test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 13] Official Feedback Thread on the Queues, New UI, and PPS

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    LOL- The "the new crappy UI" is awesome and the players love it !

when in doubt, play something else and come back tomorrow.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    The levels of the queues can be very inconsistent. If I wanted to play a game before the last update, I'd join sometimes the Advanced as well as the Elite version of the same game...but now that's impossible. So, you're stuck having joined one game that may not start for ages, compared to one of the other levels. That's massively annoying.
  • edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I agree this is a problem with the new queue interface.
  • yohan#3393 yohan Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Yup. They took out the level filter in the new PVE/PVP queue.
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    There is a drop down menu. It is a very tiny triangle next to the blue "normal difficulty" chevron. Click it, choose the yellow double for "advanced" or the or the triple red for "elite", then check the box & hit the join queue button.

Note that some queues do not have options other than normal.

Way more clunky than it once was, to be sure.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    Actually, it saves up room in the list. But yeah, you need to be aware of it (or notice the big drop-down arrow near the rank pip).

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • graffsandara#2895 graffsandara Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Ditto.
    kayajay wrote: »
    The levels of the queues can be very inconsistent. If I wanted to play a game before the last update, I'd join sometimes the Advanced as well as the Elite version of the same game...but now that's impossible. So, you're stuck having joined one game that may not start for ages, compared to one of the other levels. That's massively annoying.

"Ex Astres Per Aspera"
    "To the Stars, despite adversity"
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    You can join two or more difficulty levels of the same que, it is just a bit of a tedious effort. You need to join one difficulty of the desired que, then hit the leave selected que button (which will leave the previous que/s you selected checked to join), and then click the next difficulty you want to join an hit join selected que again. Rinse an repeat when you want to join several different difficulty settings of a que.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    You can join two or more difficulty levels of the same que, it is just a bit of a tedious effort. You need to join one difficulty of the desired que, then hit the leave selected que button (which will leave the previous que/s you selected checked to join), and then click the next difficulty you want to join an hit join selected que again. Rinse an repeat when you want to join several different difficulty settings of a que.
    Joining Advanced/Elite queues at all is now a bit of tedious effort. That workaround's more trouble than it's worth playing queues at all.

Also bets on it being labeled an "exploit" and "fixed" soon?
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Actually, it saves up *SOME* room in the list. But yeah, you need to be aware of it (or notice the big drop-down arrow near the rank pip).

Fixed it for you. :)

It doesn't allow for you to filter space/ground, only sort them. That'd save even more room in the list.
    edited May 2017
    Actually, it saves up *SOME* room in the list. But yeah, you need to be aware of it (or notice the big drop-down arrow near the rank pip).

Fixed it for you. :)

It doesn't allow for you to filter space/ground, only sort them. That'd save even more room in the list.
    With the tabs, it doesn't need anymore saving room in the list. The only long lists are the "choice of marks" and "fleet marks," because almost everything has choice of marks and fleet marks is always a choice.

Incidentally, those are also the most useless tabs.
  • sagen#3662 sagen Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    I have used Starbase 24 to test and level new ships. I didn't find (may well have overlooked) the regular Starbawse 24 as a mission under the "Available" tab and going to the physical location didn't pull up any ino/entry window. Is this mission just out of the game for now? What are people doing to level their ships besides PUGs?
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    sagen#3662 wrote: »
    I have used Starbase 24 to test and level new ships. I didn't find (may well have overlooked) the regular Starbawse 24 as a mission under the "Available" tab and going to the physical location didn't pull up any ino/entry window. Is this mission just out of the game for now? What are people doing to level their ships besides PUGs?

Starbase 24 is no more... lets hope they revamp it, and allow to do a solo queue, as its used to be, i did it a lot for the same reasons as you..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • sagen#3662 sagen Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    ok, good to know. Are there any solo-able space queues these days? I guess people are going back to ISA and other runs?
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    We've had multiple threads about how illogical, impractical and nonfunctional this new queue UI is. I'm in agreement, I think it's a total abomination and you should be ashamed for even releasing it. However, I would be able to bear it if it at least worked. But no, it doesn't. This game is MMORPG, so I think it would be natural for the game to let me play and team up with my friends, as opposed to total solo-play and pugging. Nevertheless, I've encountered a very nasty and irritating bug that completely ruins the enjoyment of the game and makes you wonder if someone even cares about the health of the game at all.

This is how it usually goes...

1. Me and my friends form a team, or just invite each other to Queue Group.
    2. Due to either not being able to find 5 people to start a pre-made or us just wanting to play Competitive PvEs together (those don't allow to create "true" pre-mades), I tick the "Join Queue" box in PvE Queue window.
    3. Game drops me (or anyone else who ticked the box) from queue group, thus letting only myself to join the queue, forcing to leave teammates behind.
    4. Sometimes, after that, game even greys "Leave Selected Queues" out while you are forced wait in the queue.

Now, it doesn't ALWAYS happen, sometimes game leaves the Queue Group intact and lets you join with team fine, but when it does, it starts to occur repeatedly and doesn't even go away after relogging. The only workaround I've found is to close the game completely and do something else for a few hours.
    Video included, to show you I'm not making things up.
    https://youtu.be/zIiUB7b5mnM

Fyi, this has happened with regular and competitive PvEs alike.

Perhaps, after a week and a half, we could get at least some notification that anyone in the devteam is still keeping an eye on something that is one of the major features of the game, and you know, is at least *trying* to fix all the problems players are having?
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Ehm, it's unlikely that they'll do anything about it now. May have been better to post this on Monday morning.

Why didn't you pick the 'boldly breaking' suggestion for the thread title btw? I liked that one :p
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I don't like the UI either, but it is going to take a bit time for Cryptic to revise. I don't expect a revision for at least another two weeks.
    risian4 wrote: »

Why didn't you pick the 'boldly breaking' suggestion for the thread title btw? I liked that one :p

Ha, the phrase was awesome, but I felt it was too vague for that particular thread.
  • neostalgic08neostalgic08 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Not only is the whole UX of the new queue UI as bad as it can possible get, but they manage to simultaneously break the whole functionality! And that's quite an achievement as this thing literally has ONE JOB!

For quite a few players the PVE queue is their gateway to the endgame content. And breaking this thing means nothing less but blocking those players from their game.

If stuff like this (UI elements that look like they are designed to work cross-platform) is the future of STO, then you might as well bring back the UI from the beta. That was way less horrible.

• captaincasauboncaptaincasaubon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    c/s to what tunebreaker said.

this is utter bs Cryptic. fix it nao.
    Play Hard!
    @Casaubon ~

But...but...they had to break improve the queue UI, because...because...the list was too long!!!!111one

[/sarcasm]
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I'm only speculating here

Could it be The Player Potential System deciding you're fleet/teammates are not matching you're level or vice versa ?

Which then creates a huge problem with causal teaming for queues if the PPS is designed to work in such a way across all PvE/P ?.

All I do for certain is this UI should never have been released to Holodeck, It's obvious its not finished and is still a work in progress. Would it have hurt them to hold it back and get it out of this Beta state ?
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I hope this isn't cause of the q matching system cause that would make it really TRIBBLE that you can't form a team with your mates in game.
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If they didn't release it then the Season would look very light on content. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    mmps1 wrote: »
    I hope this isn't cause of the q matching system cause that would make it really **** that you can't form a team with your mates in game.

Even if the matching system is responsible for this, then I doubt it is intended.

Anyway, they should just give us back the old UI. Roll back the entire thing, maybe that will also fix the other issues such as the one described here. It's not like there are any significant advantages from the new UI compared to the old one anyway.
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Gruber have you tried just teaming up then joining rather than creating a queue group? I don't seem to have that issue when I just team up. That said, it is unintuitive really.

In regards to the PPS for PVE, I'm beginning to hate it. Sometimes I see queues fill up only to have it skipped me multiple times. Queues fill up slowly enough, this added filter just makes it worse.

I loved PUGging. I always lived the #PUGLyfe to the point some of my in-game friends have called me both a TRIBBLE and chronic PUGger. The PPS and the multiple times it leaves me out is beginning to push me back into premades.
    e30ernest wrote: »
    Gruber have you tried just teaming up then joining rather than creating a queue group?

See the video I linked, we were all in team.

I'm only speculating here

Could it be The Player Potential System deciding you're fleet/teammates are not matching you're level or vice versa ?

Which then creates a huge problem with causal teaming for queues if the PPS is designed to work in such a way across all PvE/P ?.

I'm a bit sceptical, because I've had this bug happening with me, Player A and Player B being in same team; however, when some time earlier (could've been previous day) me, A and B (exactly the same people with same toons) were in team with player C and D, we could join Core Assault just fine.

That being said, if it really is PPS causing my issue + Ernest's skipping intentionally, then this must be the most ridiculous and counterintuitive feature they've implemented. Fingers crossed it's just a bug though.
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Gruber have you tried just teaming up then joining rather than creating a queue group?

No I mean skipping the create queue group/private window altogether and just form a team then queue?

No I mean skipping the create queue group/private window altogether and just form a team then queue?

That's exactly what we did. Game auto-assigns people also into queue group after forming a team. And if it doesn't and team leader queues up, everyone else will be excluded from the queue.