What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How are you going to watch Discovery?

Comments

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I will watch the first episode. I'm not going to subscribe to watch the rest. If I hear good things, I might buy the discs if CBS doesn't try to price-gouge on those.

My guess it will be a flop in the U.S. because of the paywall and they'll let Netflix show it just to get more viewers. Between their non-Prime Prime Timeline, being another prequel, and the limited viewing options that the show won't last more than 1 season. So not getting emotionally attached to it, it's bald gothic Mr.T Klingons or it's lens flare.

"I'm going to wait for the season to end and subscribe for a month to binge watch it." is a good option. I got 3months of HBO free when I swiched cable providers, binged 5 seasons of Game of Thrones.
    Post edited by dracounguis on
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Way too much hype for this series. I've never seen CBS go through so much time and money just to promote one show. Are they really that confident or are they really nervous? While I'm not really thrilled or excited like some I will watch the first airing and then decide. My biggest point of contension with this show is its delivery method. I don't need another streaming service for one show. If I wanted CBS's past library (which I don't) I found many of their shows on Hulu and Netflix. The only other show me and my wife watch on CBS is Blue Bloods and the antenna and Hulu works fine for that.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Any Canadians here getting a CraveTV subscription to watch? I was debating it................
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    darakoss wrote: »
    Way too much hype for this series. I've never seen CBS go through so much time and money just to promote one show. Are they really that confident or are they really nervous? While I'm not really thrilled or excited like some I will watch the first airing and then decide. My biggest point of contension with this show is its delivery method. I don't need another streaming service for one show. If I wanted CBS's past library (which I don't) I found many of their shows on Hulu and Netflix. The only other show me and my wife watch on CBS is Blue Bloods and the antenna and Hulu works fine for that.

I'll give you a really simple explanation:

It's Star Trek, it deserves it. This sh*t is important.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    knightraider6knightraider6 Member Posts: 396 Arc User
    I got reminded by She who must be obeyed that watching Discovery is a moot point. We don't have a way anymore to watch broadcast TV. And I refuse to pay for yet another streaming service. So unless they relent and release it on Netflix here in flyover country USA, I guess I'll see it never. :D
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier." R.A.Heinlein

"he's as dangerous as a ferret with a chainsaw."

• Options
    blinn1blinn1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Battlestar Galactica 1980

A slight nit-pick: that show was never called Battlestar Galactica 1980, but simply Galactica 1980. ;)

Speaking of which, Robbie Rist (who had previously played Cousin Oliver in The Brady Bunch's final season) played Doctor Zee in the show's pilot, but was then replaced by James Patrick Stuart for the rest of the series.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    darakoss wrote: »

They sure got a lot of eggs in one basket, eh? |o_o\
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Any Canadians here getting a CraveTV subscription to watch? I was debating it................

I did it.
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    Found a a free streaming web-site that's hosting the series, so I'm good.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Not exactly wise to be admitting to piracy either way and is typically subject to moderation, just an fyi.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    ricosakara wrote: »
    Found a a free streaming web-site that's hosting the series, so I'm good.

You know, I would normally tell you that stealing is wrong...but if it's garbage, is it stealing?

The only thing being stolen from streaming TRIBBLE is the time of the person watching it. :smiley:

However streaming DSC gives you two enjoyable hours of Star Trek.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    You can also watch TRIBBLE on Cravetv (Streaming Service from Bell owners of the Space Channel) in Canada which is what I did).

Space is the closest choice to that so that is what I chose.
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Quick question for those watching on Netflix. Have you tried the Klingon Subtitles yet?
  • Options
    Maybe people are just interpreting talk about inclusivity as "in-your-face" for.... reasons. I think it's an important topic as communication norms morph with every generation, as well as the importance of acknowledging each other. We don't have Black History Month for nothing. I think we're celebrating it rather than denigrating it.