test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance on all platforms next Tuesday, 10/17

Comments

• alissalenoiralissalenoir Member Posts: 9 New User
    Time to go back to Elite Dangerous, Where all ships can be earned, none is over priced, isnt cash grabbing, isnt over priced, land on planets, drive rovers, multi-crew single ships, and better graphics than STO..... >.> I enjoy STO but the non stop maint extending TRIBBLE EVERYTIME you do maint... Its just old now..... Out with the old, In with the new....
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I know this is completely unrelated to the regularly scheduled weekly maintenance, but I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing that the devs can find some way to keep the Thursday maintenance/update as short as possible this week ... considering we've essentially lost a full day of gameplay this week.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • xindax76xindax76 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    blitzsth wrote: »
    Seven hours of maintenance and you would think/hope they could actually fix something in those hours, but I highly doubt it!

Unable to donate singular provisions to the colony projects or coffer, broken since launch.
    collecting omega mini game still broken.
    onboard doff missions not refreshing hourly in and around the new colony sectors, still broken.
    Some Doff chained missions still unobtainable since AoY launch.
    and countless other bugs still not fixed.

At this point you have to wonder, what are they actually fixing, because to me it seems the captain is drunk at the wheel!

Strange thing. I'm member of 3 fleets (2 Fed, 1 KDF).
    I can donate provisions to coffer, collecting omegas working.
    Other bugs you mention - yeah, true. It's bad, that devs not fix this.
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    One can watch this while waiting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    All right, sadly, it looks like PC and PS4 are going to be extended again. Possibly for a few hours.

I'm really sorry about this, guys, it's technical stuff that we have no control over, but thank you for being patience and for your lighthearted responses in this thread.

I hear free 23rd Century Temporal Light Cruisers/D7s/T'Liss's are perfectly acceptable apology gifts. ;)
  • thebigbadmrjthebigbadmrj Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Lord, since when did we live in a world where the xbox servers were up faster than the PC servers for an MMO. I'm a little confused on how that's even possible
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    I am sure the people performing this maintenance are working as fast as they can. Usualy this are very dedicated people working under huge stress. A day without STO is absolutely no issue for me. After the Revamp I have been offline for longer periods of time, beacuse the rebalancing downgraded my builds enormously, and equaly my play fun. So now i am just a casual player anyway, spending no money anymore on STO. So just take as long downtime as needed, to get the game in fresh state again. Keep up the good work.
  • capone001#7972 capone001 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    lol entnx01 i feel you on that..why the most iconic ship in all the trek universe is locked behind an impossible r&d pay wall is beyond me..Arc would make a good amount of cash if they just cstored it
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    Well I was able to get all my laundry done today because of the extended maintenance so there is that... :expressionless:

I can thank Cryptic for my clean sheets tonight, wait it already IS tonight! lol
    > @totenmet said:
    > What will be the effect from this long maintance?

Nothing that you'll notice.

Ok thanks for the answer. So my hopes are in vain. Glad they are taken away immedately, so I will be less surprised and less disappointed later.
  • ryneman#3249 ryneman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    haaa, love the Picard music video. 5 minutes down, who knows how long is left.....
  • hellspawn041#6825 hellspawn041 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    And who said people on forums weren't helpful.......
    totenmet wrote: »
    > @totenmet said:

Ok thanks for the answer. So my hopes are in vain. Glad they are taken away immedately, so I will be less surprised and less disappointed later.

And who said people on forums weren't helpful........
  • queefmanqueefman Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I wish they would put estimated GMT on the launcher too, is that too much to ask?
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    At least I'll be finished supper before the game's ready :)
    > @queefman said:
    > I wish they would put estimated GMT on the launcher too, is that too much to ask?

Why update that ? in a few hours it will be extended again anyways as it has been the last 7 times. lol
  • wimpomanwimpoman Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    For us UK players, STO has been down for the whole evening. Thanks guys, I guess I won't be playing today.
    At least I'll be finished supper before the game's ready :)

Might be able to have breakfast too
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    "My husband's a wrestler," said the first. "He's really strong and aggressive in bed."
    "My husband's an artist," said the second. "He's really gentle and sensitive."
    "My husband's an IBM salesman," said the third. "He sits on the edge of the bed and tells me how good it's going to be when I finally get it."​​
    STO - Please update your tech staff. Increase performance by 100,000% :D
  • the0nlykyd#6913 the0nlykyd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Back to my DS9 binge on Netflix.
    This forum has been entertaining, though.
  • ghost2448ghost2448 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    While you are here @ambassadorkael#6946 can you ask TPTB whether there will be following:

1) New mission before end of year?
    2) Whether there will be a 14.5 before the expansion?
  • ryneman#3249 ryneman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Stress??? Devs don't know the meaning of stress!! Am sure the majority of us are stressed out more today then the Devs. lol
    A dedicated team would have gave some explanation and a legit maintenance time frame. Plus they could have waited until Thursday, its only logical No management issues at all.

ps. has anyone seen a game developers building? Office? They focus much more recourses and time to leisure and eating out...
    edited October 2017
    Yeah the Picard video was good, thanks!
    haaa, love the Picard music video. 5 minutes down, who knows how long is left.....

Last estimate was only 2.3 more days I think...
  • queefmanqueefman Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @queefman said:
    > I wish they would put estimated GMT on the launcher too, is that too much to ask?

Why update that ? in a few hours it will be extended again anyways as it has been the last 7 times. lol

I wouldn't have to google what pmt or whatever is in real time then.
    STO - Please update your tech staff. Increase performance by 100,000% :D

While you're at it, throw me a set of Epic locators that boost damage by 500% each
  • toroka#2709 toroka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=4T21HiMXs7Q

Assuming it works, because I'm, this'll keep you occupied ;) ... And Cryptic? Make my free gift a T5 Caitian carrier, ta ;)
    And who said people on forums weren't helpful.......
    > @totenmet said:

And who said people on forums weren't helpful........

And who say no one loves Hellspawny :-)) :P
    In the meantime I am playing with my Dabo girl
    edited October 2017
    In the meantime I am playing with my Dabo girl

Lucky bum! I musta missed that promo...:(

• wackygunner#8902 wackygunner Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hehehe, at least I had an evening of entertaining forum-complaints.... Goodnight everybody. ;)
This discussion has been closed.