test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game freezes during character loading (PS4)

Comments

• Options
    huneycutt#9913 huneycutt Member Posts: 2 New User
    This happened to me as well yesterday 7/23/2017. While completing the last leg of the mission the game froze. I reloaded the game and now it just sits on the loading Nimbus III screen....I let it try and load for over 2 hours, I even uninstalled and re-installed the game, but to no avail. I created a sub character with no problem and played, tried to switch characters but still locked on Loading Nimbus III screen.

Any official announcements on this bug? Would of not gone to this sector if I knew.
  • Options
    malcuuth#9769 malcuuth Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having the same issue as everyone else with nimbus 3. My main character is stuck in limbo here. Made a new character on a different faction,and now the only mission available is also on nimbus3. This bug has made this game unplayable for new players
  • Options
    zanos64zanos64 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    > @zanos64 said:
    > kedrinraho wrote: »
    >
    > Open a support request or a live chat with support and they will move your character to the neutral zone. Nimbus III used to do this on the PC for me ages ago and did that just last night on the console (PS4 for me). I will personally just avoid Nimbus III for the moment.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I would open a ticket, but the stuck toon never loads. The game freezes on the loading screen on that one toon.

You open a ticket exactly because it's stuck, so that they can move your character.

How do you open a ticket if the game never loads when trying to log in with that toon?
  • Options
    kedrinrahokedrinraho Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    zanos64 wrote: »
    kedrinraho wrote: »
    Open a support request or a live chat with support and they will move your character to the neutral zone. Nimbus III used to do this on the PC for me ages ago and did that just last night on the console (PS4 for me). I will personally just avoid Nimbus III for the moment.

I would open a ticket, but the stuck toon never loads. The game freezes on the loading screen on that one toon.

Open the support ticket on the ARC Website, click support, then follow trough the process. You can't file a support request on the console anyway even if the character loads.
    You can also chat live with a GM during business hours and they will move you in a few minutes.

• Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    zanos64 wrote: »
    Open a support request or a live chat with support and they will move your character to the neutral zone. Nimbus III used to do this on the PC for me ages ago and did that just last night on the console (PS4 for me). I will personally just avoid Nimbus III for the moment.

I would open a ticket, but the stuck toon never loads. The game freezes on the loading screen on that one toon.

Open the support ticket on the ARC Website, click support, then follow trough the process. You can't file a support request on the console anyway even if the character loads.
    You can also chat live with a GM during business hours and they will move you in a few minutes.

This ^^
  • Options
    sonic7870#8477 sonic7870 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    This happened to me as well yesterday 7/23/2017. While completing the last leg of the mission the game froze. I reloaded the game and now it just sits on the loading Nimbus III screen....I let it try and load for over 2 hours, I even uninstalled and re-installed the game, but to no avail. I created a sub character with no problem and played, tried to switch characters but still locked on Loading Nimbus III screen.

Any official announcements on this bug? Would of not gone to this sector if I knew.

The devs are aware of the bug and are working on a fix but can't say when it'll be fixed yet.
    Salori (Fed Tactical) - 60
    Kitanca (KDF Science) - 53
    Jon (23c Fed Science) - 7
  • Options
    sinningsherlock#3471 sinningsherlock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Was there even a patch/hot fix today? It said there would be last night, but I didn't notice any kind of download.
  • Options
    vt7#3082 vt7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    What was the console maintenance even for if no the Nimbus 3 bug, It has made this game unplayable for new players. Its ridiculous.
  • Options
    > @vt7#3082 said:
    > What was the console maintenance even for if not the Nimbus 3 bug, It has made this game unplayable for new players. Its ridiculous.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    Is this still happening to you guys? We think we may have fixed the issue.
  • Options
    lxxxriderxxxllxxxriderxxxl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well I don't know what you fixed but I still can't get into my main game. Still stuck on the loading screen of Nimbus 3. All most a week now.
  • Options
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > Is this still happening to you guys? We think we may have fixed the issue.

Please check may have been fixed, many people still suffer ftom this bug.
  • Options
    lxxxriderxxxllxxxriderxxxl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Guess it does not matter now, got someone from support to move me out of that system so at least I can get back into my main game again. Not going into Nimbus 3 until I know it is safe to. Got 2 characters waiting to do that part of the store line and a 3rd one close to it so not going to risk getting them stuck there.
  • Options
    Other missions are failing to load now. Of Bajor has been consistently kicking me back to the login screen instead of loading. Nimbus III at least doesn't freeze me out of the game, but it still doesn't load at all. I'm afraid to do stuff on other characters, because I might not be able to do stuff on other characters.
  • Options
    gregory86#0603 gregory86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Not > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > Is this still happening to you guys? We think we may have fixed the issue.

Issue still haping
  • Options
    Half the time I can't even load into zones or missions. It doesn't even matter what the zone or mission is. This is getting absurd.
  • Options
    bergs9394bergs9394 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    its happening to me aswell i even deleted my romulan toon and made another and same problem my federation toon went through no problem its just my romulan toon is having problems for some reason
  • Options
    jakeyjake90#4050 jakeyjake90 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Well, I've been playing the Nimbus III episodes for about half an hour now and it hasn't crashed.... Yet...
    But I seem to run into random teams of officers (including my own from another character save) that just show up and then fade away... Weird.
  • Options
    psychosis#8529 psychosis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have two characters (Fleet Admiral and Dahar Master) stuck on Nimbus III as well. I sent the second one in to confirm that Nimbus III was the issue. I contacted support and hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.
  • Options
    zanos64zanos64 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Is this still happening to you guys? We think we may have fixed the issue.

I just tried logging in on my stuck toon on the PS4 and the game froze on the loading screen. So not fixed for me :(

• Options
    > @lxxxriderxxxl said:
    > Guess it does not matter now, got someone from support to move me out of that system so at least I can get back into my main game again. Not going into Nimbus 3 until I know it is safe to. Got 2 characters waiting to do that part of the store line and a 3rd one close to it so not going to risk getting them stuck there.

How do you get out
  • Options
    coltonfenris#5732 coltonfenris Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @kedrinraho said:
    > zanos64 wrote: »
    >
    > kedrinraho wrote: »
    >
    > Open a support request or a live chat with support and they will move your character to the neutral zone. Nimbus III used to do this on the PC for me ages ago and did that just last night on the console (PS4 for me). I will personally just avoid Nimbus III for the moment.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I would open a ticket, but the stuck toon never loads. The game freezes on the loading screen on that one toon.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Open the support ticket on the ARC Website, click support, then follow trough the process. You can't file a support request on the console anyway even if the character loads.
    > You can also chat live with a GM during business hours and they will move you in a few minutes.

How do i do a live chat though. I looked everywhere
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    If you're having this issue, please send me your character name and your @handle. I'll pass it on to the team so they can figure out what's going on.
  • Options
    > If you're having this issue, please send me your character name and your @handle. I'll pass it on to the team so they can figure out what's going on.

My character is Frien he is of Alien race and fights for the Klingon Empire stuck on nimbus 3. He captains the I.K.S Tepner.
    I also have another one he is Vax he is a Romulan also stuck in Nimbus 3. He captains the R.R.W. Domier. I play on the Ps4
  • Options
    sirbyroniiisirbyroniii Member Posts: 2 New User
    > If you're having this issue, please send me your character name and your @handle. I'll pass it on to the team so they can figure out what's going on.

Howdy I'm stuck there as well, tavlan@gerballistic federation toon
  • Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Not trying to be a pain or to tell you how to fix your game, but there is obviously a game wide issue that needs sorting out, getting handles to move toons is only a temporary fix until they get stuck again. Only fixing the underlying issue is going to resolve this, not moving toons.
  • Options
    > @sirbyroniii said:
    > > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:

> > If you're having this issue, please send me your character name and your @handle. I'll pass it on to the team so they can figure out what's going on.

>

>

> Howdy I'm stuck there as well, tavlan@gerballistic federation toon

What is an @handle
  • Options
    sirbyroniiisirbyroniii Member Posts: 2 New User
    Your psn name I believe
  • Options
    thisithisthisithis Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have a character on Nimbus III loading screen for the past close to three days and it seeming like I may have to Delete the character on the PS4. I was on the satellite dish Mission and went in to early and tried to abort the Mission, and now I can't leave the loading screen.
  • Options
    thisithisthisithis Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2017

My PSN name is Thisithis2, and the character name is Taavek, a male Vulcan create it from "The original series". The ship is U.S.S. Caronia.