test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4.7 gig "patch" every time i close the game... (35 gig downloaded in the last 24 hours)

pirebpireb Member Posts: 13 Arc User
And another 5 gig every time i start the game...

Is this Cryptics poor attempt at trying to look like they are working on the game?

Comments

• ashar82ashar82 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Getting the same thing, when i start the launcher, it downloads a small patch around 5MB, then boots the game, but when i exit the game, the launcher tries to download a 4.7GB patch, but it fails to do so, last time it got to 7% then froze. If i exit the launcher, and load up again, it downloads the same 5MB patch again then loads the game, but once i exit teh game, it repeats the whole thing over. Im running the game on steam if that makes any difference.
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    Got the pre-patch yesterday afternoon when I left the game. When I tried to log on in the evening, patch showed up again, but gave an error 31 message. I turned off On-demand patching, and the patch seemed to load; however, hitting the Engage button brings up Cryptic screen just before CTD.

Force Verify does not work anymore, so I can't see if it's a corrupted file the way that I used to be able to do.

Sent a ticket, but still not able to log on. Hoping they can work it out.
  • ryusky33ryusky33 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I have quite the same issue, Yesterday, when I waited for the full dowload of the 4700 MB patch, my internet connection sadly stopped (network problem in my town), and now EACH time I connect to the game, a small patch of 5 MB appears.

When I exit from the game, the computer tries to download the 4700 MB patch each time, but fails after a few percents and completely stops.

I hope I won't have to uninstal the game to reintall it, in order to fix the problem.

By the way when is the anniversary ?

P.S. : I am not playing with steam.

If anyone has a clue, it would be welcome.
  • ashar82ashar82 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ok, ive noted a few things, when the launcher first loads up and is ready to launch, the game version is ST.80.20171118a.20
    When the game exits, and the launcher tries to patch, the game version is ST.82.20180111a.1

Ive only just started playing the game again, and dont know what sto's patching process is, but from what i gather its trying to download a prepatch that the game obviously doesnt need right now? kinder like steam's preload, to help reduce times when the full patch is released? Has that patch just been released over the last day, cause i wasnt getting this problem a few days ago.

However i was using arc's launcher before, but recently moved to steam, cause i have steam loaded up all the time, and didnt like having another bit of crappy software running in the background, so figured i might as well move to steam. Is this a problem just with steam? if so i guess i can go back to using the non-steam version.
  • laugvalanlaugvalan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having the same issues. I am not on Steam. Selecting options and choosing Force Verify does nothing.
    I am on a limited data monthly plan so all these extra attempts at updates are using the bandwidth I have available.
    I also see a .dll file being referenced as an error possibly but it goes past too fast for me to read it.
    As I mentioned Force Verify does not seem to be functioning.
    I hope there is a fix soon. Reinstalling is not an easy option for me due to my limited bandwidth monthly plan.
    I think the install is something like 16+- Gigs.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Ever since the Emergency Server Restart, I've been getting the post-game patch after exiting the game.

It was on a small version of the launcher (about 1/2 the size of the regular one). But when I restart the game, it does a 5G patch. I'm thinking to revert the post-game download, considering it does the post-game patch again afterwards.

I've lost more time with the 5G revert that I didn't get much time in-game during the weekend.
    edited January 2018
    ashar82 wrote: »
    Ok, ive noted a few things, when the launcher first loads up and is ready to launch, the game version is ST.80.20171118a.20
    When the game exits, and the launcher tries to patch, the game version is ST.82.20180111a.1

Ive only just started playing the game again, and dont know what sto's patching process is, but from what i gather its trying to download a prepatch that the game obviously doesnt need right now? kinder like steam's preload, to help reduce times when the full patch is released? Has that patch just been released over the last day, cause i wasnt getting this problem a few days ago.

However i was using arc's launcher before, but recently moved to steam, cause i have steam loaded up all the time, and didnt like having another bit of crappy software running in the background, so figured i might as well move to steam. Is this a problem just with steam? if so i guess i can go back to using the non-steam version.

I have those numbers too.

However, I am not on steam and don't have it.

But I tried a force verify, and at the launcher, before engaging in the game, a 5670 MB patch happened.
    I had the patience for this patch, but after exiting the game, another 8000 MB patch tries to launch and it's late ...

It's a very weird problem I have, I Wonder if force verify without steam was a good move ... :neutral:

Please help me, I feel completely lost...

Post edited by ryusky33 on
    edited January 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    On opening every time? Yeah that is new.

On closing...that is the pre-patch in full effect.

OK, I remember that is true when pre-patching the game, but one thing I have noticed, is that I have far more received KB than patched KB at this moment.

I have 2610 KB received and 300 KB patched. Do you have the same amount among patched and received KB, or could I think that my account was haacked?

Another thing is that I reinstalled Star trek online (after uninstalling it) and had another internet box crash during the pre-patch (not during the full download of the game).

But when it started to download again, I have seen that the download stopped after quite the lacking amount of data was downloaded.

But the patch at every opening of the game is new.

I Wonder if the new patch is responsible for my crash.

By the way, I rememember that when reinstalling the game I unchecked the box asking for me to allow my computer to send information to Cryptic.

Do you think it could be a cause of the problem ?

I did play star trek without sending informations before reinstalling if my memories are correct.

If you have informations, do not hesitate to reply.

Sincerely yours

• kevingpokevingpo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    oh dear

I am new so I can't create my own threads yet (but can reply).

I have slow broadband, and need to download a 15GB patch using the Star Trek Online installer. However, sometimes I get drop connections or just want to pause the download so that I can use the internet. Guess what, it doesn't RESUME. So when I start Star Trek Online again, it downloads the patch from start/scratch.

Wish they would RESUME downloads.
  • camripcamrip Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I have problems getting into the game for the last three days. It tries to download a 5GB patch every time. I have a Win 10, HP laptop, AMD Radaon, and 4GB memory. The 8th anniversary event has already started, but I am not able to log in to play. :'( Please fix the patch issue. Thank you. :|