test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Welcome to Season 13!

Comments

• Options
    mooncrystalpowermooncrystalpower Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    If you're having these graphical issues, can you PM me with the details on your graphics settings and what card you're using? Thanks!

Interestingly enough, the new patch fixed old graphical issues I was having with textures turning invisible in the ship tailor.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_sec.170327-1835)
    Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7816
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/18/14 14:56:10 Ver: V12.7B0
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16312MB RAM
    Page File: 4092MB used, 14651MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX TITAN
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Display Memory: 14262 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 6106 MB
    Shared Memory: 8155 MB
    Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: NV Surround
    Monitor Id: SAM0D2C

you gonna tell me that the graphics issues is the users problem

~-~º(-V-')º~-~
    ........I'm not impressed by those specs, nope, NO WAY!!!.... /s
    *sighs loudly* Back to waiting to play on my substandard laptop...

giphy.gif
    l6aD2g7.gif
    I am the one, the ORIGINAL/Official Sailor Moon of STO! ~-~º(^v~)ºv~-~
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    yu mo gwai gui fai di zao
    mlfw1301_1322072037614711.gif
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    cryshalsingcryshalsing Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    And we're back online...for now

Better than 5 hours down I guess ;)
  • Options
    justalittleperiljustalittleperil Member Posts: 15 Arc User

They aren't even normal enemies though. They are special super-low-level enemies that are just a joke. The ones in ISA were level 44, the old minimum for that queue (a long time ago, before the rising of the delta).

lol. I stand corrected.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    If you're having these graphical issues, can you PM me with the details on your graphics settings and what card you're using? Thanks!

uhh....how?

Send me a PM with the details of your graphics card, and the graphical settings you're using in Star Trek Online.
  • Options
    markb1975markb1975 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I thought all builds would still be usable. I took my ship that could previously solo red alerts into one and couldn't solo two groups before dying. I even switched out traits to allow my faw to only lose 5% hit.

I have been playing this game way too much anyway. I think I'll come back if science becomes a playable class again. Thank you for giving me motivation to do some else.... anything else!
  • Options
    justalittleperiljustalittleperil Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    One other huge issue with the GUI is you cant see how many people are waiting in all the queues! Often I join whatever expert queues have people in them. I would have to drop down and click every expert queue to see who is waiting for what. :(
  • Options
    mooncrystalpowermooncrystalpower Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    markb1975 wrote: »
    I thought all builds would still be usable. I took my ship that could previously solo red alerts into one and couldn't solo two groups before dying. I even switched out traits to allow my faw to only lose 5% hit.

I have been playing this game way too much anyway. I think I'll come back if science becomes a playable class again. Thank you for giving me motivation to do some else.... anything else!

Hmmm, sounds like something else is wrong with your build then, because I changed mine up a fair bit post-patch, but I find I'm still doing high damage AND staying alive too! But then I never had issues with Red Alerts, except maybe when I was below level 30 or 40 maybe?...Were you using plasma exploders? Those got super-nerfed... ~-~º(-v -')º~-~
    l6aD2g7.gif
    I am the one, the ORIGINAL/Official Sailor Moon of STO! ~-~º(^v~)ºv~-~
  • Options
    borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    13 is an unlucky number. Game jumped shark with Universe class ships. Still a train wreck I see. Back to Subnautica
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Another graphics oddity: there was at one point a setting for 'Lighting Quality' which, when set to Low, locked out medium and high shadow options, but got rid of the 'waxed/wet' look things have currently. For example, at Low, a Xyfius with black/black ull swatches actually looks good, as seen here:

27948031580_e22fca1104_z.jpg
    (source)

Under the current setup, it looks dully-polished silver, with the 'wood' parts looking like metallic bronze or gold. If you would kindly bring this to the relevant persons' attention so they can put things to rights, it would be appreciated.

In advance, thank you.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    GO STEEL BENDERS!

I'm guessing this is their mascot.
    Bender_Rodriguez.png
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    The UI may simply be a matter of getting used to, it is a lot less cluttered than it was before.
    You have a very strange definition of "less cluttered". The old queue window let me see a good dozen or so queues. The new window is both larger and shows less while being filled with flashy things. That sounds like MORE cluttered to me.

translation for those who don't speak ruinese:

I DON'T LIKE NEW THINGS!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    translation for those who don't speak ruinese:

I DON'T LIKE NEW THINGS!​​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYihhSS9kic
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Been sitting in Core Assault Que for 30 minutes and it's still not popping?

Changes are so bad nobody's playing anymore?

Bet that will mess with their metrics.
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I guess it's marketing, but I don't see how this can be called a new season, when 12 was basically incomplete and not much in it. I'm not even sure in terms of content, this qualifies as 12.5, even. More like 12.333
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Seeing my "patched up" char (transparency issue, reported here already, IntelHD3000, low settings (which looked much better before) with Lighting 2.0 off - can't help more), seeing breaking the unbroken for only giving more difficulties (where is the daily bonus CD timer? how can one filter various mark type at once to only include or exclude a few? and this before I even tried joining queues or speaking about difficulty level heterogenic choices or filtering, which I heard is non trivial/changed) and reading what other wrote about those showstoppers (e.g. Kobali?! you blocked people who hadn't done Kobali missions from continue to the rest of Delta arc, allegedly*, and unsure yet what happens to the rest in that regard) and many other bugs scattered on support, I think it was the most disastrous and useless release.

*P.S. As for Kobali issue, it just MIGHT also affect AoY / account wide Delta arc unlock as well. Adding as I thought about late and for that it would be noticed in relevant posts of self.

A buggy to broken, cluttered release with showstoppers which looks as if it was done just to wrap an extensive space change (nerf others may say) which I seem to not like, BTW. Nothing good I see here. (FE is standard and could have been made outside of this release). Released on the same day, just to be up on schedule - labeled the PvP release in a way - Yet missing the PvP part on the same day (will be added/enabled today though). Not that I personally need or asked for any PvP (not really for me), but I found that absurd and hilarious in a bit sad way. People no longer test much in tribble as their feedback seems to be ignored, or addressed way (too) late only to shut fire just before the next release/when no other way anymore.

If I was a Dev I would have pulled out my hair. 13 is indeed a fitting number.
    I tried to make my language gentle (relatively), and added some more constructive feedback instead of just saying it's a bad useless release, sorry if failed.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    neomi2neomi2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    There is a really good suggestion at the end of this post if you don't feel like reading through my comparisons.

New PVE interface vs Old PVE interface

---- Joining Queues ----
    Old:
    double click federation fleet alert (2 clicks)
    double click Crystaline Catastrpohy advanced (2 clicks)
    double click Infected Conduit advanced (2 clicks)

3 queues joined with 6 clicks

New:
    Click fleet marks (1 click)
    Click federation fleet alert (1 click)
    Click join checkbox (1 click)
    Click nukera marks (1 click)
    Click crystaline catastrophy (1 click)
    Click crystaline catastrophy difficulty dropdown (1 click)
    Click advanced (1 click)
    Click join check box (1 click)
    Click omega marks (1 click)
    Click infected conduit (1 click)
    Click infected conduit difficulty dropdown (1 click)
    Click join checkbox (1 click)
    Click join selected queues (1 click)

3 queues joined with 13 clicks. More than twice as many.

---- Finding Queues ----

Old:
    Filter by ground or space (with ability to select multiple)
    Filter by type of marks (with ability to select multiple)
    Filter by difficulty (with ability to select multiple)
    Filter by number of players (with ability to select multiple)

New:
    Cannot filter by ground or space
    Can only filter by a single type of mark
    Cannot filter by difficulty
    Cannot filter by number of players

---- Knowing when bonuses are ready ----

Old:
    Handy button to show how much longer until the daily cool down is over

New:
    No such button to show this useful information

---- POTENTIAL FIX FOR EVERYTHING BUT THE BONUSES ----

A lot of people around the galaxy were behind me on this solution. I found plenty of people that like the new interface and plenty of people that hate it, and all of them think this feature would be amazing.

The Feature: The ability to mark queues as "Favorite"

This would put the marked queues into a Favorites list so that all the queues that you like to frequently use can be found quickly without having to scroll or search too much.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Not enjoying Core Assault much. Though I hate to sound insulting, it's too complicated for your average PuG. Every instance I've played I have been the only one doing anything to open doors! I keep finding myself teamed with players who either have no idea what they're doing (i.e skipped the mission tutorial) or can't think beyond 'shoot stuff'.

The tutorial isn't very useful until you see what it's talking about, and I wasn't able to get through it by the time the match started.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Not enjoying Core Assault much. Though I hate to sound insulting, it's too complicated for your average PuG. Every instance I've played I have been the only one doing anything to open doors! I keep finding myself teamed with players who either have no idea what they're doing (i.e skipped the mission tutorial) or can't think beyond 'shoot stuff'.

The tutorial isn't very useful until you see what it's talking about, and I wasn't able to get through it by the time the match started.

so stay there for the rest of it; and if anyone b.itches at you for it, just tell the rambos that you're actually doing what they with their minuscule ape-brains are incapable of doing - learning how to actually do the queue​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    The Battle of Korfez has become very brutal since the patch, someone with epic gear was even complaining about it and couldn't get past the first fight before quitting.
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    The tutorial needs more time and pictures to show the players what to do and remind them that it's not ISA.

The core's ability to instavape players is hilarious and a good reminder for hardcore PvPers that attacking a player near their core will likely result in death.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    The Battle of Korfez has become very brutal since the patch, someone with epic gear was even complaining about it and couldn't get past the first fight before quitting.

I don't play Korfez, but consoles from lower Tier ships are also epic quality. Gear doesn't say so much, it's what you do with it that matters.

Anyway, I can only hope that they make the ground elite queues a bit harder as well. Something is clearly wrong when something that's supposed to be hard can be farmed for the salvaged technology without too much effort. Especially Rhiho station needs to be changed.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    As for the door opening in Core Assault: it just takes time for people to become aware. Give it a few days, information and hints need to spread.

To give just a few examples: the issue with the mines in the Sompek event was quickly becoming known by the players.
    Yesterday the first players already knew how to work around the issue with the disappeared and not properly functioning console in Khitomer ground.
    Same with the First Contact event. It didn't take long for people to realise that there was no reason to actually do anything.

Of course there will always remain that special subset of players who don't know how to do anything else than pressing spacebar, but the majority of the players should get the basics of the mission within the next couple of days.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    risian4 wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »

I don't play Korfez, but consoles from lower Tier ships are also epic quality. Gear doesn't say so much, it's what you do with it that matters.

Anyway, I can only hope that they make the ground elite queues a bit harder as well. Something is clearly wrong when something that's supposed to be hard can be farmed for the salvaged technology without too much effort. Especially Rhiho station needs to be changed.
    They weren't speaking of those epic consoles coming with ships, they were speaking of the upgradable consoles which they upgraded to epic, also this guy was a proficient player. Korfez was always difficult but not at the extent that was the cause of the patch, I saw a lot of people dying a lot during the first battle multiple times I attempted the queue. Everyone who used to do the queue may have to relearn it now.

• Options
    mechguy851mechguy851 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    i'd just be happy if the server would come up enough to start patching already, takes long enough as it is with the patch size
  • Options
    cryshalsingcryshalsing Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    1nzqdw.jpg

Okay...I think I snorted coffee out my nose on that one.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    And the graphic-related ground crashes fixed in the patch at the end of February are back. Same audio stuttering followed by total lockup requiring hard reboot. DX11 NVidia 8800 GTX with latest drivers and WIN7 64-bit, also with up-to-date patches. Ever since the end of February patch, I haven't crashed once. Now, if I stand by the bank on ESD (or other social ground maps), I am not long for life. Thanks to this bug, I "die" more often in ESD than in battle. Please fix!
    1nzqdw.jpg

Preach it, Crashdragon! Amen!