test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who is the most evil in Star Trek?

neocatstarneocatstar Member Posts: 240 Arc User
edited May 2017 in Ten Forward
Ive been watching DS9 lately to catch up on the Dominion and who they are. But what I found was a rival to the ROmulan, Species 8472 and Klingon Empires, and not just them but the Borg too. Each have their evil traits, but after seeing that cold hearted/eyed female changeling in action i think they might be the most evil of all ive seen so far...what do you think??

latest?cb=20070426223122&path-prefix=enthis-guy-is-just-the-worst.jpglatest?cb=20130508195150&path-prefix=en225782-121968-borg-queen.jpg13d973f7cf2432726a38376556be6504.jpg320x240.jpgruafo.jpgtom-hardy-star-trek.jpgricardo-montalban-khan.jpggul-dukat-24.jpgSTTNG403Brothers38_zps3b78846f.jpg

Post edited by neocatstar on

Answers

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Dukat
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
      JJ Abrams.
    • Options
      edited May 2017
      JJ Abrams.

What if i told you I started this meme a few years ago on google and it caught on big time...
      61521432.jpg

• Options
      angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      Spot​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • Options
    • Options
      admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
      I must protest, 8472 were actually the good guys, they were only defending their home from the Borg.

The real most evil in all of Star Trek? Janeway.​​
      2jwMZnF.gif
      Winning.
      It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
      Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
      Oh, look, an explosion...
    • Options
      david#5676 david Member Posts: 43 Arc User
      I'd have to say Dukat. Not only was he evil and twisted, but in the end he merged with the equivalent of Bajor's demons/devil.
    • Options
      mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
      No tribbles? the greatest threat the klingon Empire ever faced?
      From the choices i would say Khan.
      "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
      "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
    • Options
      edited May 2017
      admiralnat wrote: »
      I must protest, 8472 were actually the good guys, they were only defending their home from the Borg.

Wait, what about all that "the weak must be destroyed" stuff they added to some of the missions? ESD died...they attacked an innocent Star Fleet cat, the one who said, "me-ouch" during the assault.

david#5676 wrote: »
      I'd have to say Dukat. Not only was he evil and twisted, but in the end he merged with the equivalent of Bajor's demons/devil.

I seen that one, after killing worfs wife with "alien firepower" lol, he convinced some Bajoran's that evil was good and good was evil...even when being caught in the lie they kept following him trying to make themselves believe it. It wasnt until he tried to kill them all out right they turned on him...except for a die hard who took the pill anyways...i about fell outta my chair. "WHAT??!!"

when the good vs evil ep came up (Neris and Jake) I wonder if you could say, Ma'wraith and Pa'wraith where fighting? :P

No tribbles? the greatest threat the klingon Empire ever faced?
      From the choices i would say Khan.

XD ...i do miss that klingon exploring mission.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FTNPtANZXQ
    • Options
      neocatstar wrote: »

The real most evil in all of Star Trek? Janeway.

Wait, what about all that "the weak must be destroyed" stuff they added to some of the missions? ESD died...they attacked an innocent Star Fleet cat, the one who said, "me-ouch" during the assault.

The Borg started it. 8472 doesn't know we're not Borg. :tongue:​​
      2jwMZnF.gif
      Winning.
      It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
      Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• Options
      jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      Khan noonin Singh

His history in star trek lore is from bow to stern evil

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Khan_Noonien_Singh

• Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      JJ Abrams.

That basterd. Resurrecting a dead Star Trek killed by B&B and overseeing three films that outshine any of the TNG ones except FC. Truly evil.
      What if i told you I started this meme a few years ago on google and it caught on big time...

Firstly, that's a lie, secondly if it's true it just makes you a bit of a nob.

Dukat. Nobody else comes close. He's evil on a Human scale. Cardassians are very Human and as such their motives and action can be judged in the same way as we would our own. Dukat cannot even love his own daughter selflessly. He manages to make her whole existence all about him. He has no redeeming features at all.

Sela, Shinzon, Khan? They are evil but still manage to have some redeeming features, Sela is too weak to make much difference, Shinzon apparently did lead a slaves rebellion and Khan (well Harrison, other Khan was as 2D as his thinking) had his loyalty to his crew.

The Female Changeling and the Borg Queen are too alien to judge in the same way we would say Gowron or Lore. Ad 8472? At best, on the defensive, at worse, operating on starfish logic.

Dukat, hands down.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      artan42 wrote: »
      JJ Abrams.

That basterd. Resurrecting a dead Star Trek killed by B&B and overseeing three films that outshine any of the TNG ones except FC. Truly evil. ​​

Haven't seen the third, but I'd rate the first two well below any of the TNG films, and none of the TNG films are particularly great except maybe First Contact. The TNG films became underwhelming, but the reboots were just plain generic. I'd prefer being 8 years closer to public domain.
    • Options
      kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
      Armus
      "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
      - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
      q4F10XV.jpg
      ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      JJ Abrams.

That basterd. Resurrecting a dead Star Trek killed by B&B and overseeing three films that outshine any of the TNG ones except FC. Truly evil.

Haven't seen the third, but I'd rate the first two well below any of the TNG films, and none of the TNG films are particularly great except maybe First Contact. The TNG films became underwhelming, but the reboots were just plain generic. I'd prefer being 8 years closer to public domain.

Well it's subjective but they're much better. Even just staring actors who aren't clearly tired of the same old roles puts them up there. The fact that they aren't massive wastes of their situations is another thing.

And no, Star Trek will never go public domain. Companies don't let that happen. And Star Trek has never been rebooted. The Kelvin Timeline films exist in the same continuity as the rest of the franchise thus are by definition not reboots.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      edited May 2017
      Noting a conspicuous lack of Luther Sloan.

All of which started after Janeway helped the godsdamned Borg fight them off. That would sour anyone (sane) on the Federation.
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • Options
      JJ Abrams.

Well it's subjective but they're much better. Even just staring actors who aren't clearly tired of the same old roles puts them up there. The fact that they aren't massive wastes of their situations is another thing. ​​

I found the actors acceptable but unremarkable (except Cumberpatch, who was not a good fit for his role), but their adequacy was overshadowed by uninspired action movie plots without any thoughtfulness to them. They were edgy for edginess' sake (sex with farm animals? Really?) and none of the characters acted like professional anythings (except maybe Spock). It's like Starfleet recruited a bunch of Teenagers With Attitude. And their Enterprise needed a few more design passes.

Is Beyond any better? I've heard that it is, but that's that they said about Into Dorkness, too.
      And no, Star Trek will never go public domain. Companies don't let that happen. And Star Trek has never been rebooted. The Kelvin Timeline films exist in the same continuity as the rest of the franchise thus are by definition not reboots.​​
      Well legally, they have to after a certain period (which would be 2061 thanks to the Sunny Bono act AKA the Mickey Mouse Protection Act. Otherwise it would be 2022.). They'd have to push another extension into Law. It would be counterproductive to have copyright that never expires, because the original purpose of copyright law is to encourage people to make things that eventually lapse into the public domain and can be used by all.

Though actually, the existence of the reboot doesn't actually affect when the original Star Trek goes into the public domain.
      And Star Trek has never been rebooted. The Kelvin Timeline films exist in the same continuity as the rest of the franchise thus are by definition not reboots.​​
      Technically it's not a reboot, but it's functionally a reboot because it gives the writers a license to ignore anything they feel like from previous movies or series. This isn't bad in and of itself, but I feel like it's wasted on the series.
      starswordc wrote: »

All of which started after Janeway helped the godsdamned Borg fight them off. That would sour anyone (sane) on the Federation.

Adopting the mantra of "the weak shall perish", interpreted as a license to kill rather than an observation or an imperative to prop up the weak, is most definitely evil regardless of how they arrived at that conclusion.
    • Options
      JJ Abrams.

Well it's subjective but they're much better. Even just staring actors who aren't clearly tired of the same old roles puts them up there. The fact that they aren't massive wastes of their situations is another thing.

I found the actors acceptable but unremarkable (except Cumberpatch, who was not a good fit for his role), but their adequacy was overshadowed by uninspired action movie plots without any thoughtfulness to them. They were edgy for edginess' sake (sex with farm animals? Really?) and none of the characters acted like professional anythings (except maybe Spock). It's like Starfleet recruited a bunch of Teenagers With Attitude. And their Enterprise needed a few more design passes.

Is Beyond any better? I've heard that it is, but that's that they said about Into Dorkness, too.
      And no, Star Trek will never go public domain. Companies don't let that happen. And Star Trek has never been rebooted. The Kelvin Timeline films exist in the same continuity as the rest of the franchise thus are by definition not reboots.
      Well legally, they have to after a certain period (which would be 2061 thanks to the Sunny Bono act AKA the Mickey Mouse Protection Act. Otherwise it would be 2022.). They'd have to push another extension into Law. It would be counterproductive to have copyright that never expires, because the original purpose of copyright law is to encourage people to make things that eventually lapse into the public domain and can be used by all.

Though actually, the existence of the reboot doesn't actually affect when the original Star Trek goes into the public domain.
      And Star Trek has never been rebooted. The Kelvin Timeline films exist in the same continuity as the rest of the franchise thus are by definition not reboots.
      Technically it's not a reboot, but it's functionally a reboot because it gives the writers a license to ignore anything they feel like from previous movies or series. This isn't bad in and of itself, but I feel like it's wasted on the series.

Adopting the mantra of "the weak shall perish", interpreted as a license to kill rather than an observation or an imperative to prop up the weak, is most definitely evil regardless of how they arrived at that conclusion.

Maybe we're hearing them wrong? What if they're telling our guys they were morally weak, in the way that Voyager decided to help the bad guys fight off a completely innocent race just so the Borg would let them go home sooner, and don't bother telling me they can't figure that out, because they were reading Kes' mind the entire time. They know, and the Undine probably believed that the morally weak don't deserve to exist, since they bring their bad nature to others and thereby ruin everything for everyone.​​
      2jwMZnF.gif
      Winning.

• Options
      JJ Abrams.

And no, Star Trek will never go public domain. Companies don't let that happen. And Star Trek has never been rebooted. The Kelvin Timeline films exist in the same continuity as the rest of the franchise thus are by definition not reboots.

And Star Trek has never been rebooted. The Kelvin Timeline films exist in the same continuity as the rest of the franchise thus are by definition not reboots.

Maybe we're hearing them wrong? What if they're telling our guys they were morally weak, in the way that Voyager decided to help the bad guys fight off a completely innocent race just so the Borg would let them go home sooner, and don't bother telling me they can't figure that out, because they were reading Kes' mind the entire time. They knowthe , and the Undine probably believed that the morally weak don't deserve to exist, since they bring their bad nature to others and thereby ruin everything for everyone.​​

That's a pretty big leap. They don't say "the morally weak shall perish," and if I say "I feel weak," you don't take that to mean I feel like I don't live up to a moral code except in certain contexts. And there are better ways of communicating the message you propose: "the selfish shall perish," or "we will destroy the monsters who turned us over to the Borg."
    • Options
      JJ Abrams.

Maybe we're hearing them wrong? What if they're telling our guys they were morally weak, in the way that Voyager decided to help the bad guys fight off a completely innocent race just so the Borg would let them go home sooner, and don't bother telling me they can't figure that out, because they were reading Kes' mind the entire time. They knowthe , and the Undine probably believed that the morally weak don't deserve to exist, since they bring their bad nature to others and thereby ruin everything for everyone.

That's a pretty big leap. They don't say "the morally weak shall perish," and if I say "I feel weak," you don't take that to mean I feel like I don't live up to a moral code except in certain contexts. And there are better ways of communicating the message you propose: "the selfish shall perish," or "we will destroy the monsters who turned us over to the Borg."

We don't know how they understand words, though. It could quite easily have been lost in translation, especially when it's all being communicated by a child who barely knows her own powers. Keep in mind that the Undine were supposedly the only race in Fluidic Space, and yet, the most evolved we've ever seen; to them, the entire concept of a "weaker species" would be alien, so it's plausible that they might think of "weak" in an entirely different way then we do.​​
      2jwMZnF.gif
      Winning.

• Options
      legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
      and it isn't the first time an alien race misunderstood the meaning of another race's words

the yuuzhan vong in star wars, for instance; in their language, the word 'peace' has the same meaning as 'submission'​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • Options
      starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
      Tribbles. Their purring is an extremely powerful form of mind control. The galaxy was saved from their insidious grasp by the Klingons bombarding their homeworld until a certain Starfleet Officer brought one to the 24th Century.
    • Options

Firstly, that's a lie, secondly if it's true it just makes you a bit of a nob.
      ​​

No need to be nasty about it. I didnt see the memes begin to appear until a few months after I began to address him as Jar Jar Abrams, but its not the first time a joke i started took off but no one remembers it came from me. Like "Cat Trek" a series of lolcat shorts I made for kids. James T Cat aboard the USS Kittyprize, i shared some of them on this forum about 4 years ago if i remember right. I did my foundry reviews using the both the cast from Cat Trek and Cat trek the next litter, as my playable toons. RIcosakara did the cover art work for it some years back, but CBS owns the characters now somehow...the only book I have left that hasnt been pulled out from under me is The Cat Crusader.

Cat Trek Art

CBS version of Cat Trek

^check the dates!!

Im not familiar with him

All of which started after Janeway helped the (censored) Borg fight them off. That would sour anyone (sane) on the Federation.

I see your point, plus the Iconians did agro them into a fighting us in the STO storyline...but they where not the good guys in their own home ether, remember having to save some of the species from the in the fluid space missions?
      Tacofangs really had to roll up his sleeves to clean up the mess they made lol

Armus

I couldnt remember his name, thanks. I added his pic to the original post, now that i had a name to google. :P
    • Options
      JJ Abrams.

Maybe we're hearing them wrong? What if they're telling our guys they were morally weak, in the way that Voyager decided to help the bad guys fight off a completely innocent race just so the Borg would let them go home sooner, and don't bother telling me they can't figure that out, because they were reading Kes' mind the entire time. They knowthe , and the Undine probably believed that the morally weak don't deserve to exist, since they bring their bad nature to others and thereby ruin everything for everyone.

We don't know how they understand words, though. It could quite easily have been lost in translation, especially when it's all being communicated by a child who barely knows her own powers. Keep in mind that the Undine were supposedly the only race in Fluidic Space, and yet, the most evolved we've ever seen; to them, the entire concept of a "weaker species" would be alien, so it's plausible that they might think of "weak" in an entirely different way then we do.​​

Possible, but there's nothing to specifically point to that conclusion. Additionally, they actually recreated Starfleet Academy to practice infiltration. In order to do that, they had to have observed us quite closely and ignored all the indicators suggesting that all Starfleet is not Voyager, and what it means when someone says "the weak will perish."
    • Options
      highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
      JJ Abrams.

The new Trek Reboots have done nothing wrong.

Most evil or those shown is Dukat in my book.
      "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
      -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
    • Options
      coldnapalm wrote: »
      I'm also going with Janeway.

I never really watched voyager that close, but i searched evil janeway since your not the first to say that...i didnt know she was like this! :O how did she get promoted to admiral?!!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I3-YcAGRbM
    • Options
      JJ Abrams.

We don't know how they understand words, though. It could quite easily have been lost in translation, especially when it's all being communicated by a child who barely knows her own powers. Keep in mind that the Undine were supposedly the only race in Fluidic Space, and yet, the most evolved we've ever seen; to them, the entire concept of a "weaker species" would be alien, so it's plausible that they might think of "weak" in an entirely different way then we do.

Possible, but there's nothing to specifically point to that conclusion. Additionally, they actually recreated Starfleet Academy to practice infiltration. In order to do that, they had to have observed us quite closely and ignored all the indicators suggesting that all Starfleet is not Voyager, and what it means when someone says "the weak will perish."

The Federation was at war with the Dominion by then, if not already finished said war. Didn't that all start because the Federation intruded in Dominion space? Wouldn't it go to say 8472 would see that and come to the conclusion that the Feds had no qualms against intruding on other's territory for their own purposes, and that they are, in fact, just like Voyager?​​
      2jwMZnF.gif
      Winning.

• Options
      starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      edited May 2017

The Federation was at war with the Dominion by then, if not already finished said war. Didn't that all start because the Federation intruded in Dominion space? Wouldn't it go to say 8472 would see that and come to the conclusion that the Feds had no qualms against intruding on other's territory for their own purposes, and that they are, in fact, just like Voyager?​​

Per "The Search", that war was going to happen regardless of what the Federation did (remember the female Founder's line that they expected to encounter the Federation a hundred years later?), although I grant it may have been difficult for 8472 to be in a position to know that. Regardless, a culture that doesn't give you an opportunity to fix any purported* violation of borders but simply exterminates civilian targets and only then issues a warning is probably not one that is remotely interested in peaceful coexistence.

Anyway, OOC, the problem with "Scorpion" is essentially that the writing team didn't think hard enough about what it would take to convince somebody that the Borg was the lesser evil. We have a good counterexample with the Dominion War: we have seen multiple times that they're horrible people with the murder of innocents, the Teplan blight, the overthrow of foreign governments with no connection to the one that actually attacked them, the list goes on. It's believable that, not only would the Federation consider the lesser evil to be mining the wormhole, knowing full well it will start the war, but well, "In the Pale Moonlight".

In "Scorpion", though... well, we know what the Borg are like, but 8472 is a new player, so you gotta work pretty hard to convince people that they're even worse. Not to mention, standing orders from all the way back in "Descent" pretty much require Starfleet to take any action they can to hurt the Borg, and we learn in "In the Flesh" that Janeway was supposed to attempt to seek a diplomatic resolution before attacking 8472 anyway. (How to contact 8472? You have telepaths aboard. Have Tuvok mind-meld with Kes and help her use her powers properly.) Now, if we'd actually seen 8472 systematically attacking non-Borg targets (Harry Kim doesn't count, he was blundering around in a war zone and ran into a scout with an itchy trigger finger, so to speak), maybe that would have been enough to justify going with the devil you know over the devil you don't. But as it is, Janeway's actions are not only immoral and illegal, they're treasonous.

* I say "purported" because the Founders claim jurisdiction over the entire galaxy but there is little to no evidence they were actually present in the wormhole's vicinity until "The Jem'Hadar".
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/