from their point of view. We know what kind of threat even one Crystalline Entity is, so destroying an entire planet to prevent a horde of them from "hatching" makes sense. But wiping out an entire civilization over essentially a bug problem comes across as less noble than it would seem to have been initially presented.

Furthermore, it makes the Alliance working with them against whatever enemy is coming behind these creatures vastly more complicated. The Tzenkethi have massacred billions of innocent people and completely snuffed out multiple species...acts that would be seen as deeply dishonorable by a Klingon, a extreme potential threat to their own existence by the Romulans, and a absolute outrage of Hitlerian proportions by the Federation. Assuming this goes the way it seems...that the evidence will lead to the Tzenkethi being proactive against a grave threat to everyone...how is, for example, President Okegg going to sell the Federation Council, not to mention the Federation citizenry, on allying with a race who has committed crimes on this scale? I imagine J'mpok might have to kill a challenger or two himself before pragmatism wins the day on Q'onos.

And need we forget that senior Tzenkethi officials have already threatened to do the same to Alliance home worlds if they "interfere" in their genocide campaign? I'm sure D'Tan didn't take that very well.

• claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    O M G... Ships from DSC already?
    Those ships look good! The Sarcophagus dread really looks like some Fek'lhr ship.
    The Harry Mudd outside looks fantastic! That Rifle looks great! And the Space Weapons seem like they could be very useful!

Can't wait to see these things ingame.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Only sad thing is there isn't really anything for Romulans.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
    Ah. I did not discern that from the blog. I'll have to go back and re-read it.
    It's mentioned that the temples are built around "stones" that go deep into the ground, and serve as conduits to the planet's "gods". This reminiscent of 20 Draconis, where the locals had built temples around the crystals, and of several other species encountered in-game, or in the lore blogs, all of which who worship, or covet, the crystals greatly due to their energy properties.

The blog also mentions the worst damage done to the planet was from the areas under the temples, where the greatest concentrations of these "stones" were, and that starships cameo out of them. The implication being that the "stones" had hatched underground in the past, and that the Drantzuli had built some sort of spaceships.

Yeah, I just didn't make the connection to the Drantzuli since, so far, they hadn't been presented as having a higher intelligence.
    GrWzQke.png