test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Advanced Light Cruiser Bundle!

Comments

• unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    I bleeping LOVE the new "rollbar" so cool!
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • bawdytieflingbawdytiefling Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    avoozuul wrote: »
    It figures that the one I want most in T6 form (Oberth) is the last to get a release.

Yes!!!! I am also coveting the possibility of an Oberth update and remodel. My favorite ship, hands down. A T6 Miranda/Reliant gives me hope that, eventually, we'll see that happen.

This new Miranda/Reliant ship is gorgeous, though. I can't wait to grab it the first moment I can.

How about a science 9 pack? 3 Feddie (Oberth, Nova, and Luna) and then three new designs for Klingons and Rommies? :-)

• jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    At long last, I can pilot an Endgame starter ship... how does that make sense :/

Regardless, buying the bundle next payday. #SaratogaOrBust
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    so will the miranda have the lovely white skin version as well or just this steel look?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    ighten wrote: »
    so will the miranda have the lovely white skin version as well or just this steel look?

The T6 version can be customized to look like the T1 version.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The T6 version looks really nice pig-1.gif

I'd love to see NPC Starfleet ships getting modernized, showing more refits and T6 versions instead of the old, partly launch models.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    PS: I thought the devs said they were NEVER going to do this.

They also said that there would never be an endgame Connie, or a playable Ent-J. And yet, here we are. I'd say all bets are off. :)
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    kirimuffin wrote: »

They also said that there would never be an endgame Connie, or a playable Ent-J. And yet, here we are. I'd say all bets are off. :)

Everything is on the table now, endgame Mirandas and Connies, Ent-Js, we're getting First Federation ships at this rate!

(Also, I like the ships, but I swear, I have that light warbird already)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

Everything is on the table now, endgame Mirandas and Connies, Ent-Js, we're getting First Federation ships at this rate!

It bears more than a passing resemblance to the Rommie T6 Exploration Warbirds released not too long ago.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    QeHpu'? The "Was Angry" class?

I'm still here if you want free Klingon translation guys!
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

It bears more than a passing resemblance to the Rommie T6 Exploration Warbirds released not too long ago.

It has a similar look to the Aelath, but smaller, so yeah... familiar look, i'm going to get it anyway..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Hmmm.... a trait that buffs EptE? That amuses me. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    lopequil wrote: »

It's mellowed in its old age...

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    T6 Miranda eh?

That's quite a cool addition to the lineup of available Starships. If it was the 'workhorse' of Starfleet for over a century then that implies it was very well and solidly designed ship worthy of an update.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    well, i hope the stats on the ships themselves will be good, because at first glance, neither the console nor the trait look to be useful in the slightest​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    we're getting First Federation ships at this rate!
    Well, considering there is now First Federation space and that it's the only sector where you have something unique happening (buoys warning you not to go any further)...
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    lopequil wrote: »

The Klingon version of the Offensive Unit "Mistake Not":
    Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath

I was angry... Now I am beyond it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Yep all ST fans love the reliant I would believe is just also good seeing great Klingon and Romulan ships that favor them but look really really great and something new :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The last two Bundle releases, Cryptic/PWE broke its tradition of releasing T6 Ships/Bundles at T5 prices for the first Weekend (2,500/5,000 Zen instead of 3,000/6,000 Zen). So I would think no discount when these release on Thursday. :/

Edit: Well, a 20% Ship Sale is better than the T5 Pricing. I was wrong. Perhaps lower than expected sales of the last two Bundles made them rethink the introduction of new C-Store Ships/Bundles.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    This could be an excellent bundle. So far, the optics for each ship look really good. I might even try to view the live-stream to get a better viewing of the ships. Now to wait in anticipation about their statistics which will make or break the purchasing decision at least initially. Sooner or later though this bundle might be a must buy. Well done Cryptic!
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User

I can see that...the first thought in my mind was "Aelahl".
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I for one, am glad that those who have been ardently asking for this are getting it. I was indifferent at best. Meaning if it didn't happen, that's fine and if it did I'd be happy for those who wanted them.

I doubt it will pry any of mine out of their current ships at the moment, but we'll see.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Sooooo, what's the asking price gonna be for each and for the whole lot?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    3,000 Zen each or 6,000 Zen for the Bundle, assuming that I am correct about no discount on the release weekend. It will be that normally, anyway.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    For a moment, I thought the KDF version has something in common with the venerable T2 K'tanco battlecruiser. It'd be lovely if it somehow could use its parts.

But hey I love bundles fo all factions.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Nice designs.

From that angle, the Romulan one looks like a mix of their 2 most recent sci warbirds, which is okay since it's a light battlecruiser.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    Now all we need is the TMP style phaser arrays to put on her.
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Now all we need is the TMP style phaser arrays to put on her.

Pulse Phasers are your friend.

Things I want in STO:

• odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    > @scififan78 said:
    > Now all we need is the TMP style phaser arrays to put on her.

You mean something other than the pulse phasers we have?
  • kovabombkovabomb Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Just as an afterthought: Wouldn’t it be nice if the new T6 Light Cruiser could be fitted to look like the Pioneer class for TOS characters?