test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NWS: KOBAYASHI MARU EVENT REWARD THREAD

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    (...)
    If you can't see how stupidly, ridiculously excessive it would be to reward 36 special weapons for participating in (not winning) 3 runs of an event queue (12 weapons per run) just from the numbers, nothing I could say will make a difference.

Just make it one reward box. Upon opening it you choose your reward and the box is only reclaimable once the item you have is discarded. Done, no artificial drama needed.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Interesting to see a anti-dps build weapon. You don't get the growing damage if you vape something in 3 seconds. Of course, if you can do that, you don't really need this weapon. :|
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    luckyyahoo wrote: »
    Well since it's like Sompek, it makes sense. Thank you for your replies!

Someone already got the weapons cause leftover Sompek tokens work for this one. :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    If you can't see how stupidly, ridiculously excessive it would be to reward 36 special weapons for participating in (not winning) 3 runs of an event queue (12 weapons per run) just from the numbers, nothing I could say will make a difference.

You're right, nothing you can say will prove one self-serving opinion to be a universal fact. I was asking if you had anything more substantial than FEELS to offer.

Judging by the in-game icon I think it'll be red-ish in colour. The contrast might look good in a Andorian (blue) phaser build.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    Also, there is confirmation, that it will be true account unlock, the current situation is a bug (in news thread for the blog for that queue).
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Reddit and other sources have indicated should be account unlock, but aren't necessarily working quite right yet.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    Thread: QUICK QUESTION - KOBAYASHI MARU EVENT @newnja

tUxKHgA.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Thread: ARE THE MARU REWARDS CLAIMABLE ON ALL CHARACTERS? @luckyyahoo

tUxKHgA.png
    GrWzQke.png
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    luckyyahoo wrote: »
    Well since it's like Sompek, it makes sense. Thank you for your replies!

Someone already got the weapons cause leftover Sompek tokens work for this one. :D

Would it work the other way arround??
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    Thread: THE PROLONGED ENGAGEMENT PHASER BEAM ARRAY BEAM COLOR(S) AND SPECS? @jimmyroebuck

tUxKHgA.png
    GrWzQke.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    And like I said three days ago in another Thread, the Sompek Weekend Vouchers are the same. So if you had any leftover you can use them here as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gwyrdallongwyrdallon Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Is there a minimum threshold score needed to count towards the 3 days?
    Apparently, you need to make it past Round 2.
    GrWzQke.png
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    It's almost guaranteed to have a unique color and sound, forcing people like me who cringe at the sight of non-uniform weapons to drop it in the bank and forget it exists.

I have them already. You get both the Phaser array and the Dual Cannons (they are not Dual Heavy Cannons)
    and the the Phaser Array looks like standard Phasers
    I haven't tried the Cannons yet.
    aaK8jvH.png
    FFIn1vh.png

the patch tomorrow is going to change the Very Rare Status to Ultra Rare
    maybe they will change the color, but I doubt it

• wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 397 Arc User
    Rotating frequencies that beam color always looked kind of muddled washed out as far as looks went it didn't look to good.

I always wondered - why did they change the color from blue to orange ?

Starfleet phasers went from red (ENT) to blue (TOS) to red again (movie era) to orange (TNG era). We also saw phasers used by Cardassians, Bajorans and Ferengi that were yet more colors. Seems the visible wavelength given off by phaser beams is pretty variable depending on the exact phaser technology. Disruptors I think are pretty consistently green. The Varon-T disruptor pistol from TNG: "The Most Toys" was a weird mix of green and blue rays.

Dont forget Andorian phasers. I think most starfleet crews have a color technician whos primary task is to regulate phaser beam colors. Occasionally he gets drunk and goes rainbow.
  • jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I think most starfleet crews have a color technician whos primary task is to regulate phaser beam colors. Occasionally he gets drunk and goes rainbow.

Maybe it's a new tactic to confuse the enemy by going RGB on the energy weapons. That way they don't know who is friendly or an enemy.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Rotating frequencies that beam color always looked kind of muddled washed out as far as looks went it didn't look to good.

I always wondered - why did they change the color from blue to orange ?

Starfleet phasers went from red (ENT) to blue (TOS) to red again (movie era) to orange (TNG era). We also saw phasers used by Cardassians, Bajorans and Ferengi that were yet more colors. Seems the visible wavelength given off by phaser beams is pretty variable depending on the exact phaser technology. Disruptors I think are pretty consistently green. The Varon-T disruptor pistol from TNG: "The Most Toys" was a weird mix of green and blue rays.

The ENT ones were orange beams fired from cannons (except on the Franklin where they were red pulses fired from cannons), the Kelvin fired red beams from cannons, the KT ships fired red pulses from emitters, TOS ships fired blue beams from emitters (and sometimes blue pulses), TMP ships fired broken orange/yellow/red (depending on the version of TWoK) from emitters, and from TNG onwards ships fired orange beams from strips except the Defiant which also fired pulses from cannons and the Excelsiors and Mirandas that fired orange beams from nowhere.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Well according to the patch notes. The Kobayashi Maru weapons are character bound only. Well this changes everything I've heard. Looks like this i s going to a farming drag. I feel sorry with people with more than 2 or 3 toons.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    BOOO! :(
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Most events like this are character-bound. This shouldn't come as a shock.

Only things like event ships are account-unlocks. But for these PvE things, the rewards are usually per-character.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,215 Arc User
    Well I was going to get the beam array for my engi, but I only want the cannons on my AoY tac.
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,112 Arc User
    "Resolved an issue where the Prolonged Engagement Weaponry would not unlock for characters on an account where one character had completed the project to unlock the weapons"

Character bound, but accounted unlocked via one character completing the project.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    It would be nice if the rep project showed with the tokens submitted on the account on all toons. I pray the token is NOT toon locked.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    protoneous wrote: »
    "Resolved an issue where the Prolonged Engagement Weaponry would not unlock for characters on an account where one character had completed the project to unlock the weapons"

Character bound, but accounted unlocked via one character completing the project.

So are they account wide or not? The way Cryptic words things is very confusing.

according to the item description, they're account wide.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

rimmarie wrote: »
    I have them already. You get both the Phaser array and the Dual Cannons (they are not Dual Heavy Cannons)
    and the the Phaser Array looks like standard Phasers
    (...)

How can you have them already? If you got them on Tribble it is possible the visuals aren'T there yet, I remember testing the Lukari reputation on Tribble before it hit Holodeck and the weapons used stock effects there that were changed for the live version later.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    Phasers, meh. None of my toons use phasers anymore. More fed-centric favrotism, eh ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

lordmalak1 wrote: »

I've read it again. Thank you. The way they word this game goes too much into detail. Other game like WOW doesn't word things that way. I would have said. "Fixed an issue where Prolonged Engagement Weaponry would not unlock account wide." There. Simple and clean.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

I've read it again. Thank you. The way they word this game goes too much into detail. Other game like WOW doesn't word things that way. I would have said. "Fixed an issue where Prolonged Engagement Weaponry would not unlock account wide." There. Simple and clean.

It's an account wide character-bound unlock. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg